Official Smogon Doubles Tournament I - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Artwork by Blazenix
Welcome to the first edition of OSDT! This will be a single elimination, Bo3 SS Doubles OU tournament in which the winner walks away with first ever OSDT trophy
!

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams in between games, or use the same team throughout the set; it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Additionally, join our discord to discuss the tournament, ask about rules, find your opponent more easily or just to hang out!

Rules

General Tournament Rules

• This is a standard SS DOU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: Sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy may not be used in conjunction with Gravity.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax.
Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.
This year, in addition to the trophy, the winner will receive their choice of a custom avatar, claiming an inactive username on PS!, or choosing a custom color for their username on PS! courtesy of Zarel. The runner-up will be allowed to choose one of the two remaining prizes not chosen by the winner. There will also be a cash prize for this tournament, courtesy of multiple anonymous donors. The winner of this year’s Official Smogon Doubles Tournament will receive the top prize of 200 USD! Additional prizes for other top finishes may also be offered.

Substitutions

Players may sign up as a substitute if they didn't join in time. If you are eliminated from the tournament (i.e. you lose your games, are substituted out, or drop out), you may not sign up as a substitute. I will endeavor to substitute players in whenever a player drops out, and one week before the round 1 deadline, I will look through all players and activity win requests and replace any inactive players with substitutes. Given the size of the bracket this year, there might be two substitution waves. There is a very high chance that you will get to play if you sign up as a substitute. Substitutes will only be allowed into the tournament during round 1. Substitutes will be implemented on a mostly first come, first serve basis, but if you are inactive after you sign up as a substitute then you're at risk of not being substituted into the tournament.

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Here are the pairings for Round 4:

frisoeva  vs  Toxigen
kythr  vs  AuraRayquaza
no one interesting
 vs  Monsareeasy
SMB  vs  EviGaro
MalMoonsault  vs  Qwello Lee
Tricking
 vs  devin
Eonito  vs  JRL
Hys  vs  sawamura
Mishimono
 vs  Borghi
txitxas  vs  Shadowmonstr7
QWILY
 vs  ExtremeHD
Nido-Rus  vs  Yellow Paint
SingleThunder  vs  Memoric
Alpha Rabbit  vs  Yoda2798
Z Strats
 vs  Paraplegic
Mukkuro  vs  crucify

Games completed: 16/16

Deadline: Sunday, July 18th @ 11:59 PM GMT-5

Last edited:

sawamura

Banned deucer.
I need a extension to friday as last extension. My Rural Zone present a Problems General with the inthenet Sorry for this. Tomorrow Come the service from my provider to Fixes this problem

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Today I will be able to play the game. Later I will be able to play without problems unless something happens. If I am not available Grandmas Cookin will take the victory because he has shown up and I have not due to serious internet problems. Same time today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)