NU Minitour XIX - WON BY SOULGAZER

Some users have been asking for a Klinklang ban for the next round. With 1/4th of the matches done I want to ask for more input on the matter to make a decission on time. I've asking around for opinions from others user and one pm'ed me this:

''Klinklang isn't a huge problem both on paper and in a game; Sidfrid dropped alongside Klinklang a Pokemon that can trap it and resists pretty much everything that Klinklang can throw at it, Magneton. Even Rock-types such as Rhydon (and to a certain extent, Regirock, but it can't OHKO Klinklang with Drain Punch) can easily tank a boosted Gear Grind and retaliate back, it also doesn't need 252/252+ to tank it either. Klinklang does have access to moves that allows it to beat them, but it then loses important moves such as Wild Charge or Return and leaves it walled by Water- and Fire-types. There's a lot of Pokemon in the tier that can handle it too!

TLDR the people that thinks Klinklang is broken in this minitour were either not prepared for it (bad teambuilding) or misplayed against it.''
With the next round in a few days, I want to hear more opinions (pros and cons), I prefer that you post in the thread but if you want to remain anonymous just send me a PM.

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
Klinklang is very powerful, and if given a free turn can easily destroy weakened teams, and even healthy ones that aren't prepared to deal with it. It can turn games around and give you wins that you didn't deserve if your opponent gives it multiple free turns (sorry cbt). But tbh if you don't have multiple physical walls and/or fast WoWer's in a meta containing Klinklang, Scyther, Boufallant, and Poliwrath, you're doing something wrong. Torkoal, Alomomola (if not carrying wild charge), and Magneton all put a stop to it, and that's just off the top of my head.

In short, it's dangerous, but easy to deal with if you can stop it setting up, have a physical wall, or can burn it. I don't think it should be banned.

For reference, this is what I'm running:

single lady (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Substitute

Won in a gg.
Confirm (even if I did some heavy mistakes, playing again replay).

A little cent about "estimated Klinklang ban". he was been my first thought when I built my team. But I think he could predict very well with a physical attacker like Kanga or Bouffalan, at the time that we can use them, otherwise thanks a good physical wall.

252+ Atk Choice Band Bouffalant Earthquake vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Klinklang: 282-334 (98.6 - 116.78%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Klinklang: 234-276 (81.81 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
I personally ran that Magneton that was mentioned earlier, with HP [ground] I suspect everyone who had Mag actually ran the thing with either that or Fire. I think everyone's been prepared for the Mega Gear to be everywhere but if they still can't handle it I guess perhaps it should be banned? I don't know, I'm not the decision maker I guess

I personally ran that Magneton that was mentioned earlier, with HP [ground] I suspect everyone who had Mag actually ran the thing with either that or Fire. I think everyone's been prepared for the Mega Gear to be everywhere but if they still can't handle it I guess perhaps it should be banned? I don't know, I'm not the decision maker I guess
I ran HP Fighting... :\

Either way, I do not believe Klinklang should be banned due to imo Klang outclassing it due to sheer bulk giving it more time to set up, and thus becoming a more successful sweeper as a whole. In general, the checks that the Klinklang family have are well spread through NU, namely Golurk, Sawk, etc. For that reason, I vote for it not to be banned.

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
I ran HP Fighting... :\

Either way, I do not believe Klinklang should be banned due to imo Klang outclassing it due to sheer bulk giving it more time to set up, and thus becoming a more successful sweeper as a whole. In general, the checks that the Klinklang family have are well spread through NU, namely Golurk, Sawk, etc. For that reason, I vote for it not to be banned.
Sawk doesn't check Klinklang. After a boost, Klinklang outspeeds, even with scarf, and OHKO's with +1 Gear Grind through sturdy.

+1 252+ Atk Klinklang Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sawk: 288-338 (98.6 - 115.7%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

Sawk doesn't check Klinklang. After a boost, Klinklang outspeeds, even with scarf, and OHKO's with +1 Gear Grind through sturdy.

+1 252+ Atk Klinklang Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sawk: 288-338 (98.6 - 115.7%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
Srry that wasn't what I meant..I just meant that on a dead switch it can force it out lol.

confirming i suck and stuff keeps coming up irl
we should get this match done before the deadline tbh, but if i cant for some reason or am just flat out lazy, then llamas gets the win

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)