Project NU Player of the Month - Rabia (May)

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

Rabia
Favorite Pokémon:
Mew
Most used Pokémon: Vaporeon
Most known for: NU's C&C Slave​

Yoshi: Hello Rabia, How are you doing today!
Rabia: is the interview started now
Yoshi: Yes sir!
Rabia: oh
Rabia: shit
Rabia: I'm fine LOL
Yoshi: I'm great, thanks for asking.

Yoshi: Most people know of all the wonderful things you do on Smogon, mainly in the NU C&C field. What most people do not know is what you do outside of Smogon. What's going on in your life right now?
Rabia: Outside of Smogon I'm probably just a generic post-teen boy ngl... I'm pretty into sports, basketball in particular, and love keeping up with shows like First Take and Undisputed. Stephen A Smith and Shannon Sharpe are some of the highest quality entertainment on television imo.

Yoshi: Since you're also in college, how has college life been going for you? What is your major currently?
Rabia: College has been fine for me so far. I'm still not set in stone on a major and may just end up with a general studies degree, but I really enjoy math as well as foreign languages in general.

Yoshi: While you primarily play SM NU, you've recently been playing ADV NU in NUPL. What drew you into ADV NU in particular and how have you been enjoying your NUPL season so far?
Rabia: I can't really remember what made me start playing this god forsaken tier other than a desire to play some random old gen lol. neomon was willing to help get me into it, and I've just kept on playing it. NUPL has been going great, and although I had some dumb chokes in my first two games, I'd like to feel I have come into form the last . My team's been great, and it's overall been a nice experience.

Yoshi: In terms of SM, what are your thoughts on the current meta? Are there any things you would be interested in testing (NU / NUBL)?
Rabia: This current metagame fucking blows LOL. I know some people enjoy it, but it's mostly just Vileplume + Incineroar + Blastoise teams. The metagame has found a way to feel just as repetitive as previous iterations. I still hold to it that I want an Incineroar suspect test, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of Vileplume either.

Yoshi: Recently, some people have noted that lower tiers struggle to have strong player bases. This is especially important, since the discussion of changing SPL's slot number from 12 to 14 is seemingly arising once again. What are your thoughts on the current NU player base. Is it strong enough to see some great games in the upcoming team tournaments, or has the quality dropped since the beginning of generation 7?
Rabia: I'd like to believe we have a fairly strong pool of players down here; hell, looking at the USUM slots in NUPL I can certainly see plenty of solid players, some newer than others. And if we're being fair, NU isn't the roughest tier to pick up, meaning you don't particularly need a mainer in it to have success.

Yoshi: What are you most hopeful for in terms of NU with generation 8 incoming?
Rabia: If we're talking leading up to Sword and Shield, I would like some more drops to happen. I'm particularly interested in Espeon seeing as how the tier hasn't had anything like it the entire generation. Maybe getting Mega Banette could be cool too, although that Pokemon would probably be trash sooooo.

Yoshi: Finally, could you share one of your favorite NU teams (from any generation) and provide a brief description?
Rabia:
Here's an ADV team I brought this NUPL versus Sam. The goal of the team is to pressure the opposing team's walls until they're incapable of answering to Dragon Dance Pupitar late-game. Lead Octillery and Explosion Metang both put immense pressure on opposing bulky Water-types, while Spikes support from Roselia and Murkrow are generally good for breaking down physical walls. And them the Chimecho is there because Chimecho is good.

Thanks for the interview Rabia! If you guys have any extra questions for Rabia, feel free to drop them in this thread! Also, if there is anyone you would like in particular to be interviewed for next month, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks guys :toast:!

Yoshi: wait
Yoshi: you're in college right?
Rabia: no shit idiot

Yoshi: In the past you've been an advocate for unbanning Slurpuff. Why is that?
Yoshi: if you change your mind it means you're homophobic btw, since Slurpuff is pink
Yoshi: be careful with your answer
Rabia: I'm mostly just interested in seeing how it'd fair in a metagame filled with bulky Poison-types as well as Steelix. Part of me also just wants more wack shit given a chance just to see how it'd go.
Yoshi: oh you gave a serious answer
Yoshi: okay cool LOL
Rabia: I mean
Rabia:
A lack of chromosomes probably plays a part too
Rabia: if we're being fair
Yoshi: That's going in for sure
Rabia: good

Yoshi: Alright, thanks for the interview! See you around the ***********
Yoshi: I'm not gonna include that btw
Yoshi: that's really bad
Yoshi: LOL
Rabia: remember kids, racism is not a joke!

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
look, I know we set the bar low by starting with kiyo, but I didn't think we'd get to rabia this fast

Rabia:
Here's an ADV team I brought this NUPL versus Sam. The goal of the team is to pressure the opposing team's walls until they're incapable of answering to Dragon Dance Pupitar late-game. Lead Octillery and Explosion Metang both put immense pressure on opposing bulky Water-types, while Spikes support from Roselia and Murkrow are generally good for breaking down physical walls. And them the Chimecho is there because Chimecho is good.
also I built this for him in 5 minutes the week before and he queued up with it against sam because he hadn't built a team

clef clef

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
look, I know we set the bar low by starting with kiyo, but I didn't think we'd get to rabia this fast

also I built this for him in 5 minutes the week before and he queued up with it against sam because he hadn't built a team

clef clef
NEVER SAID I HAD TO BE THE BUILDER JUST HAD TO BE A TEAM I LIKED

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
who do you fuckin hate in smogon
what got you into c&c
what would you say was the best iteration of sm nu whether that's from a balance or fun standpoint
see the funny thing is I don't think there's anyone I genuinely hate. like there are definitely people that I would rather fucked off because of the unnecessary grief they cause me and other users, but hating someone on a Pokemon forum is just asking for me to do too much lol

I tried getting into c&c several times before I actually did because I kept saying to myself that I didn't feel comfortable writing for the Pokemon I claimed, so I'd just delete my res post. then one day I was talking in the room about how Weezing was underranked on the VR and noticed how it didn't have an analysis. so I decided I'd claim that and say eternally was cool with it (he was). then I ended up here L

I think sand meta was fun just because it gave NU a different flavor. it wasn't like anything we had seen in the tier before, which added a layer of depth to it imo. part of me wouldn't mind sand returning too... although that's definitely not a common opinion and not one I see picking up anytime soon LOL

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Rabia <3

What are some of your favourite SM NU mons to use?

What do you think of all the retests being done?

Favourite PU player and why is it Specs?

What kind of music are u into?

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
Rabia <3

What are some of your favourite SM NU mons to use?

What do you think of all the retests being done?

Favourite PU player and why is it Specs?

What kind of music are u into?
i havent built in this tier for awhile lmao but drudd is cool

i think none of these pokemon are worth bringing back; nu has done a p good job of banning mons imo, and these mons have honestly just stayed broken as the tier has developed

spex is cool

rap and rock primarily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)