Project Official Raidcall for PS's LC Room? (Awaiting Approval)

Would you like this Idea to be Featured and Approved by LC Room's Staff?

• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I don't think it's necessary.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello good evening everyone, my name is Haz3. I'm a Pokemon Showdown player and i'm a LC tier main, some people have seen me in the LC room chatting and giving random opinions, i try to be online wherever i can, and plan to stay a while in this game.

Today i wanted to make a suggestion, i figured i would look for something to contribute to the community with, and the first thing i was able to note is that the LC Community could experience a different way of interacting with each other, while there's nothing wrong in just typing through the chat, this project suggestion might make some user's community experience better.

You see, there's more ways to communicate with other users, more than just typing, and then voice communication came to mind.

RaidCall is a free to use massive user platform, that allows its users to create rooms that can hold up to 300 people in the same space, as i stated before, this lets users interact differently with each other, letting you be able to speak with anyone at any time using your microphone.

I took the bother to create a Raidcall Room for PS's LC Room, the room is intended to be administrated by the chatroom's staff, and used by anyone that feels like communicating through a microphone, the room features capacity to up to 300 users online, different sections for users to use, a user friendly interface, while the program itself is light and runs smoothly alongside Pokemon Showdown.

Now you might say, why should we use RaidCall over other software such as Skype / Team Speak / Ventrilo?

Skype is a really great voice conversation software, but skype is limited in capacity, the conference calls can't have more than a limited (usually low) ammount of participants without the conversation crashing on some users and in general it doesn't fit well with a community this big. The latter mentioned are also possible choices, but Team Speak & Ventrilo require a paid membership in order to host a room in their platform, something that's not necessary to use RaidCall.

So enough with the jibber jabber, here's some relevant information:

What requirements do you need to be able to join the channel?

Ok, i installed RaidCall. What do i do now?

• Login Your Account.
  • Look for the Group's ID in the upper left "Search" space.
  • Input the Group ID: 12292838
  • Double Click on the Group's Name.
  • Have Fun.

And that's pretty much all you need in order to join, as i stated before if the staff thinks this is a good idea, and would like to have control of the room, feel free to PM me through these forums, or through the LC Room Chat, i'll give you all the access you need to properly moderate the channel as well as provide of any feedback you might need in order to use the platform efficiently.

Sorry for the long walls of text, looking forward to your opinion.

Haz3.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, I'm on mobile right now but I'll address this real quick. There is a lot of LC Skype discussion and if you'd like to add me on there and chat about it, my username's: nopeanuts4me

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this UNLESS it becomes a platform for dropping Skype names which I'd be fine with.

Stick around in LC bro

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's a great idea but we already use Skype and Discord for our off-site discussion. Also, while I do appreciate the contribution, please get in contact with either myself, macle, or Mambo first before posting threads in this sub-forum. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)