Nuzlocke Challenge

that sucks, ginganinja. Always painful to loose a cartridge full of pokemon you've grown attached to.
Anyway, i'm still working on pearl, about to head to mt. coronet to kill palkia. I'll update later tonight

screw the pokemons, he just lost 30 bucks down the drain. good luck with the plat one btw.

school has being a pain in the ass lately but i will see if i can update my nuzlocke by tomorow(Even though nobody gives a damn).

Sorry, Ginganinja. Anyways, I still intend to do a Sapphire run, but I have campouts for the next two weekends, and my weekdays are consumed by writing, ASB, and homework. So, sorry about the lack of updates. Oh, and good luck on Platinum.

change of plans nuzlocke update will proberly be tommorrow or sometime after that since i have not had a chance to do anything since my ds and laptop are confiscated everynight before i go to bed thanks to my little brother always playing on his ds at night and i am at school during morning/afternoon, getting ready for school in the morning and doing homework, chores, assignments, etc, etc...... in the afternoon/night time.

I have a question about the rules for this. I'm in the middle of an emerald run and im wondering about the fossil you get. Its located in "mirage tower" so I figured since that's a different area I caught the first Trapinch that showed up. Am I allowed to use the fossil I get there if I get it revived?

I have a question about the rules for this. I'm in the middle of an emerald run and im wondering about the fossil you get. Its located in "mirage tower" so I figured since that's a different area I caught the first Trapinch that showed up. Am I allowed to use the fossil I get there if I get it revived?
That's actually an interesting question, it depends on whether you count it as your Pokemon for the tower or your Pokemon for the place you get it revived at. I would personally count it as the place where you revive the fossil since that's where you obtain the Pokemon itself (it's added to the dex etc), but it's totally up to you. Cool thing about Nuzlockes is that the rules are fairly loose; you can edit them to your liking as long as you keep the big 3 (fainting=death, 1st pokemon per route and nicknames).

Finished the battle with Roark, so expect an update whenever I can actually bring myself to type one :P

That's great. Out of the 20 pokemon I've caught so far (2 dead) not a single one is able to learn cut. It's getting annoying.

Well, I started my first ever Nuzlocke tonight on Ruby and so far everything has been going pretty smooth. Nothing too exciting yet as I'm just kinda laying the groundwork down on this team. I've played up to Rustboro and plan to tackle the gym tomorrow.

I'm following Moots rules from the first page as they seemed challenging and interesting. I'm also trying to spend minimal time grinding, though "a little" is necessary in order for some of these Pokes to be able to even defend themselves early on in the game.

So far my crew is shaping up like this:

Swamphurt the Mudkip

Level 11 - Adamant/Male
Tackle/Growl/Mud-Slap/Water Gun

My starter and hopefully eventual bulky powerhouse. I really scored on the Adamant nature. Later in the game (assuming he's still around), STAB EQ and Waterfall will definitely come in handy.

Ziggy the Zigzagoon

Level 12 - Naive/Female
Tackle/Growl/TailWhip/Headbutt

The first wild addition to my team, and so far the most helpful. Learning STAB Headbutt at level 9 has just been awesome and pretty much OHKO's a lot of these weak early game pokes. The Naive nature is pretty helpful as well, as Linoone is a pretty quick Pokemon and knowing that I'll go first most of the time will surely help me further down the road. Ziggy's Pickup ability is also quite helpful as he's already nabbed me a few ultra balls.

Jeffy the Dustox

Level 10 - Sassy/Male
Tackle/String Shot/Poison Sting/Confusion

Talk about a pain to level up early on. I probably spent near half of my time in-game tonight playing tackle wars with opposing Silcoons as they Hardened and made the leveling process take ages at absolutely no benefit to themselves. Had a close call at Level 9 when getting poisoned from a Wurples Poison Sting. Thank goodness for Shed Skin as I would have never ever made it to a Pokecenter from the middle of Petalburg Woods with 13 HP. Got a great nature once again on this guy with Sassy as it only makes Dustox surprisingly good SpD even better which will surely be handy later on. Getting Moonlight not too far down the road (Level 20 iirc) is going to be an absolute godsend in the long run.

BreDOOMish the Shroomish

Level 6 - Mild/Female
Absorb/Tackle

After having finally evolved Silcoon and gotten Dustox all situated for the next adventure, I strolled in to Petalburg Woods for what I was sure was going to be another encounter with the same Wurple/Silcoon family I had just been toying with for the past hour. Out comes this little mushroom, and up goes a grin on my face. I had to have him. I absolutely love Breloom in the competitive world, and getting this not-so-common chance to get one early on here in this challenge was more than I could have hoped for. While she does have a crappy SpA nature, which is just ass-backwards on this pokemon, I'm still expecting big things from her later on in the game.

So that's where I'm at so far. The journey really begins tomorrow as I begin to actually fight trainers and traverse longer routes without quick access to a Pokecenter. I've gotta say, this seems like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I'm starting a challenge on emerald.
However, I want to know what would people recommend as the starter to choose?
Each one has good mixed attacking stats and they all have good move-pools so I'm stuck for choice.
So what would you guys recommend?

screwdriver i would go with torchic....my choice is because the only other good fire type in emerald is numel/camerupt but torchic has access to fighting type moves...in my opinion mudkip is the strongest for emerald but there are just so many water types in emerald to choose from that it 'be better to have a useful fire type...also treecko is pretty good but i can't imagine an in-game run without a brelloom...

I just got to Lilycove and confronted Maxie at Mt. Pyre. After training and beating an army of swimmers, I traveled to Fortree. I did some more grinding, and failed to catch any kekleons. Oh well.

Winona was interesting. I taught rock tomb to Abdul, but after beating the trainers in the gym, I knew he couldn't handle Winona on his own. Thus, i taught Ice Beam to Reagan. Abdul took out the doduo, and Reagan killed the rest. Had a close call where Altaria dropped Reagan into the red, but Reagan held on and blasted Altaria with a final Ice Beam. This gym proved how strong Reagan is, and I think using such a valuable TM was not a bad decision.

Also, I changed my mind again on revives. I'm not using them.

The Team:
Theodore the Grovyle
Lvl 32, Hasty, Male
Pursuit/Leaf Blade/Absorb/Quick Attack
Theodore finally acquired a powerful STAB. He is now able to hold his on, and is incredibly fast. He's pretty frail, but much better than he used to be.

Machiaveli the Hariyama
Lvl 32, Lax, Male
Fake Out/ Vital Throw/Sand-Attack/Arm Thrust
While no longer the god he used to be, Machiavelli is still a powerhouse. He is very bulky, and strong., and is pretty much my resident tank. Probably my second place for MVP.

Reagan the Gardevoir
Lvl 33, Bold, Male
Calm Mind/Confusion/Psychic/Thunderbolt
Reagan evolved, and is now my MVP. 98 Sp Atk at level 33 is incredible, and psychic wreaks havoc. I hope Reagan lasts the whole game, because he is an incredibly powerful special sweeper.

Minerva the Gyarados
Lvl 33, Serious, Female
Surf/Dragon Rage/Bite/Secret Power
Minerva has monstrous stats, and has proved to be a valuable member of the team, she is fast, strong, and bulky. If only water weren't based off special attack.

Abdul the Trapinch
Lvl 32, Bashful, Male
Bite/Rock Tomb/Sand Tomb/Strength
Abdul has great attack, and has generally been powerful. However, he is quite frail, and needs to acquire a good STAB move.

Nyrdak the Numel
Lvl 32, Rash, Male
Growl/Take Down/Ember/Magnitude
Nyrdak has Continued to be a valuable asset to the team, with magnitude and ember providing good coverage and damage.

The Box:
Daycare: Lilly the Lileep
Daycare: Terry the Tentacool
Rawsberg the Roselia
Naniag the Ninjask
Shedinja
Tyr the Torkoal
Zena the Zangoose
Zekiela the Zubat
Micalanglo the Machop
Welga the Whismur
Ellen the Electrike
Palmer the Pelliper
Vega the Voltorb
Tariah the Tentacool
Will the Wingull
Zachariah the Linoone
Emily the Elektrike
Ophelia the Oddish
Castform
Dijana the Duskull
Dennis the Duskull

Deceased:
Whitney the Wurmple, lvl 4, Sacrificed to an early game Taillow.
Sylvester the Shroomish, lvl 6, Sacrificed to Brawly to heal Reagan.
Special the Spinda, lvl 15. I don't remember her dying. Probably sacrificed Norman or Flannery.

I may attempt this with Pokemon Gold. My Nuzlocke of Emerald was pretty awesome, and provided challenges at times (see: Youtube episode vs. Phoebe) but I think Gold would be harder IMO.

@skitz0phrenic: You do realize that Waterfall was/is Special before the P/S split? Use Surf instead.
Yea I forgot lol. It's been like 5 years since I've played R/S/E, so I'm a little rusty on the old mechanics. If I don't end up with another water type I like, he'll probably end up with both for HM usage.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha yeah guys I was upset about losing my Nuzlocke progress HG but my more upset about loses a game that cost me $80 NZD. Ah well the car trip down to Uni meant I got some much needed Grinding on my team (cause ffs between Veilstone and Pastoria there is about a 4 Level increase in gym leaders pokemon which is p. significant when you are not using ANY healing items.)

When I last left you (about 3 pages ago) I had suffered massive casualties. Aaron the Buizel, Zaps the Luxio and Nick the Cranidos, both key team members, had been killed and I was struggling to hold my party together. Will I succeed? (also sorry for the huge update)

Right so after Zed the Ralts evolved into Kirlia I was in good shape. I knew that there was a Dawn stone around Pastoria so if I could keep Zed alive s Gallade would be a huge asset. Kazza had just learnt Psybeam and was shooting up the levels so fast it was not funny. With my goals set in place I began the training to get pokemon such as my newly caught Gligar (Roger) My Duskull (Alec) and Scyther (Sabre) all to reasonable levels. Fortunately there were quite a few trainers around so I began battling. I was going well before disaster struck. I was on the way to the pokemon centre to heal up my tired party when I was challenged to a double battle by a trainer I had thought I had already beaten. I had to think fast. Rapidash and Ponyta do well vs my team so I brought in Kazza to OHKO both with Psybeam. Sadly upon switching in he was double targeted by Flame Wheels and so he died. Poor Kazza... dying while trying to protect my tired and weak party. Things looked grim but so often with my team a member stepped up to the plate, Sabre. Seeing the team leader cut down had enraged Sabre who launched a flurry of moves, despite a massive type disadvantage he was able to overcome them with the help of Zed.

Kazza was buried at the treeline, I somehow had to carry on.

With a slight reshuffle (Jessie the Togatic) brought in to reinforce my team I struggled onward surviving battles by the skin of my teeth. Sabre did well though and was quickly becomes the strongest member of the team.

Finally, after hours of battling Veilstone was in sight. I rushed foward.. and was ambused by two trainers forcing me into a full on 6 vs 6 double battle. Everything was going pretty well until a Lickitung and Gligar combined to put me in a tough position. Jessie and Zed were out and both were suddenly smashed with a Rollout and Faint Attack respectably. There was little I could do, both of them had been weakened that both attacks killed them instantly. Furious Roger stepped into the field while Sabre calmly stared down the opposition. Without any need for commands they attacked, Both of them combining to take down Lickitung before it could Rollout. Roger then took on the opposing Gligar while Sabre made sure no one else would interfere by taking down the other pokemon. It was a hard fought battle but Roger showing strength, dug deep and overcame his opponent. Sabre then cleaned up resistance with powerful Wing Attacks.

A small service was held were Jessie and Zed, both of which had done the vest best they could to push my party to victory.

I entered Veilstone full of sorrow and somewhat in a bind. Home to a fighting type gym I was sadly out of psychic types and my party had a grand total of 3 members. I studied my town map and decided to risk running the routes between Veilstone and Pastoria to catch pokemon that may help my party while dodging trainers. If nothing else I would have strength in numbers. I managed to catch a Rhyhorn who I named Jane and a Staravia who I named Maximum. I played the Safari Game and managed to add Zips the Yanma and the welcome Troy the Tangela who would help me in the future with Wake.

From then on I had to train hard knowing the level increases. Special focus was put on Sabre and Alec both of them reaching Level 34 before Maylene.

I was able to crush resistance in the gym and challenged Maylene. by this time Maximum had received his own training program and was fairly strong. He took down Meditite with little problem however struggled a bit with Machoke. He eventually prevailed however the effect had left him crippled. Maylene sent out Lucario and I knew I was in for a tricky battle. Thinking fast I sent out Alec and burned Lucario with a Will-o-wisp. Unfortunately by the time I had managed to burn it Alec was now crippled. Therefore out came Sabre to finish this. Wing Attack after Wing Attack took their toll while Sabre shrugged off Metal Claws till, eventually, Lucario crumbled marking the first time I had been able to beat a gym leader without suffering a casualty.

Happy with my success I again went on a training spree so overcome the Level differences. In the process Maximum evolved as well as Alec. Troy also evolved a bit later when training in the gym. In no time at all I found myself facing the tough Crasher Wake.

Wake started strong with the massively powerful Gyarados. With the onus firmly on Troy to win this fight I started off blasting Ancient powers while Gyarados retaliated with Bite attacks forcing Flinches on a few occasions. Troy proved too strong though, eventually nailing it with a well placed Mega Drain followed up by a Ancient power.

Wake then brought a Floatzel and I knew that things would get tough here. I brought out the reliable Alec. Floatzel wasted no time with a powerful Crunch while immediately crippled Alec. I Will-o-wisp miss would be chaotic here but Alec regained his composure to nail Floatzel despite its superior speed. Alec could not take a second hit so I switched out to Maximum who dropped Floatzel's attack another stage. It barely managed to survive a Brine though before taking to the sky. It dodged a second Brine while up high in the air before swooping down, slamming into Floatzel with terrific force dealing heavy damage. Again, Maximum could not take a second hit so I switched out to to the powerful Sabre while Wake healed up Floatzel. Floatzel still had huge speed and was able to blast off Brine after Brine while Sabre hit back with Wing Attack. Things became heated when Sabre dropped to half health threatening to be OHKO'ed by the now boosted Brine, however Sabre was able to ignore Floatzels speed advantage by nailing it with a Quick Attack, finishing it off. Wake sent out Quagsire while I countered with the crippled Troy. Luckily I outspead and Troy OHKO'ed with Mega Drain healing up as it did so ending the battle.

I exited the gym and then my world rocked at the sound of a massive explosion. The ground twisted and I fell to my knees. What on earth had happened???

Team (yes I know some of it sounds like a RMT it was just the way it came out)

Troy the Male Tangrowth
Lv 36
Docile
-Mega Drain
-Vine Whip
-AncientPower
-Stun Spore

Troy has been a steadfast member of the team. His grass attacks have been most welcome and now I can deal significant damage to the water types who plagued me after Zaps died. Troy is also my main Gyarados killer as with Ancient Power he can deal significant damage while taking hit after hit from Gyarados (he survived 2 Crit Thrashes in a row!). Best of all Troy brings this team excellent bulk with his Large HP and defence stats letting him pivot about shrugging off a hit or two.

Maximum the Male Staraptor
Lv 34
Modest
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-Endeavor
-Close Combat

Maximum is a new addition to the team. It is my only user of fighting attacks so I forsee it of being some use in the future. It also brings its ability of Intimidate to the table which helps in cushioning hits. Maximum is also an HM slave or sorts letting me travel around in a speedy manner. Its speed and power are a great asset to the team

Roger the Male Gliscor
Lv 35
Calm
-Slash
-Faint Attack
-Quick Attack
-Swords Dance

Roger is an odd case. Accounting for its current stats its not a sweeper at all. It also has a rather low damage output. However Roger has been very useful to the team. It is my go to pivot when I need something to take a hit and it can do decent damage with its attacks. Quick Attack lets it pick off foes and Faint Attack helps me get past those pesky double team users. With the introduction of Swords Dance to its movepool I expect it to take a more offensive role in the team. I am considering teaching it Roost as well since that helps with its team utility.

Zips the female Yanma
Lv 36
Rash
-Silver Wind
-AncientPower
-Pursuit
-Uproar

Zips the the teams special sweeper and it does a damn good job. Its excellent speed and high special attack let it hit very hard when I need too. I have stopped it evolving till it learns Hypnosis (a sleep move is always useful) and am expecting big things when it evolves. The low base power of his moves is very annoying but I cannot really do much about that. He has the same typing as Sabre and works well with him as he deals with the special side of things while Sabre hits from the physical spectrum.

Sabre the Male Scyther
Lv 38
Brave
-Slash
-Wing Attack
-Cut
-Quick Attack

Without a doubt this is the powerhouse of the team. Sabre has excellent all round stats meaning it can take a hit and then dish one back out. Sabre stepped up to the plate when Kazza died and although he lacks a bit of Kazza's brute force, he makes up for his all round stats. He clashed a bit with Zed leadership wise and blamed himself when Zed fell in battle protecting the rest of the team. Since that time he has not pressed his claim for leadership instead prefering to train hard to support the team in battle.

Alec the male Dusclops
Lv 37
Quiet
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit
-Will-o-Wisp
-Shadow Punch

Finally here is the leader of the team. I suppose its ironic that a ghost type is leading the team, on the other hand Alec does a great job. He has excellent bulk and can support the team will with Will-o-Wisp. Alec can also dish out a hit with a STAB Shadow Punch and even has access to priority which patches up its very low speed to some extent. He works every well with Troy as Alec can take the special attacks while Troy can take the strain from physical hits. Alec has led the team very well since Zed died and its a testiment to his leadership that a casualty has not been lost even after 2 gym battles. Hopefully my good run continues!

Cyro

Kirsta the female Burmy
Mike the male Zubat
Chum the female Bibarel
Jasmine the female Chansey
Alison the female Meditite
Jane the female Rhyhorn

Dead

Max (Male Turtwig)
Lv 15
Adamant
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf

Max was going so well before bad luck ended his chances of going further with me. Such a shame seeing as I had hoped that he would be useful in latter matches.

Kyle (Male Bronzor)
Lv 23
Gentle
-Extrasensory
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Confusion

Kyle had proven to be a nice pivot and defensive supporter of the team before bad luck meant that he had to be sacrificed to defeat Roserade. He was a big loss and I will struggle to replace him.

Rose (Female Budew)
Lv 16
Jolly
-Mega Drain
-Absorb
-Stun Spore
-Worry Seed

Rose was another casualty to fall against Roserade. It was sacrificed to weaken Roserade enough for a free switch to be granted and so that Aaron could grab a clean KO. Rose had potential to act as a needed grass type but alas, it was not to be.

Paul the Bidoof
Lv 4
Careful
-Cut
-Rock Smash
-Tackle

Paul was killed by Mars, sacing itself for a free switch. It was a sad loss although not a huge one in the big scheme of things being my HM slave and all

Aaron the male Buizel
Lv 21
Hasty
-Water Gun
-Aqua jet
-Pursuit
-Swift

Aaron was the victim of bad luck. He was my best check to the Geodude and Onix at that stage of the game and I switched him in too suddenly and he died to a Magnitude 9. I was very upset with this as he had just learnt Aqua Jet had had been set to be the powerhouse I had trained him to be. It was so unfair...

Zap the Male Luxio
Lv 29
Naive
-Spark
-Swagger
-Charge
-Bite

The team leader for awhile and team powerhouse you will be sadly missed. Sacrifing yourself to take down Mismagius proved too much and thus you gave your life so that I could continue. You worked very hard after Max died and you should be commended. I am truly sorry you had to die.

Nick the Male Cranidos
Lv 23
Adamant
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
-Take Down
-Scary Face

Despite a barren movepool you would hit like a truck with that massive attack stat. You took over the team leadership after Zapds died and you were a fucking superhuman at picking up where Zaps left off, taking down both Mismagius and Haunter almost single-handily. The victim of a double target in a double battle proved to be your undoing which was not really fair since you were going so well. Sorely missed

Kazza the Male Kadabra
Lv 27
Quiet
-Psybeam
-Confusion
-Disable
-Miracle Eye

again Kazza you were another victim of a double battle where you switched in to save the rest of your team (I believe it was Alec and Roger facing the Ponyta and Rapidash at the time). You massive Psychic powers will be missed. You always provided wisdom to help Nick lead while you were content to destroy opposing threats (kinda what Sabre is doing now for Alec). Had I done things differently I have no doubt you would still be at my side and you would be making things so much easier with your power and speed. Goodbye old friend.

Zed the Male Kirlia
Lv 24
Naive
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Magical Leaf
-Lucky Chant

You were a mission to train up but your potential was huge but alas, not realised. You tried to take Kazza's role after he died but I think it proved too much for you to handle. You did however, weaken Lickitung to the point where Roger and Sabre could beat it and for that, I will be always grateful.

Jessie the male Togatic
Lv 24
Naughty
-Yawn
-Charm
-Metronome
-Encore

You my friend, were the perfect supporter. Your classic support moves helping my team overcome difficult opponents and thus carry on. Even as a Togepi, you weakened Haunter to the point where Nick could survive a hit and OHKO. Without you, the team would not be where it is today. I dragged you out of cryo to support the team after the losses of Nick and Kazza, perhaps you were just not yet ready for full time service. You died after trying to support Zed in that fateful double battle though at least you never saw Zed fall soon after you. Your supporting skills will not be forgotten.

My first update in a bit. School has kept me busy, so i haven't played a whole lot.
Rules:
  • Release all fainted pokemon
  • Only catch the first pokemon in each area, if it dies, too bad
  • Name everything

Update:
warning: its been a while, this will likely be a long update.
We last left Marcus having newly acquired surf, and on his way to Canalave city. On the way marcus met a tentacool for his first pokemon of the route, unfortunately, Bruce did a shocking amount of damage with strength, and the tentacool was OHKOd. Slightly impressed, but still very agry, marcus pushed on to the city. Upon entering, he was finally able to remove rock smash from Rachel's (gyarados) moveset, just in time for her to learn aqua tail. Having grinded his pokemon quite a bit, Marcus was confident enough to charge right into the gym. But wouldn't you know it, Steve showed up again. This battle proved incredibly easy for Marcus, Bruce, the newly evolved Medicham was dishing out tons of damage, and Rachel made quick work of monferno.

Marcus rushed into the gym, which turned out to be just as easy. A combination of high jump kick's, aqua tail's, and Earthquakes made quick work of everything in the gym, and roark's father fell without so much as a whisper of challenge. "Incredible!" shouted Marcus "You guys are unstoppable." Realizing he had completely forgotten about Iron island, Marcus set off on what would turn out to be an incredibly long grinding session. Quickly after entering, Marcus found an Onix, naming it Bruno. He fought his way to a strange man named riley, and helped him dispatch some galactic grunts. As it would turn out, Riley had an egg for marcus. carrying a full party, however, Marcus was forced to leave, and grind his way through the cave again, this extra training was welcome to his team, however, who were quickly becoming an unstoppable train of destruction.

After a visit to the library with Steve, Dawn and Rowan, Marcus agreed to set off for Lake Valor, which had, apparently, been blown up by Team Galactic. Breezing through a few trainers, he flew off to like Verity to help dawn with two galactic leaders, who quickly fled the scene at his team's great show of force. There was one more lake to visit, Rowan said, but it would prove a longer journey than Marcus expected.
Annoying as he was, Marcus knew he had to help Steve. Entering from Celestic town, he made his way to the top of mount coronet. "Finally!" shouted marcus "Out of that terrible cave". Crossing his fingers, ran through the snow to the first patch of grass he could find, hoping to find an ice pokemon. The grass rustled, and marcus turned around in excitement, only to have his hopes dashed: it was another Graveler. Unwilling to risk an explosion death, he switched in Ivan the bronzong to take the his. Unfortunately, thats exactly what graveler did. "Great" he moaned "another route with no new pokes to show for it".

Pushing through the snow, marcus battled trainer after trainer on his way up to Snowpoint city. Finding the next route marcus encountered a sneasel, and named it Sly Cooper, sending it off to the box. In the next route he found another medicham. Bruce looked confused as marcus smiled sending it to the box. Leaning in Marcus whispered "don't worry bro, i have a different plan for that guy." Reaching the city, and after visiting the pokecenter, Marcus sprinted towards the house in the top left corner of town.

Marcus:"You're the girl who'll trade a haunter for a medicham!!"
Girl: "umm... yeah. but how did-"
Marcus: "Shut up. Give me that haunter now."
Girl: "haha, ok. But heres the catch. I already gave him a stupid name and an everstone"
Marcus:" well.. whatever I have two DSs"
Girl:"Two what?"
Marcus:"I...i don't know. I'm not sure why i said that..."

Seconds later, Gaspar the haunter joined the team.

!If you're getting tired of reading, now is a good time for a break!

A few Gyro balls from Ivan and HJKs from Bruce later, Marcus picked up the icicle badge, and trudged back through the snow to help Steve. As it turned out, he had already failed, and the galactic head left the scene. Marcus, knowing they were up to now good, followed her all the way back to the HQ in veilstone. Running through what seemed like an endless amount of teleporters and galactic grunts marcus finally confronted Cyrus: team galactic's insane leader.

One long "I'm not a lunatic" speech later Marcus recieved a masterball from Cyrus. Maybe he should have listened more closely, but oh well. For some reason Cyrus let him free mesprit, uxie, and azelf, and left from mt. Coronet.

Marcus KNEW something was going down, but he couldn't bring him self to go BACK into that terrible mountain. "Come on marcus" growled Tortimer "we've fought them to long, and too hard to just give up now". "Fine" pouted Marcus "but i'm not going to enjoy it" (Marcus was wrong about that part).
Another arduous trip through the mountain left Marcus atop spear pillar with mars, jupiter, and Cyrus. Luckily, Steve showed up to help Marcus fight Jupiter and Mars. After Tortimer killed his munchlax with EQ, Steve's infernape turned out to be moderately helpful. Marcus approached Cyrus, and another long speech was coming on. It seemed to Marcus that some otherworldly power was speeding Cyru's speech up to levels he could scarcely comprehend. "Ah well" thought marcus "i'm sure its nothing important".

Using Rachel's new found ability to dragon dance, along with Gaspar's thunderbolt, Cyrus's team was dispatched with relative ease.

Next up was Palkia. Have no preset rule about what to do about this guy, Marcus felt compelled to kill it. After seeing the devastating power of its Spacial rend, however, Marcus ended up being forced to throw his masterball, lest he risk sacrificing one of his precious team members. Back in hearthome, Marcus and the team took a much needed rest.

Sorry that was super long.

Team:

• Tormtimer - lv45 Torterra
  • Gaspar - lv46 Gengar
  • Bruce - lv45 Medicham
  • Ivan - lv44 Bronzong
  • TEEFERS - lv8 Zubat
  • Rachel - lv44 Gyarados.

my fallen comrads:
  • Flyguy - starly lv2-4
  • Dracula - Zubat lv 3-6
  • Norbert- Bidoof lv 2-14
  • Jake Ghastly lv 12-14
  • Punchy- Geodude lv6-24
    - my first really painful loss. Just one level from becomming a graveler, and he dies to a critical hit water gun.
  • Jenn- Ponyta lv 16-18
    - Double battles are my worst enemy. If i had known geodude would outspeed tortimer and use magnitude, i never would have kept you in, Jenn. I'm so sorry.
  • Swoops- Staravia lv16-33
    - Once again, i can't overstate my hatred for double battles. I already miss you, Swoops.
    As you can see, my first nuzlocke run has been filled with lots of casualties, but i'm determined to make it through, and avenge my fallen buddies.

Boxed:
  • Teefers- lv8 Zubat
  • Derp - lv4 Bidoof
  • Zelos - lv8 Buizel
  • Mark- lv5 Zubat
  • Brover - lv16 Bidoof
  • MetroBear - lv12 Buneary
  • Happiny Egg?
  • Paul - lv22 Geodude
  • Peepers -lv22 Hoothoot
  • flutter - lv30 Dustox
  • Desdemona - lv22 Floatzel
  • Timothy - lv19 Ponyta
  • Bruno - lv 32 Onix
  • Sly Cooper - lv34 Sneasel
  • Jack - lv 47 Palkia

HEARTGOLD NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE​

UPDATE 6

after beating johto elite 4 and champion i left for kanto using ss anne...i arrived at vermillion city and saw that there was a gym there....then i learnt that there are 8 gyms in kanto...i knew that this was a challenge i should take...

first came an electric themed gym with some electric fences blocking my way...after a while i figured how to dispose of them...electric type pokemon are generally strong but they are not powerful enough to beat ground pokemon...that's why rocker the golem had an easy time in the gym, earthquaking everything into oblivion...

next i went to saffron city, where i learnt that the gym specializes in psychic type pokemon...no reason why i shouldn't lead with disaster the absol...here comes the first trainer...first turn swords dance, second turn bite and so bronzor goes down... then the trainer sends out hypno...i decide that disaster is too cool to hit it with bite so i choose sucker punch...well hypno didn't attack,instead he used swagger...well i am at +4 so i decide to bite...well confusion hax hits and even though i am at nearly full health my poor disaster hits itself in its confusion and faints away...i am sorry disaster,it seems i overrated your power...you were always lonely and i didn't get to know you very well....

still at sabrina's gym i beat every other trainer with pepper's the feraligatr crunch and i get to face sabrina...i have not been informed about the power of her pokemon and when i face them it seems that my team is really underlevelled for such a battle...i lead with peppers she leads with espeon...i command crunch on my scarfed peppers but it seems that espeon is way too fast for my peppers and blasts off a powerful psychic...solid 2hko,nothing i can do now,something has to go down...spooky the gengar and snatch the gyarados might be the last added members to my team,but they also are the most powerful and my only hopes to complete the challenge...i am not sure if rocker can survive even one psychic just to heal someone else,so here goes down my first and most beloved partner,peppers...she were so great...peppers you sacrificed yourself for the team, you will be honored...so i send out snatch to clean up this mess, 3 dances later and everything is waterfalled to death...

having lost two valuable members i have to replace them with someone else...i wait for the night to fall and i head to the grasspatch left to saffron...i was hoping for a myrkrow,but instead something even better was added to the team...LEGEND the growlithe is my newest partner...

after hours of grinding until level 42 as a growlithe(for crunch) growlithe was finally a big beatiful arcanine...erica was a piece of cake for my flaming dog,ohkoing or 2hkoing everything in there,while also outspeeding...

left for fuchsia my team was finally strong enough to not have any problems against the next gymleader(everything fell to earthquakes, flamethrowers waterfalls and psychics)...my easiest gym so far...

currently i am battling as many trainers i can before i challenge misty...
my next update is going to be late as i am starting a scramble and i will spend most of my team with platinum...

MY TEAM

SNATCH the gyarados

intimidate
muscle band
brave
male
level 53
waterfall
dragon dance
earthquake
ice fang

ROCKER the golem

sturdy
serious
male
level 53
rock polish
earthquake
rock smash
rock slide

SPOOKY the gengar

levitate
choice specs
modest
male
level 53
shadow ball
focus blast
psychic
thunderbolt

LEGEND the arcanine

intimidate
docile
male
level 53
fire fang
flamethrower
crunch
agility

boxed and passed away will be noted again after the end of the challenge...

PREVIOUS PARTS

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I have started an emerald challenge :)

I chose Torchic as my starter and have not really had any troubles so far. Roxanne was relatively easy with Wingull and Combusken, I have just defeated May at Rustboro and am about to set sail to Dewford.

The Team

Party Pokemon
Female Ralts, lvl 13.
Hasty Nature
-Confusion
-Growl
-Double Team

This is by far the weakest pokemon on my team, and also the hardest to raise. It stats are much lower than my other pokemon and it only has one way to inflict damage. However, I am holding out because once I get a Gardevoir I know this will be epic. Quite pleased about the speed boosting nature.

Female Whismur, lvl 14
Naive nature
-Uproar
-Pound
-Astonish

I like Whismur, It has decent attacking stats and is also remarkably easy to raise. STAB Uproar cause quite a bit of damage on lots of pokemon. It's quite slow, but I do have a speed boosting nature to compensate.

Male Wingull, lvl 15
Hasty nature
-Water Gun
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Growl

This was great against all the geodude's in the gym with Water Gun. Unfortunately the hasty nature will mean that it loses out on some bulk as a Pelipper, but it's speed now is immense.

Female Combusken, lvl 16
Naive nature
-Ember
-Double Kick
-Peck
-Scratch

By far the strongest member of my team and proved it's worth by defeating Roxanne's Nosepass. Great nature, good movepool. What more can I say?

Boxed
Lvl 6 Poochyena
Lvl 6 Poochyena

I hate poochyena's and unfortunately, they're so common in emerald. Ahh well.

Dead
NONE!

Just started on pokemon blue, I have a feeling this is going to be awesome! Playing with moot's rules, except for pokeball buying rule.

I'm starting a challenge on my Ruby (the one on which I got a Jolly Swellow, Adamant Groudon, Relaxed Swampert, Adamant Linoone, Timid Pelipper, Rash Manectric, and Hasty Salamence without ANY soft-reseting), and I will be (hopefully) posting an update later tonight or tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)