Old Gens Other Metas Mega Thread

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Gen 5

GEN5
MANAGERS: PQS

How To Play: Gen 5 1v1 is played in the Ubers tier, bring 1 Pokemon and and fight with it.

Banlist: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Deoxys, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom, Swagger, OHKO Moves, KYS Moves, Evasion Moves, Soul Dew.
Watchlist:Focus Sash-Makes a great impact to all the sleep mons in the meta.
NOTICE!!!! This is not Pokemon BW2 1v1, it is just Pokemon BW. Which means no Therian Forms, or Kyurem Forms.
Viability Rankings-Alpha

S
Genesect
Heatran
Landorus-I
A+
Donphan
Infernape
Chansey
Garchomp
Mew

A
Latios
Golem
Tyranitar
Dragonite
Ferrothorn
Haxorus
+
Meloetta-Aria/Pirouette
Salamence
A-
Gyarados
Blissey
Venusaur
Latias
Alakazam
Volcarona
Excadrill
Metagross

B+
Magnezone
Terrakion
Umbreon
Keldeo
Gengar
Tornadus-I

B

Celebi
Hydreigon
Gliscor
Abomasnow
Breloom
Azumarill
B-
Aron
Smeargle

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Quick tier update

Swagger is now banned from Gen 2 1v1. In the words of TehPazzaaMan, Swagger+Protect+Substitute pokemon never get hit, and the foe will get confused.

tagging urkerab to get this change implemented on rom

MAMP

MAMP!
How do these relate to the Gens 3 and 5 in the OP?
The Gen 5 in the OP is the meta that existed as a ladder when Gen 5 was the current generation, and the Gen 3 was an OM throwback ladder (a short lived project similar to LCotM that gave Old Gen OMs a ladder for a month) in 2014.

Yung Dramps why is your Gen 5 1v1 only BW and not BW2? Seems strange to me

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The Gen 5 in the OP is the meta that existed as a ladder when Gen 5 was the current generation, and the Gen 3 was an OM throwback ladder (a short lived project similar to LCotM that gave Old Gen OMs a ladder for a month) in 2014.

Yung Dramps why is your Gen 5 1v1 only BW and not BW2? Seems strange to me
I did not make any of the rules for Gen 5 1v1. Go ask pqs, he was in charge of it.

Hey since the bh snake draft is finally starting, and since gen 5 bh is one of the metas being played, it'd be nice if Funbot28 could give a final verdict on the usability of pokestar mons

Reactions: Ren

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Found somewhat of an issue with Gen 3 1v1. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen31v1-726643645

Struggle's recoil damage is like that of a proper recoil attack, which resulted in this battle ending up endless and tied-

It's for this reason that I propose banning Leftovers, Black Sludge, Ingrain, Aqua Ring, and any other form of infinite healing from any old gen 1v1 format where Struggle works like this, so as to avoid endless battle ties.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Apologies for bumping this thread after a year of inactivity, but I would like to propose for the introduction of Gen 3 Almost Any Ability. This is Almost Any Ability but in a Gen 3 environment. Slaking is the only Pokemon banned and the restricted abilities and banned abilities are ones you'd expect the most. The typical trapping abilities, Speed Boost, Pure Power, Huge Power, and Wonder Guard.

With this I've also created a sample pack full of three teams to start off with if anyone wants to play.
This is the pack altogether: https://pokepast.es/ebf935afbee88512
I've included the teams individually in the Gen III AAA button below.

Banlist and Clauses
ADV AAA uses ADV OU clauses.

ADV AAA uses the ADV OU banlist with some exceptions:

Bans
Pokemon: Slaking
Restricted Abilities: Arena Trap, Huge Power, Magnet Pull, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Wonder Guard

Unbans
None

Resources and Discussion
None

Sample Teams

Basic Immunity Team

Rain Bliss Team

Rain Gem Team

Replays
Ransei vs LeoShakur
More replays needed.

Let me know if there are any suggestions you have as to a change in banlist, replays, or any of the sample teams linked in.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Apologies for making a double post. It's been nearly a month since anyone has posted on this thread and there's a pile of old gen BH metagames without any samples that must be filled! I have brought at least one Balanced Hackmons team from every generation. Some might be decent, others are Taurospam. Either way, check out these Balanced Hackmons teams. You are all free to take, edit, and of course provide constructive feedback for what needs to be changed about each team. Even throw down your own sets or teams for this metagame if you'd like!

In order from latest to oldest generation, here are some teams:

Click on a Pokemon shown right above its team's name to receive the team.

Gen 5 - These teams were made with the help of Gen 5 resources and some knowledge of later generations.

7 Nation Amy Hyper Offense

Pinky and The Brain Offense

PHeal Squad Offense

Gen 4

Dub Adapt Offense

Gen 3

Deolax Spam Offense

Gen 2

BDs SDs and Burns Offense

Gen 1

Taurospam Offense

These are teams from each of BH's old generations. As said, you are free to take them and do whatever you like with them and you are encouraged to give throwing your own sets or teams down a shot! Let's have fun and make this thread active!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Apologies for making a double post. It's been nearly a month since anyone has posted on this thread and there's a pile of old gen BH metagames without any samples that must be filled! I have brought at least one Balanced Hackmons team from every generation. Some might be decent, others are Taurospam. Either way, check out these Balanced Hackmons teams. You are all free to take, edit, and of course provide constructive feedback for what needs to be changed about each team. Even throw down your own sets or teams for this metagame if you'd like!

In order from latest to oldest generation, here are some teams:

Click on a Pokemon shown right above its team's name to receive the team.

Gen 5 - These teams were made with the help of Gen 5 resources and some knowledge of later generations.

7 Nation Amy Hyper Offense

Pinky and The Brain Offense

PHeal Squad Offense

Gen 4

Dub Adapt Offense

Gen 3

Deolax Spam Offense

Gen 2

BDs SDs and Burns Offense

Gen 1

Taurospam Offense

These are teams from each of BH's old generations. As said, you are free to take them and do whatever you like with them and you are encouraged to give throwing your own sets or teams down a shot! Let's have fun and make this thread active!
Thanks for posting Ransei! After discussing and looking over what has happened ever since this thread had been created, I would like to update some things and make more use of it. First off, due to the creation of UMs, some metagames such as 1v1 and AG have decided to venture off and create their own old gen threads. Because of this, I will remove any UMs in this thread and try to focus on Other Metagames specifically. Resources will also be updated so please share any and give input as well so we can create a useful tool for old gen OMs!

Saying this, here are my own Gen V BH sample teams I can provide for people to try out:

Prankster Groudon Balance

Hazard Stack Stall

Also a viability rankings is in the works so expect that soon as well!

Sorry for reviving the thread, but Gen 3 BH should not allow illegal abilities to be hacked because abilities are stored within the personality value. Therefore here's what should be banned (unbanned) to create a more balanced meta seperate from PH
  • Slaking, Huge/Pure Power, and Wonder Guard unbanned since they can't be abused nearly as well.
  • Arena Trap, Shadow Tag [Wobbufett, Wynaut], Soul Dew, and Belly Drum should remain banned because they are still broken.
  • Sleep Clause should be maintained without any real good or bulky Insomnia/Vital Spirt users.
  • Evasion clause should be added, even with +1 Evasion Minimize b/c its 1.uncompetitive and 2.easy to pull off. OHKO clause maintained b/c 1.
  • Speed Boost [Ninjask] should be banned. Passing speed is amazing and really centralizing, focusing lots of a game based on Ninjask speed ties. Ninjask can also pull off at least 1 speed boost easily on any non Ninjask because of Fake Out/Protect/Spore.
  • Speed abilities aren't banworthy due to sleep clause, weaker weather sweepers, and the existence of Rayquaza/Trace users.

MAMP

MAMP!
Sorry for reviving the thread, but Gen 3 BH should not allow illegal abilities to be hacked because abilities are stored within the personality value. Therefore here's what should be banned (unbanned) to create a more balanced meta seperate from PH
  • Slaking, Huge/Pure Power, and Wonder Guard unbanned since they can't be abused nearly as well.
  • Arena Trap, Shadow Tag [Wobbufett, Wynaut], Soul Dew, and Belly Drum should remain banned because they are still broken.
  • Sleep Clause should be maintained without any real good or bulky Insomnia/Vital Spirt users.
  • Evasion clause should be added, even with +1 Evasion Minimize b/c its 1.uncompetitive and 2.easy to pull off. OHKO clause maintained b/c 1.
  • Speed Boost [Ninjask] should be banned. Passing speed is amazing and really centralizing, focusing lots of a game based on Ninjask speed ties. Ninjask can also pull off at least 1 speed boost easily on any non Ninjask because of Fake Out/Protect/Spore.
  • Speed abilities aren't banworthy due to sleep clause, weaker weather sweepers, and the existence of Rayquaza/Trace users.
we were aware that you can’t hack in illegal abilities on cartridge when we made the rules for this tier, but we decided to ignore that fact bc it’s more fun this way. it definitely should have evasion clause, i believe we’ve always played with that so i’m not sure why it isn’t listed

we were aware that you can’t hack in illegal abilities on cartridge when we made the rules for this tier, but we decided to ignore that fact bc it’s more fun this way. it definitely should have evasion clause, i believe we’ve always played with that so i’m not sure why it isn’t listed
speed boost should still be banned imo because its speed boost
also when i played gen 3 bh in a tour once i remember spamming hustle, but that tour also allowed slaking so idk if its THAT good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)