Official Smogon Tournament XIV - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
gg.br0

Sad to see Za lose like this :[
Gl to SW though

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
respect for your run Charmflash , dont tend to get cocky during games tho m8 ;o

and all the dudes who think they should "follow the trend" now and post "gg.br0": you are not cool and would prob suck Za's dick now if he won another round so ye

gl in finals sw, impressive stuff

That's literally the only decent thing about smogon. Creating memes out of nowhere. I can actually imagine Za writing gg.br0 with the intention of making a meme out of it

Edit: Gotta agree on what xray said. Very mature

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Happy to see bobo break through his semifinals curse at long last, I hope you win this tour bro.

Za Meowdo, I like you a lot dude but your attitude hasn't been the best thus far as I told you, you have a such a high potential so don't fuck around -_-. Great run

FINAL ESPAÑOLA COÑO VAMOS

Lost to SW in 3 close games, probably could have played g3 better but the hype was getting to me.

Btw I didnt really mean to offend SW with the gg its just an insider joke between mael Bedschibaer MJ and myself to say gg early.
I built most teams by my own and didnt really have people helping me or testing with me but with that being said I have some short shoutouts for people who helped me get this far.

- aim
Discovering aim's youtube channel is how this journey began for me. I used to think he is a genius when it comes to pokemon and his explanations always made perfect sense. I learned what doubles are, how to teambuild & how to form a gameplan by watching his xy showdown lives and I would like to thank him for introducing me to smogon.

- mael
Mael has been a great influence on how I view the game lately. He's a very calculated player and deserves far more credit than what he gets. I hope that he is able to pull through and bring the yellow trophy to Austria :)

- Posho
I would like to thank Posho for introducing me to smogon tournaments. He motivated me to join smogon tournaments last year after we teamed up for ourpl and has been supporting me throughout the OLT cycles and OST.

- Empo
Empo is the goat. Hes evolved a lot as a player as of late, able to use anything at the highest level and is the user I would ask for advice first when it comes to gen7ou. We've built a lot of teams together and he's been one of the best friends I have on this site for almost a year.

- Finchinator
Shoutout to you for being one of the very few manager who actually responded to my SPL tryouts application. Its a shame that it didnt work out in the end despite me performing pretty well in those but I get that you want to miminize your risks. Thank you for all the uplifting words and keeping my morale up despite not drafting me.

-sorry's friend crew of imsosorrylol LL Hayburner and a bunch of other ppl who have been discrediting every single victory of mine based on luck, matchup, or its unofficiality. I would like to thank you guys for pushing me to become even better, I owe a big part of my success to you as well.

It's sad to go out in games as close as these but SoulWind has been playing better than me (especially in g3) and deserved to win. I'm looking forward to join more tournaments & especially looking forward to the closest one wcop go team Austria! :)

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
It's unfortunate to see my old tutor not winning the trophy, but I'm very proud to see him get this far. I've been hyping up this guy every round for good reason. I am somewhat new here, so my judgement may not be the greatest, but Za is absolutely unreal at OU with a very creative mind. Despite what many think, Charmflash is one of the nicest, chill people I've come across on this site and is always down for helping me build, test and improve my game. From teaching me how to build to giving me confidence to play in tours, this man is a great friend of mine. I wish him all the best in captaining Austria, and for all his future campaigns. GO ZA!

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
my brother goatbo swoaty gonn win this tour so i had to do it one time
btw the theme of goatnalysis is objectivity so imma try 2 keep it objective, since this the first time im seeing these replays
GOATNALYSIS
Swoaty vs charmfalsh

G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-374644
lookin at preview charmflash got some balljuice this niggas gren counter rlly is gren. zor also puts in work, tho mew is annoying and if sw's gren isnt ash then mew can be a nuisance. if the maw is ice fire coverage then that puts in work too so this mu is actually kinda even maybe 5.5 : 4.5 in sw's favor considering how the zyg could give sw problems if its like fat since maw = breaker so zyg isnt banded. zor as the only counter is shaky since he needs zor and sccarf lando to take chip for maw. other dudes shit team is 12-0d by cm shiftgearna and lke any rain or like idk gren w rox up oh also zor
damn 5 turns in swoaty already has momentum out the ass bro got rid of rotoms recovery, got rocks, and outplayed the maw like lebron (gettit, demar haha,,,) ofc lucky ass dude crits ffang but ofc how would shit even be fair if not for fate always holding bobo back, like ngl hes bottom 5 luckiest mfs on this site i personally dodged like 4 fb in a row vs him damn
whip miss comes into play later cuz swoaty coulda spammed pulse instead of surf which won the game or at least makes it easier since no defog but at that point gren + zor p much won (w hazards up)
anyhow thats not how it plays out but the game was p str8forward after zyg came out. sw knew to preserve the wincons aka zor and gren which was all he needed to win, and sacked other shit to chip zyg, great insight cuz many ppl might just go hard into their counter/check aka zor and yea u take out zyg but zor cant sweep no more. unfor taht he lost a 5050 on the bp > lant sack, but shit happens, and i mean if dude didnt crit and dodge this game was easily winnable

G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-374651
koko eats this agme and thats why u cant lead w taht vs either scarfland or lati, idk if bulu was better than sw's own land as lead (unless not scarfed) but hey free 50% vs anything is p heat for kart later on cuz that shit if sd z can shit on this team.
lookin at t1 i dont understand in what world u would draco, that shit is woat play oat. i mean yea he COULD go gren but why not get 50% chip then guarantee the switch or even somethin else? u have the advantage of draco being an unsuspected move why blow it t1 like my nigga he WALLS U. WTF MEGAHEAT TO THE DICK damn thats a sick tech lmao but seeing as this team's lati switchin is bulu that is a very reasonable tech too, heat tech now koko switchin #1 is p much gone. i understand the wood hammer play, that shit brazy, it didnt pay off but i still wouldnt hold it against him but if u make the hammer play the first time and took the L u HAVE to make it again because now u have even less incentive to do it (in ur opps eyes) making it that much more likely to pay off (superpowering there either takes steela to like 30 somethin % or kills lati, whereas a 29% bulu can maybe heal up on like a double into azu or clef or somethin but idk we;ll keep watching.
oh wow what do u know he doubles it into clef lmao SWOATY ALWASY HAS A PLAN. hmmmmm lemme get that helf back, rocks up, OML DOUBLES FOR DAYS he got bulu back up lmao. i think charmflash shoulda got rox instead of knock like i mean wtf does knock even do bruh so lati can still only 2ko w psy once he heals up? damn mf says he came up off joey vids but u no fan of joey if u dont know the term "FREE ROCKS"
swoaty doubles into azu to heal up again damn this man doubling more than the raptors vs lebron except in this case he is lebron and charmflash is gettin fucked in the ass
hard gren every time, then bulu on draco :obamaphew:, keeps the chip goin v steela, hard tran then gren to spike up damn, pussy ass azu doin 0 damage too lmao this team trash as shit (btw shiftgearna 7-0s this team too)
bruh what rocks scarflando or wait no scarfer on team that is already 20-0d by koko? HUHHHHHHHHHHHH askdjgasg WHAT ,,
either way bobo mindreads this mf like brad stevens did brett brown and infernal overdrives to the basket for a freebie
at this point u just start pickin to kart like amazon checkout no pun. if its banded it gets 1 and if its scarfed it gets uhh still 1 but koko won at taht point anyways,,,
nvm i just realized u cant taunt z move so sw made the right endgame plays in this scenario but i think the better scenario if he had non scarf kart was to double out to lando instead of leaf blade, that way azu took chip for nothing, he still has kart in the back to stop sweep, and he can uturn from lando to the clef/or whatever move azu wanted ot go for staying in fsr, and maybe uturn > tran if clef and go from there. however its not always gonn be perfectly planned at game speed so playing this endgame out is already impressive. other dude made the right sacks n shit too and banked on kart killing clef/being unscarfed, props too. the endgame was rlly p good in this game. sw hit a lot of hydros but lando can fog on a roost and gren still wins

G3: lookin at preview charmflash cant rlly break anythin unless like z chomp but even then u can outplay w scor and clef a little. i thnk w zone trap and hera having no recovery sw wins via stallin everuthing out in the long run, but that is assuming sd chomp + hera dont sweep first. p even mu tho in balanced offense vs bulky offense mus balanced usually has an edge just cuz bulky offense has no immediate power. wow no flinch t1 is huge, i think since dude is scarfed he predicted clef to predict non scarf and outspeed to softboiled so he iheaded??? ig??? but does he not realize damage calcs exist???? basically revealed and tossed out rachi t2. ofc veteran move sw gets the orb off on scor, and ig charmflash predicted the zap predict aka sd/knock so he went gren whcih means this has to be z? it makes sense, but like why cant he eq now then knock the zap next turn liek whats zap doing even, he can even stay in on zap to eq predicitng the next switch since zap doesnt exactly do shit back. sw i think PREDICTS the gren to be not ash and gets zone in, which he then trades for chomp aka the 1 of 2 breakers which is worth as shit. i mean yea i hguess it makes snese he would volt on the hera but why not flash for damage tho, once again there are only 2 threats that even scratch anythig ad its chomp/hera, sw wants damage and hes not givin chomp a free sd / rox w clef that low. hard chomp on flash is fuckin awful and stfu to all the "but its a 5050" crowd no its not stop blaming shit on 5050s if u lose all of them, in cbbs words "its 100/0 if youre good"
turn 10 the sd was actually kinda a 5050 and justifyable, seeing as sw would want to heal this shit up for hera (actually needs this to be healed) so the sd kinda sorta made sense, but then again swoaty just used this as bait for free ass 6%. THIS TURN IS SO FUCIN SICJ AND GAME DECIDING U GOTTA UNDERSTAND THE BALLS ON THIS MAN YALL :swole: SLEEPIN :swole: ON :swole: BOBOAT :swole: THE :swole: SPANISH :swole: LEBRON. aftet this turn the game kinda ended, as dude needed to use hera as his clef counter. dude gets a nice free turn on rachi to hwish but swoaty came w the strap, big scor in the back all prepared for, i mean theres a gren still which also also won. wow dude still only has 1 gren switchin this game and its not even vest, pulse doin a clean 50 in ash and like 37 pre ash. ARE WE SEEING A PATTEN HERE OR IS DUDE ONCE YET AGAIN SWEPT BY SHIFTGGEARNA W ANY CHIP ON HERA (or elec z)
This game's outcome/how it played out was so heavily reliant on how the t1 mindgame/luck played out, but luckily the scarf rachi tech didnt hit (if that flinched then the game instantly goes about 3-7 against sw maybe even more). ig it rlly is sw's year, playing great w decent luck who stoppin swoaty
also as for gg.bro i believe dude is trynna be funny cuz like is he stupid enuf to think, after seeing facade and knowing theres gren in the back, that he won the game? actually idk u tell me, dude does strike me as the clicker kind

nvm dudes jsut retarded

gg.br0
swoatytour14

Last edited:
my brother goatbo swoaty gonn win this tour so i had to do it one time
btw the theme of goatnalysis is objectivity so imma try 2 keep it objective, since this the first time im seeing these replays
GOATNALYSIS
Swoaty vs charmfalsh

G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-374644
lookin at preview charmflash got some balljuice this niggas gren counter rlly is gren. zor also puts in work, tho mew is annoying and if sw's gren isnt ash then mew can be a nuisance. if the maw is ice fire coverage then that puts in work too so this mu is actually kinda even maybe 5.5 : 4.5 in sw's favor considering how the zyg could give sw problems if its like fat since maw = breaker so zyg isnt banded. zor as the only counter is shaky since he needs zor and sccarf lando to take chip for maw. other dudes shit team is 12-0d by cm shiftgearna and lke any rain or like idk gren w rox up oh also zor
damn 5 turns in swoaty already has momentum out the ass bro got rid of rotoms recovery, got rocks, and outplayed the maw like lebron (gettit, demar haha,,,) ofc lucky ass dude crits ffang but ofc how would shit even be fair if not for fate always holding bobo back, like ngl hes bottom 5 luckiest mfs on this site i personally dodged like 4 fb in a row vs him damn
whip miss comes into play later cuz swoaty coulda spammed pulse instead of surf which won the game or at least makes it easier since no defog but at that point gren + zor p much won (w hazards up)
anyhow thats not how it plays out but the game was p str8forward after zyg came out. sw knew to preserve the wincons aka zor and gren which was all he needed to win, and sacked other shit to chip zyg, great insight cuz many ppl might just go hard into their counter/check aka zor and yea u take out zyg but zor cant sweep no more. unfor taht he lost a 5050 on the bp > lant sack, but shit happens, and i mean if dude didnt crit and dodge this game was easily winnable

G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-374651
koko eats this agme and thats why u cant lead w taht vs either scarfland or lati, idk if bulu was better than sw's own land as lead (unless not scarfed) but hey free 50% vs anything is p heat for kart later on cuz that shit if sd z can shit on this team.
lookin at t1 i dont understand in what world u would draco, that shit is woat play oat. i mean yea he COULD go gren but why not get 50% chip then guarantee the switch or even somethin else? u have the advantage of draco being an unsuspected move why blow it t1 like my nigga he WALLS U. WTF MEGAHEAT TO THE DICK damn thats a sick tech lmao but seeing as this team's lati switchin is bulu that is a very reasonable tech too, heat tech now koko switchin #1 is p much gone. i understand the wood hammer play, that shit brazy, it didnt pay off but i still wouldnt hold it against him but if u make the hammer play the first time and took the L u HAVE to make it again because now u have even less incentive to do it (in ur opps eyes) making it that much more likely to pay off (superpowering there either takes steela to like 30 somethin % or kills lati, whereas a 29% bulu can maybe heal up on like a double into azu or clef or somethin but idk we;ll keep watching.
oh wow what do u know he doubles it into clef lmao SWOATY ALWASY HAS A PLAN. hmmmmm lemme get that helf back, rocks up, OML DOUBLES FOR DAYS he got bulu back up lmao. i think charmflash shoulda got rox instead of knock like i mean wtf does knock even do bruh so lati can still only 2ko w psy once he heals up? damn mf says he came up off joey vids but u no fan of joey if u dont know the term "FREE ROCKS"
swoaty doubles into azu to heal up again damn this man doubling more than the raptors vs lebron except in this case he is lebron and charmflash is gettin fucked in the ass
hard gren every time, then bulu on draco :obamaphew:, keeps the chip goin v steela, hard tran then gren to spike up damn, pussy ass azu doin 0 damage too lmao this team trash as shit (btw shiftgearna 7-0s this team too)
bruh what rocks scarflando or wait no scarfer on team that is already 20-0d by koko? HUHHHHHHHHHHHH askdjgasg WHAT ,,
either way bobo mindreads this mf like brad stevens did brett brown and infernal overdrives to the basket for a freebie
at this point u just start pickin to kart like amazon checkout no pun. if its banded it gets 1 and if its scarfed it gets uhh still 1 but koko won at taht point anyways,,,
nvm i just realized u cant taunt z move so sw made the right endgame plays in this scenario but i think the better scenario if he had non scarf kart was to double out to lando instead of leaf blade, that way azu took chip for nothing, he still has kart in the back to stop sweep, and he can uturn from lando to the clef/or whatever move azu wanted ot go for staying in fsr, and maybe uturn > tran if clef and go from there. however its not always gonn be perfectly planned at game speed so playing this endgame out is already impressive. other dude made the right sacks n shit too and banked on kart killing clef/being unscarfed, props too. the endgame was rlly p good in this game. sw hit a lot of hydros but lando can fog on a roost and gren still wins

G3: lookin at preview charmflash cant rlly break anythin unless like z chomp but even then u can outplay w scor and clef a little. i thnk w zone trap and hera having no recovery sw wins via stallin everuthing out in the long run, but that is assuming sd chomp + hera dont sweep first. p even mu tho in balanced offense vs bulky offense mus balanced usually has an edge just cuz bulky offense has no immediate power. wow no flinch t1 is huge, i think since dude is scarfed he predicted clef to predict non scarf and outspeed to softboiled so he iheaded??? ig??? but does he not realize damage calcs exist???? basically revealed and tossed out rachi t2. ofc veteran move sw gets the orb off on scor, and ig charmflash predicted the zap predict aka sd/knock so he went gren whcih means this has to be z? it makes sense, but like why cant he eq now then knock the zap next turn liek whats zap doing even, he can even stay in on zap to eq predicitng the next switch since zap doesnt exactly do shit back. sw i think PREDICTS the gren to be not ash and gets zone in, which he then trades for chomp aka the 1 of 2 breakers which is worth as shit. i mean yea i hguess it makes snese he would volt on the hera but why not flash for damage tho, once again there are only 2 threats that even scratch anythig ad its chomp/hera, sw wants damage and hes not givin chomp a free sd / rox w clef that low. hard chomp on flash is fuckin awful and stfu to all the "but its a 5050" crowd no its not stop blaming shit on 5050s if u lose all of them, in cbbs words "its 100/0 if youre good"
turn 10 the sd was actually kinda a 5050 and justifyable, seeing as sw would want to heal this shit up for hera (actually needs this to be healed) so the sd kinda sorta made sense, but then again swoaty just used this as bait for free ass 6%. THIS TURN IS SO FUCIN SICJ AND GAME DECIDING U GOTTA UNDERSTAND THE BALLS ON THIS MAN YALL :swole: SLEEPIN :swole: ON :swole: BOBOAT :swole: THE :swole: SPANISH :swole: LEBRON. aftet this turn the game kinda ended, as dude needed to use hera as his clef counter. dude gets a nice free turn on rachi to hwish but swoaty came w the strap, big scor in the back all prepared for, i mean theres a gren still which also also won. wow dude still only has 1 gren switchin this game and its not even vest, pulse doin a clean 50 in ash and like 37 pre ash. ARE WE SEEING A PATTEN HERE OR IS DUDE ONCE YET AGAIN SWEPT BY SHIFTGGEARNA W ANY CHIP ON HERA (or elec z)
This game's outcome/how it played out was so heavily reliant on how the t1 mindgame/luck played out, but luckily the scarf rachi tech didnt hit (if that flinched then the game instantly goes about 3-7 against sw maybe even more). ig it rlly is sw's year, playing great w decent luck who stoppin swoaty
also as for gg.bro i believe dude is trynna be funny cuz like is he stupid enuf to think, after seeing facade and knowing theres gren in the back, that he won the game? actually idk u tell me, dude does strike me as the clicker kind

nvm dudes jsut retarded

gg.br0
swoatytour14
i can feel the adderall in this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)