Smogon Tournament #13
as you continue along in this tournament there is one thing i would like to impart. in all endeavors of life, be they small things such as a pokemon tournament or large ones such as your career, you should act with complete and utter sincerity. those of you whom have come this far have something in common, skill in combination with passion for your craft. i applaud this, i'm proud of all of you, because your efforts speak to the sincerity and genuineness of your hearts.
hold on to this feeling, this passion, this drive. apply it not only to this game, not only to school, not only to work, but to all things which you attempt. if you do then i promise you will wake up each morning feeling as if the world itself is at your feet. good luck.
- This is a standard SM OU tournament.
- The tournament will be single elimination.
- Players will play a best of three series of games each round.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
- Baton Pass Clause: Check this thread.
- Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.
Activity Win Request I contacted my opponent on the 27th, one day after the round was posted and told him my timezone. He responded on the 30th but did not indicate his timezone. I replied back asking for a timezone on the 1st of December, and he never replied. On the 7th, I VMed him again asking whether he could battle on the weekend, and yet again he didn't respond. I deserve the activity win because my opponent ignored my attempts to schedule our battles.
Timer Clause will be strictly enforced for this tournament. This means that the normal disconnection rules found in the Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and Information thread do not apply. If a player disconnects and does not reconnect to their battle before the timer expires, they lose that particular game. This doesn't necessarily mean they lose the entire set.
If a ban occurs during the Round 7, it won't affect the tournament until its next round. Also extensions are until Wednesday at 11:59 EST, as always.
Esteemed SPL Host Ginku vs ABR
Wheitron vs (Gene Sp vs Lord Outrage)
Iloveleague vs ez
Hybuyn vs 100 Hoes Kaido
aim vs Malekith
(Gondra vs Mazar) vs JayStaice
njnp vs Poek
ben gay vs taxi driver
Deadline The deadline for Round 7 will be 11:59 PM EST on the 9th of April, 2017. Any matches not played by this time will be coin flipped unless one or both players have submitted a request for an activity win. (Just as a side note, if you wanna dodge a flip, make SURE to put in the appropriate amount of effort to schedule!!)
If you wish to contact the Tournaments Directors about this tournament, shoot them a PM via >>this link<<.
Thanks to Zracknel for the amazing logo!
The prize money for this years winner is $200!