SM PU normalium-z noctowl + natural gift leaf

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hi there, I was looking for a Pokemon to build around and I wanted something innovative. So I chose to build around Noctowl and Leafeon natural gift that is a pretty good offensive core who can easily defeat an unprepared opponent to these two pokémon which is very common.
:xy/noctowl:
Noctowl @ Normalium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
Here we got the absolut beast of the team, our z-hyper beam noctowl. This Pokémon is an absolut monster it just pick a kill per game if used correctly with the Normalium-Z and its ability Tinted Lens. The speed is there to outspeed the pokemon that crip to 220 in the tier and they are a lot in that case. Hurricane is a powerfull stab move and heat wave is used to hit super effectively pokemon such as Alola-Slash and ferroseed but u won't have to click heat wave too much
:xy/leafeon:
Leafeon @ Bluk Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
Here we have the second beast of the team and one of the most underrated pokemon in the current PU metagame : Leafeon. This pokemon is absolutly ridiculous in the current metagame with its decent speed and its acces to Swords dance and a pretty fine movepool. Here we use Leaf Blade as the STAB move and natural gift [fire] to hit Pokemon of the grass or steel type such as sandslash ferroseed torterra or abomasnow. Knock off helps to hit some flying and ghost type more effectively and can be used as a coverage move if natural gift have been already used.
:xy/jellicent:
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover
- Taunt
Probably my favorite pokemon of the generation, I've been using it in almost every team recently. Jellicent is ridiculously broken with the colbur Berry set and give a fire and ice resist to help leafeon and noctowl. Also it burns offensive pokemon and with the big amount of speed we have here it can taunt almost all the defensive pokemon of the tier and avoid to get statued by a toxic. Also cursed body can be ridiculous if u get a little bit Lucky and jelli brings a fighting immunity and a non scrappy normal immunity which is pretty important.
:xy/carbink:
Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Rest
I needed a SR setter and a normal resist that has a good spd so i directly chose carbink which was an awesome pick because it pairs well with Jellicent. The only weakness they have in common is the grass weakness which is covered by leaf and noctowl. the change that I could make on that carbink is probably to put calm mind over toxic et toxic scald on Jelli but the team went like that and it works pretty well so far.
:xy/primeape:
Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch/Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
Then we have the staple choice scarf user Primeape that pressures so much the opponent with its capacity of Revenge Killer and its access to U-Turn. We have Close Combat as a main STAB and gunk shot to hit the fairy types and for the last move I had a hard time choosing between ice punch and stone edge but they both have different things to hit. Ice punch is espacially there for Torterra and to hit some flying types on the switch and avoid missing a Stone Edge but if u want to use Stone Edge its up to you both are decent choices.
:sm/silvally-dragon:
Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog
Silvally-Dragon was my last pick because i needed a valuable eele check with decent offensive stats and an acces to Defog and U-Turn. Using U-Turn over parting shot avoids getting blocked by a Clear Body user such as regirock or carbink and avoids to loose Momentum. Draco Meteor is a powerful stab move and flamethrower helps hitting the steel types pokemon in the tier

I really enjoyed building this team it corresponds to my playstyle and its easy to play with. Hope you'll like it!
also s/o Urusius and Laevin for checking the build with me when it was done!
Edit : s/o Squash17 ^_^ because you harrassed me in pm :pikuh:

Here's the complete export :
Export of the team

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello zSpxdes,

I am a big fan of Noctowl myself so I can defiantly appreciate a team like this. The team seems pretty damn solid with no giant obvious weaknesses. I love the use of Silvally-Dragon here to help check Fire-types as well as Eelektross. I feel you don't really need to lure in Ferroseed here, as you actually deal with it decently but still a cool lure and allows it to threaten Skuntank, which this team is a bit weak to so that's pretty cool. Not many changes can be made with out oping holes to other things, but I don't think that's a giant deal as like I said there is no real glaring weaknesses besides maybe Aggron and Lycanroc, but you check them offensively pretty well so no real reason to stress to much about that.

Set Changes:

:noctowl:
:sm/noctowl:
Noctowl @ NormaliumZ ---> Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam ---> Agility
- Heat Wave ---> Work Up
- Hurricane
- Roost

I tested the team out a bit and I really feel you just want Dual Dance Noctowl here. Hurricane is only slightly weaker then Hyper Beam, even in its Z form and giving it Flyinium Z over Normalium Z actually helps it break more things when you consider it can now hit Ghost-types with its Z move. Work Up is also really nice as it help do massive damage to things trying to switch in as Work Up into Supersonic Skystrike almost OHKOs the entire metagame after Stealth Rock damage really only missing out on Assault Vest Lanturn and very specially defensive walls. Agility also helps in beating offensive teams so this is really the way to go.

Pokemon Changes:

:carbink: ---> :regirock:
:sm/regirock:
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Honestly, this change is a bit more optimal but in the long run Regirock sponges hits much better then Carbink and helps switch into Skuntank much better. It's just that your offensive core is a bit weak to Skuntank so not having a super solid switch into it can be a bit troublesome and Regirock still deals with your Flying-types and Normal-types. That being said it leaves you noticeably weaker to Drampa and opposing Silvally-Fairy, but I think Regirock would be better in more match ups.

Team Changes <--- Click For importable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)