Official Smogon Tournament XVI - Round 3-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Round 3 is the Home metagame! You can use changes to the tiers as a result of Pokemon Home's release!

Welcome to the third round of this year's Official Smogon Tournament! The OST is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions in tournaments and has crowned many great Pokémon players as its champions across five generations. Over the next few months, thousands* (!) of players will compete to the best of their ability as they attempt to join the exclusive ranks of the OST trophy holders. Only one of those players will succeed in their journey and earn the recognition that comes with their victory, along with the iconic OST trophy.

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams in between games, or use the same team throughout the set; it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Just like last year, there will be a cash prize for this tournament! The winner of this year's Official Smogon Tournament will receive 200 USD! With the Finalist receiving $100 and both semifinalists taking home $50 each.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another TD team member!

OST Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SS OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Liking this post increases the accuracy of your Hydro Pumps.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Baton Pass Clause: The move Baton Pass is banned outright.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.

General Tournament Rules

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Now then, without further ado..

(If your name isn't in this list check the OST Round 3-A, 3-C and 3-D threads for it!)

(yovan33321 vs Indigo Plateau) vs Lunar.
(Drake'sProdigy vs Enzo Gorlami) vs OnlyaPuppet
Mammaluu vs oldspicemike
Jmal98 vs TectonicDestroyer
THUNDER CEBRA vs Bluwing
Kiubymor vs shwokedrew
Frizy vs Piratilla
cherif18 vs Drookez
Olliert vs Ice Cream Cone
Askov vs dahli
Empo vs Blimax
Bouff vs Uribe13
Trognon vs TDK
Ren-chon vs robjr
kland vs Kabum
lighthouses vs Trade
Alstone vs didi
Silben vs Amir
StepC vs Flarowak
randomhobo999 vs not a racist
TAOChingChong vs Lionyx
Lord_Enz vs Mikaso04
kodak800 vs Haru
Vaboh vs Sagiri
Vulpix03 vs KW
Malfunction vs Dr 0mega
Holy-Darky vs (Torchic vs shieldpoke)
Artmagic. vs trace
Atha vs Sjneider
Lukasjoel1 vs TPP
FRS Blitz vs Bdlc
shawyu 1313 vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
London Beats vs DemZii
Garchomp for president vs sch
Rubyblood vs The Kyle
Oemmel vs Teddeh
atomicllamas vs Neosdragon
Skypenguin vs Yami
Flynned' vs Karppi
The Mawile Ace vs PQD
Cheese151 vs mpc
Mob Barley vs Quite Quiet
Naru vs Hayburner
Fruitdealer vs henry
Kingler12345 vs Eoward
gamermax vs(Erzengel vs TheScorch'dBlaze)
lax vs Ezrael
GunGunJ vs pulsar512b
HSA vs Melle2402
EriDBst vs Kepwi
Electronno vs DeeJ
k3nan vs (Conflict vs Srbatman)
-Voltage- vs Fylkir Pudin
Vileman vs FU SHUN HA
Abyssal Ruins vs kt3
NovaFish21 vs Alakazam
Shamgod vs martha
Serpi vs Star
fatty vs GW
The Grand Babido vs tennisace
Juuno vs Sayuze
(Trogba Trogba vs Le Polie Tre) vs Corporal Levi
(xdionyz vs xtra$hine) vs Kebab mlml
DragonWhale vs ggggd

Deadline is Sunday, March 1st, 11:59pm EST.
(Extension deadline is Wednesday, February 26th, 11:59pm EST)

Last edited:

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
won in 2 ggs

shoutouts (yep, i made it to r4 of ost)
Here we go bros, what a ride. I really didn't expect to get very far at all (especially with my confidence crisis session in full swing) but sometimes your expectations exceed reality I guess. Im not going to make this too long because im sure people want to see the ego stroking, so here it is.

NG Spencer , man where do I begin with you? My old-time venting partner and the person who I share all my teams with. There isnt a word to describe how much you mean to me. Youre probably the reason im even still here lol. Thanks for believing in me, thanks for building with me, but most importantly, thank you for being my best friend. Youre still a boomer btw.

Cam , the other nicest person on PS. I pretty much compliment your art anytime you post so you already know how I feel about that. You and Accel make up the duo of heroes that we need, but dont deserve. Keep doing what youre doing, we all enjoy it.

Flares. , hmm where to start? Our whole conversation spree started from me pming you to come back, and somehow it delved into this. Cant say I regret it though, youre a blast to talk to and I need someone to haha my posts anyway so thank you for doing that. See you in UUPL.

ima, my partner in crime and the sand balance player. I dont know when it happened but all of a sudden you were turning me into a balance player by SWSH like wtf dude I didnt ask for this? Jk but fr tho, you pretty much shaped balance this gen in a way with Offensive Weezing and Taunt Umbreon. Youre easily more influential on the tier than you think and even though you dont post on the bigger threads much your contributions are still appreciated.

p2 , P2 STYLE OML. Fuck it, youre getting a shoutout too. Given that we pretty much call each other hubby/wifey we have a pretty close relationship. You also produced this gem of a log Fr tho youre a cool guy and you need to teach me OU soon

blarghlfarghl , blargh IT UP. My third venting partner and probably the one I have the most pm logs with. We go back to like 2018 and you were like one of the first people I befriended when I got into UU. Man I remember when you won UULT and I invented the greatest catchphrase ever. No matter how much you get sick of it its still good I swear :[

Other shoutouts: cleann , Twixtry , Empo , Rewer, ILoveMilk , Updated Kanto , Jascha , Fish1899 , Pish , Insult , Leo , Hammy H.M.N.I.P , Jytcampbell , Tricking ,Sjneider , Samqian, FU SHUN HA

Youre all lumped together cause im writing this with a limited amount of time and cant shout out everyone rn, maybe later Ill edit this. I love you all and if I didnt shout you out then either I hate you or I just forgot. Sorry either way.

And now for the miscellaneous shoutouts:

Shoutouts yeezyknows for sucking enough dick to get into council, such a shame it didnt get you very far in masters.

Shoutouts all the haters who said I couldnt do it or that the kick situation was unjustified, hope you enjoy being in my shadow.

Shoutouts @Fantastic_Fuego and backstabbing me in the ass. Real nice friends, huh?

Shoutouts Aurella for providing me with the worst scheduling attempts in my 2 years of being on this retarded website.

Shoutouts Caasi for admitting he sucks dick just for auth / badges. Thanks for backstabbing me too. Kindly suck a dick somewhere else, thanks.

And lastly, THANK YOU ithrowrocksatkids for being the worst person ive ever had the displeasure of knowing. Go pursue a career sucking dick instead of trying to get egirls.

Yuze out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)