Official Smogon Tournament XIII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
ben gay (G2) vs Malekith (G1, G3)

Malekith has been nothing but on fire. He has been pit against some really tough opponents so far and come out on top. His level of play has been exceptionally high and he has a good sense of when to up the ante in terms of his plays (see: aim vs. Malekith). He gets a bit one dimensional with teams sometimes, and ben gay will definitely be looking to exploit this. Ben gay will try to win this series based off matchup because Malekith is equal, if not better, in terms of play. Will say this though, I expect Ben to close it out in 2 if he wins G1 so it'll be really crucial for Malekith to take the first game or he'll be in all kinds of trouble.

ABR (G1, G3) vs Iloveleague (G2)

ABR comes off the back of a shaky showing vs 100 Hoes while league comes off an "upset" vs Poek. Momentum-wise it's fair to say league has the edge but ABR has the Midas touch atm and is able to get a stroke of luck when called upon. In terms of level of play I'd give league the edge because he is more ballsy than ABR, and I think he will be able to exploit the more defensive approach of ABR by pinning him into tough spots with aggressive doubles at crucial moments. ABR will be looking to shut out any chance of this happening by bringing teams that won't give league the liberty to take such risks, he has shown in the past how effective he can be at doing this and I experienced it first-hand when we played in R6. ABR is also very good at hax management, and I think it is likelier for league to tilt if he gets lucked. Expect this to be a very solid and close series overall

ben gay vs Malekith - Preparation is key, but I think Malekith has what it takes to beat the almighty ben gay.
ABR vs ILoveleague - My boy league is just to skill of a player. Only way he loses if ABR haxes his way to victory as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)