Doubles Ogerpon-H

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech / Wood Hammer
- Follow Me / Swords Dance
- Spiky Shield

Hailing from the mythical land of Kitakami, Ogerpon-H dons its fiery mask to greatly increase its already high Attack! With a rare type combination and ability, it's able to hit most foes neutrally, which makes it extremely difficult to switch into, and punish common Tera Grass and Tera Water Tera Types. Prior to Terastallizing, Mold Breaker allows Ogerpon-H to hit Heatran with Ivy Cudgel. Ivy Cudgel OHKOes common Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss. Wood Hammer is an option for high damage at the cost of recoil, while Horn Leech trades Base Power for recovery. Follow Me redirects Spore or Grass-type attacks for its teammates. Swords Dance lets it boost its already sky high Attack in the face of passive or threatened foes such as Cresselia and Amoonguss. While Ogerpon-H is fast, it doesn't outspeed foes such as Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane, which may hit it with strong neutral attacks. As such, it appreciates Tailwind support from Tornadus, which can also set Sunny Day to boost Ivy Cudgel's damage. Rillaboom is another excellent partner, providing recovery, Fake Out support, and boosting its Grass-type move of choice. Ogerpon-H struggles with opposing Fire types such as Chi-Yu and Volcanion, so a partner such as Landorus-T or Iron Hands can patch this up.

1072 w/o spaces

Last edited:

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
in
  • nitpick, but "offenses" kinda implies both Attack and Special Attack, when the latter is quite bad and doesn't get boosted, so might wanna change that
  • " Mold Breaker allows Ogerpon-H to hit Heatran who would otherwise wall it. " I'd consider mentioning this is pre-tera since the ability gets replaced upon it using tera, but its a good thing to mention regardless.
  • A single mention on how everything about it makes it difficult to switch into (in a more explicit way, I see where you hinted at it but that's more or less why the mon is so good so I'd prefer it to be more blatantly mentioned) would improve this a lot in my eyes.
  • I'd add Volcanion with Chi-Yu as mons it struggles against and maybe Landorus-T for partners (if you can)
Overall good, tag me if you'd like me to double check anything.

1/1
zoe2.gif

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=add comma, AH=add hyphen)
Remove

Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech / Wood Hammer
- Follow Me / Swords Dance
- Spiky Shield

Hailing from the mythical land of Kitakami, Ogerpon-H dons its fiery mask to greatly increase its already high Attack! With a rare type combination and ability, it's able to hit most opponents foes neutrally, which makes it extremely difficult to switch in to into, and punishes punish common Tera Grass and Tera Water Tera Types Pokemon. Prior to Terastallizing,(AC) Mold Breaker allows Ogerpon-H to hit Heatran who would otherwise wall it, prior to losing Mold Breaker upon Terastalization with Ivy Cudgel. Ivy Cudgel OHKOs OHKOes common Grass-(AH)types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss. Wood Hammer is an option for high damage at the cost of recoil, while Horn Leech trades base power Base Power for recovery. Follow Me redirects Spore or Grass-type attacks for its teammates. Swords Dance boosts Ogerpon-H's lets it boost its already sky high Attack in the face of passive or threatened foes such as Cresselia or and Amoonguss. While Ogerpon-H is fast, it doesn't outspeed foes such as Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane, which may hit it with strong neutral attacks. As such, it appreciates Tailwind support from Tornadus, who which can also set Sunny Day to boost its Ivy Cudgel's damage. Rillaboom is another excellent partner, providing recovery, Fake Out support, and boosting its Grass-(AH)type move of choice. Ogerpon-H struggles with opposing Fire-(AH)types such as Chi-Yu and Volcanion, so a partner such as Landorus-T or Iron Hands can patch this up.

milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

MrPanda

not a bear
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, folks! I was translating this and noticed that in the line: "Wood Hammer is an option for high damage at the cost of recoil, while Horn Leech trades Base Bower for recovery", Base Power was written Base Bower. So I thought I should point it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)