Project Official National Dex Room Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
approved by Jho

art pending

In order to celebrade the National Dex room becoming public, the Room Staff decided to make a special project special to the room to help promote activity and invite more users to the room. As a result, every day, the National Dex Room Staff will be hosting three official room tournaments in the room on Pokémon Showdown!. Everyone is welcome to join these tournaments, and you can part. These tournaments are hosted live using the PS tournaments plugin, so you can't sign up ahead of time to reserve a spot. Just make sure to be there on time.

At the end of each month, whoever has the most leaderboard score on the Scrappie leaderboard will receive a Room Prize Winner (^) rank!

Q&A

Q: When will these be happening?
A:
There will be three tournaments at three times:
  • 08:00 UTC (8:00 AM GMT +0 or 4:00 AM GMT-4)
  • 09:00 UTC (9:00 AM GMT +0 or 5:00 AM GMT-4)
  • 17:00 UTC (5:00 PM GMT+0 or 1:00 PM GMT-4)
  • 22:00 UTC (10:00 PM GMT+0 or 6:00 PM GMT-4)
  • 23:00 UTC (11:00 PM GMT+0 or 7:00 PM GMT-4)
If you notice that it's time for one of the official tournaments but none has started, make sure to highlight a room staff member (users with a %, @, or # in front of their name).

Q: What do I get for participating?
A:
You get the chance to win Room Prize Winner (^) rank in the room at the end of every month.

Q: Who can participate?
A:
Anyone, including people who already have a room rank.

Q: Am I 100% guaranteed the Room Prize Winner (^) rank?
A:
Yes. This rank doesn't get any actual powers, so there's no loss in promoting someone to it.

Q: So.... What's the point of this thread?
A:
The purpose of this thread is to both announce that these tournaments are starting and to serve as a hall of fame and announcement megathread.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Milo

I'm Your Man
Hall of Fame

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi everyone! First, a few updates.

Last month, a new rank was introduced that the National Dex staff team has decided will fit the purpose of these tournaments better. With that said, from this month forward, the winners will get Room Prize Winner (^) rank instead of Room Voice (+). Additionally, we are working on an optimized schedule for our subroom, National Dex OMs, which will be announced soon, where people can earn Room Prize Winner as well. Continuing on, here are this month's Prize Winners:

Congrats to sigmatecture (peapod c) for placing first on the room leaderboard in National Dex for September 2020, and congrats to Derpeddeath for placing first on the room leaderboard in National Dex OMs for September 2020!

Good luck to everyone during the month of October!

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Congrats to MortalityI for placing first on the room leaderboard for National Dex in January!

Good luck to everyone in March!

Milo

I'm Your Man
Congratulations to @capital cruiser for placing first on the room leaderboard for National Dex in April!

Good luck to everyone in May!

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
Congratulations to Weaselfie for placing first on the room leaderboard for National Dex in May

Good luck to everyone in June!

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
Congratulations to @pooblemaster945 for placing first on the room leaderboard for National Dex in June

Good luck to everyone in July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)