Project Old Gen Hackmons Megathread

Artemis04

formerly Zyniti
It's that time again to nominate more hidden mons for VR.

Leavanny - D -> UR
There is no reason to use this over Chesnaught or Tangrowth. Leavanny fails to counter Primal Groudon if it's even running the most basic pivoting move in U-Turn, and is weak to hazards.

Kyurem-White - UR - D

Whilst its five weaknesses are not doing it any favors, Kyurem-White differentiates itself as a strong special attacker that can imposterproof itself and beat Giratina at the same time. Its access to STAB Freeze-Dry and having the strongest Dragon-type move for a Wonder Guard gives it good matchups against most other Wonder Guards, including the top Kyogre-Primal.

Florges - UR -> D

Why Florges of all Pokemon? Well, its amazing special bulk means that with a Regenerator Assault Vest set, it is able to come in against virtually every special Protean user. As most Protean users would rather run Secret Sword over Psystrike which hits nothing of relevance, it is even harder for most Protean users to break. Florge's pure Fairy typing also means that it can't be easily Pursuit trapped by Mega Gyarados.

Aegislash - C- to UR

I honestly don't know what this Pokemon does and I'm sure nobody else does. This Pokemon gets too easily OHKO'd by top meta threats and is impossible to use in the current meta. Just run Giratina.

Chesnaught - C- to C+

Chesnaught is only reaping more benefits from the current state of the metagame. Since most Chesnaught are going to be run alongside Giratina, it can run Metal Burst (which it can easily fit in its moveset) to catch Huge Power Mewtwo off guard, and it has the ability to semi-hard check Huge Power Mega Gyarados.

Ferrothorn - C- to UR

Again, another Pokemon that I'm not sure anyone knows what its doing on the VR. What is it meant to check?

Tangrowth - D to UR

Realistically there is no reason you're running this over Chesnaught. On paper, the extra bulk sounds nice. However, this extra bulk isn't doing any favors, especially when Chesnaught's bulk is more than enough to blanket check nearly the entire physical metagame, come in with Stealth Rock being a minor inconvenience at best and never be able to be beaten by Huge Power Mega Gyarados not running coverage that it can't afford to run anyway. The only niches Tangrowth has over Chesnaught are minor at best.

Shay's Fate

formerly La fusión más 7u7
1660145252842.png
Agree: This thing is outclassed by Chesnaught, is weak to Stealth Rock, weak to U-Turn, gets trapped by Mega Gyarados....
1660145481623.png
Agree: Weak to ROCK, FAIRY, FIGHTING AND STEEL totally something you don´t want on a Wonder Guard, it gets worn down by hazards really easy(Which is bad against No Guard), literally any Protean or Huge Power user will hit it (which is the 2nd purpose of every Wonder Guard) HOWEVER, it can break entire teams at +2 if you have the right coverage which is enough for it to be D/C- rank
1660146232081.png
Disagree: Every Protean user runs either a Poison or Steel move because of the popularity of Xerneas, and let´s see how it "walls" Sludge Wave/Flash Cannon from
1660146395968.png
1660146401442.png

252+ SpA Expert Belt Protean Mewtwo-Mega-Y Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Florges: 166-197 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 57.8% chance to 2HKO
This MMY using a 80BP move, Sludge Wave has 95BP and Mega Latios hits harder because of Soul Dew AND THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THE CAKE IS YOU DON´T EVEN WALL MEGA GYARADOS

252+ Atk Huge Power Gyarados-Mega switching boosted Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 224-264 (62.2 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 271-320 (75.2 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1660146922511.png
Drop it to D
: It´s a Ghost type Magic Bouncer that answers Mega Abomasnow, Xerneas, non Fire-move Dialga and can run enough speed to
outspeed Mega Gyarados, which can fit better than Giratina on structures like 2MMX, that said it has many flaws and should be dropped.

1660147187945.png
C ---> C-/C: Even if it´s decent it still has A LOT of stuff holding it back, like dying to almost every special move and not doing much against everything that ISN´T PDon or MGyara.

1660148149584.png
Disagree:
Magic Bounce and PrankSpore, that´s what it does with a really nice typing and bulk

1660147968310.png
Agree: Chesnaught is just better

Last edited:

Rose

formerly WrathoftheLeopard
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
After over two years of silence, I make my not-at-all anticipated return with this unhelpful post that I am not qualified for, no one asked for and no one wanted.

An Idiot's Guide to Mold Breakers

If you have ever played a single game of ORAS Hackmons, you will know that every team has at least one, and usually two Wonder Guard Pokemon in order to provide a reliable answer to No Guard OHKO move users and hinder Huge Power abusers throwing off powerful STAB moves. Because of this, many teams are forced to either run multiple powerful attackers with a wide variety of coverage such as two Mega Mewtwo Xs, or at least one Mold Breaker 'mon.

There are many Pokemon used to fulfil this role, but what makes some better than others? How do you know which is the best for your team? Well fear not, because in this post I will poorly attempt to answer these questions for no apparent reason.

First of all, I would like to note that Mold Breakers generally run one of two sets: the Shell Smash sweeper and the choiced attacker. The former aims to blast through all of your opponent's Pokemon after its checks have been worn down or trapped and removed, while the ladder simply aims to blast through the opponent's Pokemon with powerful Choice Specs or Choice Band boosted attacks before switching out.

Because I'm lazy, I will only be discussing Shell Smash sweepers in this post. I'll begin with the one, the only, the heavily disputed king of hackmons:

:ss/groudon-primal:
Primal Groudon
Due to its monstrous base 180 ATK stat and near unresisted STAB move in Thousand Arrows, Groudon is an easy pick when it comes to a Pokemon capable of decimating opponents after only one Shell Smash. Groudon likes to run an EV spread of 240 HP, 252 Atk, and 16 Spe with an Adamant nature in order to outspeed base 150 Pokemon such as Deoxys-Attack at +2 while still being able to capitalise on its impressive bulk and even more impressive attack. It can choose to hold a variety of items including a Lum Berry to cure the status from Glares, Spores or Dark Voids once; Leftovers to provide passive recovery for Groudon to keep it healthy and make a revenge kill more difficult; Safety Goggles to completely block Spores from the likes of Prankster Giratina; or a Mental Herb to shake off Encores or Taunts from Pokemon trying to prevent it setting up or attacking. Typical movesets consist of Shell Smash to boost up to +2 ATK and Speed in only one turn, and Thousand Arrows as a near unresisted STAB move due to its ability to hit non-grounded Pokemon, but the last two slots are rather flexible. Some options include Spore or Dark Void to allow free setup turns while the opponent is sleeping; Taunt to heavily annoy a Giratina attempting to mess with Groudon; hazards to wear down Pokemon so they are later guaranteed to fall to Groudon or its teammates; King's Shield to make Groudon very difficult to be revenge killed by Fake-speed Pokemon; Recover to again make KO'ing Groudon harder; V-create as a very powerful STAB boosted move that will obliterate almost any pokemon at +2; or even Sheer Cold to freely throw off against passive stall teams, instantly killing anything it makes contact with.

"What an unnecessarily long explanation when I could easily read the much better written Groudon analysis, but that sounds great, why wouldn't I always just run Groudon then?" you may be thinking. Well, no Pokemon is without flaws. For example, Groudon's crippling 4x weakness to water moves allows Huge Power Mega Gyarados to effortlessly revenge kill Groudon with Water Shuriken, forcing a dangerous 50-50 with Pursuit in the process. Prankster Giratina is also a safe switch in to most Primal Groudon, easily taking Thousand Arrows due to its high bulk, preventing Shell Smash Spam via Encore or Haze, threatening to cripple it with Glare or Spore, and pressuring it with a Ghost-type Curse.

This is where the first of the considerations foe a team's Mold Breaker are derived from: the Mold Breaker's teammates. For example, Shadow Tag Pokemon can trap and remove the most dangerous threat to Groudon, Gyarados, and Gyarados itself is a great teammate for Groudon as it can force dangerous 50-50s vs Giratina lacking Baton Pass via its Huge Power Pursuit and Knock Off.

The next thing to consider when picking a Mold Breaker or building around one is Imposter-proofing. For those unaware, this means that if an opposing Chansey transforms into your powerful sweeper, do you have a counter? This can be done many ways such as utilizing Plates + Judgement to allow yourself or teammates to resist or be immune to all of your moves, or simply having a solid and consistent switch in.

For teams lacking a lot of coverage and only running one Mold Breaker Pokemon, you may also want to consider picking something bulkier or with Wish support so it sticks around and you don't end up getting stuck behind that one Wonder Guard no other 'mons can hit. (Bulkier sweepers also make it harder for Pokemon with priority moves to finish them off).

(Insert smooth transition to talking about pros and cons of the most common Mold Breakers here).

Primal Groudon
Pros:
+ Near unresisted coverage with only Thousand Arrows
+ Bulky, making it harder to revenge kill (especially with King's Shield)
+ Immune to Will-o-Wisp
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken
- Can be hard to Imposter-proof
- Slower than some Choice Scarfers at +2

:ss/gengar-mega:
Mega Gengar
Pros:
+ Self Imposter-Proofs via Spooky Plate + Judgement
+ Absorbs Toxic Spikes
Cons:
- Frail, easy to revenge kill
- Can be pursuit trapped

:ss/diancie-mega:

Mega Diancie
Pros:
+ Easy to Imposter-proof via Pixie/Earth Plate + Judgement
+ Resists Sucker Punch, and Normal and Flying-type Fake-speed, making it harder to revenge kill
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken
- Relatively frail

:ss/Latios-Mega:
Mega Latios
Pros:
+ Resists Water Shuriken, making it harder to revenge kill
+ Very high SpA and SpD with Soul Dew
Cons:
- Weak to Sucker Punch, and Fairy and Ice-type Fake-speed
- Cannot hold a Plate, making Imposter-proofing harder

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas
Pros:
+ Easy to Imposter-proof via Pixie Plate + Judgement
Cons:

:ss/tyranitar-mega:
Mega Tyranitar
Pros:
+ Bulky, making it harder to revenge kill (especially with Diamond Storm's defence boost)
+ Resists Sucker Punch, and Normal and Flying-type Fake-speed
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken and Fairy-type Fake-speed

:ss/dialga:
Dialga
Pros:
+ Bulky, making it harder to revenge kill
+ Resists Water Shuriken, and Normal and Flying-type Fake-speed
+ Easy to Imposter-proof/self Imposter-proof using various Plates
+ Immune to Poison
Cons:

:ss/sceptile-mega:
Mega Sceptile
Pros:
+ Self Imposter-proofs via Draco Plate + Judgement
+ Immune to Spore
Cons:
- Weak to Fairy and Ice-type Fake-speed
- Relatively frail

:ss/kyogre-primal:
Primal Kyogre
Pros:
+ Resists Water Shuriken and Ice-type Fake-speed

Well, that's the end of this poorly written and unnecessary post. If you have anything to add, or disagree with me, you're probably right so feel free to yell at me.

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Because of this, many teams are forced to either run multiple powerful attackers with a wide variety of coverage such as two Mega Mewtwo Xs, or at least one Mold Breaker 'mon.
Been meaning to post in this thread for a while but haven't known what to post, so I'll just give my thoughts on this statement.

Is Mold Breaker very good? Yes. Is it a great option on most teams? Yes. Is it necessary on non-spam teams? Not even close.

For those who don't know me, I'm an OM and OMM player who have gotten really into ORAS PH in the last few months, and have posted not one, but two RMTs that got to the top 10 (one to top 3) without Mold Breaker. Now I will admit that one of those was Shadow Tag Spam, so you can make a valid argument that it inherently wouldn't use Mold Breaker, and I will concede that that is a valid point. However, my second team, which I had more success with, was not anything you could define as spam—or even dual "X Pokemon"— did not feature a Mold Breaker user. Now incase anyone if unfamiliar with the team in question, you can find the importable here.

Now, I'll quickly run down the main premise of the team, Shadow Tag MMX and Huge Power Mega Gyarados wear down the opposing Wonder Guards to set up Wonder Guard Gardevoir for a sweep. Seems pretty simple right? It is in theory, but there are always exceptions. Some Wonder Guard Pokemon like the rare Mega Swampert have great matchups vs the team and require careful preparation to KO them late game. Would a Mold Breaker be more helpful in there matchups? Yes. Would I ever consider running a Mold Breaker instead of Shadow Tag MMX? Never. Mold Breaker users fit best on teams with multiple Mold Breakers, and teams where only 1 Mold Breaker can be fit, I would much rather run a Shadow Tag user.

My broad point is that while Mold Breaker users have better matchups vs more uncommon sets and offer slightly more protection against random unsets, a well player Shadow Tag user improves a team matchups versus the Pokemon it preps exponentially better than a Mold Breaker would. Just in case people don't fully understand what I'm saying: I do not think Mold Breaker is bad, nor am I saying that Shadow Tag is better than Mold Breaker. My point is that they serve different purposes on a team and that I think people should move on from the mentality that a Mold Breaker is required on every non-spam team. I also think that 2 Wonder Guards is nowhere near necessary, but that's a whole other can of worms that I won't open just yet.

After over two years of silence, I make my not-at-all anticipated return with this unhelpful post that I am not qualified for, no one asked for and no one wanted.

An Idiot's Guide to Mold Breakers

If you have ever played a single game of ORAS hackmons, you will know that every team has at least one, and usually two Wonder Guard Pokemon in order to provide a reliable answer to No Guard OHKO move users and hinder Huge Power abusers throwing off powerful STAB moves. Because of this, many teams are forced to either run multiple powerful attackers with a wide variety of coverage such as two Mega Mewtwo Xs, or at least one Mold Breaker 'mon.

There are many Pokemon used to fulfil this role, but what makes some better than others? How do you know which is the best for your team? Well fear not, because in this post I will poorly attempt to answer these questions for no apparent reason.

First of all, I would like to note that Mold Breakers generally run one of two sets: the Shell Smash sweeper and the choiced attacker. The former aims to blast through all of your opponent's Pokemon after its checks have been worn down or trapped and removed, while the ladder simply aims to blast through the opponent's Pokemon with powerful Choice Specs or Choice Band boosted attacks before switching out.

Because I'm lazy, I will only be discussing Shell Smash sweepers and their pros and cons in this post. I'll begin with the one, the only, the heavily disputed king of hackmons:

Primal Groudon
Due to its monstrous base 180 ATK stat and near unresisted STAB move in Thousand Arrows, Groudon is an easy pick when it comes to a Pokemon capable of decimating opponents after only one Shell Smash. Groudon likes to run an EV spread of 240 HP, 252 Atk, and 16 Spe with an Adamant nature in order to outspeed Deoxys-Speed at +2 while still being able to capitalise on its impressive bulk and even more impressive attack. It can choose to hold a variety of items including a Lum Berry to cure the status from Glares, Spores or Dark Voids once; Leftovers to provide passive recovery for Groudon to keep it healthy and make a revenge kill more difficult; Safety Goggles to completely block Spores from the likes of Prankster Giratina; or a Mental Herb to shake off Encores or Taunts from Pokemon trying to prevent it setting up or attacking. Typical movesets consist of Shell Smash to boost up to +2 ATK and Speed in only one turn, and Thousand Arrows as a near unresisted STAB move due to its ability to hit non-grounded Pokemon, but the last two slots are rather flexible. Some options include Spore or Dark Void to allow free setup turns while the opponent is sleeping; Taunt to heavily annoy a Giratina attempting to mess with Groudon; hazards to wear down Pokemon so they are later guaranteed to fall to Groudon or its teammates; King's Shield to make Groudon very difficult to be revenge killed by Fake-speed Pokemon; Recover to again make KO'ing Groudon harder; V-create as a very powerful STAB boosted move that will obliterate almost any pokemon at +2; or even Sheer Cold to freely throw off against passive stall teams, instantly killing anything it makes contact with.

"What an unnecessarily long explanation when I could easily read the much better written Groudon analysis, but that sounds great, why wouldn't I always just run Groudon then?" you probably are not asking yourself. Well, no Pokemon is without flaws. Groudon's crippling 4x weakness to water moves allows Huge Power Mega Gyarados to effortlessly revenge kill Groudon with Water Shuriken, forcing a dangerous 50-50 with pursuit in the process. Prankster Giratina is also a safe switch in to most Primal Groudon, easily taking Thousand Arrows due to its high bulk, preventing Shell Smash Spam via Encore or Haze, threatening to cripple it with Glare or Spore, and pressuring it with a Ghost-type Curse.

This is where the first of the considerations foe a team's Mold Breaker are derived from: the Mold Breaker's teammates. For example, Shadow Tag Pokemon can trap and remove the most dangerous threat to Groudon, Gyarados, and Gyarados itself is a great teammate for Groudon as it can force dangerous 50-50s vs Giratina lacking Baton Pass via its Huge Power Pursuit and Knock Off.

The next thing to consider when picking a Mold Breaker or building around one is Imposter-proofing. For those unaware, this means that if an opposing Chansey transforms into your powerful sweeper, do you have a counter? This can be done many ways such as utilizing Plates + Judgement to allow yourself or teammates to resist or be immune to all of your moves, or simply having a solid and consistent switch in.

For teams lacking a lot of coverage and only running one Mold Breaker Pokemon, you may also want to consider picking something bulkier or with Wish support so it sticks around and you don't end up getting stuck behind that one Wonder Guard no other 'mons can hit. (Bulkier sweepers also make it harder for Pokemon with priority moves to finish them off).

I don't know what to put to smoothly transition into this part, now I'm just going to list the pros and cons of the most common Mold Breakers (from my limited experience).

Primal Groudon
Pros:
+ Near unresisted coverage with only Thousand Arrows
+ Immune to Will-o-Wisp
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken

:ss/gengar-mega:
Mega Gengar
Pros:
+ Self Imposter-Proofs via Spooky Plate + Judgement
+ Absorbs Toxic Spikes
Cons:
- Frail, easy to revenge kill
- Can be pursuit trapped

:ss/diancie-mega:

Mega Diancie
Pros:
+ Easy to Imposter-proof via Pixie/Earth Plate + Judgement
+ Resists Normal-type Fake-speed and Sucker Punch, making it harder to revenge kill
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken
- Relatively frail

:ss/Latios-Mega:
Mega Latios
Pros:
+ Very high SpA and SpD with Soul Dew
Cons:
- Weak to Sucker Punch, and Fairy and Ice-type Fake-speed
- Has to run Soul Dew, making Imposter-proofing harder

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas
Pros:
+ Easy to Imposter-proof via Pixie Plate + Judgement
Cons:

:ss/tyranitar-mega:
Mega Tyranitar
Pros:
+ Bulky, making it harder to revenge kill (especially with Diamond Storm's defence boost)
+ Resists Normal-type Fake-speed and Sucker Punch
Cons:
- Weak to Water Shuriken and Fairy-type Fake-speed

:ss/dialga:
Dialga
Pros:
+ Bulky, making it harder to revenge kill
+ Resists Water Shuriken and Normal-type Fake-speed
+ Immune to Poison
Cons:

:ss/sceptile-mega:
Mega Sceptile
Pros:
+ Self Imposter-proofs via Draco Plate + Judgement
+ Immune to Spore
Cons:
- Weak to Fairy and Ice-type Fake-speed
- Relatively frail

Mold Breaker Kyogre isn't real.

Well, that's the end of this poorly written and unnecessary post. If you have anything to add, or disagree with me, you're probably right so feel free to yell at me.
" Groudon likes to run an EV spread of 240 HP, 252 Atk, and 16 Spe with an Adamant nature in order to outspeed Deoxys-Speed at +2" This is not true. Regardless, great post!

Been meaning to post in this thread for a while but haven't known what to post, so I'll just give my thoughts on this statement.

Is Mold Breaker very good? Yes. Is it a great option on most teams? Yes. Is it necessary on non-spam teams? Not even close.

For those who don't know me, I'm an OM and OMM player who have gotten really into ORAS PH in the last few months, and have posted not one, but two RMTs that got to the top 10 (one to top 3) without Mold Breaker. Now I will admit that one of those was Shadow Tag Spam, so you can make a valid argument that it inherently wouldn't use Mold Breaker, and I will concede that that is a valid point. However, my second team, which I had more success with, was not anything you could define as spam—or even dual "X Pokemon"— did not feature a Mold Breaker user. Now incase anyone if unfamiliar with the team in question, you can find the importable here.

Now, I'll quickly run down the main premise of the team, Shadow Tag MMX and Huge Power Mega Gyarados wear down the opposing Wonder Guards to set up Wonder Guard Gardevoir for a sweep. Seems pretty simple right? It is in theory, but there are always exceptions. Some Wonder Guard Pokemon like the rare Mega Swampert have great matchups vs the team and require careful preparation to KO them late game. Would a Mold Breaker be more helpful in there matchups? Yes. Would I ever consider running a Mold Breaker instead of Shadow Tag MMX? Never. Mold Breaker users fit best on teams with multiple Mold Breakers, and teams where only 1 Mold Breaker can be fit, I would much rather run a Shadow Tag user.

My broad point is that while Mold Breaker users have better matchups vs more uncommon sets and offer slightly more protection against random unsets, a well player Shadow Tag user improves a team matchups versus the Pokemon it preps exponentially better than a Mold Breaker would. Just in case people don't fully understand what I'm saying: I do not think Mold Breaker is bad, nor am I saying that Shadow Tag is better than Mold Breaker. My point is that they serve different purposes on a team and that I think people should move on from the mentality that a Mold Breaker is required on every non-spam team. I also think that 2 Wonder Guards is nowhere near necessary, but that's a whole other can of worms that I won't open just yet.
This is a very interesting perspective, I like to hear it! I have tried many teams without Mold Breaker mons, and general find them to be not as good as ones that have one (or even two) of them, though I certainly agree that it isn't strictly required and there are great teams that do not utilize that ability. I do agree that maybe we are stuck in a "Mold Breaker required" mindset, and that potentially inhibits the exploration of the meta. I do, however, think we should be strongly recommending it.

I would like to talk about this:

"a well player Shadow Tag user improves a team matchups versus the Pokemon it preps exponentially better than a Mold Breaker would."

This can be true, but it varies wildly on a case-by-case basis. Shed Shell is a great option for many Pokemon, particularly Wonder Guards. It can be used on certain Mold Breaker Pokemon, such as select Rayquaza sets, but it isn't very common. Shadow Tag struggles very much against Shed Shell users, which is why its usage appears to fluctuate periodically over time. When Shed Shell gets popular, STAG gets less so, and when STAG gets popular Shed Shell becomes more popular. Mold Breaker is prized for its consistency, even if a Wonder Guard has Shed Shell or Safety Goggles, Mold Breaker can still perform its role very well almost all of the time.

Another thing I think people don't realize often is that Mold Breaker mons can be fantastic match-up tools, and aren't just general purpose mons to hit Wonder Guard. The most obvious example I can give is Specs Ray vs Band Ray. They hit completely different things, and remove completely different threats. I certainly wouldn't make sweeping generalizations that STAG always improves team match-ups more against the threats it targets than Mold Breaker.

(Not trying to prove you wrong btw, just trying to add to discussion :3)

Ducky

Aw Phooey
This is a very interesting perspective, I like to hear it! I have tried many teams without Mold Breaker mons, and general find them to be not as good as ones that have one (or even two) of them, though I certainly agree that it isn't strictly required and there are great teams that do not utilize that ability. I do agree that maybe we are stuck in a "Mold Breaker required" mindset, and that potentially inhibits the exploration of the meta. I do, however, think we should be strongly recommending it.

I would like to talk about this:

"a well player Shadow Tag user improves a team matchups versus the Pokemon it preps exponentially better than a Mold Breaker would."

This can be true, but it varies wildly on a case-by-case basis. Shed Shell is a great option for many Pokemon, particularly Wonder Guards. It can be used on certain Mold Breaker Pokemon, such as select Rayquaza sets, but it isn't very common. Shadow Tag struggles very much against Shed Shell users, which is why its usage appears to fluctuate periodically over time. When Shed Shell gets popular, STAG gets less so, and when STAG gets popular Shed Shell becomes more popular. Mold Breaker is prized for its consistency, even if a Wonder Guard has Shed Shell or Safety Goggles, Mold Breaker can still perform its role very well almost all of the time.

Another thing I think people don't realize often is that Mold Breaker mons can be fantastic match-up tools, and aren't just general purpose mons to hit Wonder Guard. The most obvious example I can give is Specs Ray vs Band Ray. They hit completely different things, and remove completely different threats. I certainly wouldn't make sweeping generalizations that STAG always improves team match-ups more against the threats it targets than Mold Breaker.

(Not trying to prove you wrong btw, just trying to add to discussion :3)
Great post, I see your point of Shed Shell and Mold Breakers being good multipurpose Pokemon, but Shadow Tag users also offer utility outside of trapping Wonder Guards. MMX can trap Mega Gyarados and PDon if it is carrying PBlades, Mega Ray can remove PDon with Steam Eruption and MMX with its STAB Flying-type to name a few examples. Just like you, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, just bringing up that STag offer utility that Mold Breaker doesn't.

And about your comment about Shed Shell, I would say I have more experience than most using STag, and can say that in my experience, most teams don't run more than 1 Shed Shell WG per team. This means that if you are able to trap 1, it's much easier for the rest of your team to break the remaining WG. This is why I enjoy using STag over Mold Breaker when paired with either a No Guard or a WG Sweeper with Gastro Acid.

Great post, I see your point of Shed Shell and Mold Breakers being good multipurpose Pokemon, but Shadow Tag users also offer utility outside of trapping Wonder Guards. MMX can trap Mega Gyarados and PDon if it is carrying PBlades, Mega Ray can remove PDon with Steam Eruption and MMX with its STAB Flying-type to name a few examples. Just like you, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, just bringing up that STag offer utility that Mold Breaker doesn't.

And about your comment about Shed Shell, I would say I have more experience than most using STag, and can say that in my experience, most teams don't run more than 1 Shed Shell WG per team. This means that if you are able to trap 1, it's much easier for the rest of your team to break the remaining WG. This is why I enjoy using STag over Mold Breaker when paired with either a No Guard or a WG Sweeper with Gastro Acid.
True, I did forget to mention that STAG is excellent at removing opposing offensive threats. In my opinion, this is what it is best and most consistent at, I can't believe I forgot it! You mention trapping one WG and using No Guard to deal with the rest of the team, and I think that is a wonderful strategy. All in all, you are right in that STAG and Mold Breaker both offer unique utility that have different places on different teams. Great post!

I have added a new Sample team https://pokepast.es/fef19bdf169c2509 (HUGE POWER SPAM) and a new category of Hyper Offensive teams. While every other sample team has 2 Wonder Guards and Wonder Guards should probably be run on a good 90%+ of teams it is very much possible and it is not required to have wonder guards or have 2 for very specific team types. This team is meant to be a nice fast and simple way for people to see how strong shadow tag, huge power, and priority moves really are and how to play really aggressively. It also helps show this meta IS NOT just wonder guard spam and that wonder guard spam generally suffers a lot. Figured it would draw newer players in a bit more and show instead of a buncha of balance and bulky offense teams to try a much faster hyper offense approach to the way you can play. Shoutouts to Mbouchon for also helping build the team. on the flip side we also removed Natural as it sadly hasn't been fairing that great in the current meta. Lastly, WE ARE OPENING SAMPLE SUBMISSIONS. We haven't updated samples in a while and I welcome people that have gotten high elo scores or have unique and good team types to feel free to submit teams for samples. Quite a few other samples currently are either poor, outdated, or just haven't been doing well in most current meta and match-ups. So we are very welcome to new samples and new ideas and I hope the addition of Huge power spam can help inspire even more creativity in the meta.

I have added a new Sample team https://pokepast.es/fef19bdf169c2509 (HUGE POWER SPAM) and a new category of Hyper Offensive teams. While every other sample team has 2 Wonder Guards and Wonder Guards should probably be run on a good 90%+ of teams it is very much possible and it is not required to have wonder guards or have 2 for very specific team types. This team is meant to be a nice fast and simple way for people to see how strong shadow tag, huge power, and priority moves really are and how to play really aggressively. It also helps show this meta IS NOT just wonder guard spam and that wonder guard spam generally suffers a lot. Figured it would draw newer players in a bit more and show instead of a buncha of balance and bulky offense teams to try a much faster hyper offense approach to the way you can play. Shoutouts to Mbouchon for also helping build the team. on the flip side we also removed Natural as it sadly hasn't been fairing that great in the current meta. Lastly, WE ARE OPENING SAMPLE SUBMISSIONS. We haven't updated samples in a while and I welcome people that have gotten high elo scores or have unique and good team types to feel free to submit teams for samples. Quite a few other samples currently are either poor, outdated, or just haven't been doing well in most current meta and match-ups. So we are very welcome to new samples and new ideas and I hope the addition of Huge power spam can help inspire even more creativity in the meta.
I have a few submission ideas:

Taunt Beedrill Offense:
https://pokepast.es/d44e876e5dcea5d7
A decent introduction into the tier and performs very well. Great for beginners who want to learn how to teambuild

Xern + Ttar Dual Mold Offense:
https://pokepast.es/c2e37ca8b4b4131e
A very unique twist on the dual moldy offense archetype, using tyranitar and xerneas. They synergize well, and force switches left and right. Not the best team ever made, but showcases how unique and creative teams can still be successful in ph

Shadow Tag MMX + No Guard Aerodactyl Balance
https://pokepast.es/bc6c8c307b23a5f0
This one's just fun

All of these are offensively oriented, but with the introduction of the Hyper Offense category, I will certainly be getting to work on making some team to fit in there

edit: if i should go more in-depth about what each of the teams have to offer, let me know. I can do so

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
Wooo sample submissions!! Even if these don't get accepted I'm very excited to share my 3 best teams with everyone because I think they highlight my more unique building style, as you will noticed that none of these teams include a Mold Breaker users, and I hope that these teams help show people that Mold Breaker is not required for a team to be good.

:mewtwo-mega-y::mewtwo-mega-x::mewtwo-mega-x::deoxys-speed::diancie-mega::blissey: - Shadow Tag Spam HO
My take on HO in ORAS PH, this team relies on making aggressive predictions and switches to trap and KO the opposing Wonder Guards to clear the path for No Guard Deo-S and Mega Diancie. Here is a more in-depth explanation of the team.

:mewtwo-mega-x::gardevoir-mega::gyarados-mega::giratina::xerneas::scizor-mega: - Mega Gardevoir Offense
A more classic team, the main plan is to trap Wonder Guards with MMX to clear the path for Mega Gardevoir. Here is a more in-depth description of the team.

:latios-mega::kyogre-primal::mewtwo-mega-x::beedrill-mega::gyarados-mega::giratina: - Protean Latios + Beedrill Offense
The most recent and the only team of the 3 that I haven't made an RMT for, this team focuses on using both Shadow Tag MMX and its abundance of passive damage to remove threats to Protean Latios to allow it to clean up late game. I've been sitting in the high 1600s with the team for a while, due to my lack of time to seriously ladder, so to help show the team's merit here is a replay of me beating Bahamut on the ladder last night. I'm also happy to talk about about this team on discord if that would help. If I somehow get a nice peak on ladder soon I'll edit it in here but I doubt that will happen.

Also look out for a VR post coming from me soon.

Last edited:
:Dialga: :Kyogre-Primal: :Giratina: :Diancie-Mega: :Gengar-Mega: :Deoxys-Speed: - Dual Mold Breaker Offense

A more offensive team, based around being able to pivot in Deoxys-Speed and subpass to either Mega Gengar or Dialga, the two Mold Breakers. Diancie helps revenge kill certain threats like MMX, whilst providing momentum with Parting Shot and being able to kill Primal Groudon with Surf. The other two mons, Primal Kyogre and Giratina, are their standard defensive Wonder Guard and defensive Prankster respectively. Instead of a status move, I have Destiny Bond on my Giratina since it allows me to potentially remove threats to the team that I have limited answers to. I peaked at around the 1640's with this team, and it has been my go-to team to play on the ladder for a while now.

Last edited:
I'm submitting another sample

Magic Bounce Gyara + Sub Life Orb Ray
:gyarados: :xerneas: :rayquaza-mega: :blissey: :regigigas: :giratina:

This team is way better and way more fun to play with than I anticipated. Xerneas and Gyara with magic bounce synergize surprisingly well, and I've only had a few games to get used to it. Here are some replays of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1662860878-xnndcno0dtbkpsq88032cty4ionfgbepw
(yes they used one of the samples i submitted here against me)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663297512-ch9yw6ok7k9n0p7luhegfg0p5qm23abpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663304665
fun fact, they used a variation of the predecessor to one of the sample teams i submitted here

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663309432

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663402691
this one's just funny

This team is super fun to use, and is good too. Gyarados can get in easily against the likes of Giratina and many support Wonder Guards, and set up easily. Mega Rayquaza is a fantastic sweeper, if you can get a Substitute up without fear of Giratina's Encore or Destiny Bond, the game is basically over. Regigigas's fakespeed and Giratina's destiny bond cover nearly every threat, and Xerneas helps get in the two mold breaker pokemon more easily.

very fun, 10/10 would recommend

Glimmer

We own the night
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
sample submission i guess lol

:kyogre-primal::kyogre-primal::kyogre-primal::abomasnow-mega::xerneas::mewtwo-mega-x: POgre Spam Ft. Moldy Band MMX

Was actually planning on doing a RMT of this one, but didn't have enough time to peak+get good replays.
A more conventional spam balance built around weakening Giratina to get Shell Smash Kyogre to clean up. I won't go too in depth as I still want to do a RMT if I get the time to do so, but a brief explanation for the team.

Kyogre 1- WonderGuard Shell Smash
This is just a generic wgsmash, I chose electric as grass didn't seem as appealing nor did it hit as much.

Kyogre 2- Support WonderGuard
Generic support. Made physically defensive as to check Groudon.

Kyogre 3- Scarf Shadow Tag
Made to Trap MSciz Xerneas and Blissey and get damage on Giratina.

MAbomasnow
Generic Revenge Killer. Enough Special Attack to OHKO Giratina.

Xerneas
Generic support. Double Hazards for this calc
252+ Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 294-348 (58.4 - 69.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes
specially defensive to give the team actual bulk on the special side.

Mewtwo-X - Moldy Choice Band
Main progress maker with Trick and Knock Off. Adamant for the said calc above to get a way better roll. Knock Off and Trick also make physically defensive WonderGuards to be trappable.

I have had fun with this team for a while, I will provide replays against good players if I get the time to.

Last edited:

Shay's Fate

Sample submission blah blah

Vacuum Wave Mega Latios and the dragon gang
:giratina: :latios_mega: :dialga: :blissey: :kyogre_primal: :gyarados_mega:

The team is pretty straightfoward, Vacuum Wave Latios is a neat tech to beat Mega Gyarados and some boosted/faster threats if chipped while doing over 50% to Arceus and improofing with Blissey, tho it can be changed to Searing Shot.

The main weaknesses of the team are not being able to beat Blissey efficiently and speed.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663256114-mdozx599onn3mx4kq9n7zrp1u5zo0c1pw
Giratina beats Gyarados

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1664070277-14ue6bi7p0dod1g1m3rtwftf6c1ddp9pw
Dialga being a great Mold Breaker user

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1665072159-4czdmlsr5nh4bcqb266us8j7p2uvamgpw
This battle is really long and i got a bit unlucky but it´s a really good battle

The team can be changed to fix the issues it has (Gastro + Lum > Sucker Punch + Glasses to beat Bliss) but overall it worked well for me.

I will gladly answer any question

Sample Submission r something

:beedrill-mega: / :kyogre-primal: / :Mewtwo-Mega-X: / :Gyarados-Mega: / :Giratina: / :Mewtwo-Mega-X: - Moldy-less Beedrill Balance(ish)
Pretty straightforward team, never been a fan of No Mold Breaker teams but I wanted to give it a shot (ty Duck for making me try out :beedrill-mega: :D)
Last move on Scarf :mewtwo-mega-x: can be changed to whichever coverge move you'd like, I've tested out different options a lot but the most consistent has always been Trick.

:Gyarados-Mega: :Arceus: :Groudon-Primal: :Xerneas: :Sableye-Mega: :Rayquaza-Mega: - Dual ShellSmash Offense
Another incredibly easy to pilot team, built around Gyarados being able to trap Giratina to open up both Arceus and Primal Groudon. Nothing else to say rlly, just a very standard team.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/8c6d1df8894253f8

A team I came up with, with one of my good friends. The premise is simple. Wonderguard can suck my nuts. Its hyper offensive, and has a very low skill ceiling, so its great for beginners trying to make their way into the metagame.

5 of the 6 pokemon are Mold Breaker sweepers. Banded ray blasts everything out the water, while the sneakier shell smash ray is great for checking sub sweepers, with chatter. Mewtwo works as a revenge killer, and gengar just doe gengar tings. Its great that ghosts are immune to trapping.

Groudon is the tank of the team, and with coverage moves like bullet seed, it can get good damage off on wonder guard kyogre before it can parting shot away. Sacred fire is there to halt physical sweepers, and attack order for those cosmic power spammers.

Prankster Gira is prankster gira, no real explanation there. Though, may want to swap spore for dark void, for reliabilty. Use when you see a no guard mon.

This is my first post, hope this helps some of the newer players advance in the tier

https://pokepast.es/e1065bf4f909522e
Its a double gyara team, you can confuse your oppo easily with double gyara, the scarf one kill xern, Audi, regi, arc, and a bunch of pretty good mons like mmx or mmy, you can finish games with gengar and cancel setup with gira or gyara.
https://pokepast.es/8e97c30df1db2b0a its a team builded around mmx stag band, with mgyara and gengar as setup. i think this team is pretty good because all mons complete others, i used a subpass scizor 's set to setup gengar or just to secure mmx or mgyara. gira is here to counter all setups and kill mgyara with dbond. i used mgyara because he is so good in the méta. i used audi because she is very bulky and thats good to have some défensive mons in this team.

some replays to show the power of my teams:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1664951837
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1656746486
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1663324371
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1664177119
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1655778927
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1655788493

https://pokepast.es/5cc3e71abe0ac31a
soo i post a New team based on subpass slaking, the goal of this team is to subpass with smash boost and go on pdon, here you do a sweep, with trick pdon you disable gira, then you do a sweep, you can also sweep with mray but you can run a specs set of mray with vswitch owing srend and aeroblast if you prefer. I ran a special gyara set with dplate to one shot mmx with sucker punch and low kick to hit regigigas, dialga, audi, other gyara and slaking without low your defense like close combat, i also ran wshuriken bc you need to hit pdon and some other mons, finally i ran xern with rocks and defog to do a support Mons, too i used moonblast to hit gyara, gira and mmx but bpass too to continue the chain, if you want you can intervert xerneas and slaking sets if you want. finally i used gira bc you need to have a mon to disable all setups or dbon when you need.
Here are some replays to show my team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668959035-va5gee8dbqgk26l2pofo6i0m5zs7s7xpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668964790-nc0x1avg8vzi0gr94c7m8t6v6rphmytpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668984330-qxupxcp413ynuqebyc32313zc2f7o4bpw
Goodbyyye

Last edited:
Wooo sample submissions!! Even if these don't get accepted I'm very excited to share my 3 best teams with everyone because I think they highlight my more unique building style, as you will noticed that none of these teams include a Mold Breaker users, and I hope that these teams help show people that Mold Breaker is not required for a team to be good.

:mewtwo-mega-y::mewtwo-mega-x::mewtwo-mega-x::deoxys-speed::diancie-mega::blissey: - Shadow Tag Spam HO
My take on HO in ORAS PH, this team relies on making aggressive predictions and switches to trap and KO the opposing Wonder Guards to clear the path for No Guard Deo-S and Mega Diancie. Here is a more in-depth explanation of the team.

:mewtwo-mega-x::gardevoir-mega::gyarados-mega::giratina::xerneas::scizor-mega: - Mega Gardevoir Offense
A more classic team, the main plan is to trap Wonder Guards with MMX to clear the path for Mega Gardevoir. Here is a more in-depth description of the team.

:latios-mega::kyogre-primal::mewtwo-mega-x::beedrill-mega::gyarados-mega::giratina: - Protean Latios + Beedrill Offense
The most recent and the only team of the 3 that I haven't made an RMT for, this team focuses on using both Shadow Tag MMX and its abundance of passive damage to remove threats to Protean Latios to allow it to clean up late game. I've been sitting in the high 1600s with the team for a while, due to my lack of time to seriously ladder, so to help show the team's merit here is a replay of me beating Bahamut on the ladder last night. I'm also happy to talk about about this team on discord if that would help. If I somehow get a nice peak on ladder soon I'll edit it in here but I doubt that will happen.

Also look out for a VR post coming from me soon.
I wanted to talk about one team from here. The stag spam as its another Wonderguardless offense and it has great concepts however it suffers from more problems then Huge Power Spam due to a few different things. The first and most noticeable is choice locking. Choice locking is something that works many stag mmx do it mand cb molds like don or ray or specs mmy all work. However when u spam choice items the locking makes maneuvering that much harder. Almost every turn is a turn that if you don't OHKO your locked into something that can usually be taken advantage of. The second problem is Shed shells. Simple enough every matchup can go one way or the other however your running literally 3 stags so even 1 shed shell can really hamper momentum. This I am a bit more lax on as well Purehackmons is a heavy matchup game. Interesting concepts interesting team IDK if something so specific tho is really a sample concept vs Huge power spam that gets way more match ups on average. I really love the idea concept tho and have been working to find other versions/mons to play with this. I actually want to say not sure if we gonna take this one but I strive/hope more people try more concepts in this kind of area and is one of my more liked/favorite concepts I have seen so far from sample ideas.

https://pokepast.es/8c6d1df8894253f8

A team I came up with, with one of my good friends. The premise is simple. Wonderguard can suck my nuts. Its hyper offensive, and has a very low skill ceiling, so its great for beginners trying to make their way into the metagame.

5 of the 6 pokemon are Mold Breaker sweepers. Banded ray blasts everything out the water, while the sneakier shell smash ray is great for checking sub sweepers, with chatter. Mewtwo works as a revenge killer, and gengar just doe gengar tings. Its great that ghosts are immune to trapping.

Groudon is the tank of the team, and with coverage moves like bullet seed, it can get good damage off on wonder guard kyogre before it can parting shot away. Sacred fire is there to halt physical sweepers, and attack order for those cosmic power spammers.

Prankster Gira is prankster gira, no real explanation there. Though, may want to swap spore for dark void, for reliabilty. Use when you see a no guard mon.

This is my first post, hope this helps some of the newer players advance in the tier
This is a sadly hard no. This just has many problems and I HEAVILY looking at other resources, other top of ladder teams and other samples again. This is more of a example of what we don't want. DON'T use white herb ray, outrage ray, bullet seed don, bullet seed mmx, Focus blast gar. Theres many more things I can list but I don't think it would help much and so I recommend going into resources and testing/playing more games.

I have a few submission ideas:

Taunt Beedrill Offense:
https://pokepast.es/d44e876e5dcea5d7
A decent introduction into the tier and performs very well. Great for beginners who want to learn how to teambuild

Xern + Ttar Dual Mold Offense:
https://pokepast.es/c2e37ca8b4b4131e
A very unique twist on the dual moldy offense archetype, using tyranitar and xerneas. They synergize well, and force switches left and right. Not the best team ever made, but showcases how unique and creative teams can still be successful in ph

Shadow Tag MMX + No Guard Aerodactyl Balance
https://pokepast.es/bc6c8c307b23a5f0
This one's just fun

All of these are offensively oriented, but with the introduction of the Hyper Offense category, I will certainly be getting to work on making some team to fit in there

edit: if i should go more in-depth about what each of the teams have to offer, let me know. I can do so
Responding to the aero one as this one has actually been accepted. We need more No guard teams. Arceus has been a bit underused lately. overall decent use and mostly standard WonderGuard's. Up to date with Shed shells protecting/helping with all the Stags out there. The dread plate is also neat as it helps a bit more with blissey. Fairly straightforward team really with the aero as a great No guard with slight bits of surprise. For now its good enough to put down and is showing strong current metagame trends. A bit more straightforward or less unique then some here but its a good start for now for slowly accepting teams. Just wanted to accept one now and are considering others still to come.

WITH THAT BEING SAID SAMPLES ARE GONNA BE OPEN FOR A LONG TIME. Thanks, everyone for the sample submissions and we hope for more to come.

Shay's Fate

Sample submission Bites the Dust: SubSmash Ray, Beedrill and SD Gigas

:giratina: :rayquaza_mega: :beedrill_mega: :blissey: :kyogre_primal: :regigigas:

This team is built around SubSmash Ray, a set made by NToTheN (gz for getting the Aero team to be sample)

:giratina:
-Griseous Orb + Will O Wisp beats Mega Gyarados 1v1 (Even if Lum), Encore + Destiny Bond is a deadly combination and a way to revenge kill. There´s not much more to say, Giratina is a standard in almost every team
:rayquaza_mega:
-SubSmash Ray is amazing, it´s hard to revenge kill thanks to Substitute, bulky flying resists are mostly nonexistent and some special walls like Blissey or Primal Kyogre don´t like getting hit by Oblivion Wing, which makes Rayquaza harder to wear down.
:beedrill_mega:
-Everyone is noticing how Beedrill is rising in usage, that´s because the number of things that Beedrill can do as a WG is insane Taunt invalidates most support Wonder Guards, which makes stacking spikes easier, Gastro Acid leaves most Mold Breakers with Spore or Dark Void as their best choices and combines really well with U-turn + Shadow Tag Regigigas.
:blissey:
The second Wonder Guard of the team, a great special wall and a way to check most special Mold Breakers, Stealth Rocks + Whirlwind is a great way to force damage, force substitutes out and deal with Gastro Acid Mega Gyarados, Shed Shell is used to escape Taunt Shadow Tag Regigigas and offensive Shadow Tag users.
:kyogre_primal:
This time I´m using Magic Bounce Kyogre, a set that helps against most support Wonder Guards, Special Mold Breaker like Mega Gengar and offer Defog support in this team, Baton Pass is used here to escape Mega Gyarados.
:regigigas: (could be changed to :slaking:)
Are you tired of 50/50s with Gyarados? We have another 50/50 machine, you used King´s Shield on your Primal Groudon? Oopsie, that Regigigas/Slaking is at +2 and it´s going to OHKO you. I think that should explain the set, this set keeps beating everything that STAG Regigigas beats while having a chance to turn the tables on King´s Shield Mold Breaker users, Toxic Spikes were used originally but the rise of Beedrill and the fact that the team suffers against Mega Gengar made me choose Shadow Sneak, which kills chipped Mega Gengar (52 to 61) (78 to 91 at -1)

Replays (most some of these were done with older versions of the team but the team stays pretty much the same)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667390373-clmp0tiqny03kdcl2zna8zolemhtdt2pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667446905-xcait1dv4y839fmwnub9r9g3qb0ayhapw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668134035

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668990434-6fx632gle6vohznbbxytt8zrzam29gwpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668994561-4cftaphmhb5w8qs2e1kv8btczueu4ngpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667274298-b7fypee4gkhzpjn2m4t7s4pg6rq48qypw

Team: https://pokepast.es/50319b2252afe0d7

Extra replay that has nothing to do with the team, but it´s a funny one: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ba...-1666058801-64oyaphcdjlp13gh06ldn5irkc3cxiqpw

Last edited:
Sample submission Bites the Dust: SubSmash Ray, Beedrill and SD Gigas

:giratina: :rayquaza_mega: :beedrill_mega: :blissey: :kyogre_primal: :regigigas:

This team is built around SubSmash Ray, a set made by NToTheN (gz for getting the Aero team to be sample)

:giratina:
-Griseous Orb + Will O Wisp beats Mega Gyarados 1v1 (Even if Lum), Encore + Destiny Bond is a deadly combination and a way to revenge kill. There´s not much more to say, Giratina is a standard in almost every team
:rayquaza_mega:
-SubSmash Ray is amazing, it´s hard to revenge kill thanks to Substitute, bulky flying resists are mostly nonexistent and some special walls like Blissey or Primal Kyogre don´t like getting hit by Oblivion Wing, which makes Rayquaza harder to wear down.
:beedrill_mega:
-Everyone is noticing how Beedrill is rising in usage, that´s because the number of things that Beedrill can do as a WG is insane Taunt invalidates most support Wonder Guards, which makes stacking spikes easier, Gastro Acid leaves most Mold Breakers with Spore or Dark Void as their best choices and combines really well with U-turn + Shadow Tag Regigigas.
:blissey:
The second Wonder Guard of the team, a great special wall and a way to check most special Mold Breakers, Stealth Rocks + Whirlwind is a great way to force damage, force substitutes out and deal with Gastro Acid Mega Gyarados, Shed Shell is used to escape Taunt Shadow Tag Regigigas and offensive Shadow Tag users.
:kyogre_primal:
This time I´m using Magic Bounce Kyogre, a set that helps against most support Wonder Guards, Special Mold Breaker like Mega Gengar and offer Defog support in this team, Baton Pass is used here to escape Mega Gyarados.
:regigigas: (could be changed to :slaking:)
Are you tired of 50/50s with Gyarados? We have another 50/50 machine, you used King´s Shield on your Primal Groudon? Oopsie, that Regigigas/Slaking is at +2 and it´s going to OHKO you. I think that should explain the set, this set keeps beating everything that STAG Regigigas beats while having a chance to turn the tables on King´s Shield Mold Breaker users, Toxic Spikes were used originally but the rise of Beedrill and the fact that the team suffers against Mega Gengar made me choose Shadow Sneak, which kills chipped Mega Gengar (52 to 61) (78 to 91 at -1)

Replays (most some of these were done with older versions of the team but the team stays pretty much the same)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667390373-clmp0tiqny03kdcl2zna8zolemhtdt2pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667446905-xcait1dv4y839fmwnub9r9g3qb0ayhapw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668134035

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668990434-6fx632gle6vohznbbxytt8zrzam29gwpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1668994561-4cftaphmhb5w8qs2e1kv8btczueu4ngpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1667274298-b7fypee4gkhzpjn2m4t7s4pg6rq48qypw

Team: https://pokepast.es/50319b2252afe0d7

Extra replay that has nothing to do with the team, but it´s a funny one: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ba...-1666058801-64oyaphcdjlp13gh06ldn5irkc3cxiqpw

Great team! This looks very fun to play, I can't wait to try it out.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
I wanted to talk about one team from here. The stag spam as its another Wonderguardless offense and it has great concepts however it suffers from more problems then Huge Power Spam due to a few different things. The first and most noticeable is choice locking. Choice locking is something that works many stag mmx do it mand cb molds like don or ray or specs mmy all work. However when u spam choice items the locking makes maneuvering that much harder. Almost every turn is a turn that if you don't OHKO your locked into something that can usually be taken advantage of. The second problem is Shed shells. Simple enough every matchup can go one way or the other however your running literally 3 stags so even 1 shed shell can really hamper momentum. This I am a bit more lax on as well Purehackmons is a heavy matchup game. Interesting concepts interesting team IDK if something so specific tho is really a sample concept vs Huge power spam that gets way more match ups on average. I really love the idea concept tho and have been working to find other versions/mons to play with this. I actually want to say not sure if we gonna take this one but I strive/hope more people try more concepts in this kind of area and is one of my more liked/favorite concepts I have seen so far from sample ideas.
Thanks for the feedback on the team, after talking to a few people on discord, I've come up with a revised version which I would like to submit for samples
:mewtwo-mega-y::mewtwo-mega-x::mewtwo-mega-x::deoxys-speed::rayquaza-mega::chansey:
The main changes from the previous version are it now only has 2 Choice items, and is using Eviolite Imposter instead of Scarf, and Mega Rayquaza instead of Diancie.
Choice Scarf MMX's EVs allow it to live Huge Power Mega Gyarados's Sucked Punch from full while outspeeding Deo-S, which can other be an issue for this team. Arena Trap allows the team to trap and remove opposing Shadow Tag MMX, which has been becoming more common.
After testing this team and consulting with multiple other people, I think this successfully fixes many of the issues you brought while still staying true to the original concept.

https://pokepast.es/9f8d29d232192ca5
Soo, i went on a new team submit.
its a remix of my first team submit but i did some choice to make my team better.
First i went on beedril mega instead of scizor because of how Amazing is beedrill in this meta. I also put subsmash mray instead of gengar bc sub mray is way harder to revenge kill.
This team has a very simple gameplay.
You just go on beedrill and taunt if the oppo run on a wguard like kyogre or xern, then he will switch and you hit will o wisp or spikes then you hit u-turn and just go on the mon you want, like shadow tag mmx. Even if you lost mmx or gyara, you still can win with mray setup, you also Can will o wisp a regigigas stag, then he will not be able to kill mray. i used audi instead of a xern, i still believe audi is good, bc of his Amazing defensives stats. i also run gira because he can disable an eventual setup, i used curse because when the oppo is on a sub, you still can hit him (its the default or will o wisp gira)
now there is some replays :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1670497258-ho41z0mjv5kqrsr6xx32df1jds059f7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1670499626-p580g5wpwhy3ucg13necbqcif0hbqc4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1670584471-ej7v0jntu0qjnb54xsebllvwdzqdlj7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1670672942-2u75sqsurkbp9jwpef0jdmjo2olg44qpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1671569781-luhz7brd6gmpbsa4on5ylk18caczvd9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1671569649-09zqcjj5rwpd8asx8bkqcnncxiw1z5spw
here are the results of my team rn, i will grind more in next days but 38-1 is good
i added more replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons1671580981- 0k1udhqb9z28kpfprnnz82qowddes87pw
more and mores replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1669790380-4kzyyyldym3t52yffcd9izre0c0vuoupw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1669784312-yf6dtk2g37be8315spcqleiuuou8rdmpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1669840030-j0wotlwgbb8thk7ze2ivd8e3moy0235pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1669863183-sm9zwx3ybc961j7tdx40djznj36sxxxpw

Attachments

Last edited:
Decided to add Ducky's stag spam this new version is ok. Quite decent and now its less choice locked. Quite decent coverage and trapping spam together. Good options for utility in Deo-S and imposter. Having evolite also really shows more options. its been accepted and has now been added.

Also added a new bulky offense by Mbouchon. https://pokepast.es/5796898cbbd03fc9 The use of this unique Rayquaza set allows for powerful setups and tanking powerful hits from many threatening mon. Quiver dance also helps improve all other key stats and further improves special bulk. 80 speed is enough for beedrill after 1 Quiver dance. Gengar has been on the rise as a somewhat newer used Wonder Guard but does very well with absorbing Toxic spikes is trick resistant and is a fast sub passer. Good revenge options in Scarf Stag Mewtwo Abomasnow and utility options with Giratina. Blissey is a pivot on molds or bouncers and keeps the team healthy.

In exchange removed Sceptile Balance,Registeel yve stall and old manectric sub pass with stag ray teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)