offensive sun team

this is the first team that I have posted so I am open to criticism or any ideas on changes for the team
That being said, this team has been incredibly successful with well over a 90% win rate and I have lurked for a long time so i do kinda know what I'm doing

Sunny D (Ninetales) Leftovers
Ability: Drought Timid Nature
252 Hp/120 Def/ 136 Spe

Role: Sun Support

-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp
-Substitute
-Pain Split

The problem with the sun is that ninetales is weak against all the other weather guys except Abomnosnow so I went with support ninetales to give him some more longevity for weather wars. His physical Evs and speed let him cripple opposing tyranitar or hippowdon with a burn before switching out. his main role on the team is simply to survive until the weather war is won so against non weather teams he is the best choice for sleep fodder. Heatran is a hard check

Bambi (Sawsbuck) Life orb
Ability: Clorophyll Jolly Nature
40 Hp/216 Atk/212 Spe

Role: Clorophyll Sweeper
-Horn Leech
-Return
-Nature Power (Earthquake)
-Swords Dance

This guy is a straight up beast in the sun. After a +2 boost there is little that can stand up to him and nothing that will outspeed him unboosted. The hp lets him avoid OHKO from ice shard abomnosnow, cloyster or donphan while getting life back from horn leech. He is still not extremely bulky and is exposed to priority Stab Mach punch and scixor can 2HKO with bullet punch as well so i try to bring down any priority users before going for a sweep

Mothera (Volcarona) Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body Bold Nature
252 Hp/@252 Def/ 4 Spd

Role: Set-up Tank
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz

The absolute definition of bulky set-up sweeper. Simply switch him in on one of his resistances and start throwing up quiver dances and roosting off damage. this guy can set up on countless common threats, including scizor, non toxic variants of heatran, jellicent, ferrothorn etc. The only status he fears is toxic posion as paralysis speed drops dont hurt too badly with his bulk. After a couple of quiver dances he truly can decimate opposing teams and has practically no counters barring a whirlwind from a sturdy skarmory.

Patrick (Cloyster) @Kings Rock
Ability: Skill Link Adamant nature
4Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe

Role: Spin Support

-Rapid Spin
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast

I use him as a suprise spinner. Most people expect him to be a set up sweeper (which he still kind of is), but his number one role is to spin away hazards. great defences let him switch in on many physical attackers or against support pokemon to give him a spin. In the right circumstances, he is also very capable of sweeping and the kings rock gives close to a 50% flinch rate on icicle spear and rock blast. Number one piority is to spin off hazards while forcing switches, but he can be hard to stop once he gets going either way.

Mustache (Jellicent) Leftovers
Ability: Water absorb Bold nature
252 Hp/224 Def/ 32 Spd

Role: Mixed wall

-Shadow ball
-Giga drain
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

This is my main wall on the team to check the conkledurrs and scizors of the world along with multitude of other threats. The burns on physical attackers makes him agreat physical wall while his natural special bulk is his other great factor. Best option for choice spec politoed and also keldeo. Shadow ball is the primary stab while hp electric deals with the water types he walls. (Giga Drain can also work but i was missing a fairly reliable electric move on my team) Scald is forfeited due to the lowered power in the sun

Eeyore (terrakion) @choice scarf
Ability: Justified Jolly Nature
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/252 spe

Role: Revenge killer/ late game cleaner

-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

this guy dopes exactly what he is supposed to. Outspeeds basically everything outside of the sun and wrecks them with his high power attacks. Close combat and stone edge are the primary attacks while x-scissor is used for psychic types. Honestly, i hardly ever use earthquake, but every once and a while it does come in handy and is useful if i cant afford a miss with stone edge on a fire type.

This team has been absolutely outstanding in practice and works exactly as it is intended. the number one priority of the team is to win the weather war before anything can really get going but once i do it becomes very diffucult to stop. Out side of weather advantage i can still get wins, but it beecomes a far more difficult proposition. Most of the pokemon on the team hit hard enough that i never really miss entry hazards. sawsbuck is the main sweeper, but volcarona, cloyster or even terrakion can pull one off as well under the right circumstnaces

threats in no particular order

-Heatran- absorbs fire attacks and counters ninetales completely
-Chandalure- Same reason
-Conkeldurr- i try to avoid burning it because of guts. My only reliable counter is jellicent
-venusaur- I dont really have any checks other than outspeeding it with sawsbuck or hoping trying to get volcarona boosted enough to wall it
-anything with prankster- the status really hurts alot of my team and i dont have a cleric to heal them
-Dragonit- when multiscale is up its hard for anything other than cloyster to deal with it. i usually try to burn it ASAP

thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any suggestions

Hi , i like the fact that your sets and your spreads are well worked but there are is some room for improvement ,

first i think that you should move the 120 defensive evs of ninetales to special defense so it can switch on scald or even heavier water attack like if they where nothing,it also works so you deal with rain teams much easier, you could also use roar on ntales as it helps with most batton pass teams and dangerous set up sweepers

Defensive volcanora is a nice addition but flamethrower is pretty much an inferior choice compared to fiery dance or even fire blast .
other than that , you have 40 evs uninvested on you sawbusk , 40+216+212 :468.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)