National Dex oh no the media is outside

Avery

Banned deucer.
the skit where i got the name from isn't on youtube anymore :c
have the album i got my nicknames from instead!

Hi friends! Ordinarily I'd wait until some posting milestone to post an rmt but I feel like the team could fall out of favor if the metagame were to shift, so why bother waiting. The team has also become somewhat synonymous with me, to the point that room regulars have been surprised to see me not using it. It's also been passed to friends of mine and yielded them fairly solid results. It's also capitalizing on some key metagame trends, most notably the lack of Corviknight and people using Tapu Fini as their main Dark resist most of the time, which is a fairly easy Pokemon to overload. I'll get into the team!

:ss/victini:
dirty dreamer (Victini) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 80 HP / 148 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Encore

"how can i find
peace in my mind?"

The whole team was built around Special Encore Victini, as it takes advantage of most Lando-T running physdef right now and Encore is stupidly convenient in preventing fatter wincons from sweeping, such as Calm Mind Clefable or Mega Latias. It also puts a ton of pressure on opposing Steel-types, namely Mega Scizor, which would otherwise really annoy this team. The typing is also really convenient for offense, as Scarf Lele and Serperior usually annoy offense, but Victini keeps them at bay. Pressuring these Steels is also greatly appreciated by the other members of the team, especially Kartana. The spread lets Victini live 2 Modest Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychics as well as an Earthquake from defensive Lando-T.

:sm/mawile-mega:
hesitation (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Play Rough

"makes me wonder how i stuck around so long"

BoltBeam Mawile! It is incredibly annoying to switch into for defensive teams, and offense is usually one prediction away from losing a Pokemon, since the most common checks to Mega Mawile on offense / bulky offense are Heatran and Lando-T. It was originally Fire Fang over Brick Break, but this team really struggled against offensive Heatran long-term, so I figured limiting its HP and thus its opportunities for entry would be important. Mega Mawile also puts a lot more pressure on opposing Steels and specifically pressures the answers to Kartana, who we'll get to later. The spread is faster than defensive Mega Scizor and is usually run with Fire Fang, but I really needed to be able to pick off a weakened Mega Scizor and kept the spread regardless.

:ss/weavile:
malibu (Weavile) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Throat Chop
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

"they’ll tell you life ain’t so easy
i wouldn’t listen to a word they have to say"

Swords Dance Weavile is the main win condition of this team, and it really loves how the earlier two Pokemon pressure Steel-types and own fatter teams. Z-Throat Chop is a harder hitting nuke than Z-Knock Off, most notably OHKOing SpDef Toxapex after a boost. A lot of bulky offense teams have started relying on Slowbro and Zapdos as catch-all physical walls, and Weavile takes advantage of that trend nicely. This also enables Kartana to sweep later on, as Weavile can break through a lot of its checks, namely Tangrowth, Zapdos, and Mega Latias.

:ss/landorus-therian:
jacuzzi (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

"only so much precious life to live"

I don't think you can build a viable offense without Lando-T. It blanket checks so much, from Mega Mawile to Mega Lopunny to Gliscor. There isn't really much to say on it, aside from it being Smack Down to keep Stealth Rock up against Zapdos and Corviknight. It's also slower than opposing uninvested Lando-T for slower U-Turns. The Defense turns Scarf Kartana's Leaf Blade into a 4HKO and the SpDef is thrown on there because you simply don't need the rest of the EVs elsewhere and it is a little nicer to be able to pivot into Clefable and take hits from Heatran and Volcarona.

:ss/tapu-fini:
wildflower (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 48 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

"she tried to run back home
oh yeah yeah
but nothing felt the same"

Tapu Fini compresses so much for offense that it's become near mandatory as well. Checking Weavile, Ash-Greninja, and Heatran in one slot, while also keeping hazards off against Heatran and Lando-T is invaluable. The longevity does not really matter, as most games with this team tend to last between fifteen and twenty-five turns regardless. Taunt + Nature's Madness annoys bulky teams a ton, and Misty Terrain enables teammates greater flexibility in coming in, such as letting Mega Mawile switch into Toxapex and Clefable without worrying about status. One of the more notable dynamics of Nature's Madness Fini is the ability to chip down opposing Fini, which is hugely important for Swords Dance Weavile to sweep. The defense lets you live +2 Hawlucha Acrobatics, the Speed is for Pokemon that would creep Timid Heatran, and the remaining EVs are dumped into SpDef to take on Heatran a little more comfortably.

:ss/kartana:
homecoming (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

"i love her so and I think about her all the time
spent a week goin' out of my mind"

Scarf Kartana, the secondary win condition and the primary method of making progress against offense. It benefits from the entire team, from Victini catching PhysDef Lando-T off guard to the pressure the entire team puts on Zapdos, Mega Latias, and Mega Scizor. It also revenge kills Mega Lopunny, a notoriously annoying Pokemon for offensive teams to deal with. Kartana gets the most mileage late-game if the rest of the team is played very aggressively early, which is the point of the team anyway.

There aren't a ton of threats that aren't outplayable or aren't outpaced by the rate that this team makes progress, but the biggest threat is Mega Scizor with Knock Off. As Victini is the only Pokemon who can kill it, it can setup freely on Lando-T or Tapu Fini and seriously annoy this team. Giga Drain Volcarona is also an issue but it is very uncommon and playable between Lando-T and Victini. Rotom-W is also pretty irritating as my Electric immune is Lando-T.

I do have a few replays of myself and a few of my friends performing very well with the team, as it has only ever dropped one game in official tours out of the countless times its been used. As can be seen in the replays, games with the team do not last very long and it heavily incentivizes and rewards aggressive play.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldex-603568 - loti vs ara

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldex-604543 - me vs pannu

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldex-602117 - aberforth vs ara ara

dirty dreamer (Victini) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 80 HP / 148 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Encore

hesitation (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Play Rough

malibu (Weavile) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Throat Chop
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

jacuzzi (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

wildflower (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 48 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

homecoming (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
pannuracotta Jordy Kris Amberr omi Optify jerryl309 u all are my best friends on this site and i rly dont know where i'd be at this point without u. im insanely grateful to be able to call u my friends and some of my best memories on ps / smogon come because of u. sincerely, thank u.

Aberforth lotiasite Lunala Frito chlo Z Strats berryalcremie emma WSun1 Ballfire faded love bb skarm airfare Kate Skooma i love u guys!! uve all been insanely nice & supportive and have been most of my motivation to keep playing this game, im also super honored to be friends with u all and im so appreciative for all the times uve made me smile or laugh.

i also love all the natdex auth and maroon <3, i wouldnt be where i am today without u all

And that's all! If you have critique, feel free to let me know! Thanks for reading :D

amazing rmt queen! im so happy to have you as a friend aswell and uve been such a help with both mons and just life in general n.n
I hope you continue to make milestones and to continue being yourself- a fantastic presence and person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)