np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 3 - Dazed and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
^I think Spore could be added to this, but doesn't really matter I guess.

I have a question: are we arguing that (for those against Moody), that
Moody is broken, or that
Moody is based on hax?

Or are these equivalent?
Pretty sure the key arguments are

For moody unban:
It's too luck based and can often screw you over.

For moody's ban to stay:
It allows unskilled players to beat better players.
Those "setup" turns to start protect + sub are hard to obtain.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
Here is the very first rule on the Rules page:
(I don't mean to minimod, I just want to state our philosophy.)

Banning Smeargle from Ubers is therefore out of the question because it goes against the whole point of Ubers: to use any Pokémon you want. If we ban anything in this situation, it would be Moody.
Well, that brings up whether or not anything should actually be banned in the uber tier, :)

I'm not saying we should do one thing instead of something else, but I thought I'd just toss out my own two cents.

(Probably MeteorMiss)

Except Smeargle is not the only Moody mon that can abuse it, he's just the best at doing so. Glalie and Bibarel are also absurdly broken with Moody (apparently Octillery as well but that low speed turned me off when I tried using it) as it's simply a characteristic of the ability. Taking you very own Garchomp example, OU ended up deciding Sand Veil was the broken factor as it even turned lesser Pokemon like Gliscor into monsters so they banned that instead. Yes, Garchomp (Smeargle) was the best Sand Veil abuser but that didn't stop the ability from making other Pokemon like Gliscor (Beaver, Face, Octupus) absurd as well.

Here is the very first rule on the Rules page:
(I don't mean to minimod, I just want to state our philosophy.)

Banning Smeargle from Ubers is therefore out of the question because it goes against the whole point of Ubers: to use any Pokémon you want. If we ban anything in this situation, it would be Moody.
lol
we aren't banning smeargle, we are banning MOODY. its like how OHKO moves aren't pokemon either, but banned from ubers.
also I'm actually much more pissed with normal hax, like how ekiller keeps critting me and its a routine for kyogre and giratina-o to select rest with sleep talk on their first time using it, then the rest is about 75% chance of roar or rest >:(
and how stone edge misses like half the time, iron head doesn't ever flinch and I never get a useful crit, even after 40 turns

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Almost forgot about this:

[/IMG]

this is not a voter ID thread...

moody is dumb, cant wait to test sleep clause next ;d
Oops, my bad. I guess I can talk about my moody experience. Well, it was pretty evil. :(

Smeargle was the only viable user from what I saw, with Spore and Baton Pass it got pretty annoying. If it gained an Evasion Boost or a Speed Boost early on then it can be pretty tough to take it down. Especially if it stalls for enough boosts to the point where he can Baton Pass it to a indestructible Dialga or Arceus. D:

Also, sorry for the off topic comment here but I can only imagine the hell Smeargle will put all of us through if Moody somehow gets unbanned and then we test for Sleep Clause. x_x

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Sleep Clause. Oh dear. Here comes the army of people using Darkrai.

From what I've experienced so far by fighting Moody users, IT should stay banned. Once it gets rolling, it's very hard to stop. More Specifically, Smeargle+Espeon+Wobba. If Smeargle BTs to Espeon, removing the boosts becomes much harder, while wobba disables threats like Perish Song Arceus, andHeart Swap Manaphy And let's not forget substantial usage of
Sub+protect to bide for time. I didn't have too much trouble, but that was because A. Perish song Arceus B. Choice Scarfer on my team knows Trick, and C. Phazing. Moody is too luck reliable to stay here. It needs to be banned.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sleep Clause. Oh dear. Here comes the army of people using Darkrai.

From what I've experienced so far by fighting Moody users, IT should stay banned. Once it gets rolling, it's very hard to stop. More Specifically, Smeargle+Espeon+Wobba. If Smeargle BTs to Espeon, removing the boosts becomes much harder, while wobba disables threats like Perish Song Arceus, andHeart Swap Manaphy And let's not forget substantial usage of
Sub+protect to bide for time. I didn't have too much trouble, but that was because A. Perish song Arceus B. Choice Scarfer on my team knows Trick, and C. Phazing. Moody is too luck reliable to stay here. It needs to be banned.
I don't think I'll get reqs, but this is right. I'm testing a moody team for the lulz and it's pretty ridiculous. With some luck, you just sweep. Most of my win have been Glalie sweeping uber teams. I lose often too, but I win more than I lose and I'm using all RU and NU Pokémon that are pretty shitty.

I don't think I'll get reqs, but this is right. I'm testing a moody team for the lulz and it's pretty ridiculous. With some luck, you just sweep. Most of my win have been Glalie sweeping uber teams. I lose often too, but I win more than I lose and I'm using all RU and NU Pokémon that are pretty shitty.
Give this guy reqs.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Didnt have much luck (skills ?) to reach the reqs yet, but from what I saw, the best way to hope to not be wrecked by evasion bullshit was to play with fastmons so you dont let him too many try to get his boosts.
Honestly, nothing surprising, we all knew what was going to happen by testing Moody. I dont think I need to explain why since Melee mewtwo and the other already did it in the previous posts.

Probably going to try to reach the reqs before the deadline this WE.
Couldn't reach it, too bad, but my opinion about it is still the same.

so laddering was quite painful because i screwed some alts, i hated to play against moody teams, sometimes the really screwed me, and sometimes they did nothing but wasting time of the players. i also hate that they can use protect to set up. based on luck, but adds nothing good to ubers imo :s

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off
An interesting point about mono-attacker 0 SpA Glalie: it's more or less completely walled by max/max calm Tenta with Protect, even when its at +6 SpA. If the Glalie is using Tant/Frost Breath/Sub/Protect it literally is incapable of breaking through Tenta in rain. Frost Breath does just over 25% at best, and between Rain Dish, Glalie needing to Taunt to stop Protect, and the initial Protect on each Taunt, Glalie can never make progress, and will lose the PP war to Rapid Spin. This isn't too significant, but mono Glalie is actually one of the more threatening moody-mons when played correctly so I thought I'd mention it.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
It's probably too late now since people are dead set against it, but I just wanted to say that Skill Swap is the ultimate counter against Moody because nobody sees that coming.
Mewtwo, Lugia and Deoxys learn it. Jirachi does too but you probably don't want to risk giving Serene Grace to something like Kyogre on the switch, while losing Pressure isn't a big deal.
As you can expect the results are absolutely hilarious and devastating.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Turn 16

The foe's Smeargle used Protect!
But it failed!

Mewtwo used Skill Swap!
Mewtwo swapped abilities with its target!
Mewtwo's Moody sharply raised its Speed!
Mewtwo's Moody lowered its Attack!

heh heh

Why was Smeargle Protect spamming? (and IIRC, Skill Swap fails if the opposing Pokemon is behind a Sub)

It's probably too late now since people are dead set against it, but I just wanted to say that Skill Swap is the ultimate counter against Moody because nobody sees that coming.
Mewtwo, Lugia and Deoxys learn it. Jirachi does too but you probably don't want to risk giving Serene Grace to something like Kyogre on the switch, while losing Pressure isn't a big deal.
As you can expect the results are absolutely hilarious and devastating.
heart swap manaphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)