Official Smogon Tournament XII - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost vs Googly because he asked for an activity win. What a brave and valiant player. Some things have to be said first, but I understand your desire to pass this round.
He didn't warn me that he couldn't play the weekend, obv on my side I missed the time scheduled due to unexpected due to my REAL life and to a gmt almost impossible for my day routine (+13 lol)
Good luck for the rest of the tournament but remember that you can not always ask for the activity win lol and fuck your ditto stall, next time fight me
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-299080133

Last edited:
Activity Win Request My opponent has avoided me since the beginning, he didn't show up at the date we planned and he said he had a family problem, this can happen so he told me if I wanted to play last week's saturday or sunday. I told him I wanted to play on a precise date and hour but he didn't reply since that day.

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
Activity post, we scheduled for today and he wasn't here, check my PP.

Some more days can be nice , but, if it's impossible, I ask the win.

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
My opponent is nowhere to be found and has been inactive for almost these two weeks long, so asking for the activity win.

My opponant messaged me Friday if we still could play the last battle in the weekend, I said Sunday is fine. I have been on for like 8 hours but he is still not here neither he messaged me so. I call activity yet again.

contacted opponent a week ago, hasn't replied to my messages yet
posting activity
wtf, i replied, you gave me an hour, I went on, you weren't and i waited for you all week so you give me another time, don't say lame stuff so you get the win lol

If I were to get out of such a serious tournament then it'd be the way it was during my games vs Dilwar, I had so much fun and I didn't feel alive while playing mons in such a serious way in a long time, good games man and good luck in the future rounds.

Shoutouts to my bro UmPM, we built and tested a lot since we took this tour quite seriously and it's ironic how we both lost at the same round. Thanks for being one of the best friends I met in this website.
thanks dude we will make it next time :]

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Requesting Extension

I vm'd shoka on the 15th with my timezone and general availability. shoka responded the same day saying we can just play on the weekend. I gave him my timeframe for the weekend on monday this week, and shoka suggested 5 pm gmt+1 (11 am my time, gmt-5) on either saturday or sunday. I responded the same day (Tuesday) that i wasn't sure on my schedule at the time, so i'd get back to him.

I left him a message on friday saying that a tennis practice had been scheduled for that time on saturday, so we'd have to play sunday. In the same message I told him that I'd prefer if we could play a a bit later than the time he gave me for sunday since i wasn't exactly sure if i could play at 11 am (my time). Yesterday Morning (in my time reference) he said we will play sunday, so I asked him what times would work (as a follow up to my previous message asking if there were any other times he could play on sunday).

I received a response at 5 AM (my time, so 11 am his time) saying "10pm or 11pm my time ?". I responded with

"No that won't work, remember when i said that i would be unavailable from 3:30 to 7 pm my time earlier in this vm chain? That corresponds to 9:30 PM - 1 AM your time. You said 5 PM GMT+1, which is 11 AM for me (in 20 minutes from now), but what i was asking if you would be available to play like an hour or two hours after that time or not",

the purpose of which was to clarify my earlier statement that I would be unavailable at that time and to re-state that 11 am might work, but if shoka had room to start a bit later that would be good for me. He has not responded since then, after I left 2 more messages trying to figure out when we could play.

At this point I pretty much have to leave soon as I said earlier so we can't play now, and then when I come back home it will be past 1 am for shoka (doubt he's online then) and I also have to get my spl match done + irl stuff. I would not be surprised if shoka does end up coming online in a few hours but I won't be there then to play as I've said from the very start.

I think we both showed that we intend to get the match done, so any activity decision would not only be undesirable but also wouldn't make much sense. A coinflip would be even worse, i'm sure neither shoka or I want that at all. Hence why i'm requesting an extension. It would mean that we would play during the week, and since I don't have school on tuesday, this can resolve the issue of school + timezone differences that would force shoka to play late at night.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Requesting extension for me and Alexander., our time zones are pretty messed and we kept missing each other on smogtours, we should be able to get it done within the next couple of days though

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+LighTz911: hi i dont think i can play for the ost
+LighTz911: just take the win
+CrashinBoomBang: okay man
+CrashinBoomBang: np

Requesting extension for me and Alexander., our time zones are pretty messed and we kept missing each other on smogtours, we should be able to get it done within the next couple of days though
confirming, altho the games have to happen b4 next friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)