Nonsense Theorymons

Status
Not open for further replies.
DialgaTheTimeLord
How is your stance on changing submitions? I don't think they should be banned but they could be exploited if you are just gonna tell everyone your stance on the issue, you probably keep your comments to infraction or when someone really missed the point. To be more direct or changing submitions is banned or you should stop commenting. This is the least.
My biggest problem is with the organization, I like the chaotic style of just submitting what you want but if you want this to be more controlled this should go by groups, that way we can focus on developing those pokes instead of just throwing a bunch of random pokes at you and seeing what sticks.
Also you should develop a council, I know this isn' t even close to be playable but since you are the only one choosing the submitions you should at the very least have 2 more people to help you choose and help you tie break.
You could always just do a community vote like MegasForAll.

DialgaTheTimeLord
How is your stance on changing submitions? I don't think they should be banned but they could be exploited if you are just gonna tell everyone your stance on the issue, you probably keep your comments to infraction or when someone really missed the point. To be more direct or changing submitions is banned or you should stop commenting. This is the least.
My biggest problem is with the organization, I like the chaotic style of just submitting what you want but if you want this to be more controlled this should go by groups, that way we can focus on developing those pokes instead of just throwing a bunch of random pokes at you and seeing what sticks.
Also you should develop a council, I know this isn' t even close to be playable but since you are the only one choosing the submitions you should at the very least have 2 more people to help you choose and help you tie break.
You could always just do a community vote like MegasForAll.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm really new to this, so any suggestions are welcome. I'm still getting used to this, so I appreciate the help. Next round of submissions will be strictly one per person. I'd rather keep the submission format, but I think a council would be useful. I'll define what a "round" is in the OP, as that may be part of the issue, but making submissions be limited to one per person will also make it harder to abuse the system.
You can be part of the council if you want, since you came up with the idea. Unless of course you have other priorities.
Also Robin is my main in Smash Bros.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
1) Steel/Fighting Pure Power Registeel with Trick Room. Really bulky with a good defensive and offensive typing and hits hard and is really "fast" but requires a turn or 2 of setup. This Registeel would likely run a set of Trick Room/Curse/Hammer Arm/Iron Head.

2) Defeatist Regigigas with Recover. Decently speedy and decently bulky and really strong physically, but Defeatist does hinder it. Recover lets it negate Defeatist temporarily once activated. Having Defeatist as opposed to Slow Start lets it have some sort of viability without making it /too/ powerful. This Regigigas would probably run a set of Crush Grip/Drain Punch/Knock Off/Recover.

3) Bug/Steel Battle Armour Vespiquen with Swords Dance. Nice defensive stats of 70/102/102 and now has a much better defensive typing in Bug/Steel. Battle Armour lets it become a sturdy mixed wall with Defend Order whilst not having to worry about a critical hit doing her in, and Howl lets her have some sort of an offensive presence with Attack Order. This Vespiquen would probably run a set of its 3 signature moves + SD.

Last edited:
Well, this raises the question of how conflicting submissions are handled, since I already submitted a Vespiquen idea.

I like the Regi ideas though, those are cool.

Also, I can probably handle the coding for this, since it involves no novel coding. (Please note I am a novice coder)

1) Steel/Fighting Pure Power Registeel with Trick Room. Really bulky with a good defensive and offensive typing and hits hard and is really "fast" but requires a turn or 2 of setup. This Registeel would likely run a set of Trick Room/Curse/Hammer Arm/Iron Head.

2) Defeatist Regigigas with Recover. Decently speedy and decently bulky and really strong physically, but Defeatist does hinder it. Recover lets it negate Defeatist temporarily once activated. Having Defeatist as opposed to Slow Start lets it have some sort of viability without making it /too/ powerful. This Regigigas would probably run a set of Crush Grip/Drain Punch/Knock Off/Recover.

3) Bug/Steel Battle Armour Vespiquen with Howl. Nice defensive stats of 70/102/102 and now has a much better defensive typing in Bug/Steel. Battle Armour lets it become a sturdy mixed wall with Defend Order whilst not having to worry about a critical hit doing her in, and Howl lets her have some sort of an offensive presence with Attack Order. This Vespiquen would probably run a set of its 3 signature moves + Howl.
I like all of these. Though Vespiquen may be better off with Swords Dance. Howl is a terrible setup move. Unless you think SD is too much.

Well, this raises the question of how conflicting submissions are handled, since I already submitted a Vespiquen idea.

I like the Regi ideas though, those are cool.

Also, I can probably handle the coding for this, since it involves no novel coding. (Please note I am a novice coder)
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!! (Of course I still need a server. If you know anybody...)
Anyway, only one for any Pokemon can be picked, if any, and if a Pokemon has already passed, no more submissions for that 'mon can be made.
EDIT: They could be added as forme changes if multiple of the same Pokemon were accepted (though it's unlikely). Formes can have different types, moves, and abilities, so it'd be the most logical choice.

Last edited:
I like all of these. Though Vespiquen may be better off with Swords Dance. Howl is a terrible setup move. Unless you think SD is too much.
SD would be better yeah, since this isn't the super awesome Howl from a Pet Mod I'm working on. (Sound-based 100% accuracy -2 Attack to target foe, and if it succeeds, the user's Attack increases by 1 stage.)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I originally had Simple as Vespiquen's ability to complement Defend Order, so I put Howl in because Swords Dance would definitely have been too much. I chose Battle Armour instead because I wanted Vespiquen to not be fucked over by a crit and I somehow got myself thinking Howl would still raise attack by +2. I've changed it to Swords Dance.

I originally had Simple as Vespiquen's ability to complement Defend Order, so I put Howl in because Swords Dance would definitely have been too much. I chose Battle Armour instead because I wanted Vespiquen to not be fucked over by a crit and I somehow got myself thinking Howl would still raise attack by +2. I've changed it to Swords Dance.
Plus, if you did have Simple, it'd be too close to a previous suggestion.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I know you said 3 submissions per person but I just have so many ideas!

4) Rock/Fairy Sand Stream Regirock with Ingrain. This thing would be a monster defensively. Sand Stream boosts its already decent Special Defense and it's Defense is already monstrous. Rock/Fairy is a decent defensive typing due to resisting both Knock Off and U-Turn and being immune to Dragon.

5) Prankster Smeargle. Hue. This thing is banned in AAA for a reason.

6) Fire/Dragon Contrary Victini with Draco Meteor. This should need no explanation.

7) Wonder Guard Archeops with Reflect Type. 5 weaknesses? Check. (Rock, Water, Steel, Electric, Ice) Fast with insane power? Check. Frail? Check. Plus Reflect Type can mess with the type chart quite a bit as the Pokemon switching in to Reflect Type might not carry a move super-effective against itself.

8) Ghost/Dark Illusion Dusclops with Shadow Force. Utilizes Illusion quite well, is pretty bulky, and hits really hard with Shadow Force. Because Dusclops is so slow, if you bring it in disguised as a check/counter to whatever you switch in on you can force a switch and Shadow Force on the switch, which breaks through Protect.

The OP lists Ghost/Fairy Delphox+Mold Breaker+Stealth Rock twice.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!! (Of course I still need a server. If you know anybody...)
Well, Snaquaza is hosting like literally every OM invented, but I don't think he's hosted any Pet Mods yet. On the other hand, Pet Mods never seem to go anywhere in general, so that might be on the Pet Mods rather than an unwillingness on Snaquaza's part. I dunno.

EDIT: They could be added as forme changes if multiple of the same Pokemon were accepted (though it's unlikely). Formes can have different types, moves, and abilities, so it'd be the most logical choice.
I haven't the foggiest how adding in Forms works, so we'd need to get some outside assistance if we went that route, if only to lay out how it works the one time.

4) Rock/Fairy Sand Stream Regirock with Ingrain. This thing would be a monster defensively. Sand Stream boosts its already decent Special Defense and it's Defense is already monstrous. Rock/Fairy is a decent defensive typing due to resisting both Knock Off and U-Turn and being immune to Dragon.
Having used Assault Vest Sand Stream Regirock in AAA, yeah, it's pretty tough, but it's not actually all that great. Rock/Fairy is also a pretty awful typing -anything with Steel coverage, let alone Steel STAB, explodes you, and Ingrain traps you. (Give it Aqua Ring for maximum wtf/actual usability) Immunity to Dragon is nice, but not that nice. You'd also have literally no Fairy STAB -there isn't even a Hidden Power Fairy, and even if there was it's on the wrong attacking stat.

8) Ghost/Dark Illusion Dusclops with Shadow Force. Utilizes Illusion quite well, is pretty bulky, and hits really hard with Shadow Force. Because Dusclops is so slow, if you bring it in disguised as a check/counter to whatever you switch in on you can force a switch and Shadow Force on the switch, which breaks through Protect.
Shadow Force is still crap (They switch in, you Shadow Force, they switch in their Normal type, you waste your turn), so barring hazards abuse it wouldn't be that great. Dusclops itself is 99% of the time an Eviolite Dusclops with heavy defensive investment and not using its actual offensive stats, so Shadow Force would just be mocking it -here, we could've given you a move you actually want Dusclops, but instead we gave you Shadow Force! Especially since Dusclop's Attack is bad -70 Attack is nothing to cheer over, and Shadow Force doesn't help. Even trapping the "wrong" Pokemon with Mean Look first wouldn't go very far because Dusclop's offense is bad and Shadow Force is, being a two-turn move, effectively 60 BP worth of move. That's no stronger than Shadow Punch, only more predictable.

Also: General question. When do we move from 4+ pages of submissions to doing anything with them?

EDIT: Derp, Snaquaza is hosting Pet Mods. 3 in fact. Still would have to ask him yourself, though.

Last edited:
I know you said 3 submissions per person but I just have so many ideas!

6) Fire/Dragon Contrary Victini with Draco Meteor. This should need no explanation.
Victini's already B rank. Read the viability thread.

7) Wonder Guard Archeops with Reflect Type. 5 weaknesses? Check. (Rock, Water, Steel, Electric, Ice) Fast with insane power? Check. Frail? Check. Plus Reflect Type can mess with the type chart quite a bit as the Pokemon switching in to Reflect Type might not carry a move super-effective against itself.

4) Rock/Fairy Sand Stream Regirock with Ingrain.
What Ghoul said.

Then it'd be banned here for a reason.

6) Fire/Dragon Contrary Victini with Draco Meteor.
Victini's already B rank. Read the viability thread. PLUS, I said the point is not to overpower 'mons

7) Wonder Guard Archeops with Reflect Type.
It has too much offensive power to be accepted. It'd have to have one thing and one thing only that it specialized in, like the Grass/Psy Sunflora. Plus, there's a reason it has a hindering ability. A 572 BST with Wonder Guard is nothing to scoff at.

8) Ghost/Dark Illusion Dusclops with Shadow Force.
As Ghoul said again.

Also, I said no more than three. I cannot stress this enough. I have enough 'mons to sort through as is. If you have any more ideas, please wait until the next round. Some people got off easy already, but they were here before the rule was made. From this moment on, I will not allow anyone else to post more than the limit. If one at a time proves too few, I may increase it to two, but it will be a strict limit, if it even happens. even once a council is formed, three+ 'mons at a time from each person is too many to pick from.

Ghoul King
Ewan suggested I form a council for the meta. Would you mind being on it? You've already shown yourself to be pretty helpful.
The formes thing is for the future, if ever, so don't worry about it.
Also: General answer. When we get a server, I (or the council if formed by then) choose the round's 'mons, and the code is made.

Last edited:
I'm fine with being on the council.

I think you might want to get the first round selected to encourage someone with a server to come forward and host it, actually.

Also: are new Abilities intended to replace an existing Ability, or be an additional choice?

Also: Megas. How are they going to be handled/their base species going to be handled? Like, if someone submits "Poison/Dark Beedrill with Huge Power and Dragon Dance" are we going to want to change Mega Beedrill's typing to match?

Also: pre-evolutions. That Dusclops up there: would it imply Dusknoir had access to Shadow Force if it were accepted, or would it be exclusive to Dusclops?

I'm fine with being on the council.

I think you might want to get the first round selected to encourage someone with a server to come forward and host it, actually.

Also: are new Abilities intended to replace an existing Ability, or be an additional choice?

Also: Megas. How are they going to be handled/their base species going to be handled? Like, if someone submits "Poison/Dark Beedrill with Huge Power and Dragon Dance" are we going to want to change Mega Beedrill's typing to match?

Also: pre-evolutions. That Dusclops up there: would it imply Dusknoir had access to Shadow Force if it were accepted, or would it be exclusive to Dusclops?
First: agreed. I think it's about time to make a choice. Since you're part of the council, we'll have to work together.

The new ability can either be added in addition to if you know how as a legal ability, replace the least used, or replace all. What do you think?

Megas will not change unless someone suggests a change and we accept it.

I think I said this before, but I didn't put it in the OM. If a pre-evo gets access to something, none of it's other forms or evos get access to it unless accepted in a separate entry. If Eevee were given Huge Power and Calm Mind, none of it's evos would get access to Calm Mind.

EDIT: Snaquaza sounds willing to host if decisions are made.

Last edited:
Well, other than my own uncertainty as to what bit of code causes auto-inheriting and what doesn't, that sounds good to me.

As far as Abilities goes: I think that basically depends on the intent of this Pet Mod. Are we trying to expand a Pokemon's roles (Seems a little unlikely, given type changing is a thing we're doing) or are we trying to revamp them into something new entirely? I think I can handle the code part whatever we decide.

Well, other than my own uncertainty as to what bit of code causes auto-inheriting and what doesn't, that sounds good to me.

As far as Abilities goes: I think that basically depends on the intent of this Pet Mod. Are we trying to expand a Pokemon's roles (Seems a little unlikely, given type changing is a thing we're doing) or are we trying to revamp them into something new entirely? I think I can handle the code part whatever we decide.
For now at least, I think we'll replace abilities. If you learn to make forme changes, we could try it that way in the future.

Explosion + Aerilate Ninjask
I really don't know, for some reason this was all I could think of when I was reading through the OP. The thought of nuclear Cicadas is hilarious though.

Last edited:
Sheer Force Victini
Special sets become drastically more viable.

Explosion + Aerilate Ninjask
I really don't know, for some reason this was all I could think of when I was reading through the OP. The thought of nuclear Cicadas is hilarious though.
I think Victini's viability ranking is already too high for that, as much as I'd love that. Plus, well, Sheer Force Bolt Strike OP with its 169 base power. (But then again, 85% acc without Victory Star.)

Explosion + Aerilate Ninjask is fun though. I like it.

Steam Eruption Dragalge
Better water coverage could really help it out.

Fur Coat Shiftry
Try telling me that glorious mane isn't deserving of this ability.

Boomburst Audino
Obvious reasons.

Poison Heal Mega-Audino
At least you can still burn it.

Icicle Crash + Steel/Ice Klinklang
I've always thought a Steel/Ice type would make a good sweeper, just get rid of Mach Punch and boost once with Shift Gear.

Magic Guard Avalugg
With this ability alone this thing could be viable in OU due to no longer being beaten by Toxic and having recoiless Life Orb.
Make better descriptions, and FOR THE LAST TIME, ENTRIES ARE LIMITED PER PERSON!!! Please, seriously I won't accept any of these until you pick just one.

Where the craziest theories are tested
IT'S THE BIG ONE!! DUCK AND COVER! A HUGE FLOOD OF 'MONS IS HERE!!

The current 'mons are here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nonsense-theorymons-pokemon.3528318/

And there's more to come!

Note: this is NOT the place to submit ideas. This is:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nonsense-theorymons-submissions.3525954/

Feel free to discuss ideas and strategies with others though.

Play on Aqua Server RIGHT NOW!!
http://aqua.psim.us/
Thanks Snaquaza!

Wonder Clause is in effect, which means only one 'mon with Wonder Guard can be used at a time. This means Rock/Ice WG and Grass/Psy WG can't force an endless battle.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Water/Steel Crawdaunt + Technician + Bullet Punch

Crawdaunt is a crayfish, which is related to a lobster. Lobsters have hard shells, hence the steel aspect. Technician was added because of Crawdaunt's unique movepool, and Bullet Punch was added so that Crawdaunt could have a STAB steel move that was physical, which also got effected by Technician.

Water/Steel Crawdaunt + Technician + Bullet Punch

Crawdaunt is a crayfish, which is related to a lobster. Lobsters have hard shells, hence the steel aspect. Technician was added because of Crawdaunt's unique movepool, and Bullet Punch was added so that Crawdaunt could have a STAB steel move that was physical, which also got effected by Technician.
Kinda close to flavor, but I like it. It certainly can make use of priority with its massive attack. Looks good for next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)