Official Smogon Tournament XIX - Round 2-B (REPLAYS REQUIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Welcome to this year's Official Smogon Tournament! The OST is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions in tournaments and has crowned many great Pokémon players as its champions across five generations. Over the next few months, thousands* (!) of players will compete to the best of their ability as they attempt to join the exclusive ranks of the OST trophy holders. Only one of those players will succeed in their journey and earn the recognition that comes with their victory, along with the iconic OST trophy.

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams in between games, or use the same team throughout the set; it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Just like last year, there will be a cash prize for this tournament! The winner of this year's Official Smogon Tournament will receive 200 USD!

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or a tournament director!

OST Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SV OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Liking this post increases the accuracy of your Focus Blasts.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Baton Pass Clause: The move Baton Pass is banned outright.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.

General Tournament Rules

Substitutions

Players may sign up as a substitute if they didn't join in time. If you are eliminated from the tournament (i.e. you lose your games, are substituted out, or drop out), you may not sign up as a substitute. I will endeavor to substitute players in whenever a player drops out, and one week before the round 1 deadline, I will look through all players and activity win requests and replace any inactive players with substitutes. Given the size of the bracket this year, there might be two substitution waves. There is a good chance that you will get to play if you sign up as a substitute. Substitutes will only be allowed into the tournament during round 1. Substitutes will be implemented on a mostly first come, first serve basis, but if you are inactive after you sign up as a substitute then you're at risk of not being substituted into the tournament.

To sign up as a substitute, please use the substitute signup thread.

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Now then, without further ado..

Round 2-B

Genesis7  vs  blank
LuvvyAME  vs  Fusien
Raika  vs  Bouff
kevingoogo  vs  ojr
Ungo  vs  CaptainEikichi
RichardMillePlain  vs  MONCHO
Chaos23333  vs  Xceloh
tyo  vs  Flip The Switch
daycard  vs  lax
mencemeat  vs  Luigigordovermelho
BossManSwag  vs  RaiZen1704
Yari  vs  Alumn
ZeroKitss  vs  HealthGage
Shinigami  vs  Coolcodename
egalvanc  vs  PrinceOfAllTacos
Darkdiglett  vs  Void
icewave  vs  Lapa Faraonul
dex  vs  mushamu
zbr  vs  Wowiehejust
giove97  vs  Metallica126
reymaki  vs  shwetabhg2
Vawpire  vs  AgentSnorlax
Amstan  vs  Zooch
Booty  vs  dmbros
Reddo161  vs  Firehead27
The_AG  vs  Mrbanana45
Lialiabeast  vs  Luispeikou
autumn  vs  Radiant Grub
Crinchley  vs  GaryTheGengar
Wartionzz  vs  Green Zebstrikaa
AtraX Madara  vs  Latias
Iodyne  vs  Spedonic
Scoptile  vs  rockdender
Luirromen  vs  Always!
Stecolomaxx  vs  decis
Toto  vs  Reje
Pira  vs  AbsurdCloak
Askov  vs  BlazingDark
MrSoup  vs  fakenagol
SwaggySammy44  vs  ong
Pokemonguru420  vs  Empo
corvere  vs  TPP
poopawmcgee  vs  Leafeontc
JESUSE3  vs  McMeghan
Tal0  vs  Taner704
Queen_Rosey_606  vs  Roufail
The Gunner  vs  Akai
`ShadowTwo  vs  CaptainDaimyo
KillaLeston  vs  Vay
Hollow Soul  vs  JellyIO
Mike Legend  vs  TibarnWasTaken
mind gaming  vs  maroon
Navys_1  vs  Kingsous
Water Drone  vs  Boomalacka
DeStef2003  vs  kpse
Im_Totally_Human  vs  topshotta
Shxdowarcher  vs  cinnasaur
TBIC106  vs  brycen
swag god  vs  Asuno
Remi-J  vs  baibaiats
Akashi  vs  Ado
Nick  vs  Ivanjsksas
Micciu  vs  blank who
artifice.  vs  lolebruh
Trogba Trogba  vs  Desmondo
MugiwaraLux  vs  gorex
Hohaaz  vs  GigaLucario37
nikos321  vs  SaDiSTiCNarwhal
fabwooloo  vs  derppudding404
sablolol  vs  Ryum
Wildcat Formation  vs  Welli0u
DOOR MONEY  vs  michy47
FranKMad  vs  flamelord505
the winking dol  vs  Rex69
Kristyl  vs  Nyick
up_startme  vs  GoldCat
Kingo9629  vs  SpaceSpeakers
Hazza83773  vs  Paulluxx
gum  vs  Chippy1105
corbat743  vs  Spooky77
Xurkiyee  vs  Urshifu.lol
PurpleDolphin  vs  LpZ
itsJustRPS  vs  Garchomp for president
Edgar  vs  Ecca
Pinecoishot  vs  Nael222
Doomstadt  vs  Xrn
TTV_DarkAngel25  vs  Finchinator
Mihowk  vs  Marshme1to
Stellar Flares  vs  Sydnacious
xujing691691  vs  Lediable_34
chat chatting joke  vs  ABR
cardenas19  vs  tom holland
avarice  vs  cheek-clapper6000
quojova  vs  Star
myjava  vs  TrainerPla
LudwigFrog  vs  TheBrightRising
bdov  vs  GamerGal1759
ArcticBreeze  vs  AC7
XelloW  vs  WhiteQueen
3d  vs  0ze
Bijets  vs  SparX
Altthiel  vs  ayevon
XGhostlyCalebX  vs  procorphish
proudtrainer0015  vs  Turinglemur01
Piyush25  vs  welam73
Sam  vs  pokemonisfun
frisoeva  vs  Haruno
zS  vs  Ann
Warucario  vs  Chiles Habaneros
surgingoffense  vs  IloveScaldBurns
Ary  vs  Knight who says "Ni"
Mr.X&Y97  vs  Lily
Hamhamhamhamham  vs  eifo
Maxisc23  vs  DestinyTGU
jaydenhcndj  vs  Kate
DarkMage27  vs  Spl4sh
kenny  vs  Mickey17
Rewer  vs  Gochan
Moscatas  vs  Skooma
Trout In Space  vs  vuthanh2807
cb aaron judge  vs  ZachPKM
emma  vs  Simia
Javi  vs  the_ultimate_bruh
KJ Corp  vs  Fogbound Lake
M Dragon  vs  Bad Grief
Fancy1  vs  Mysterious M
Sayorus  vs  ramboss
Shakur  vs  Yung Goober

(If your name isn't in this list check the OST Round 2-A, 2-C, and 2-D threads for it!)

Deadline is Sunday, February 12th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).
Extension Deadline: Wednesday February 8th, 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5)

REPLAYS MUST BE POSTED FOR YOUR WIN TO COUNT!! SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD FOR INFO

Last edited:
I started contacting my opponent but they haven't replied to anything I've sent. Additionally, according to their previous posts they're only free during my school hours because time zones are the true toughest tournament opponent. Now what do I do?

I started contacting my opponent but they haven't replied to anything I've sent. Additionally, according to their previous posts they're only free during my school hours because time zones are the true toughest tournament opponent. Now what do I do?
Hey I'm active now, wanna battle? I'll be on till around 3:00

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
So once again calling act for previous round. I don't think this extension was needed at all.

I am currently trying to schedule a match with my opponent but the times I'm available are when they're busy, so I don't know what to do.

also completely off-topic question but is it a good idea to be in multiple tournaments at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)