np: Doubles OU Stage 4 - Infamous | Jirachi (Stays in DOU) | Swagger is Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Hi everyone

So I know Gravity + Sleep Move was quickbanned by the council back in March of 2015 since there are several replays demonstrating how priority Gravity + Mega Gengar's Hypnosis is broken, and I agree that it's broken.

However when trying to find a game on the ladder with my prestigious Poliwrath team I couldn't use it because it featured Spore & Gravity.

This doesn't make sense since Spore is already 100% acc so I was wondering if there was any way to fix this? I know it's not very relevant and theres only two months of ORAS left but I want to use my cool Poliwrath Gravity team lol.

E: I know it's Sleep Move + Gravity I was just using Hypnosis as an example.

Last edited:

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Still, since Spore is 100% accurate it seems rather silly that it isn't allowed in combination with Gravity. It doesn't satisfy the conditions for which the clause was created in the first place, so that combination being prohibited seems senseless.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think I remember the council briefly talking about excluding Spore from the ban, but for whatever reason that was deemed as making it more complex than it needed to be. idk... it does seem pretty silly to ban it so I would support carving it out. Technically it does still have a real effect if your accuracy gets dropped by Muddy Water, Flash, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)