Project NU Player of the Month - Jarii (August)

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

Jarii
Favorite Pokémon: Ducklett
Most used Pokémon: Ducklett
Most known for: fuck Eternally

Yoshi: Hi Jarii, how are you doing today?
Jarii: I'm doing good! Just got back from my first day at school again. How are you?
Yoshi: I’m doing well, thank you.

Yoshi: How are you enjoying NU currently?
Jarii: A lot of people say that NU is pretty stale right now, I don't see it like that. A lot of mons and sets are still pretty unexplored, trying to find new creative sets is how I keep myself enjoyed in NU. That and the fact building in snake is a lot of fun.

Yoshi: Speaking of Snake, you were most recently just drafted in Snake. How does it feel to finally be recognized as a solid player, and how has it been so far teaming with ict?
Jarii: I wont say when you're being bought you're recognized as a solid player, from all the years I've played on this site I learned that having connections is most of the time more important than being a solid player. You can be godlike at this game but if nobody knows it it doesn't matter. As for teaming with ict, I like it a lot. I teamed up with ict in spl too, ict came to me asking for help at building and I agreed and got added into their channel. From there I got recognation of my building skills, i'm sure if ict didnt ask me in spl I wouldn't be on hoggs team now. There is something that hogg said about me and ict when we team up which explains how well we work together:

hogg Last Saturday at 21:15
y'all are a dream team
idk how you balance each other so well but it's a real treat to see

Yoshi: Besides Pokemon and Snake, what are you up to in the real world?
Jarii: I am studying to become a teacher. I am now in my final year, I play badminton as my sport and I love playing other games with friends. Lately I have been playing a lot of golf with your friends which is loads of fun which I thought I wouldn't say ever about a golf game. Besides that I draw from time to time (when I have time for it).

Yoshi: In the current NU meta, would there be anything that you would ban / unban?
Jarii: I wouldn't ban anything in NU actually, the tier is in a pretty balanced state right now which I have to give props to the council for. Something I would unban is Vileplume, not that I don't agree with the ban but with Vileplume the Toxic Spikes spam would be a lot less.

Yoshi: What is your favorite NU meta and why?
Jarii: I have to say xy nu, that had the perfect balance between offense and defensive mons. You could use any playstyle and it can work, with the current metagame you can't really use HO well. There are too much mons that beat HO right of the bat without really trying. If that makes sense.

Yoshi: Finally, could you share one of your favorite NU teams (from any generation) and provide a brief description?
Jarii:
This is my favorite team I made in SM NU, it has a nice balance between offense and defensive. The core started with Medicham + Sneasel, with those 2 you have already more than enough firepower for most teams right of the bat which makes you able to think about the defensive core. Blastoise is the bulky water + hazard removal, Weezing is so you have an counter to passimian which the team really needed + it gives the team Toxic Spikes. Then I ended with the Togemaru-Druddigon core at the end, Togedemaru gives the team the scarfer that it was still missing. I wanted Togedemaru so I have a mon that is faster than Scarf Passimian. Then Druddigon is the suprise of the team (not much of a suprise anymore sadly), Z draconium is able to deal with dhelmise / Golbat who normally can switch in on Druddigon freely and get the rocks of the field. It is a good team you can pilot with quite easily, it even got the approvement of Pearl and Garay Oak to use it in slam so that must say something!

Thanks for the interview Jarii! If you guys have any extra questions for Jarii, feel free to drop them in this thread! Also, if there is anyone you would like in particular to be interviewed for next month, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks guys :toast:!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)