Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss

I've been using this core on a couple of my teams actually after seeing FLCL use it in the team study thread not too long ago and have found to it to work pretty effectively for me. One of Jynx's main problems is finding the chance to switch in due to its frailty, and once it is in there are a couple of checks to it, primarily Metang, that can threaten back out and force it to take damage from hazards again. Offensive Probopass can trap steel types, mostly Metang, that would otherwise wall this Jynx set and proceed to get rid of them with earth power. In addition to magnet pull, Probopass also has a slow volt switch which, again, let's Jynx come in a lot more safely. I just really enjoy using these two, because of the damage Jynx can do once it's in safely. It's just a very easy to use core overall.

Alright, this core is super cool. I made a team ages ago during Danger Zone's MonoGen challenge that utilized a bulky offensive core with Seismitoad, Scolipede, and Braviary. The sets I used were offensive Expert Belt Seismitoad (I used Leftovers from time to time as well, but overall preferred Expert Belt), standard bulky Scolipede, and a slightly-faster-than-standard Sub Bulk Up Braviary. The basis for it was simple; get up hazards with Seismitoad and Scolipede and use their great synergy to set up on as much as possible. For example, Seismitoad attracts Grass-types that Scolipede can set up against, and Scolipede attracts Rock-types that Seismitoad can set up against. And like any other sweeper, Braviary adores hazards, particularly the Toxic Spikes that Scolipede can set up. For a while, these Pokemon were pretty much my defaults for every team, and it was really hard to stray away from them because of how reliably they worked together. In general, Scolipede and Seismitoad are great together along with any other bulky sweeper, and I highly recommend building around them. :)

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Here's two Pokemon I use quite a lot: Bulky Piloswine and Garbodor!

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Toxic / Pain Split

Garbodor's set is pretty much standart and while Piloswine's ev spread might seem strange, it gives Piloswine worthwile bulk as it can now take hits better. Bulky Piloswine provides Stealth Rock, phazing with Roar, priority with Ice Shard, BoltBeam resist( Piloswine resists Ice-type moves and is immune to Electric-types.), and still has a strong Earthquake to kill opponent's grounded Poison-type like Skuntank to make Garbodor's Toxic Spikes more effective. Garbodor provides Spikes, Toxic Spikes, a Fighting-type check with its Poison typing and Rocky Helmet, and set up entry hazards on the Grass-type who can force Piloswine out. They pair well with Pokemons like Seismitoad, Torterra, Eelektross, and Ludicolo, which can check the Water-types who gives trouble to the two.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 SDef / 252 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain/ Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic/ Protect
- Fire Blast

Hazard stacking, spin-blocking and phazing. They all cover each other's weaknesses fantastically, missy taking the fighting and ground attacks, bastiodon taking the dark, ghost, ice and psychic attacks, and roselia taking the water attacks that are left over. Nice start to a stall or balanced team. A few notable threats can destroy this core such as CB Sawk and SD Samurott so you have to be careful but otherwise this core is fairly effective.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpDef / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Wave

This is one of my favorite bulky cores in the meta. Specially defensive Ludicolo does a fantastic job at combating many of the special Water-Types in the tier, most notably Samurott (lacking Megahorn, of course) and Simipour. Access to Scald makes Ludi an annoying little fucker, even more annoying when factoring in its decent speed. Leech Seed and Synthesis are used for valuable recovery, and Rain Dish is used over Swift Swim to combat rain sweepers like Gorebyss better.

Regirock takes care of all of the physical attackers Ludicolo cannot handle, due to its monstrous defenses. The set is much more offensive, and utilizes Thunder Wave to help Golurk break walls and slow down fast scarfers such as Jynx.

Golurk is the glue of the core, breaking the face of everything that Ludi has burned / Regi has paralyzed.

The core would love something that can be used as a backup Ice-type check. I like to use Grumpig a lot, as it can also spread paralysis with Thunder Wave, and can also supply cleric support with Heal Bell.

Kinda surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but w/e.

Basically, these two mons are made for one another. Charizard is one of the hardest mons to reliably answer, and most teams don't have a way to deal with it beyond trying to keep SR on the field and stalling it out until it dies of residual damage- this is particularly true when Zard's on a sunny day team, but applies to a lesser extent to all sets. Mons like Alomomola and Lickilicky can basically keep on wish/protecting until Zard either dies from Toxic, gets paralyzed, or switches out, only to take another round of SR.

Enter Sawk, who apart from being stupidly powerful, is one of the best ways to keep SR off the field. Pretty much every SR user except Golurk and Armaldo can be OHKOd by the appropriate move (usually CC), and even if they switch out, the threat of giving Sawk a free switch in can be enough to keep them at bay until Zard's done his dirty work. The same applies to most special walls- trying to stall out with Lickilicky is an incredibly risky move when Sawk can swing in on the protect and hit something for massive damage.

The sets are kinda malleable depending on your team. Sawk should probably be CB, but pretty much any Zard set has its charms. When I was using this, I ran a Power Herb SolarBeam set to lure in and KO Alomomola, which worked out pretty great, but you could also run LO for more general power, and a choice set would probably work out pretty well too.

As for counters, any offensive water type should do a pretty good job of patching up the weakness to Golurk and Armaldo- special Samurott, Ludi and co can threaten them out with STAB Hydro Pump, and also really enjoy having Sawk to eliminate stuff like Regice or Licki for the same reason that Zard does. It'd also be a good idea to run some way of dealing with bulky Psychics like Musharna (and Grumpig, I guess), since they can take pretty much everything the core can throw at them and just recover it back, or worse, hit one of your key members with a T-Wave.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Balloons+Magnets=Party

But in all honesty this is a really awesome core I have been using during research week, and it is really cool. Defensively they have perfect synergy as Drifblim is immune to two of Probopass's weaknesses (ground+fighting), while Probopass resists, Ice, Electric, Rock, Dark and Ghost, meaning that only water types are netting positive on this core. But that isn't where the positives end, Probopass traps steel types that can be annoying for Drifblim (either AcroBlimp or CM Unburden), and can heavily dent/KO them.

Probopass can also provide stealth rocks for Drifblim, which can break random sashes (bar kadabra) and just support the rest of the team in general by punishing switches for your opponent.

This core appreciates things that can lure in and deal with rock types, as they can't be trapped and usually run edge-quake, so Rotom-Fan is a good partner with HP grass to lure in stuff like Golem.

I recommend the offensive steel trapper set for Probopass, but blim can run w/e you want/need it to, as it is really flexible.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Giga Drain

Roselia Is weak To flying, psychic, Ice, and fire. Alomomola resists Ice, steel, fire, and water. The biggest weakness (possibly the obly weakness) to this core is psychic. All Psychics in NU are special meaning the deal heavy damage to alomomola and can hit roselia for super effective damage. As long as your team has a dark type or a something to counter psychics you should be good.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Giga Drain

Roselia Is weak To flying, psychic, Ice, and fire. Alomomola resists Ice, steel, fire, and water. The biggest weakness (possibly the obly weakness) to this core is psychic. All Psychics in NU are special meaning the deal heavy damage to alomomola and can hit roselia for super effective damage. As long as your team has a dark type or a something to counter psychics you should be good.
One of the best things about this combination is the fact that Alomomola's Wishes restore rose to nearly full hp (if not full). should really be mentioned, as it is one of the key factors of the combo.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Roselia needs to have Sludge Bomb as otherwise Pokemon like Ludicolo or Serperior will beat you. Since you generally add Roselia to your team because you need an answer to Ludicolo, this becomes a problem. I tend to stay away from using TSpikes on my stall teams because I prefer just manually using Toxic and hampering Pokemon like Musharna guaranteed without the fear of it switching into a single layer of TSpikes (which it is totally capable of doing since it's not worried about coming into Roselia or Garbodor; Scolipede is meh on stall with its SR weakness) and messing you up. The way I use the core is like this:

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Roselia (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Synthesis / Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Whether I use TSpikes on Roselia or not depends on if I feel like the team needs it and if I'm capable of making up for the lack of recovery by having double Wish. (Alomomola + Audino) I use more Special Defense on Alomomola because being able to pivot around Charizard is nice and you can also scout variants of Jynx this way and just Regenerator out. The slight loss in physical bulk is ok because between Alomomola and Metang/Regirock/Bronzor/Eelektross(I've been using a custom defensive set dedicated for stall) is enough for Normal- and Flying-type while Mola + Missy/Golurk is fine for Sawk and Primeape.

It's the standard stall core and a good one at that, most stall teams will generally have this or a variation of the spreads in there.

Last edited:
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic
- Waterfall

This is what I use on my main NU team atm. It is focused around Wishpassing, obviously, and Lickylicky and Alo both do a very good job passing wishes to Metang, who lacks any form of recovery. The core deals with most offensive pokemon in the tier, though you'll need a pokemon that can beat poison types such as Arbok as well as other boosters that can deal with toxic, such as RestCM Gothorita and Subbulk up Braviary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)