Official Smogon Tournament XIV - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
mael vs Malekith - Absolutely nothing against Malekith, but mael last round was something else, and I really can't go against him after that.
SoulWind vs Charmflash - I honestly don't know, but sw seems to have been the more consistent player so far. za meowdo have had some off-games but if he pulls himself together he could win this too.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mael vs Malekith - I know that mael had a strong showing last round, but I gotta stay true to my prior predictions that the winner of sorry vs malekith would take the whole tour and that's the main reason I'm picking kith here. Regardless of the hax that happened last round, Kith really outplayed sorry in the latter half of game 3 and has been a solid player with a ton of experience, so I don't doubt that he can take this tour home. Mael winning would be really cool because we would get Austrian finals, but this series is going to be an interesting watch regardless.

SoulWind vs Charmflash - Za's the best SM player out of everyone left so odds are that he's gonna take the tour; although my actual pick to take the tour is Malekith. His ability to prepare for opponents and snipe good mus has been amazing in this tour and his above average play has allowed him to secure victories against opponents that many people would pick to win over him normally. Soulwind looked really good earlier in the tour, but I'm a bit unsure as to how he's played in the last couple rounds hence why I picked this matchup the way I did.

Sorry wanted me to post some shoutouts on his behalf.
“My biggest and most important shoutout goes to Eternam . Building without you isn't as fun as it otherwise and I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did in ost without you. Whether we were talking about bringing Venomoth and memes to the finals of ost or just playing friendlies and building, you've always made playing this game a more enjoyable experience for me and honestly I wouldn't be playing pokemon right now without you. I wanted to see you succeed with me and run our way to the top of this ost, but it sucks that shit had to go down the way it did. I can't say I regret playing this game for the past two months because that would be a lie. I've participated in ost because it's the most fun and success I've had playing mons in a while and a big part of it is thanks to you. I hope we can build more, continue to play friendlies, and just have a good time because you make that possible for me. I hope to see you finally get the 3-0 you deserve in wcop and get drafted for all the team tours I know you wanna be in because you deserve it more than anyone.”
“I also wanted to shoutout another person who helped me a ton in motivating me to keep playing this game, EclipseW . After my horrible tour run i wasn't really playing ost to win but i started playing alotta friendlies with him and all our games were extremely competitive and the game started to be fun for me again. throughout the tour he's done nothing but be a nice dude who helps me test for hours on end when i need it and talk about the fundamentals of the game with me so we could both improve. def a solid player who i believe can do well in tours and i hope to see him thrive in the community in the near future. I really do enjoy our talks about mindsets and risk vs reward and the likes because it always allows me to look at the game in a different way and honestly its probably the reason I've improved so much between snake and ost. Can't wait to see you do big things bro just keep playin and you'll get there.”
"I also want to give shoutouts to obii , blunder , Analytic and KingKdot for helping me get over the nerves I had after my snake and olt runs. Part of the reason I didn't want to play was because I didn't think I'd ever get over my nerves, but you four kept hyping me up and telling me I'll do fine. Even though I didn't win I'm glad I got to talk to you guys throughout my ost run and learn more about the game. You've been a big help and I hope to play with you in future tours and hopefully learn a lot more from you guys."
"I wanna shoutout LL here. I know people still think you're a meme and people tell me to not support you but the fact of the matter is you've done nothing but help me. Whether it's correcting my spelling and grammar when I wanna make a post on forums, volunteering to contact my opps this ost, or even helping me appeal my smogon ban, you're always trying to help me out. Honestly, I feel like you'd be a great teammate for a team tour since I feel like the aspect you enjoy the most when playing this game is prep and building. I hope to see you finally outgrow your meme status and get drafted for snake this year."
"Shoutouts Hayburner mannnnn it's been a long ride with you buddy. Pretty sure i met you after you haxed me in a tour and I don't remember how or why I wasn't mad because back then I'd get heated, but we just started talking a lot and became great friends. I’ll always remember when we used to ladder and how you're the og creator of fast zap back in early sm. I love how you’re one of the few people who always makes me laugh while playing this game which makes it a lot easier to bear when I'm getting haxed or not playing well. Probably my closest friend on here for the longest time and after seeing you get snubbed out of a Canada spot last year I hope to see you play in wcop this year because I know you're capable and understand the game better than a lot of people I know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)