SS RU Offensive RU team HeraClaw

Its been a while since I played on showdown, last time I was playing the RU tier didn't exist. I only played the Meta in Gen 4, and then I came back to Showdown a couple weeks ago. So I've been trying to play a lot in this tier, and I found that I really like using Heracross and Clawitzer, so this team basically started as just those two and built up from there. This team has been quite a bit of fun, but I know it needs some touching up. Any help is appreciated!

The Coverage-Based Special Attacker
Clawitzer (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Sludge Wave

So Clawitzer was a Pokemon I wasn't even familiar with until I returned to Showdown, and I've had a blast (or a Pulse?) using him. Relatively obvious set, just a good coverage Life Orb set. Sludge Wave is super useful to deal with Fairy types that I don't have many other weapons for, and threaten some key players of the team. I'm running Water Pulse instead of Surf or another higher base power move because Mega Launcher turns it to a 90 base power move, and the confusion can be really helpful for forcing switchouts or even gaining me an extra turn. Obviously its speed is a drawback but he has come in handy for the early/mid game with solid frequency.

The Strong Muscley Pokey Bug Dude
Heracross (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Another relatively straight forward setup here. Have been able to get a few Moxie-fueled sweeps in here and there due to the good type coverage, so I'm running him as Jolly to help up the speed tier and hopefully keep that going. I'm running Earthquake because up until I recently switched out my Incineroar and put Guzzlord in, I didnt have any Ground type attacks besides Hera's EQ. So that spot is available for discussion of perhaps being switched out for another move, such as Stone Edge maybe. Also open to possibly switching to a Choice set, or even a Swords Dance set, but so far I like the Assault Vest.

The Tank
Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail

So this is the most recent addition to the team. I was running Weakness Policy Incineroar instead for the first week of this team's existence. Honestly this is the spot I'm most confused about, although I think I have found a Pokemon that fits pretty well into the structure of the team. Heavy Slam hits Fairy types, Earthquake exists almost exclusively for Copperajah, as it can be problematic for this team if Heracross is KO'd already. Dragon Tail to help get rid of set-ups and also have a good move to hit Flygon with. Assault Vest kinda helps the dainty defenses, which is helpful considering how slow Guzzlord is. Thinking of switching out the Attacks EVs for Def EVs and an Impish nature, as Beast Boost helps out enough anyway. This is the spot I'd feel most comfortable replacing with a new Mon entirely if someone has any ideas for a good fit.

The Special Sweeper
Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Scald on Raikou is amazing. I'm loving this set and honestly I've been having quite a few matches where I lead with Raikou and get 1-2 Calm Minds in and end up taking 2 or 3 of my opponents Mons out within the first 5 turns, if they tried to lead with something that was only an entry hazard lead. Good coverage, only really ever struggle with Grass types, but even those can be felled relatively easily with Shadow Ball if I can get a Calm Mind up. Used mostly for early game damage/sweeping, but also can come in clutch mid-to-late-game with a burn from Scald or even a paralysis. I've thought about running Air Balloon since it would keep me from getting touched by entry hazards, besides Stealth Rock, while it was active (I think so, at least?) and then helps keep its only weakness out of the picture for a little while.

Utilities
Togekiss (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Roost

A Utility set with Flamethrower added on simply because I don't have a Fire type move on my team now that Incineroar is gone. Heal Bell is super helpful. I *would* like to have Defog (or even Rapid Spin) somewhere on my team, and Togekiss is the only viable option for that, and Heal Bell is just too useful, I'm not running Defog for the time being. Togekiss isn't filling too many roles besides as a Heal Bell-er, a Fire type move to have on the roster, and the occasional Air Slash flinch streak. I feel like there could possibly be a better option for a new Mon here entirely as well, but I can't figure out what it is for the life of me.

The Crit Machine
Sirfetch’d (M) @ Leek
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Sirfetch'd has come in handy a number of times; whether it's the access to First Impression, the only priority move I have on the team, Poison Jab, which I have to hit most Fairy types hard, or the constant critical hits I've been landing thanks to the Leek, he's been a relatively key player. He gets crits probably around 50% of the time. Scrappy is nice to have for Doublade, and has helped out on a handful of occasions. Honestly in most of those instances it seemed like my opponent had forgotten about it. But nonetheless it's a cool ability that just helps add to the coverage.

And that's my team! I've noticed that the most consistent issues I was having type-wise were Flying types, but it's all dependent on what their secondary typing is, and whether or not I still have Raikou at my disposal. Ultimately I'd like to see maybe a little bit more options of support, possibly another priority move that I can use more than once per exposure, and maybe even a physical set-up sweeper (tempted to change Hera from Assault Vest but I'm also liking it, kinda torn tbh) so let me know what your thoughts are! Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)