Official Smogon Tournament X - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Smogon Tournament #10

Welcome to this year's Official Smogon Tournament, the tenth installment of one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments. The OST is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions in tournaments and has crowned many great Pokemon players as its champions across three generations. Over the next few months, hundreds of players will compete to the best of their ability as they attempt to join the exclusive ranks of the OST trophy holders. Only one of those players will succeed in their journey and earn the recognition that comes with their victory, along with the iconic OST trophy.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to read the following thread: Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and General Information

Specific Rules
  • This is a standard XY OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! If both players agree, matches may also be played on Pokemon Online 2.

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: We are changing the rules for activity / coin flip decisions for this tournament. In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

Activity Win Request

I contacted my opponent on the 27th, one day after the round was posted and told him my timezone. He responded on the 30th but did not indicate his timezone. I replied back asking for a timezone on the 1st of December, and he never replied. On the 7th, I VMed him again asking whether he could battle on the weekend, and yet again he didn't respond. I deserve the activity win because my opponent ignored my attempts to schedule our battles.

If you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

Timer Clause will be strictly enforced for this tournament. This means that the normal disconnection rules found in the Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and Information thread do not apply. If a player disconnects and does not reconnect to their battle before the timer expires, they lose that particular game. This doesn't necessarily mean they lose the entire best-of-three set.

Substitutions
Players may sign up as a substitute if they either didn't join in time or their posts in the signups thread were deleted. If you are eliminated from the tournament (i.e. you lose your games, are substituted out, or drop out), you may not sign up as a substitute. I will endeavor to substitute players in whenever a player drops out, and one week before the Round 1 deadline, I will look through all players and activity win requests and replace any inactive players with substitutes. There is a very high chance that you will get to play if you sign up as a substitute. Substitutes will only be allowed into the tournament during Round 1. Substitutes will be implemented on a mostly first come, first serve basis, but if you are inactive after you sign up as a substitute then I will not substitute you into the tournament.

Playing before the prediction tour occured
You may play before the prediction tournament is up but try not to announce the result of your games before it actually get posted. In case you would play, the result wouldn't be altered anyway.

If a ban occurs during the Round 2, it won't affect the tournament until its next round.
Also, if you notice any error made in the pairings (because I missbolded your name in Round 1 for example), please notice me as soon as possible.

Pairings
Make sure to double check if you're there just in case there is a typo in your username. Also, just in case there would be any confusions, Hugendugen actually made the pairings.

Seevea vs Fuzznip
KingDragonite00
vs srk1214
makiri
vs Darkmin93
Get Backer vs Srn9130
Labyrinthine
vs Fiction.
Mr. Perry
vs Chase
Sync- vs Joim
SilentVerse vs Bloo
.Robert
vs Freddie Gibbs
macle vs Sayonara
Sapientia vs zfs
PttP vs Juanpa
Usatoday
vs SnowCristal!
Lunar.
vs The Wolf
fhugwigads
vs Jcpdragonx
Haruno
vs Robert Alfons
JSND vs Problems
DerDomme vs Morpheus
Conflict vs Raichy
-Manu- vs Myzozoa
TGMD
vs The Quasar
-Tsunami-
vs Honor
lukw1010
vs Biosci
WasSollDas vs Rayzark
Colchonero vs Laga
Ojama vs sebixxl
Lizardons
vs Tokyo Tom
Wonder_
vs Lasagne
Cristal vs Rudy
PDC
vs Double01
Plus vs ATH
Sheks
vs Knight of Cydonia
CTC
vs SOMALIA
Meridian
vs Golden Sun
~GreenCore vs FLCL
Boudouche
vs CF6
Asterat
vs TheFourthChaser
Philip7086 vs yan[sogeking]
BAIKA vs Swamp Link
Ajwf
vs llvallejoll
Rockhp31 vs Playa
Picollo
vs Darkdiglett
Moonclawz
vs shartruce2
undisputed vs SJCrew
gr8astard vs GuglioM
DracoMalfoy vs BKC
SwagSandwich vs RODAN
Remedy
vs majaspic22
RockyRd vs aim
Exeggutive vs lily
LonelyNess vs Wepwnemeon
Sparko
vs Royalty
Based
vs TV-Rocka
joshe vs Nysyr
Subject 18 vs Alf'
Grey Knight
vs Ry V
ShootingStarmie
vs Dice
Steve Angello vs LatiosPro
E-ShenLong
vs BROStime
MiloticRaichy
vs DarkSora.
BahaWin
vs Qwilphish
Hakumen
vs McBarrett
M Dragon vs MAlkaviano
reyscarface
vs Pako
Typhlito vs coolbiz
DetroitLolcat
vs McMeghan
zorbees
vs rpryor03
vileman
vs Se7en Lions
Bad Ass vs JabbaTheGriffin
Fusxfaranto vs Illuminase
EnerG218
vs B-Lulz
HBK
vs yondie
Agnaktor
vs Ace Emerald
red97
vs chimpact
Enguarde
vs The Hitman
Choice Specs vs Merritt
MikeDecIsHere
vs Sinclair
Scene
vs el poeta
Mew
vs Own3y
idiotfrommars vs Lohgock
Ginku
vs lokt
Malekith
vs Laurel
GatoAjato vs Aurora
Shiny Sparks
vs New Breed
Nelson vs rotations
Edgar vs 6A9 Ace Matador
Nachos vs CyberOdin
J O G A vs Mario With Lasers
Lustiger Lega
vs Vinc2612
Oglemi vs Atticus
C05ta
vs Papiluche
ssbbm vs Shoot
-Frexa- vs Marshall.Law
ZoroDark vs kd24
Kushalos
vs Valentine
Kid Buu
vs nadav69
HSA ♥ vs Kojes
Cicada
vs Kevin Garrett
Homeslice vs Prague Kick
Reiku
vs RigoFTW
Arcticblast
vs tennisace
sugarhigh vs dragonuser
badabing vs Thatsjustpeachy
Ciele vs dcae
Erick17
vs Agammemnon
Pridy
vs Heist
MarceloDK
vs D4RR3N
Steven Snype vs Wyvern56
Zebraiken
vs Stathakis
The Immortal
vs lapras6666
Shoka
vs Foster
cbt
vs emboar rises
NightFox
vs Antibiotic
Lady Salamence vs Pr0man
Outrageous Fortune vs pokebasket
drcossack vs d0nut
Destinyunknown vs ModestGarchomp
Dxs vs Dekzeh
CrashinBoomBang vs Marth
Ash Borer
vs Luis Henrique
Delta 2777
vs Masterclass
Tesung
vs kokoloko
moonbase
vs SoulWind
bobbyvaporeon
vs Lady Gaga
blarajan vs Annoyer
Axel Rouche
vs papai noel
Danilo
vs Pocket
Cherub Agent vs Gary2346

Deadline

The deadline for Round 2 will be 17:59 EST on the 21st of February, 2014. Any matches not played by this time will be coin flipped unless one or both players have submitted a request for an activity win.

Thanks to Zracknel for the amazing logo!

Last edited:
gl dm

CTC vs SOMALIA
Philip7086 vs yan[sogeking]
Bad Ass vs JabbaTheGriffin
Malekith vs Laurel #dedication
Nachos vs CyberOdin
Oglemi vs Atticus
badabing vs Thatsjustpeachy
CrashinBoomBang
vs Marth
Delta 2777 vs Masterclass

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)