Announcement np: SS OU Suspect Process, Round 8 - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I hope you're alright ! It's my first time on the forum and I'm playing on showdown for a few weeks only but Urshifu has been around since I started to play and I would like to give an opinion for the point of view of a beginner. When you start to play Pokemon, even more online against other people you know some pokemons are broken from the start, it's a part of the game but what's interesting is that you can counter them, adapte to them but honestly, maybe and surely it's different when you're used to strategy but when I see an Urshifu I already know I've lost, even if I try differents things, anticipation or anything like that, the second it starts to launch its wicked blow it's over, I mean not later than a few minutes ago an Urshifu just destroyed all of my team with only one attack, I mean it's pratically an OHKO, and there is not drop on its attack or defense and you cannot miss it, opponent didn't even tried to play his other mons, for me there is no strategy behind that, at least not in the way we play with urshifu currently. And of course we need to adapt ourselves and find ways to beat it but when you see 4 or 5 urshifu in a row and oppopnents only use it you start to think that maybe there is a problem

Have a nice day and be fine ! Sorry if there is some mistakes, I'm from France ^^'

Ended up getting reqs for the second time, and from all the matches against balance/semi stall, Urshifu completely annihilates those archetypes outside of Clef. Future Port makes this monster even more matchup difficult and hinders so much momemtum for opposing teams to even handle. Wicked Blow bypasses so much defensive mechanics that it makes it nearly non-conterable, and even if you can play around that, Sucker Punch is there to maneuver against faster threats.

Dark/Fighting is a great typing for this mon with insane offensive stats.

Urshifu gotta go. BAN

Last edited:
Ok, so Urshifu is... *drumroll*
Pretty gosh darn broken.
It has 2 great STABs, perfect coverage, a base 130 attack stat, a pretty strong STAB priority move to make up for the 97 speed stat, a 80 base power 100% accurate move that always crits, AND you cannot protect scout because of it's ability.

There are some good reasons/counters to not ban Single Strike Urshifu, but most of the counters are just around for it and do not do anything else (mainly Buzzswole), are not actually counters for it because it has very viable coverage options that at least 2ko them (Tapu Fini, Clefable, ect.), or just don't stand up to it very well because even its checks can't take too many hits from it!

I see that a lot of people have specific counters JUST TORWARDS URSHIFU, and so they say it is fine and that there is not really a big need to ban it, the most notable few being Chople Berry Melmetal, Draco Chomp, and changing some defensive pokemon to pure physical varients. Well, if you need to have a SPESIFIC STRAT TO TAKE A SINGLE POKEMON DOWN, then IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED.

I vote ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)