Metagame np: SV Ubers Stage 3 - Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair. The main thing that Basculegion has over Basculin is much higher attack and unpredictability in Tera Type. Basically, if you're forced to run Tera Ghost that means Sucker Punch is actually reliable counterplay. This also means Basculin won't be killing the likes of Ting-Lu and definitely not Ekiller easily like Basculegion can. This is more than enough to make Last Respects a lot more manageable in the builder in the eyes of people who want Basculegion banned. Basically only teams without Sucker Punch or a Dark/Normal type would be *forced* to run Tera Normal on one mon, if that. That's why I still believe only Basculegion is the problem (for the people who want it banned). Also due to the much worse bulk, HDB and Scarf sets become quite a bit shittier.
Still I think that you getting reqs with Basculin is impressive and also very funny.
Sucker Punch is used on like, one B- mon and is easily resisted by Tera Fighting. Which legion likes to run for ekiller anyways

Ekiller and ting lu are the only decently splashable dark/normal types. the former can't be fit on every team since many teams would prefer a different arceus form while ting lu dies super hard to water stab, fighting tera blast, and often needs to lose a shit ton of health trying to beat Miraidon

Tera Normal is a massive waste of a tera type, it's not good for like, anything else. That also assumes you don't burn your tera beforehand and with the sheer amount of threats in the tier, it's very difficult not to.

This is the first suspect I’ve ever gotten recs for and my basic thoughts on last respects are that even thought it is not unplayably broken, it is both cheap and restrictive in the builder and should be banned. I was actually only swept by last respects once or twice and I had to make 3 alts to complete this suspect (although I was running webs so it made bascu fairly bad against me). I also think tera adds to the cheapness of bascu. I found tera ground to be the best for countering Mirai and wild charge Zacian and it won me many games I should not have won. TLDR: Last Respects does not make Ubers unplayable but it does make building and playing the metagame demonstrably worse and is an inherently cheap strategy, therefore I will be voting BAN.

Honestly, Game Freak needs to stop making moves like this. Sure, they’re less broken in the Battle Stadium/VGC metagames, but in 6v6 formats, they’re practically OHKO moves with 100% accuracy. Good riddance.

Honestly, Game Freak needs to stop making moves like this. Sure, they’re less broken in the Battle Stadium/VGC metagames, but in 6v6 formats, they’re practically OHKO moves with 100% accuracy. Good riddance.
I can see it getting nerfed next gen, like probably a 20-30 BP boost per instead of 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)