np: RU stage 16 - Ding Dong The Witch is Dead

In regards to Magneton i agree with you that using it as a bulky attacker is fairly effective you made a lot of good points, also i'm sure there are even people out there that just assume it has Magnet Pull and are not paying attention so they think they are trapped when they really are not XD. Magneton is very versatile i find it very ingesting that at one time that was the final evo for that particular tree, sometimes i even forget all about Magnezone being the final Evo for the Magnemite family. Also for Magneton he does have the advantage of sleep talk/rest if you choose to go the specially defensive route and be used to take any sleep moves plus he even can survive a Moltres LO flamethrower with stealth rock damage if i remember right for the specially defensive set and OHKO back with T-Bolt. Also another interesting fact about Probopass is that it has access to the ability of Sturdy as well much like Steelix, he seems to have a bit of everything but at the same time for me yes i would have liked him to have a little more offensive capabilities, but i think he would still be a bit interesting to use, that Rock/Steel typing is a blessing and a curse at the same time for him XD, but yea i just like trying new things and seeing how effective they are in action.

In regards to Magneton i agree with you that using it as a bulky attacker is fairly effective you made a lot of good points, also i'm sure there are even people out there that just assume it has Magnet Pull and are not paying attention so they think they are trapped when they really are not XD. Magneton is very versatile i find it very ingesting that at one time that was the final evo for that particular tree, sometimes i even forget all about Magnezone being the final Evo for the Magnemite family. Also for Magneton he does have the advantage of sleep talk/rest if you choose to go the specially defensive route and be used to take any sleep moves plus he even can survive a Moltres LO flamethrower with stealth rock damage if i remember right for the specially defensive set and OHKO back with T-Bolt. Also another interesting fact about Probopass is that it has access to the ability of Sturdy as well much like Steelix, he seems to have a bit of everything but at the same time for me yes i would have liked him to have a little more offensive capabilities, but i think he would still be a bit interesting to use, that Rock/Steel typing is a blessing and a curse at the same time for him XD, but yea i just like trying new things and seeing how effective they are in action.
Probopass does have sturdy, but Probopass is more prone to fighting types than Magneton is, making Magneton a much better pokemon. Plus Magneton can run a scarf set, which is pretty effective imo, and also Magneton has better stats than Probopass really overall. Probopass isn't even seen much in NU really, and he's only on maybe every 1 out of 10 teams, I'd imagine it'd be even less in RU. Steelix is better than Probopass even though they have the same ability, because Steelix is one that can live pretty much any physical hit, and do a decent amount back. Steelix is a very good mon, and has a better typing for it, unlike Probo. Probo does get something against the likes of Steelix which is Earth Power, but then Probopass loses to Steelix, mainly because Probopass has like a base 70 special attack stat,which isn't the best sp. attack stat,but then again he might win because Steelix has horrible special defense. Probopass also doesn't have an electric immunity, which is another reason to run Steelix over it. Also, when it comes to Magneton, Magneton can do some pretty good damage to Probopass.

I hope you enjoyed my rant on why Steelix is better than Probopass in many ways. Haven't used Magneton at all, but I've seen how it works in battles ^_^

Yea, Steelix can take the physical hits alot better then Probo, Probo is more balanced defensively with a 145 base in Def and a 150 base in Sp.Def, so he can take specials hits a lot better then Steelix, but at the same time he can't take the same amount of Physical damage that Steelix can, in all honestly in Probo where to have levitate and did not need to use air balloon or magnet rise to avoid ground attacks it may be a whole different story as he would be immune to something else other then poison. as for Probos Sp.Attack i believe it is at 75 if i remember right so yea he can not hit has hard as steelix, there is a trade off between the two as Probo i believe have a higher hp total and speed total along with sp.def and a bit more options move set wise and ability wise, while Steelix has way better Def and can hit harder and has immunity to electric attacks which is always a plus so i can see why Steelix see's more use then the floating Mario head plus i am kind of fond of Steelix from the GSC days because he is kinda cool XD.

So how do you guys feel about the giant hovering nose of steel? He seems to have a niche as a steel trapper much like Magneton, but a lot more bulky defensively with 145 base Sp.Def and a 150 base Def, He also seems to have a respectable Sp.Att stat for something as bulky as he is with a base of 75. He also has access to Volt Switch and Stealth Rock which are two really useful moves. With magnet pull he can trap other steels such as Escavalier, Magneton, Steelix, Aggron, Kinklang, Ferroseed and Durant to name a few. The drawbacks i see with Probo is his low base hp which is a rather weak 60 and his slow base speed of 40 it has a nice typing of Steel/Rock that gives it numerous resistances but at the same time it is one of its weaknesses and it doesn't have any real form of recovery. However it seems to be a excellent support team mate because of its ability of a slow volt switch and having access to Stealth Rock and even access to Toxic. So what do you guys think? Does Probo warrant more use or do you feel it where it belongs?

here is how i think i would set it up.

160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe , can be changed around if you want more bulk as well.
Nature:Modest
Item: Either Leftovers or Air Balloon, both have there advantages and disadvantages of course
Ability:Magnet Pull
Moves:
-Stealth Rock/HP Fire, if i already have a SR user then i would of course go with the HP Fire
-Power Gem/Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-Volt Switch

Any thoughts or suggestions or ideas on how you would use it?

Depending on what you choose:
Probopass
HP - 252 = 328 (Fully invested 60 HP)
Defense - 252+ = 427 (Fully invested 145 Def)
Special Defense - 252+ = 438 (Fully invested 150 SpD)
Average - ~397

Magneton with Eviolite
HP - 252 = 304 (Fully invested 50 HP)
Defense - 252+ = 475 (Fully invested 167/168 Def)
Special Defense - 252+ = 393 (Fully invested ~120 SpD)
Average - ~390

Magneton is still better with a better typing, and Probopass is only a tad more bulkly with average in stats. But, Magneton has a much higher SpA, better Speed, and actual variety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)