Project NU Teambuilding Lab V2 (Open)

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor

Before I begin, Minior-Medicham HO is physically impossible to make. Both give almost 0 defensive utility, most of the time that does not really matter on hyper offense but because both mons don't break through everything in the meta if they get a hit off you'll lose to most things in the metagame. That said I changed Minior with another Shell Smasher that gives you a little defensive utility and ability to sweep teams way easier than Minior would.

The team started with Gorebyss + Medicham which gave this team a sweeper and wallbreaker right off the bat. Gorebyss has to ability to abuse people who run bulky Water-types like Blastoise and Vaporeon, Gorebyss can easily set up on them and break through the teams that dont have a solid answer to it. Medicham doesn't need an explanation, it's one of the best wallbreakers in the tier what helps HO a lot. A pokemon that wins almost instantly vs HO which is Comfey, Comfey just needs one Calm Mind up to 6-0 HO instantly. This is why Garbodor is put on the team, with Garbodor the team has a Comfey check, a Toxic Spikes absorber and gets Spikes so Medicham can break through teams easier. Electrode is added next, I wanted something that can put up both Screens and has access to Taunt. Electrode does that job nicely, there is nothing faster in this tier than electrode. Therefore the spread does not even have to be 252 Spe, 216+ it already outspeeds everything in the metagame (which is Accelgor) Volt Switch you have some utility too which is nice. A HO team isn't a HO team without any sort of Braviary, I needed a Scarfer on the team and Braviary provided me the Defiant you want from Braviary and gives the team a Scarfer what was needed. Last was tough, the team could be a suicide lead like Lycanroc or Aerodactyl but I felt this team does not keep their rocks on the team well enough to use a suicide lead. There isn't a Ghost type on the team so Blastoise or Dhelmise can spin pretty freely. Piloswine gives the team an electric immunity which is always nice and work well vs most defoggers and Dhelmise can't spin freely on it. This isn't by any means a standard HO like in other teams, but I feel this works well enough to do decently in this metagame.

Here are 2 replays to show how the team works: (it also shows how Gorebyss is a better Shell Smasher than Minior)

I hope you enjoy it!

I liked how the team has been, I have also tried it in ladder and I have to say that it is very good and has no problems much more than a comfey that I can stop with Garbodor, Great work friend ;)

Gallade @ Psychium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Requesting a team with Gallade.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Built this around SD Gallade

Gallade (M) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Refresh
- Stealth Rock

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz

Rotom @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Switcheroo
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Fairly simple team built around SD Gallade. Toge is chosen cause it synergizes pretty amazingly with Gallade, drawing in a bunch of stuff you either force out or set up on (70% of the time) like Steelix, Incineroar, Seismitoad and friends while also preventing Comfey from annihilating you. Seis was my next pick, as while Gallade can force the aforementioned mons out, it really doesn't want to switch into any of their attacks. I chose to go with a Refresh set as the team was lacking a solid status absorber until then, and this means your matchup against Toxic Lix and WilloHex Rotom is improved, while also trivializing the matchup against defensive waters. At this point the team needed a secondary defensive pivot, Rotom answer, and a way to spread Toxic to defensive waters, so Toxic Pivot Incin was added. Rotom and Whims round out the team by adding much needed speed, defog support, secondary fighting resists, and secondary water resists, as well as Whims being able to cripple choice targets with Switcheroo. Hope you enjoy the team; try to use the pivot support from Incin, Toge, and Rotom to get Gallade in when possible and abuse its great power, and its ability to use Z-Zen to OHKO Comfey.

Hi, I would like to request a team built using Swords Dance Samurott. I haven't played NU for a while, it's a personal favourite of mine, and I hear it got a lot better with Vileplume's ban.

Samurott @ Buginium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Torrent
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

I would prefer it to be a more offensively inclined team, as I immensely dislike using stall (it probably wouldn't fit on stall anyway). Balance is OK though. You could also give Samurott Aqua Tail if using Waterium Z as that gives a stronger Hydro Vortex.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
https://pokepast.es/6ca66950499c8364
:samurott::garbodor::xatu::palossand::scrafty::togedemaru:
ChrystalFalchion aight so jarii and I threw this team together with the theme of Spikes stacking given you really need chip damage for SD Samurott to do much of anything. Garbodor was the obvious partner here and also serves as the primary Fairy-type check. We went with Xatu as the entry hazard control and a lure to Pangoro with Dazzling Gleam. It also better deals with Poison-types thanks to Psychic. Palossand soft checks Incineroar, gives Stealth Rock, and takes advantage of Weezing + Garbodor spam really well. It's also the main Fighting-type check. Scrafty gives the team a wincon and a Scald switch-in, and Togedemaru gives the team more speed and a Flying-type check.

Last edited:
big brain (Shuckle) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Power Trick
- Earthquake

So I was fooling around with Shuckle when I found Power Trick, which allows me to make my defense my attack and vice versa, because shuckle has the highest defense in the game, I thought It could be a decent physical attacker, this is my attempt at creating a physical shuckle, Is it possible to make some sort of Trick Room team around this? I feel trick Room could make this "viable"

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
big brain (Shuckle) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Power Trick
- Earthquake

So I was fooling around with Shuckle when I found Power Trick, which allows me to make my defense my attack and vice versa, because shuckle has the highest defense in the game, I thought It could be a decent physical attacker, this is my attempt at creating a physical shuckle, Is it possible to make some sort of Trick Room team around this? I feel trick Room could make this "viable"
Rules:
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think ranked in the viability rankings)

Hi wanna request an NU team built around Sceptile . Any team style is fine and I'm open to changes to the set if the one I chose was shit.

Sceptile @ life orb
Ability: overgrow
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SPD / 200
Adamant / jolly nature
- swords dance
- leaf blade
- Earthquake
- drain punch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)