Tournament NUPL VII - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
NUPL VII BANNER YEAH!
Deadline: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59pm GMT -5

STANDINGS

vs

The Mesmerizing Mesprits (4) vs The Pile of Swines (6)
USUM NU: Sjneider vs elodin
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs Lopunny Kicks
USUM NU: banks vs Insult
USUM NU: paper dreams vs EviGaro
ORAS NU: Skelos vs Jarii
BW NU: pinktidal vs col49
DPP NU: KW vs DeepBlueC
ADV NU: kaori vs Sam
GSC NU: Sage vs -Tsunami-
Bo3: ict vs Garay oak

vs

The Sacred Samurotts (6) vs The Listless Lilligants (4)
USUM NU: Osh vs Kushalos
USUM NU: Snou vs robjr
USUM NU: Ren-chon vs The Goomy
USUM NU: SANJAY vs Karppi
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Eternal Spirit
BW NU: HJAD vs Chill Shadow
DPP NU: Bughouse vs HSOWA
ADV NU: M Dragon vs Noitu
GSC NU: Watchog vs HSA
Bo3: Robert Alfons vs Finchinator

vs

The Krusty Krabs (5) vs The Moneymaker Musharnas (5)
USUM NU: Lycans vs mael
USUM NU: Xiri vs Charmflash
USUM NU: Jytcampbell vs Stone_Cold
USUM NU: GW vs -Davon
ORAS NU: MrAldo vs Shaneghoul
BW NU: Peli vs Raseri
DPP NU: Heysup vs Honko
ADV NU: Megazard vs Rabia
GSC NU: Earthworm vs Diophantine
Bo3: Kiyo vs Raichy

vs

The Pablo Sands (6) vs The Vibrant Vivillons (3)
USUM NU: soulgazer vs Rodriblutar
USUM NU: emforbes vs Gondra
USUM NU: lax vs Hootie
USUM NU: TDK vs Twixtry
ORAS NU: tko vs Eternally
BW NU: ebeast vs Slide
DPP NU: ima vs rozes
ADV NU: Pearl vs spink
GSC NU: Bouff vs TonyFlygon
Bo3: FLCL vs Star

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
PREDICTIONS - I won't be predicting my team's games because lol

MESPRITS (5) VS PILOSWINES (5):
sjneider vs. elodin
yeezyknows
vs. Lopunny Kicks
banks vs. Insult
paper dreams vs. EviGaro
Skelos vs. Jarii
pinktidal
vs. col49
KW vs. DeepBlueC
kaori
vs. Sam
Sage vs, -Tsunami-
ict vs. Garay Oak

SAMUROTTS (4) VS LILLIGANTS (6):
Osh vs. Kushalos
Snou vs. robjr
Ren-chon
vs. The Goomy
SANJAY vs. Karppi
Teddeh vs. Eternal Spirit
HJAD vs. Chill Shadow
Bughouse
vs. HSOWA
M Dragon vs. noitu
Watchog vs. HSA
honchkrow vs. Finchinator

SANDS (4) VS VIVS (6):
soulgazer vs. Rodriblutar
emforbes vs. Gondra
lax
vs. Hootie
TDK vs. Twixtry
tko vs. Eternally
ebeast vs. Slide
ima vs. rozes
Pearl vs. spink
BOUFF vs. TonyFlygon
FLCL
vs. Star

Something about NeverUsed, makes me wanna play,
Ya aight, I got something to say (BLUEFACE BABY)!
Who do you think you fools are (huh)?
Attempting to stand to the tzars (say what?),
In the motherland, you get sent to the stars for rebelling (uh)!
So sit back, relax, fall into the quicksand,
You already know the Pablo Sands finna give you the shorthand!
Right hand laxuy, left hand fooly,
You're going to be punched into a doozy . . .

(You can't show me how to win NUPL till you win a PL, ya AIGHT)

The Sacred Samurotts (6) vs The Listless Lilligants (4)

Osh (48) vs Kushalos (52) - One of the best matchups in the tour, Kushalos is hard to predict against in any matchup in nu whereas Osh has definitely cemented himself as one of the best lower tier players rn. However, Kush does have eager manager Finch on his side who will do everything in his power to maximise his players' chances of winning, including extensive scouting. A big part of who wins this will most likely come down to who has the slight edge in matchup, could go either way.
Snou (60) vs robjr (40) - robjr is a good player no doubt, but I do feel like people underestimate Snou in nu. He's going to be very motivated to further show people how able he is, especially after a killer nupl last year and a nul win under his belt.
Ren-chon (60) vs The Goomy (40) - Ren-chon is much more active in sm than The Goomy, and his credentials and reputation in the tier speak for themselves. With that being said, The Goomy, at least I imagine so will be wanting to have a good week 1 after not being not so active / present. Goomy could also just whip out some mon that 6-0s and that's it but Ren-chon is solid.
SANJAY (70) vs Karppi (30) - Not that educated on Karppi at all, but I do know Sanjay can play well and is obviously a known builder, and will be wanting to have a really solid 1st nu tour in the spotlight, to make a name for himself and not just a builder for someone else.
Teddeh (70) vs Eternal Spirit (30) - Teddeh is a high-end oras player who will be fairly confident vs mostly anyone in the pool, and is much more well versed in the tier than es. Although Goomy's unpredictable builds could give es an edge in the matchup since Teddeh is known for repetitiveness and goomy is known for unpredictability, buuut I do imagine that Teddeh is well aware of this and will change up some stuff to boost his chances.
HJAD (45) vs Chill Shadow (55) - Good match - CS put up an amazing record last year, and is extremely invested in the tier and p much any bw lower tier. On the flipside, HJAD has been playing BW since it was actually the current tier and is probably wanting to prove to people he's still one of the top players in the region. Granted, CS is hard to predict against vs literally anyone in bw nu so..
Bughouse (65) vs HSOWA (35) - Bughouse is one of the selective few users who are very much known for their dpp nu play, so giving him the edge on that as well as a good record last year.
M Dragon (70) vs Noitu (30) - Not familiar with noitu, surprise me.
Watchog (30) vs HSA (70) - Don't know much about gsc, but I do know HSA is one of the players with the most achievements and involvement in the tier.
honchkrow (40) vs Finchinator (60) - Finch should take bw, tennis should take oras, and for sm, both will be motivated due to hype of this matchup and both wanting to prove a point. Finch has been more invested in the tier as far as I'm aware recently, although really tennis could take a bw or sm game off Finch if he really did put in 110%. Likewise with Finch in oras.

The Krusty Krabs (5) vs The Moneymaker Musharnas (5)

Lycans (60) vs mael (40) - Lycans had a crazy record last nupl, albeit with flcl team support. Mael is a good player no doubt but Lycans for sure has the edge in playing at least in NU. However, Lycans' unfortunate situation and lack of good team support might prove troublesome.
Xiri (40) vs Charmflash (60) - Charmflash has been very keen recently with all the lower tier pls happening, and I don't imagine he's planning on giving up momentum anytime soon, also just more experience and credentials to his name.
Jytcampbell (55) vs Stone_Cold (45) - I think stone_cold dipped into the tier for a while during spl, unsure how much of that has carried through but maybe he'll be more motivated. Jyt is just a really solid player imo.
GW (45) vs -Davon (55) - I like this matchup, it's two pretty unproven nu main-stayers that will be wanting to show off for a good week 1. I've played GW a lot in the br tours and is a capable player but unsure if he'll be suited to a more relaxed, experienced player in Davon. Should be a good one and Davon always has some pretty interesting teams.
MrAldo (35) vs Shaneghoul (65) - I love aldo but it's shane, and shane is good. Unless he brings something like castform.
Peli (35) vs Raseri (65) - not seen Peli in bw before, just going off sheer knowledge and experience and Ras takes the upper hand for sure.
Heysup (60) vs Honko (40) - Don't know much about Honko other than he's been playing for a long time, so there's the experience part there but Heysup is very well known in dpp lower tiers so just giving him the edge.
Megazard (49) vs Rabia (51) - This will be close, mz is more accomplished in the tier but I know rabia is very keen to win and has been practicing a lot. Either could take this.
Earthworm (65) vs diophantine (35) - I don't have a clue about gsc but earthworm is the guy that basically made gsc nu happen and let it be in this tour, and is very hyped up.
Kiyo (70) vs Raichy (30) - Uh, Kiyo should take oras and should take sm but honestly who knows. Raichy is like known for bw lower tiers so he should take bw.

The Pablo Sands (5) vs Vibrant Vivillons (5)

soulgazer (51) vs Rodriblutar (49) - I'd imagine sg would be wanting to win vs someone like rodri and with the infinite team support from the top players on his team, although rodri is probably better at sm this is just a gut feeling.
emforbes (35) vs Gondra (65) - I don't know much about emforbes in sm singles, whereas Gondra is much more accomplished in the realm and should do well with team support from rozes and eternally.
lax (65) vs Hootie (35) - I know Hootie is wanting to do well on the runup to snake, but with that being said lax is one of the best players on the site rn, so he'll be hard to predict against anyone in this tour.
TDK (60) vs Twixtry (40) - Twixtry is pretty underrated but it's tough vs someone like tdk, who is consistent across the board and is confident in nu.
tko (35) vs Eternally (65) - Eternally is also a high-end oras player who shouldn't find too much difficulty vs less experienced users in the tier. Sheer amounts of knowledge and high ceiling should win him this.
ebeast (48) vs Slide (52) - never seen ebeast play, so can't really comment but I think he was a solid bwer when it was current gen going off what others have said. Slide will be determined in a team like the vivs and after a long break.
ima (40) vs rozes (60) - rozes has more experience and will most likely be more motivated to pull his own weight as well as the rest of the team as an unofficial assman.
Pearl (48) vs spink (52) - Pearl is obviously a very competent player in whatever tier he's in, although disjunction's pure amount of knowledge on the tier should give him the ever so slightest edge here.
Bouff (51) vs TonyFlygon (49) - Literally nothing to base this on apart from Bouff recently being unbanned is probably motivating him to do well. Although it's literally gsc nu so lo
FLCL (60) vs Star (40) - Flcl has the edge over star in all 3 gens due to experience and knowledge, although really Star could take any games off him, but just giving flcl the edge.

good luck to everyone

Last edited:
kaori vs Sam - I think both players are decently familiar with ADV. I can't really give an educated opinion on either though other than that I've liked what I have seen sam use in replays. should be a cool game
MDragon vs Noitu - most fire ADV game of the season no doubt. Noitu might be unknown to a lot of the NU scene but hes someone familiar with ADV tiers. makes cool teams and knows what hes doing in game. MDragon is obviously a menace to take down esp for week one. I think this one is gonna come down to team style choices.
Megazard vs Rabia - I saw some of Megazards ideas and approaches to the tier last NUPL and I liked a lot of them. Rabia is here to prove himself in a metagame where he snatched teams from me that I snatched from other people. If Ras and Askov help him he should have a decent shot but megazard should win
Pearl vs spink - Pearl seems fairly knowledgeable at ADV NU and while Disj' does know the in and outs of the tier like nobody else but Pearl should probably win based on recent perfomances

Sage vs -Tsunami- - I dont think Sage has played more than 3 and a half GSC NU games but shake probably didnt play one at all. I think a lot of this tiers game outcomes is gonna come out to how people build and what they innovate over the course of the season and I would guess Sage will have the upper hand on that end

Watchog vs HSA - HSA won every GSC NU tour the pirate hosted in the last few months so must be good. He's also the superior player in this matchup. Watchog will probably try much much harder so he could cheese through but seems unlikely

Earthworm vs Diophantine - Second best GSC NU game we are getting this season I believe. The pirate has played double the amount of GSC NU games than the whole pool combined and seems the most familiar/excited about the tier. Dio is someone I'm very high on that has established himself as a GSC player across roapl/uupl too, if he meets this tour and tier w similar excitement this should be a great match otherwise I think worms has a decent edge.

Bouff vs Tony - I dont know honestly.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
USUM NU: Sjneider vs elodin - one of the better games this week, favoring elodin bc hes a bit high on himself rn and hes good when he gives a shit. its week 1 and i think he'll try his best this week or its going to be a boring season for the pilo o swines. wouldnt count sjneider out at all though, if he can focus on his endgame planning more like he has recently this game will be close which is why its one of the highlights for me.
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs Lopunny Kicks - yeezy had a good run in the latest nu ssnl so this games a lot closer than some of the others. punnys been on a hot streak across a few tours tho and as long as he isnt completely focused on ost he should be favored in this matchup.
USUM NU: banks vs Insult - havent seen anything from insult in nu and banks is rlly wanting to draw blood this tour. should be a good game if both players bring solid teams and play up to par.
USUM NU: paper dreams vs EviGaro
ORAS NU: Skelos vs Jarii
BW NU: pinktidal vs col49 - who is the bw sub for the swines?
DPP NU: KW vs DeepBlueC
ADV NU: kaori vs Sam - kaori is one of 5 people that play adv nu
GSC NU: Sage vs -Tsunami-
Bo3: ict vs Garay oak - another great set of games, two of the more expensive players in auction and both w/ some of the better recent nu showings. while ict did have a great spl, garay rebounded well in the end and was a bit stronger down the line i feel. ict also hasnt rlly played oras since his slam run as far as im aware, and i feel garays more well versed in atm. ive never seen garay play bw tho, and ict had a strong bw run a couple nupls ago. think this comes down to sm, which i favor garay, with ict taking bw and garay taking oras.

USUM NU: Osh vs Kushalos - cLuTcHaLoS nEvEr LoSeS
USUM NU: Snou vs robjr - robs always solid in sidepls esp w/ someone like kush/finch to pass him teams. snou had a good ssnl run/oras run in nupl last year, but as far as ive seen hes been a lot busier as of late so i think id favor rob in this scenario.
USUM NU: Ren-chon vs The Goomy
USUM NU: SANJAY vs Karppi
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Eternal Spirit
BW NU: HJAD vs Chill Shadow
DPP NU: Bughouse vs HSOWA
ADV NU: M Dragon vs Noitu - noitu is an interesting player, one of the oldest adv nu players thats somehow still around, and m dragons a beast at this tier. giving him the edge though bc he has a lot more tour experience and should have the leg up.
GSC NU: Watchog vs HSA
Bo3: honchkrow vs Finchinator

USUM NU: Lycans vs mael - lycans turns up for lower tier pls and idt this will be an exception. maels a good player but he always manages to pull up w/ questionable builds in tours like this. his builds always do turn out a bit interesting tho, so excited to see how this game turns out.
USUM NU: Xiri vs Charmflash
USUM NU: Jytcampbell vs Stone_Cold
USUM NU: GW vs -Davon
ORAS NU: MrAldo vs Shaneghoul
BW NU: Peli vs Raseri
ADV NU: Megazard vs Rabia
GSC NU: Earthworm vs Diophantine - only gsc mu this week where both players have decent experience it seems. should be a good one tho, gsc has been pretty fun to play recently so im excited to see what people come up w/
Bo3: Kiyo vs Raichy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)