OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

Zoltorb

Banned deucer.
Hello, I was scrolling down the Other Metagames forum, and came across here. I’m very new to the lovely community of smogon right now, I thought this place would be an excellent way to get to know people. So, ChazmicSupanova, when did you start playing Pokemons? When did you discover this website and Showdown. What is your favourite metagame? What is your favourite Pokemon(s)? Are you good at the Metagames you play?

Hello, I was scrolling down the Other Metagames forum, and came across here. I’m very new to the lovely community of smogon right now, I thought this place would be an excellent way to get to know people. So, ChazmicSupanova, when did you start playing Pokemons? When did you discover this website and Showdown. What is your favourite metagame? What is your favourite Pokemon(s)? Are you good at the Metagames you play?
Started playing during 2009; at least some time after the European release of Pokemon Platinum. Didn't properly join Smogon until mid 2016 however.

Favourite metagame is Mix and Mega - and my favourite Pokemon...

2462 results

1311 results

961 results

80712 results

I have about a 5.9% chance to say any of the above variations of Magearna. Just to show you how 'favourite' it is...

But to respond to the other question; I'm currently in the Finals for the Mix and Mega Fall Seasonal, so that should be good enough confirmation to tell you that I'm at least decent and totally didn't hax my way through

Round 2
1. What is one big change to PS that you're looking forward to the most?
2. Which person irl do you look up to the most?
3. Which person on PS do you look up to the most?
4. Will OM Room Room Moderator OM Room ever get promoted to OM Room Room Owner OM Room?
5. What are your favorite music genres?
6. Which are your favorite music artists?
7. Can you play a music instrument? Which, how and when did you learn to do so?
8. Are these questions killing your boredom?
9. What's your credit card number, it's expiration date and the 3 numbers on the back?
10. Invent a unique OM. Describe it. And also give sample sets
1. Not really looking toward too much change for Pokemon Showdown right now. Apart from a few users being more closely monitored, I think this community is as good as it can be ;)
2. Someone the guys on the Mix and Mega discord may have heard of, but is going to stay unnamed here. I look up to them particularly for their strong will, both academically and physically despite their severe depression.
3. Probably TheCoastsOfToast for being s cute user
4. Had Ransei not gotten the upper hand I could have believed it
5. Generally; I don't have a preferred genre, I just listen to what's good
6. Again, no particular favourite
7. Not really - I tried learning the keyboard but I just got really tired and unmotivated to do it
8. No, not really. Killing my boredom is something that is really hard to do
9. 9669 9669 9669 9669, whenever/whatever/whereever, 420
10. Natural Extreme: All natures boost (and reduce) stats by 25% respectively. For example:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Wood Hammer now achieves OHKOs on certain targets:
+10%:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +2 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Grassy Terrain: 214-252 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+25%:
+3 252 Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +2 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Grassy Terrain: 244-288 (81 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
Tapu Bulu is now capable of OHKOing Shift Gear Magearna after Stealth Rock, indicating the brute force of the new Adamant Nature.

Which kind of Tiny Teddy are you? (reference)
Gotta be cheeky man, I look like that half the time
It depends on who is on the trolley that I can mildly incovinience with my own death

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
When you ladder, what tactics do you use to handle unconventional sets?

Do you find that creating new sets of your own helps you, or are you a stickler for the standard tried-and-true sets?

(The above 2 can be applicable for any metagame).

When you joined Smogon, what helped you narrow your sights on Other Metagames?

It's always fascinating to hear others' initial interests in something creative like these unique modified metagames.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Brought this cutie out while I'm on vacation, Merry Christmas lads

Hello TheCoastsOfToast, small toast boy of olden legends.
Hello artist formerly known as OM Room!
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Daniel, and I'm a ~professional bassoonist~ and graduate student at a university in Michigan. I'm 23 years old but have been told I have the mental acuity of a particularly bright 4-year-old. Some of my interests outside of music include gustatory exploration, linguistics, etymology, entomology, epidemiology, elephantology, and canoeing in moonlit rivers with just a picnic basket full of cheese puffs. My goal in life is to convince people that classical music is accessible and enjoyable for everyone, not just octogenarians with hearing problems, and to bring joy to concertgoers as much as I possibly can. Some of my accolades include winning an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, having the world's 3rd-fastest speed run of Super Mario 64, and winning 1st Prize at a National Imitation Chick-Fil-A cooking contest. I have been known to travel hundreds of miles inside a giant rolling tire, shouting about criminal justice reform through a Looney Tunes-themed megaphone. I once met Zendaya and she told me I should wear green more often because it brings out my eyes. My proudest moment is probably when I performed CPR on a mall Santa in front of hundreds of worried children, only to restore the Christmas spirit to the masses and in turn get rewarded with the gift of my very own white beard (which I can't get rid of no matter how many times I shave).

How did you get into Pokémon?
Well I am old enough to have actually started playing Gen 1 games on a cute teal Gameboy Color. I played all the main series games from Gens 1-4, but I was tragically uncompetitive and just used cute, round, blobby Pokémon (like 4 attacks Blissey in Crystal). I particularly enjoyed spinoff games like Pokémon Pinball, PMD, and things like that. After taking a hiatus from Pokémon Pearl onward, I started playing in Gen 7 again and finally started to think about things competitively... but not competitively enough to not use Crabominable and Drampa. About 1.5 years ago I discovered PS and finally realized what possibilities there were, even though I only played Hackmons Cup for like 5 months. And now here I am, still incapable of winning a single battle in any tier on the simulator, ever. But at least I understand some things!

What metagame or metagames are you currently playing?
Well that's a difficult question. I always like to give the OMs of the month a try, but I rarely stick to 'em (although this month Inheritance is pretty cool) but the only thing I'm regularly playing nowadays is Hackmons Cup. There's something so addicting about the sheer unpredictability of it, and it can be so funny or so frustrating or both. I still play AAA for fun of course, and would consider it my main Other Meta for sure, but I haven't laddered in a very long time.

What's your favourite metagame to talk / theorymon about?
AAA is definitely my fave because there are so many possibilities, especially really niche ones, that haven't been explored much. Obviously there are common, very good sets for many mons but you can pack some serious surprise into teams that can win you a game.

Do you want to share some cool sets you've made for these metagames?
There are a couple of sets recently (or not so recently) that I've used and really loved that I don't think I've seen much elsewhere. Flash Fire Weavile is one of my favorites, because it traps things like Victini and Blacephalon and can remove them with ease. I also recently ran Storm Drain Blacephalon which just stunts on Fini and offensive Manaphy (and sometimes even things like Golisopod), and Band Aerilate Celesteela with Explosion to just destroy stuff.

Is there anything you think you could improve about the community? If so, what?
I really love the other metas community. No group of people, especially when it comes to online gaming, is perfect, but there are so many helpful and wonderful users abound. If I could ask anything, it's to remember that everyone is a beginner at some point. Some of the people asking simple or "silly" questions could go on to be great Other Metas players. I was using Dusclops on my first AAA team, and look how far I've come (not far).

What is your thoughts about the OMWC results?
My thoughts is Northeast's victory is not shocking and quite well-deserved, but I (like many people) thought Canada would win it all.

You enjoying this new Holiday at Smogon theme?
I do think it's quite cute! A nice facelift to get us in cheery spirits.

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?
Just as far as players go, there are so many great OM players that it's tough. Specifically in AAA, though, when I look at people like Jrdn Sylveon. and aesf I can't help but admire their creativity and battling prowess.
When it comes to great friends, I feel really lucky to say that I there are too many to name. So many users have been so kind to me even though I can definitely be a bit much sometimes. People have put up with my ridiculous ideas, my heavy-handed sailor mouth on calls, and my flamboyant ridiculous personality and I thank them for that. I don't think I have to name anyone in particular because I undoubtedly would forget some of my favorite people. So to my magnificent friends on this website, I sincerely thank you for being so great :) Oh but not vivalospride

Do you have any last words you want to share with us?
Stay positive!! Especially with a game like Pokémon, it's easy to get bogged down by things. Being a positive influence on the site can go a really long way.
Ask me anything and I will do my best to answer! I like to think of myself as an open book. Also follow me on Instagram :3

glhf

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1. why are you such a cute user?
2. is it true that you are cute? (The right answer is yes, btw)
3. How many pets/dogs do you have? Are they all equally cute as the one in the interview post?
4. I have been inflicted with a disease that has only one cure. This cure is you typing a <3 for me. <3 you lots, by the way

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1. Alright so I don't know viv too well but you specifically mentioned him as someone who isn't your friend and I'd like you to explain why, every experience I've had with him has been amazing and he's just such a great member of this dogshit fuck ass community so I'd really like to understand your pov
2. why is it thecoastsoftoast and not thecoastoftoasts???
3. best toy box song?
4. favorite lil wayne song??
5. favorite lil wayne line?!?!?!?
6. drown.

TheCoastsOfToast

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I would ask you questions but you've already basically given me your life story so uh.

Now tell me a story all about how
Your life got flipped turned upside down
And you'd like to take a minute, I'll listen best
You'll tell me how you became the prince of a town called P S.

In uni in Michigan taught and raised
In the classroom is where you spent most of your days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all playing some bassoon outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started playing oboe in your neighborhood
You got in one little band and TI got mad
And said "You're moving with your grandpa drampa, cuz you've been bad."

Also send more dog pics

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What else do you do when you're not either practicing with the orchestra, playing PS, or being a cute user?
What were your worst and best Christmas presents?
How do you manage to win so many Hackmons Cup, CC1v1, and Metronome battles (especially against me)?
What would you do if I held a knife to your throat?
Are you planning to join any team tours soon?
What is your dog's personality?
What is your favorite color?
Lastly, can we get a sample of your bassoonery?

Few Questions for TheGoatsofToast:

1. How was ur Christmas?
2. How did you come up with ur name?
3. What's ur insta
Have a great day!
1. My Christmas was lovely, thanks for asking!! Good food and family and lots of Smash Ultimate
2. The name actually comes from a nonsense poem I wrote when I was in early elementary school that I found years later. One of the lines was "the coast is toast" instead of "the coast is clear" and I loved it enough to use this screen name for almost everything.
3. Shockingly it's TheCoastsOfToast

1. why are you such a cute user?
2. is it true that you are cute? (The right answer is yes, btw)
3. How many pets/dogs do you have? Are they all equally cute as the one in the interview post?
4. I have been inflicted with a disease that has only one cure. This cure is you typing a <3 for me. <3 you lots, by the way
1. :) I do my best!!
2. I'll let YOU be the judge of that
3. I only have the one dog, and I would actually say she's cuter in that pic than she is IRL right now cuz she got a wack haircut
4. <3 you too secty

1. Alright so I don't know viv too well but you specifically mentioned him as someone who isn't your friend and I'd like you to explain why, every experience I've had with him has been amazing and he's just such a great member of this dogshit fuck ass community so I'd really like to understand your pov
2. why is it thecoastsoftoast and not thecoastoftoasts???
3. best toy box song?
4. favorite lil wayne song??
5. favorite lil wayne line?!?!?!?
6. drown.

TheCoastsOfToast
1. From my experience, viv would be a really great and fun user except that he just can't get a grip on how to play at Hackmons Cup without being salty. Also he has a tendency to tell me to drown for some reason
2. Because you don't say "toasts" to refer to multiple toast anyway. You're like "wow that's a lot of toast" not "toasts" omg get it together.
3. Best Friend by far
4. N/A how dare you ask this
5. Anything but the line about geese, erection
6. Nice

What else do you do when you're not either practicing with the orchestra, playing PS, or being a cute user?
What were your worst and best Christmas presents?
How do you manage to win so many Hackmons Cup, CC1v1, and Metronome battles (especially against me)?
What would you do if I held a knife to your throat?
Are you planning to join any team tours soon?
What is your dog's personality?
What is your favorite color?
Lastly, can we get a sample of your bassoonery?
1. Music consumes a lot of my life, so really I don't have too many things I do regularly outside of it. I try to watch Jeopardy every day cuz I'm an old man and and hang out with my equally stressed out music school friends in my free time. I also like to just lie in bed and listen to music on my oldass iPod through my oldass speaker system because classical musicians don't spend enough time listening to music just to enjoy it, imo
2. I didn't really get any bad Christmas presents! But I did get adorable socks with my dog's face on them which I was not expecting at all.
3. Winning those kinds of formats is simple: be better than your opponent ;) (and just pray for good RNG)
3.5 Good luck finding my throat
4. I'm hoping to get drafted for the Random Battles Team Tournament, but I can't guarantee I will be! OM team tours, however, I'm not sure about
5. Bella is super fuckin annoying but she's really cute sometimes so it's hard to stay mad at her. She's needier than I am as a person which is saying something
6. My fave color used to be like super lime green but over the years it's probably changed to a nice orange
7. Check me out on insta and you can!

This is a very unrealistic question because I never, NEVER, would be in last place. BUT if I were, I undoubtedly would try to fuck over the 1st place racer cuz I am all for chaos and destruction.

1. what did bella get for christmas
2. whats it like being the horniest bitch alive
3. what did YOU get for christmas
4. If the coasts were really made of toast, would the ocean be butter or still water that makes the bread soggy
5. Why is there nothing hotter than when you double toungue your bassoon
1. Bella didn't get anything this year except our love
2. It has its ups and downs, but man is it exhausting
3. V-neck undershirts!! woo!!!!
4. I think the ocean would still be made of water, just for simplicity's sake
5. Tell me about it, stud ;)

Why u so awesome, why u so nice, tell me ur secret, what would you do if I held a knife to your throat, what time zone are you?
Thanks! As for time zone: "...and graduate student at a university in Michigan." :thinking:

1. My Christmas was lovely, thanks for asking!! Good food and family and lots of Smash Ultimate
2. The name actually comes from a nonsense poem I wrote when I was in early elementary school that I found years later. One of the lines was "the coast is toast" instead of "the coast is clear" and I loved it enough to use this screen name for almost everything.
3. Shockingly it's TheCoastsOfToast

1. :) I do my best!!
2. I'll let YOU be the judge of that
3. I only have the one dog, and I would actually say she's cuter in that pic than she is IRL right now cuz she got a wack haircut
4. <3 you too secty

1. From my experience, viv would be a really great and fun user except that he just can't get a grip on how to play at Hackmons Cup without being salty. Also he has a tendency to tell me to drown for some reason
2. Because you don't say "toasts" to refer to multiple toast anyway. You're like "wow that's a lot of toast" not "toasts" omg get it together.
3. Best Friend by far
4. N/A how dare you ask this
5. Anything but the line about geese, erection
6. Nice

1. Music consumes a lot of my life, so really I don't have too many things I do regularly outside of it. I try to watch Jeopardy every day cuz I'm an old man and and hang out with my equally stressed out music school friends in my free time. I also like to just lie in bed and listen to music on my oldass iPod through my oldass speaker system because classical musicians don't spend enough time listening to music just to enjoy it, imo
2. I didn't really get any bad Christmas presents! But I did get adorable socks with my dog's face on them which I was not expecting at all.
3. Winning those kinds of formats is simple: be better than your opponent ;) (and just pray for good RNG)
3.5 Good luck finding my throat
4. I'm hoping to get drafted for the Random Battles Team Tournament, but I can't guarantee I will be! OM team tours, however, I'm not sure about
5. Bella is super fuckin annoying but she's really cute sometimes so it's hard to stay mad at her. She's needier than I am as a person which is saying something
6. My fave color used to be like super lime green but over the years it's probably changed to a nice orange
7. Check me out on insta and you can!

This is a very unrealistic question because I never, NEVER, would be in last place. BUT if I were, I undoubtedly would try to fuck over the 1st place racer cuz I am all for chaos and destruction.

1. Bella didn't get anything this year except our love
2. It has its ups and downs, but man is it exhausting
3. V-neck undershirts!! woo!!!!
4. I think the ocean would still be made of water, just for simplicity's sake
5. Tell me about it, stud ;)

Thanks! As for time zone: "...and graduate student at a university in Michigan." :thinking:
Where tf is Michigan?

omg tcot hiiiiiiiiiiii

1. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?

2. How did you get into the bassoon?
2.5 What would you say to someone that’s considering taking up the bassoon?

3. What’s the worst thing you’ve done to viv?

4. What are your goals for 2019?

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Describe your haircare routine in extreme detail.
What do you hate about me the most?
When are you and vivalospride getting married?
Do you prefer being called Danny or Daurel?
Favourite Vine?
Do you think Corky from Bill and Corky has a moral compass?
If God is everywhere, why do I need to go to church to talk to him?
Which Pokemon is your fursona?
Favourite vivalospride quote?
You sound like the kind of person who would binge watch Frasier, would I be correct in that assumption?
Favourite chicken restaurant?
Why does your laugh sound like a kookaburra's?
McCauley Caulkin 2020?
Why do you still use a booster seat?

Hello Toasts!
1. What was the most fun you've ever had playing mons?
2. What is your least favorite "genre" of music and why is it so bad?
3. What is the time you have been the angriest at mons? (Or a time if you can't come up with THE time)
4. How much do you like Smash Ultimate and where would you rank all of the Smash games in order?
5. At what point did you realize that the Bassoon is an incredibly bulky instrument and ya might have messed up by picking this thing?
6. Do you think you'll ever wax your body and if you do, would you go all out or only like.. your arms, legs, chest, etc?
7. As a fellow small yip yip owner, I would love to know what specifically annoys you about YOUR small yip yip?
8. Why do you practice at 2-3 a.m... have you ever considered going about that at a more reasonable hour and have you ever stayed up all night practicing?

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey tcot,
  • How did you get so affiliated with classical music.
  • Who's your favourite artist in the classical genre.
  • How old were you during your first performance.
  • What is your relationship with the word 'bitch'.
  • You have been a player and a manager both, which one do you prefer.
  • When are you coming up with something super wild in AAA, so that I can call you bad and end up losing to it.
  • Thoughts on CrabOmpl2k19
  • Favourite mons replay.
  • On someone's request : Please tell us about your current 2 crushes
Always stay active and fun mate (and stop using fucking rain :blobglare: )

Last edited:

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
Hey tcot, your biggest fan ever writing!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon? Could you see it work in AAA, and with what set?
2. Favorite author/poet?
3. Do you ever plan on coming to Europe (and to Italy or Switzerland in particular)?
4. What is the most OP set you remember getting/fighting in a Hackmons Cup game?
5. What other instruments would you fancy playing?
6. Not a question, but you're an inspiration <3
7. What is the secret to being such a good sport in victory and defeat?

omg tcot hiiiiiiiiiiii

1. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?

2. How did you get into the bassoon?
2.5 What would you say to someone that’s considering taking up the bassoon?

3. What’s the worst thing you’ve done to viv?

4. What are your goals for 2019?
1. That's a very difficult question! I'm pretty lucky to have a pretty privileged life and there isn't anything extremely pressing or horrible that I immediately can think of to change, just a bunch of small things. I think one thing I could change to improve my life would be less of a chronic procrastinator. There are just too many times in my life that I've cut it way too close...
2. The bassoon came to me to save me from my life as a saxophonist. I was a 2nd-to-last-chair saxophonist in the 7th grade band and what better way to guarantee 1st chair than to switch to an instrument no one else plays? Nah I'm only joking about that last part. I heard a couple videos and recordings of the instrument and immediately fell in love and marched up to my band teacher and asked to play it. He agreed because a kid nerdy enough to ASK to play bassoon is exactly who should be playing bassoon.
2.5 Unless you're ready to spend thousands of dollars for things that will inevitably disappoint you, and are willing to be a slave to vegetable matter for your days, play something else!!!
3. I've only ever done positive things to vivalospride . If I had to choose one thing though it would have to be sabotaging his chances are RBTT2 by regularly creaming him so badly.
4. My goals for 2019 are many, but include things like put on a bomb-ass master's recital, take some pro auditions and represent myself well, and find the love of my life. PLEASE.

Describe your haircare routine in extreme detail.
What do you hate about me the most?
When are you and vivalospride getting married?
Do you prefer being called Danny or Daurel?
Favourite Vine?
Do you think Corky from Bill and Corky has a moral compass?
If God is everywhere, why do I need to go to church to talk to him?
Which Pokemon is your fursona?
Favourite vivalospride quote?
You sound like the kind of person who would binge watch Frasier, would I be correct in that assumption?
Favourite chicken restaurant?
Why does your laugh sound like a kookaburra's?
McCauley Caulkin 2020?
Why do you still use a booster seat?
0. I use Pantene shampoo and conditioner, and then I just brush it up and does what it does. No product or anything!
1. I hate that you think I would hate something about you?? Like... hello???
2. August 2020, in Long Beach, CA officiated by Justice Sotomayor
3. They sound the same to me....
4. That's tough. Probably this one, tbh, for its sheer well-acted perfection:
5. Can't answer as I don't have a moral compass myself
6. You don't... that's just like flagging your talk as "important"
7. Probably Cleffa for its sheer nubbiness
8. "THERE IT IS!!!" in regards to literally ANYTHING happening in a battle because its repeatability and message ring in my ears
9. As far as fast food goes, probably Popeye's, but Chick-Fil-A is great too
10. Bird DNA
11. Is he that old already? Damn.
12. Having negative ass necessitates a booster seat...

Hello Toasts!
1. What was the most fun you've ever had playing mons?
2. What is your least favorite "genre" of music and why is it so bad?
3. What is the time you have been the angriest at mons? (Or a time if you can't come up with THE time)
4. How much do you like Smash Ultimate and where would you rank all of the Smash games in order?
5. At what point did you realize that the Bassoon is an incredibly bulky instrument and ya might have messed up by picking this thing?
6. Do you think you'll ever wax your body and if you do, would you go all out or only like.. your arms, legs, chest, etc?
7. As a fellow small yip yip owner, I would love to know what specifically annoys you about YOUR small yip yip?
8. Why do you practice at 2-3 a.m... have you ever considered going about that at a more reasonable hour and have you ever stayed up all night practicing?
1. That's a truly impossible question, because there have been so many times playing mons that I've been absolutely dying with laughter. Too many joyous calls where I've overpowered the other microphones with my cackling kookaburra laugh (Chloe). However, I will share this replay, a battle against an IRL friend in which I was crying by the end: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-574642180
2. I believe that every genre of music has something to offer, and no matter what genre I think of I can think of at least one example that I like. I don't listen to a whole lot of death metal myself, but that's just a vocals thing, not a music thing.
3. Oh gosh there are way too many times to count. That's the joy of playing Hackmons Cup. In real metas tho, nothing gets me heated more than Focus Blast as a move. Count every miss toward this question.
4. I love Smash Ultimate, and I personally believe each one got better than the last (as far as non-competitive, fun gaming goes)
5. Every day of my life since I picked it, I think about the mistake I made
6. I don't think so, mostly because no salon in the state has a permit to wax endangered red-head body hair.
7. EVERYTHING but specifically her unwillingness to give up when someone isn't giving her something she wants. She would scratch at my bedroom door continuously until I let her in, no matter how long I would wait for her to give up.
8. I have the most energy and focus late at night! And I don't have to deal with other people practicing around me and annoying me ofc. I've never stayed up all night practicing, no, and I hopefully never will.

Hey tcot,
  • How did you get so affiliated with classical music.
  • Who's your favourite artist in the classical genre.
  • How old were you during your first performance.
  • What is your relationship with the word 'bitch'.
  • You have been a player and a manager both, which one do you prefer.
  • When are you coming up with something super wild in AAA, so that I can call you bad and end up losing to it.
  • Thoughts on CrabOmpl2k19
  • Favourite mons replay.
  • On someone's request : Please tell us about your current 2 crushes
Always stay active and fun mate (and stop using fucking rain :blobglare: )
1. It's interesting you ask that! When I first took piano lessons, I quit because I hated classical music. I thought it was boring and uninventive and all that. Then I actually started listening to it in middle school, and realized just how fucking HOT it can be!! The first piece to really rope me in was Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition orchestrated by Ravel (HIGHLY RECOMMEND), and then I just started listening to more and more, and eventually realized how much I loved it and wanted it to be a part of my life and career.
2. REALLY hard question, and so many options. So I'll narrow it down to some pianists that I really love, just to give people a start: Martha Argerich, Marc-André Hamelin, Pascal Rogé, Daniil Trifonov and Friedrich Gulda to name just a couple.
3. My first solo performance I was going to be a sophomore in high school and I really messed up cuz I was so uncomfortable. But I've come a long way!!
4. Bitch is truly one of my favorite words. I never mean it in its sexist original intention, but rather to express pretty much any of a range of emotions.
5. I strongly prefer managing. I don't think I'm the worst battler on the site, but I think my strong suits are more in prep, theory, and cheerleading.
6. Oh you mean every set I've ever come up with? ;)
7. Couldn't be more of a shoo-in for victory
8. Since I've talked so much about HC, I'll share my fave AAA replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-833130930
9. My current two crushes are probably Colin Mochrie and the hippo in the tutu from Fantasia. Thx Geerat I'll never bring rain again ;)

Hey tcot, your biggest fan ever writing!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon? Could you see it work in AAA, and with what set?
2. Favorite author/poet?
3. Do you ever plan on coming to Europe (and to Italy or Switzerland in particular)?
4. What is the most OP set you remember getting/fighting in a Hackmons Cup game?
5. What other instruments would you fancy playing?
6. Not a question, but you're an inspiration <3
7. What is the secret to being such a good sport in victory and defeat?
1. My favorite Pokémon are all round/cute/nubby and are therefore unviable in anything pretty much. You try and get Cleffa to work in AAA :(
2. Oooh that's really difficult. I don't have strong enough opinions on this to answer honestly, I don't think :( HUGE fan of Shel Silverstein and his poems though, even if they are for children
3. I would absolutely love to go back to Europe, and hope to play there some day!
4. Simple Extreme Evoboost Groudon with Stored Power https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-628594487
5. If I could go back and do it all again, I would play cello for sure. Anything I don't have to make reeds for, though, tbh
6. <3 :)
7. The trick is just to remember that I go on this site to relax and enjoy myself and have fun. It's not like I'm gonna make any money or usable prestige or anything. It's fun! It's a fun game. Right?

tell us some funny hackmons cup stories! has anyone ever rocked your shit harder in hc than that one time i had contrary overheat chandelure?

favourite song to play? favourite song to listen to?

when will you come to australia and fill up my holes?
1. I have indeed gotten my shit rocked countless times. Viv had some good ones, but I specifically recall a battle where it was 1v1 by the end, trying to whittle down this Softboiled Furfrou with a Tapu Koko with like Steam Eruption or some low PP move. Eventually it ran out of softboileds and I was BARELY gonna win as long as I hit my moves... and then revealed Synthesis and I almost cried I was so sad and struggled to death. Also I remember getting 6-0d by your lead Haxorus pretty horribly, and getting ROCKED by Andyboy in this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-822430733
2. I think the most powerful performance I ever took part in was playing Verdi's Requiem in my undergrad. Such an unbelievable and earth-shattering piece of music. I loved playing it so much then and then I got to play it again in my professional orchestra last year. I could play it 10000 times and never tire of it. Favorite to listen to, though, is impossible! There isn't enough time in my life to even come close to listening to all the music I wanna listen to :(
3. I'm not a great carpenter, but I guess you could use my caulk to fill those holes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)