Official Smogon Tournament XII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #12

Welcome to this year's Official Smogon Tournament, the twelfth installment of one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments. The OST is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions in tournaments and has crowned many great Pokemon players as its champions across four generations. Over the next few months, hundreds of players will compete to the best of their ability as they attempt to join the exclusive ranks of the OST trophy holders. Only one of those players will succeed in their journey and earn the recognition that comes with their victory, along with the iconic OST trophy.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to read the following thread: Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and General Information

This year, we will also have a cash prize! The winner of the tournament wins a hundred (100) US Dollars, provided generously by Pokémon Showdown. The winner will get contacted about the details of the money transfer after the tournament is completed.

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. This will later change to a best of five format when there's 16 players remaining, requiring a player to win three games to complete the set. Players are allowed to switch teams completely between games, or use the same team, it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Specific Rules
  • This is a standard ORAS OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round, changing to a best of five series when 16/24 players remain in the tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If both players agree, matches may also be played on Pokemon Online.

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use Swagger in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Check this thread.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

Activity Win Request

I contacted my opponent on the 27th, one day after the round was posted and told him my timezone. He responded on the 30th but did not indicate his timezone. I replied back asking for a timezone on the 1st of December, and he never replied. On the 7th, I VMed him again asking whether he could battle on the weekend, and yet again he didn't respond. I deserve the activity win because my opponent ignored my attempts to schedule our battles.

If you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, you may submit your teams in a Private Message to me (Isa) on Smogon before your games are played. If a disconnect happens and teams were submitted, post the replay in the thread and the circumstances that surrounded the disconnection, and I will be able to give you a call on how we proceed.

Playing before the prediction tour occured
You may play before the prediction tournament is up but try not to announce the result of your games before it actually get posted. In case you would play, the result wouldn't be altered anyway.

If a ban occurs during the current round, it won't affect the tournament until its next round.

Pairings
Make sure to double check if you're there just in case there is a typo in your username.

1/2 games played

(Quaggster vs KratosMana) vs njnp
Weegah vs Newrof

Deadline

The deadline for extended games from Round 9 will be 23:59 CEST (GMT+2) / 17:59 EDT (GMT-4) on the 27th April, 2016.
The deadline for Round 9 will be 23:59 CEST (GMT+2) / 17:59 EDT (GMT-4) on the 1st of May, 2016.

Sets are Bo5.

Thanks to Zracknel for the amazing logo!

Last edited by a moderator:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
(Quaggster vs KratosMana) vs njnp- this match is the real finals
Weegah vs Newrof- I expect to see Tele's rmt from xy in this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)