Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
It seems like this tour might be remembered as either "the one Bloo tried to hijack" or "the one that kicked off the bp discussion". You pretty much dominated the tour while staying scrupulously clean of Style issues or thinly veiled ghosting accusations, do you feel a bit resentful people might not remember your surprising (except to pttp) run for the performance it was?

Which opponent of the style-bracket did you fear most ?
How do You prepare for your games?
Besides congrats

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Is this an AMA?
This is nothing compared to receiving an American Music Award. I'd be thanking God, the Lord Jesus Christ himself, Buddhas, Allah, and of course, my mom, in my acceptance speech, otherwise.
What's your favorite kind of sandwich, and what bread do you think goes best with it?
Pork belly with mixed pickled vegetables. A baguette would go best with it.
Where did you get that avatar?
Google's Images. Don't look up Bible Black at work or in public; it's not safe. You've been warned.
What do you think of the current ORAS OU metagame?
It's fun and competitive. And is only second to DPP OU. The match-up bs is just a buncha baloney.
Are you a boy or a girl?
I'm a black woman trapped in an Asian guy's body. Also a part-time female impersonator. Gotta make them dollas to pay phone bills and Internet access for Smogon y'all.
It seems like this tour might be remembered as either "the one Bloo tried to hijack" or "the one that kicked off the bp discussion". You pretty much dominated the tour while staying scrupulously clean of Style issues or thinly veiled ghosting accusations, do you feel a bit resentful people might not remember your surprising (except to pttp) run for the performance it was?
This tournament will be remembered as one of the most entertaining OSTs ever thanks in part to the Style drama and the drawn out bracket recreation. I've always been viewed as an underdog or a bad player on here; it's not news to me. I exceeded my own expectation by winning it all, and I have the trophy under my name to show for it. The real resentment comes from some of the "IDM" users trying to discredit my victory. I understand they were rooting for their friend and got emotional when a decisive game 3 ended the way it did, especially after two hard fought matches. That's perfectly fine. I took a huge risk bringing that team, and I am proud of it.
Which opponent of the style-bracket did you fear most?
I didn't fear any of them. I was wary of Style, however. Who wouldn't be?
How do You prepare for your games?
Look up my opponents' replays, if they're available to view. Ladder as much as I can with the teams I plan on using. You always think your teams look hot until you come across something that totally craps on it. So the more you solidify your teams, the more comfortable and confident you'll feel entering a match. I also have Enya playing in the background during game time to soothe my nerves.
Besides congratulation
Thank you.
No more personal questions please. Anything you want to know about ORAS OU, Smogon, or this OST, I'd gladly answer them. :)

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Why didn't you use hail?
I didn't want to get eliminated in the opening rounds. ORAS OU is not DPP OU or BW UU, buddy.
Weren't you the UU Queen? How come you won this OU tournament?
It's like a switch. I can turn it back on and reclaim my status as Smogon's best UU player at any time. I was extremely depressed when my red trophy got grayed out, so I wanted to win a permanent and more colorful one.

For being the first OST I've had the pleasure of experiencing from the sidelines it was quite the spectacle. Even with all the scheming in the background it was quite a ride. Congrats all around to WhiteQueen and Blunder for an amazing set of games in this OST. I myself an quite interested in that Forretress+Bulky Serperior(Assault Vest?) Rain team you used in G2. Even if it's not covered in depth I'd just like to see how it works for curiousity's sake.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
Please state for the record who your biggest fan is.
The one and only blarajan. Let's get that blue trophy.
For being the first OST I've had the pleasure of experiencing from the sidelines it was quite the spectacle. Even with all the scheming in the background it was quite a ride. Congrats all around to WhiteQueen and Blunder for an amazing set of games in this OST. I myself an quite interested in that Forretress+Bulky Serperior(Assault Vest?) Rain team you used in G2. Even if it's not covered in depth I'd just like to see how it works for curiousity's sake.
An ORAS OU rain team is the epitome of the kill or be killed playstyle. My rain team is no different, except it's equipped with a defensive core to have something to fall back on. Forretress not only sets up Rocks and Toxic Spikes, but it also removes opposing hazards while maintaining momentum with Volt Turn. Together with an Assault Vest Tornadus-T, I have a sturdy defensive core capable of switching into most threats. Rain teams ironically are weak against Water-types, so Assault Vest Serperior is a nice fit; it threatens powerhouses like Manaphy, Keldeo, and Azumarill, all the while maintaining my team's offensiveness and is one of my win conditions.

Forrestress @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
248HP/8Def/252Sp.Def
---
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Volt Switch

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
8HP/248Sp.Attk/252Spe
---
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Fire
Giga Drain

Last edited:
the queen likes enya?! fk yeah... you said no more personal questions but pls forgive me for asking what your favorite song by her is

I agree that oras ou is already a very good tier but what would you ban to further improve it?

how would you describe your affinity with serperior?

I remember watching and playing you on dpp ladder on 2011, you had that team of forre/star/gyara/aboma/cursetar. I have a feeling you alternated some lasts besides the celebi whose set I can't remember (obvious one being rotom but I very vaguely recall spiritomb zapdos or sdef tran... I think) although I remember playing limitless who was also using it and the lack of a rock resist made him dislike my cbtar very much. anyway do you still have that team? haven't seen you use it in a hell of a long time

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
the queen likes enya?! fk yeah... you said no more personal questions but pls forgive me for asking what your favorite song by her is
One of the best things in life is being submerged in a hot tub full of bubbles with Enya's lullabies playing in the background.

I agree that oras ou is already a very good tier but what would you ban to further improve it?

I think it's in a very good state right now actually; there's nothing that I would ban. Calm Mind Clefable is nowhere near as cancerous as BW's Reuniclus. So many things check it--Scizor, Metagross, Excadrill, Venusaur, etc. Not sure why some people complain about it.

how would you describe your affinity with serperior?

I fell in love with Serperior immediately after blasting the first Leaf Storm. Poor Abomasnow has been cheated on at least 1,000 times since. Serperior is just so easy to slap into just about any team, and its sets, moves, and items could be customized to fit whatever your team needs. It's one sassy looking boss too. I'm in love.

I remember watching and playing you on dpp ladder on 2011, you had that team of forre/star/gyara/aboma/cursetar. I have a feeling you alternated some lasts besides the celebi whose set I can't remember (obvious one being rotom but I very vaguely recall spiritomb zapdos or sdef tran... I think) although I remember playing limitless who was also using it and the lack of a rock resist made him dislike my cbtar very much. anyway do you still have that team? haven't seen you use it in a hell of a long time

Wow, 2011? Glad I made an impression lol. It's still one of my go-to DPP teams, and one of my favorites to use. Just made a few minor changes since. Replaced Curse TTar with ScarfTar, gave Starmie more Speed and removed Thunderbolt for Psychic to deal with Breloom better, as it's also a headache for this team to deal with. As you said, CBTar (any variants of Tyranitar actually) wrecks this team. Mixed Jirachi is also a major pain to play around. It has a good win rate, otherwise.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as how you were mostly silent during the whole style fiasco, WhiteQueen, what were your thoughts about style as a whole during her ost run? Did you believe the masses when they were accusing her of being bloo? There are probably shit tons of other questions, but I mostly want ot hear your thoughts on the fiasco as a whole.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
Seeing as how you were mostly silent during the whole style fiasco, WhiteQueen, what were your thoughts about style as a whole during her ost run? Did you believe the masses when they were accusing her of being bloo? There are probably shit tons of other questions, but I mostly want ot hear your thoughts on the fiasco as a whole.
After witnessing Style swept Bluwing with a Cotton Guard Altaria and Work Up Pidgeot, I was both amused and amazed. I thought Style was one sexy player and didn't really have any suspicion about her. The same thing then happened to BKC the following round, that was when my eyes started rolling. There's no way anyone, not even Jesus himself, could have that kind of match-ups and made such impeccable plays. Right then and there I knew something was fishy going on. I didn't know who Style could possibly be at that point, but I knew it was most certainly someone's alt. As a Pokemon fan, I still had a sliver of hope that maybe Style was just that lucky and good. Who knows? I honestly wanted to be paired up against her to find out for myself. Then the same thing happened to rh156. Everything posted here and all the logs and rumors flying around, they all just added up, and I was 99% sure Style was indeed Bloo (and some other unspecified users helping her out).

Bloo was still an admin then, and she was hosting this tournament. I wasn't dumb enough to make any accusations about her, so I kept quiet. I know how to pick my battles. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)