SPOILERS! Notable new Paldea Pokémon

Thinking about both Singles and Doubles, going through main strenghts of Pokémon I find most compelling, feel free to contribute as well!
All information can be found here: file:///media/fuse/drivefs-c1e65076c636bbedc72522412d2dc6d4/root/SV_pokemon_info.txt

Meowscarada (Grass/Dark)
Ability: Protean
BST: 76/110/70/81/70/123
Notable moves:
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Low Kick
- Spikes
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Claw
Protean abuser. I know Protean was nerfed, but even so, getting a Grass-type Wicked Blow (Flower Trick) is kind of nuts in my opinion. It gets some other interesting supportive moves as well.

Palafin (Water)
Ability: Zero to Hero
BST: 100/70/72/53/62/100 (Zero) / 100/160/97/106/87/100 (Hero)
Notable moves:
- Flip Turn
- Waterfall
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Acrobatics
This Pokémon ability makes so when it switches, it changes to its Hero form, making it gain Legendary-Pokémon stats. Considering you can Flip Turn with your 100 Base Speed out and activate this ability, should be a easy Pokémon to get rolling.

Cetitan (Ice)
Ability: Thick Fat, Slush Rush, Sheer Force
BST: 170/113/65/45/55/73
Notable moves:
- Ice Spinner / Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
This Pokémon got so many indirect buffs with the introduction of Snow, boosting its Defense stat, and Terastalize being able to rid off its Ice-type. I think he's extremely dangerous, specially with that Sheer Force ability.

Baxcalibur (Ice/Dragon)
Ability: Thermal Exchange
BST: 115/145/92/75/86/87
Notable moves:
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Claw
- Breaking Swipe
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
It's our pseudo-legendary; Dragon Dance sweeper with amazing coverage. Thermal Exchange makes it immune to Fire-type attacks, which is great. Excited to see how this one plays out, if it is as good as Kyurem.

Cyclizar (Normal/Dragon)
Ability: Regenerator
BST: 70/95/65/85/65/121
Notable moves:
- Shed Tail
It gets Regenerator and a 121 Speed stat. I'm concerned on how Shed Tail can affect this metagame, lol.

Pawmot (Electric/Fighting)
Ability: Iron Fist
BST: 70/115/70/70/60/105
Notable moves:
- Revival Blessing
Now we can revive our Pokémon. Nice!

Glimmora (Poison/Rock)
Ability: Toxic Debris
BST: 83/55/90/130/81/86
Notable moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
Its ability sets Toxic Spikes if hit, sounds good as a hazard stacking Pokémon.

Tinkaton (Fairy/Steel)
Ability: Own Tempo
BST: 85/75/77/70/105/94
Notable moves:
- Gigaton Hammer
- Ice Hammer
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
Really hyped for this one. A Fairy/Steel type with a 160 BP move? Coming from that 75 base Attack it sounds weak, but with the help of Swords Dance, I'm sure it can give some teams trouble.

Will write about Paradox Pokémon later.

Last edited:
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Planning
I made this list and just finished with it (if no one can open it lmk)

Please note that:
  • not ALL gen 9 pokémon are on this list
  • I won’t be doing legendaries
  • paradox Pokémon are added
  • I only put in the useful abilties for each pokémon
There may be some other pokémon that I did not include because they were literal sh!t. Feel free to observe this and ask any questions if you need (might not be active during several times of the day/night), but I will as fast as I can to respond.

Attachments

Last edited:
Also, you can use this list to add more competitive speculations for EVERY Paldea Pokémon (maybe start with Skeledirge and Quaquaval since Meowscarada is already done).

Also, you can use this list to add more competitive speculations for EVERY Paldea Pokémon (maybe start with Skeledirge and Quaquaval since Meowscarada is already done).
I don't really think ALL of them are necessary, Quaquaval and Skeledirge may be interesting but I think they lack tools to be strong in the metagame

Ok, not every Pokémon I guess
I don't really think ALL of them are necessary, Quaquaval and Skeledirge may be interesting but I think they lack tools to be strong in the metagame
Ok, not all of them, but I would also love to find out of which Pokémon belongs in what tier and the moveset opportunities. Meowscarada is most likely in OU or above and the other 2 starters seem even better competitively than the Gen 8 starters!!!

Ok, not every Pokémon I guess

Ok, not all of them, but I would also love to find out of which Pokémon belongs in what tier and the moveset opportunities. Meowscarada is most likely in OU or above and the other 2 starters seem even better competitively than the Gen 8 starters!!!
That's impossible to say this early.

But if we have all of the base stats, abilities, and moves for every Pokémon already, then why not start somewhere.
Because that's not how metagames work. Things develop over time.

For example, Spectrier when it was revealed was considered to be a joke that'd drop to untiered, it's now banned to Ubers.
Meanwhile Regieleki was super hyped due to its high speed and dmg... and dropped to UU and it was barely even good there.

Unfortunately, just stats and movesets don't work in a vacuum, because strategies get discovered once they get put in practice one against the other.

Because that's not how metagames work. Things develop over time.

For example, Spectrier when it was revealed was considered to be a joke that'd drop to untiered, it's now banned to Ubers.
Meanwhile Regieleki was super hyped due to its high speed and dmg... and dropped to UU and it was barely even good there.

Unfortunately, just stats and movesets don't work in a vacuum, because strategies get discovered once they get put in practice one against the other.
Ok, I understand. I've actually been using Smogon for years but never until yesterday I decided to contribute on Smogon Forums.

Ok, I understand. I've actually been using Smogon for years but never until yesterday I decided to contribute on Smogon Forums.
Worry not then, because OU has a entire topic dedicated to this kind of speculation with much better player than I can ever be (so do other subforums like AG, Ubers and the cartridge related ones)

quaquaval could easily go ou. close combat aqua step swords dance and brave bird is a nasty set, you could even run 4 attacks thanks to moxie. this pokemon's signature move allowing it to raise its speed combined with moxie means it can snowball very quickly into a sweep. water fighting overall is a good typing and with a coverage move like brave bird and access to uturn this pokemon will be very strong.

The problem quaquaval is going to face is the awkard speed tier.
It *can* snowball out of control, but it actually has to get a killing blow with the signature move or get a free turn to use it on a swap and then pick a KO right after.
On a typing that's going to be somewhat easy to abuse due to the fact Electric terrain is looking to be pretty common, as well as Sun negating its stab damage.

Imo it's going to be another UUBL case or even just drop to UU, and it'll just be used on rain teams in OU.

The problem quaquaval is going to face is the awkard speed tier.
It *can* snowball out of control, but it actually has to get a killing blow with the signature move or get a free turn to use it on a swap and then pick a KO right after.
On a typing that's going to be somewhat easy to abuse due to the fact Electric terrain is looking to be pretty common, as well as Sun negating its stab damage.

Imo it's going to be another UUBL case or even just drop to UU, and it'll just be used on rain teams in OU.
I feel that with the predicted new use of sun, many people will be running rain as a response. also although its speed tier is awkward, plus one is faster that dragapult.

Skeledirge (fire starter) seems slept on so far. It’s got a good ability in unaware, is pretty bulky (104/100/76) pretty high special attack stat of 110 with a sig move that gives a guaranteed boost to special attack (with a solid 80 bp to boot). Combine that with stab shadow ball and earth power and you’ve got pretty solid coverage. Even has recovery with slack off and status with willo wisp (and sing I guess, for whatever that’s worth). It’s speed and a pretty bad but that’s the only major downside I see. Teenaged I’m not exactly a top tier player or anything so maybe there is something I’m missing but it sure seems pretty solid imo, I’m surprised nobody really is talking about it

Skeledirge (fire starter) seems slept on so far. It’s got a good ability in unaware, is pretty bulky (104/100/76) pretty high special attack stat of 110 with a sig move that gives a guaranteed boost to special attack (with a solid 80 bp to boot). Combine that with stab shadow ball and earth power and you’ve got pretty solid coverage. Even has recovery with slack off and status with willo wisp (and sing I guess, for whatever that’s worth). It’s speed and a pretty bad but that’s the only major downside I see. Teenaged I’m not exactly a top tier player or anything so maybe there is something I’m missing but it sure seems pretty solid imo, I’m surprised nobody really is talking about it
If I had a pp for every time someone mentioned that skeledirge is slept on / underrated, I'd have more pp than recover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)