Multi-gen NFEPL VI - Commencement Thread

Art by in the hills

Tournament Hosted by Quantum Tesseract and Nol

Post your memes, power rankings, bingos, whatever really in here, just don't step over the general smogon rule line or your post will be deleted and you may be infracted. Discussion of formats is also acceptable, but current lineup was made by, and the final decision comes down to, managers, and this will remain the case.

Announcements and Administrative Decisions Thread: TBA
Player Signups: open on July 17th
This year's planned format is: 3 SS / 1 SM / 1 BW / 1 DPP

Note: Managers have already been determined, and will be announced as soon as they finish picking team names

Last edited:
Tournament Hosted by Quantum Tesseract and Nol

Post your memes, power rankings, bingos, whatever really in here, just don't step over the general smogon rule line or your post will be deleted and you may be infracted. Discussion of formats is also acceptable, but current lineup was made by, and the final decision comes down to, managers, and this will remain the case.

Announcements and Administrative Decisions Thread: TBA
Player Signups: open on July 17th
This year's planned format is: 3 SS / 1 SM / 1 BW / 1 DPP

Note: Managers have already been determined, and will be announced as soon as they finish picking team names
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d Cool with the tiers but just curious, how many votes/tier did each tier get on the survey?

MOCC 1

1658865606436.png

Potatochan23000
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d22000
shiloh21000
The Strap19500
ojr17000
Stareal17000
Dr. Phd. BJ16500
Miyami~~~15500
ninjadog15500
TheFranklin15500
cy15500
Reece15000
HSOWA15000
gorex15000
Dragonillis13500
innovamania13500
Revenge Killer13500
Jordy13500
Beraldinho13000
Toy Time King13000
Mr.Bossaru12500
Elgino11500
Simbo11000
PandaDoux11000
Ara10500
Toto10500
pinorska10500
5Dots10500
PrinceOfAllTacos10000
swag god10000
Fraise9000
BP9000
neomon9000
Descending8000
WMAR7000
pannuracotta7000
Amberr6500
raf6000
megatyler306000
Xayah6000
iKiQ6000
Beka6000
IBM5500
447323a5500
Cheryl.5000
AM5000
jay5000
Nol4000
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂3500
abriel3000
Daruma3000
So Noisy3000
SiceXV3000
mh3000
Milo3000

Stareal17000
Dr. Phd. BJ16500
Oranberryblissey1015000
Toy Time King13000
Mr.Bossaru12500
5Dots10500
Descending8000
Nol4000
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂3500

The Strap19500
HSOWA15000
gorex15000
Simbo11000
swag god10000
Fraise9000
Amberr6500
IBM5500
447323a5500
abriel3000

ninjadog15500
TheFranklin15500
Quaggs15000
innovamania13500
Revenge Killer13500
Toto10500
pinorska10500
Daruma3000
So Noisy3000

Potatochan23000
shiloh21000
cy15500
Jordy13500
neomon9000
Cheryl.5000
AM5000
jay5000
Milo3000

ojr17000
Miyami~~~15500
Reece15000
Dragonillis13500
Elgino11500
Ara10500
PrinceOfAllTacos10000
WMAR7000

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d22000
Beraldinho13000
PandaDoux11000
BP9000
pannuracotta7000
raf6000
megatyler306000
Xayah6000
iKiQ6000
Beka6000
SiceXV3000
mh3000

Bayern Munchlax LU
SS1: Oranberryblissey10
SS2: Dr. Phd BJ
SS3: Stareal
SM1: Descending
BW: Mr. Bossaru
DPP: Toy Time King
Subs: 5Dots, Nol, Maybca,​

Attachments

OFFICIAL NFEPL VI POWER RANKINGS

First of all, thanks to beauts for helping with the sheet and to the managers: beauts again, Quagg, 85percent, OranBerryBlissey10, lepton, Spacial, Career Ended, and King Leo V for voting the PRs. You guys are great!

Every team ranked all the other 5 teams on all 4 gens being played in the tournament from 1 to 5, with 1 being the strongest in their opinion and 5 the weakest. We just averaged the results and followed a formula of 3x SS + 1x every old gen and the results are as follow. Without further ado,

:ss/Drifloon: 6. Dreary Drifloons :ss/Drifloon:
(4.75 SS (6th), 2.5 SM (3rd), 4.5 BW (6th), 3 DPP (4th), 24.25 Total)
Dreary Drifloons are really a bit dreary for the results they got. The team managed by beauts and Career Ended. With a 4.75 in SS they occupy the last spot for the current generation. Beauts as SS NFE council and really experienced in OMs can for sure do great and give some experience to the other players which are qutie new to the tier: potatochan and AM. Both of them can do fine if htey get used to the tier as soon as possible though. Fraise, who played NFE in OMFL, and other players can give support to the team and I can see them playing. For the golden old generation as it is SM, they occupy third position with a 2.5 score (they even have 1 vote with a score of 1). Sasha seems to be a consistent tour player that will be able to pull through some games using Miyami's, Cheryl's, and Simbo's teams. It seems that this team has plenty of support for this old gen and might be a surprise. In the blackey and whitey generation, Drifloons occupy
5 position with a score of 4.5 with jay as a player and a new face with a lot of support that are old faces but not main BW NFE. Finally, DPP shines a bit with a score of 3 and Beraldinho as the main player. Beraldinho is quite new in NFEPL but quite experienced in DPP in several tiers and PLs. With Beauts' help who supported shiloh last NFEPL, I am pretty sure that they will bring some good matches.

:ss/Lampent: 5. The Lampent Legion :ss/Lampent:
(4 SS (5th), 5 SM (6th), 3.4 BW (4th), 2.8 DPP (4th), 23.2 Total)
The Lampent Legion is lead by their strongest SS player as well, Lepton. They are a SS NFE council member that has a lot of experience in NFEPLs. Moreover, they have become more and more established in several OM tours. Dragonillis is also quite experienced in NFEPLs with some positive runs since last generation. Finally, Milo is the last contender that can do fine with some support for the former players. Some players such as 5Dots, who played NFE in OMFL, can be expected to give some good support. Sun and Moon generation has WMAR as a player who received 5/5 votes with score of 5. WMAR is an old face that has been recently playing SS NFE in OMFL but needs to finally burst out as a tour player. Dragonillis' support is expected to be important in SM NFE. BW NFE has innovamania as the main player which is known for playing several old gen tiers (mainy from DPP to ORAS). Moreover, innovamania might be receiving some help from experienced players in the tier such as WMAR and other old faces too such as lepton and Toy Time King. Finally, DPP NFE also shines a bit like a diamond with Toy Time King as a player who always plays consistently in NFEPLs and ensure some wins.

:ss/corsola-galar:4. Cursed Corsolas :ss/corsola-galar:
(2.25 SS (3rd), 3 SM (4th), 1.5 BW (1st-2nd), 5 DPP (6th), 16.25 Total)
Fourth position is for Cursed Corsolas lead by King Leo V. For current generation they have the seasonals winner, NFE tier leader, and SS NFE council member Ho3n who is the main SStar. Their teams are offensive and a bit weird sometimes but they work. As many people say, Ho3n can go quite negative or quite positive but will be always someone to be taken into account. He also played NFE last OMPL. PandaDoux has been a consistent player in SS NFE lately that with proper support can be a good adding to any team. Finally, POAT is also having good success lately in distinct teamtours and seem to be someone that shines when unexpected. King Leo V can also support as he is knowledgeable of the tier and has played NFE in last OMPL like Ho3n. For SM NFE, Corsolas have Elgino playing. Elgino is a tour player with a lot of experience in Rand bats. With King Leo V, S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, and BP support I am pretty sure they can bring some heat into the tour. In BW NFE we have a tie for the first spot between Gurdurrs and Corsolas with 1.5 points each of them. King Leo V seems to be leading this old gen although they might be switching after first weeks. Leo’s aggressive styles will be quite valuable in BW and will contrast with the consistency of Spacial’s teams. Both players are super-experienced in NFEPLs and they will surely be bringing some heat in this gen. Finally, DPP NFE player is So Noisy who is a tour player but with no experience in NFE and DPP. However, Fantos13 and other old faces in the team can help them to get used to the tier as soon as possible and can be overcome this issue quite fast.

:ss/Gurdurr: 3. Gigachad Gurdurrs :ss/Gurdurr:
(3.75 SS (4th), 1.75 SM (2nd), 1.5 BW (1st-2nd), 1 DPP (1st), 15.5 Total)
Gigachad Gurdurrs lead by Spacial are one of the big three teams. Current generation is the worst one for them although they have some faces that are in the rise and motivated such as Ojr which had a good run in last OMPL playing NFE and reaching finals. It is expected to be the one leading SS NFE here. Givra is someone that already has played NFE for a while and is prepared to take the stage. Finally, pannuracotta isnt super experienced in NFE but is a tourplayer that can adapt with enough support and bring some wins. Players such as Reece and Abriel can give good support. For SM NFE we have one of the strongest players in the pool that is Ninjadog which has some rivalry with Quaggs and has been playing SM NFE in several NFEPLs. For BW NFE, we have a tie for first position between Gurdurrs and Corsolas with 1.5 points each of them. Spacial will be playing for Gurdurrs with probably some small support of old faces such as shiloh and ninjadog. Leo’s aggressive styles will be quite valuable in BW and will contrast with the consistency of Spacial’s teams. Both players are super-experienced in NFEPLs and they will surely be bringing some heat in this gen. DPP NFE is atrociously dominated by Gurdurrs with shiloh as the player and 1 as score (4/4 votes with 1 score), which underwent undefeated last NFEPL. Do they need support? Not that much, but as far as I know shiloh loves testing and for this they will have some players such as Spacial that can be supportive. But last year many different supporters were in the Hatt team and this difference might be important for this current NFEPL.

:ss/Nuzleaf:2. Deez Nuzleaf :ss/Nuzleaf:
(2 SS (2nd), 1.25 SM (1st), 4.75 BW (6th), 2.25 DPP (2nd), 14.25 Total)
Deez Nuzleaf leady by Quagg and 85percent are another team of the big three. Their current generation is really good with The Strap (The Strap), TheFrankling, and Arcticbreeze. None of them need any presentation and are old faces for NFEPLs. The Strap is an old SS NFE council and has some positive runs in the previous years. TheFranklin isn't new in NFEPL but his success in several PLs and tours has been recent. Now, considered a tour player, he is someone to be scared of when playing against. Arcticbreeze is a knowledgeable face in NFE for a long time but last year had a negative run in Bo3. However, this year has come to fix it no matter what. In the golden and favourite NFE old gen, there is practically an unanimous decision about who leads the PR. With 3/4 votes scoring 1, Nuzleafs with Quagg as the main player are considered the best team for SM. They not only have Quagg, but also 85percent for support role. This combination seems to be quite overwhelming. Beyond this, ArcticBreeze which is playing SS also has a ton of experience in SM being able to help if needed (but I do not think will be needed). BW NFE is the spot in which Nuzleafs do not shine. Pinorska, which is a new face in several tours (playing BW in ZUPL too), will have the help from ArcticBreeze and CrazyStevy which have played BW NFE in the past. Nuzleafs occupy second position for DPP NFE with HSOWA as the main player. HSOWA also shone last NFEPL but didn’t go undefeated like shiloh. However, the star yu-gi-oh player will be doing great with the help of DPP players such as neomon and maybe The Strap.

:ss/Munchlax: 1. Bayern Munchlax :ss/Munchlax:
(1 SS (1st), 4 SM (5th), 2.25 BW (3rd), 4 DPP (5th), 11.25 Total)
Bayern Munchlax managed by Mirbro and Oranberryblissey10 are the last team of the big three. Their current generation is the highest ranked inter- and intrateam. They had an unanimous 1 scoring with players such as Dr PhD BJ, Jordy, and Stareal. The two former have had recent success in individual SS NFE tours while the latter had a positive run in OMPL with its team winning the whole tour. Support comes from both managers Mirbro and Oranberryblissey10 and also from Megatyler30. In OMPL, both Mirbro and Oranberryblissey10 supported their teams bringing one of them to semifinals with a 7-1 in SS NFE and the other one to win the tour. For SM NFE, Munchlax have Descending as the main player receiving 4/4 votes with scores of 4. Descending seems to be a new player that needs to show off but with some experience in old gens in other tiers. Munchlax team will be having Mirbro’s support. For BW NFE, we have the penguinish Snorlax Gorex which is not new in a NFEPL but quite new in BW old gen. Its vast experience in teamtours and support from Oranberryblissey10 and Mirbro will be good for consistency in a tier with not a lot of players. Finally, the shining and hard old gen has OBB10 who also supported shiloh in last NFEPL and has some experience in DPP NFE. Nevertheless, their main experience in NFEPLs is in SS and this might be important for, at least, first weeks. However, Ara, who is experienced in other DPP tiers, will be helping them.

In general, it seems like Bayern Munchlax (11.25) and Deez Nuzleaf (14.25) are leading the PRs with Munchlaxes shining in SS and BW while Nuzleafs mainly in SM and DPP although their SS is the second best one. Gigachad Gurdurr are following them quite close (15.5) having an amazing old gen pool as the best team for DPP, tied for BW, and the second best in SM. However, their SS is quite frail. Cursed Corsola are fourth (16.25) with a good BW and consistent SS players but they are frail in SM and DPP. The Legion Lampent 23.2) and Dreary Drifloon (24.25) are in the bottom with no tiers standing out although Lampents have a good DPP and Drifloon a good SM.

Thanks for reading! I hope everyone has a fun NFEPL! :blobpex:

So it is time to say goodbye... Unfortunately, our season did not go as I wanted, expected, and wished. I really thought and think our team was competent from preview. However, we did not have the best of luck in terms of availability and even playing in a crucial week which crushed us. I did my best and build quite a bit, sorry team to not carry you to poffs or even win. I truly did my best and I had a great time with all of you. I wanted to have the experience managing NFEPL at least once. Next year I think I am going to rest and play/help whoever is managing though. Even though I had fun, I kind of felt a bit stressed and burn out from time to time. But overall this was a positive experience.

First of all, thanks OranBerryBlissey10 for managing with me again but this time in NFEPL. I think this tour did not motivate you as much as ZUPL but it is completely fair as you already won last year :P. Thanks for taking DPP NFE and talk when needed. Great assman as always. gorex you really carried us this tour with an impressive 4-1 which you totally deserved. I think you need to continue in BW NFE next year as you showed consistency there building and playing. Thanks God I bought you. I am really happy drafting you in two tours as you work quite a bit and you have positive vibes. Moreover, I like your music and your space cowboy avy :P. Jordy my name mate, you trusted me and you asked to be bought by us. And this was a super correct call as you carried us in SS NFE. I think you have a super good vision in any meta you are involved in, which is impressive and makes me want to learn more from you. Thanks for playing for us and I hope in the following tour we have more success :). Dr. Phd. BJ I know you were a bit busy this tour compared to OMPL but thanks for playing for us and I loved that HO team we built with sandyghast, although the game was unlucky and you deserved that win. Maybe, with that win I would not be writing this post... I think that was a turning point for the team unfortunately. I love being by your side in tours, I hope we can play in another one soon! DuGuo Buying you was great as you demonstrated that you were motivated to help, play, and even build throughout the tour. Thanks for always being there and helping not only in SS but also SM and BW. I hope you have an splendid future in both mons and irl :). Ara thanks for your efforts in SM NFE although you did not know anything about it. I know you are not happy with your run but I really appreciate your flexibility and efforts. megatyler30 you were really busy but you played and tested when needed. I think it was a good call buying you and I hope you had some fun during the tour. The last win we got was yours and I think this showcases your importance :), always there when needed to clutch the hard work. Stareal you are a great player but I could not help you as much as I needed because of irl things. I hope you had some good holidays! Descending I think we could not find a good moment for you in this tour but thanks for playing the first week and I hope your moving and school are going well :).

Now I hope the best of luck to all poffs players and teams. Congrats to lepton which is doing super good in this tour (first managing experience that they have). You said you did not do that well on the drafting bc of the PRs. Well, you demonstrated that you did super well :). Also rooting for my pals Quagg and 85percent !!! I know you can win this tour and bring it home! Final shoutouts for the best nfe builder which helped me with discussions in the most important week for me (Shing'n Streets), you are the goat and you are always there to back me up when I feel exhausted. Thanks!

1662372296026.png

See you around Pokémaniacs :blobpex:

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
ggz to everyone, wanted to get some thots out on SM NFE. ban Machoke or No Guard SM is still fun but kinda hard to build in between Machoke being broken, Fire types like Magmar/Lampent being impossible to consistently build around (people need to abuse this fact more they are literally impossible to build around and don't say Mareanie or SpD Marsh cause Mareanie is C at best, and SpD Marsh is dogwater), etc. hopefully some action is done even if it's not needed (the tier is still waaay better than any NFE not named DPP lol

if I play next season Poipole will be getting it's vengeance

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
Might as well post my teams I've used this NFEPL. Was my most successful one so far that I've gone positive in. I suppose I can accredit that to having an even greater understanding of the meta that I play and frankly, experimenting and trying out different things from the norm because I needed to approach teambuilding differently this time if I actually wanted to do as best as I could.

Week 1:
1663589999572.png1663590018239.png1663590036455.png1663590047435.png1663590059368.png1663590073795.png

First team of the tour vs HSOWA week 1, unfortunately a L that came down to Kadabra Murkrow 50 50 but I think this overall was a good squad. I knew week 1 I wanted to use standard, good shit eg all the top meta pokemon and this is what I came up with. Kadabra was always something I knew was just be straight up threatening, highest speed, hits very hard and punishes Roselia. Scarf Golbat beats most common scarfers, has uturn and as a lead, I'm always in a good position I feel. If you're wondering about my Misdreavus and Roselia sets, it won't be the last time you see them but I'll explain them later, just know that thought went into them to achieve specific results.

Week 2:
1663590395148.png1663590409540.png1663590426310.png1663590440520.png1663590452094.png1663590462785.png

Second team vs shiloh (a W) and I decided this week that I wanted to use a set-up sweeper. I just felt as if I wanted to use a wincon that could just not be stopped once it got going and that's essentially how the game in question went down once Shelgon set up. Why did I choose Shelgon over something like Croconaw or Pupitar or smth? Well tbh, I forgot Croconaw existed (very scary pokemon ik) and the latter is just kinda worse than Shelgon definitely. Shelgon's worth comes from Dragon STAB being unstoppable once the Metang or the Lairon has been eliminated and Pupitar lacks that despite STAB EdgeQuake being good coverage-wise. Marshtomp lead has been fun to use, you can most of the time get up rocks, good bulk, decent damage even without investment, can't go wrong with that. Scarf Monferno because speed control. Murkrow because early on in this tour, I was still somewhat on Murkrow copium, this mon and I have a long-standing feud but it's calmed down for now. Sometimes I think this mon is broken because as an offensive mon in this meta, it is just slightly above everything else but at the same time, I've realised the worth of Flaaffy as an electric resist, max hp max def Gligar is never 2hko'd and rocks and LO chip reduce its longevity massively.

Week 3:
1663591003677.png1663591018114.png1663591030170.png1663591040147.png1663591052168.png1663591066156.png

Third week vs so noisy (W) and this is definitely my most experimental team of this tour. I kinda just wanted to try out so many things and I'm happy it worked out. First thing, Lairon. Once again, I came into this week thinking "I must use another late game wincon" that no one expects. Rock Polish Lairon is good in the fact that it can outspeed everything at +2 except scarfers and also has the damage output without boosting its attack thanks to Head Smash and lack of rock resists in the tier. This also led me to using SD Grovyle, which I cannot remember if I've used it in the past in ZUPL or a previous NFEPL, probably the latter but I can claim to being the first person to use Grovyle in ZUPL I (that was 3 years ago YIKES) and started it there so I have that lmao. Leading into another uncommon pokemon, Staryu, I got out of my dependency of using Wartortle as my designated spinner and having it on every team, once I dropped that mindset, my teams just got better. Primarily for 2 reasons: 1, Wartortle is kinda mid and 2, Staryu actually has an offensive presence and just does more on a team.

Week 4:
1663591576662.png1663591588301.png1663591600546.png1663591612574.png1663591621750.png1663591631402.png

Week 4 vs OBB (L), which is quite unfortunate considering the fact that I think this team would've done well vs anything that wasn't rain. Banded Golbat is one of the scariest physical wallbreakers in the tier, its Brave Bird just hits very hard in a tier with common but few flying resists. Nasty Plot Monferno is also something I feel is very underrated and doesn't see enough usage just because scarf is just the go-to set. Nasty Plot is superior to SD just because Monferno's checks are mostly there to check its scarf set, which is physical 95% of the time and +2 Focus Blast from LO will just nuke Wartortle and Marshtomp. Vigoroth is something that is often forgotten by myself but a threatening pokemon nonetheless. And this is the only time I'm running Scarf Misdreavus or any other set other than my own.

Week 5:
1663592282896.png1663592295342.png1663592308868.png1663592318387.png1663592327111.png1663592336045.png

Week 5 vs sasha (W). I did want to face Beraldinho but that's life lmao. I got rained on the week before so I'll just rain the following week. I basically tried to copy OBB's rain team and I only saw Horsea, Golbat, Metang I think so I just filled the gaps. Kabuto because that's rain best physical breaker, Murkrow to screw over and chip down anything that checks rain and Metang and Golbat as my setters. OBB had Golbat lead in his rain but I honestly preferred Metang for rocks straightaway. That does lead me open to Taunt but oh well, I didn't get taunted. I don't really have a positive opinion of rain, I think it's braindead half the time and I wasn't really happy winning with this but a W is a W.

Finals:
1663592606740.png1663592618502.png1663592630496.png1663592644238.png1663592654761.png1663592665860.png

Congrats to Nuzleafs for winning, put up a good fight. Luckily I did avenge myself this time around by beating HSOWA and gave my team some momentum. This was the final week, my innovative juices were drained but I still had enough heat to decide "I'm going to win this with Porygon." Now Porygon is a pokemon that probably never crossed anyone's mind but Porygon has always been in my mind since I started this meta 3 years ago. "If Porygon gets a spatk Download boost with a Choice Specs, it is the strongest special of them all" -Sun Tzu. If you see any calcs with Porygon with a spatk boost specs, there's just nothing that switches in. Even if you wish not to play the prediction game and spam Shadow Ball, the move with least resists, the steels get 2hkod, most offensive threats just die and it's just a fun time to be honest. Seadra lead has never failed me, Sub is so good on this pokemon because it's so easy to just sub on the roselia/wartortle coming in and hit them with Ice Beam and HP Grass respectively.

Now I can talk about my Misdreavus spread. This is the Misdreavus spread to cuck all Murkrows while still having good enough damage output to actually threaten things in the tier. 0 bulk Misdreavus is always OHKOd by Life Orb Murkrow. Max HP EVs in addition to 56 defence EVS with a boosting nature allows Misdreavus to live one LO Brave Bird AFTER rocks no less. You also need Colbur Berry to never die to Sucker Punch. 144 spatk EVs guarantees the kill on Murkrow in the case that rocks are NOT up. The rest goes into speed which coincidentally allows you to outrun maximum speed Jolly Metang and burn it or revenge kill it with Shadow Ball if it's low. I brought this most games because it's just so splashable and makes Misdreavus as bulky as possible. And you see how well it worked because HSOWA was in the assumption that I would save my Misdreavus because it was perhaps offensive scarf or any other offensive set which has no business staying on a murkrow, even with Colbur, LO Brave Bird kills but my Misdreavus is prepared for anything so I stayed in and killed the Murkrow.

In terms of overall NFEPL experiences, this was up there with NFEPL 3 for me in terms of team performance and was almost there in terms of team synergy. lepton you did a great job this year, thanks for picking me up for 10k. Dragonillis you're the goat in terms of helping me test my shit, the thing I always say regarding NFEPL is that as long as I get tests for the teams I build alone, I will win. And shoutouts to the rest of the team for putting up such a good showing. We were definitely the underdogs going into this tour and I'm happy we made it this far. See you next year

NFEPL was an experience for me. My history is i was drafted in NFEPL 4, went undrafted in 5, and got drafted in 4k. This year was amazing. I came in wanting to focus on BW NFE, ended up playing SM NFE and i am so happy i did because it was the most fun i had building ever, not just nfe. My full focus was building and having fun and with these teams i will show you how much fun i had. I was voted last by the power rankings and I was set to prove everyone wrong. Not just battling but in Style

Week 1 vs Quagg:

:sm/servine: :sm/grimer-alola: :sm/misdreavus: :sm/monferno: :sm/metang: :sm/frogadier:
This team was the first time in 3 years that i built for SM, so i was rusty when it comes to this meta, and i used to build ALOT. I saw a Servine set that allows me to lure its checks, Vullaby and Grimer-Alola, and weaken them for either my Misdreavus or Frogadier to run over them. This match really did what i made Servine to do and i was shocked it worked. I wasn't looking to faint the Vullaby, more to weaken it but my opponent let me use 2 leaf storms and i only still had a roll to kill. My gameplan was to chip things down to where Missy can set up and its not the nasty plot set. Playing scrums with quagg all those years ago, i remember he uses bulk vs me and i would always lose. This was the first W and some predictors got shook. Even Quagg got shook

Week 2 vs ninjadog:

:sm/electabuzz: :sm/vullaby: :sm/metang: :sm/marshtomp: :sm/roselia: :sm/machoke:

This week is my favorite team i have ever built and my favorite game i played. Somehow every turn led to the most perfect moment, Scarf Metang Clean. I had a random thought, what if i used a random pokemon who doesn't run a scarf set. First i tried Machoke but he was way too slow. Metang was slow but Metang can lure stuff and cripple the opponent and they would never know. Trick helps with Scarf to weaken walls, so my own Machoke can break em easily. Psychium Z Buzz lures in ground or fighting types so i can weaken them. A theme on how i play is because so many mons rely on eviolite for bulk and some lack recovery, spam Knock on every turn and remove a vital item. Chip damage is crucial and it matters. Metang outsped a Haunter and let me win. If i was ANY other set, i lost.

Week 3 vs BP:

:sm/gabite: :sm/kadabra: :sm/clefairy: :sm/tangela: :sm/pawniard: :sm/lampent:

This week basically i really wanted to use Pawniard and sweep no matter what. This week asked for double z + Scarf Gabite. Just weaken and kill. Once i saw that frog being scarfed i knew i can set up on it and i was really trying to read the sucker plays, but i just spammed it since i knew i can win with scarf Gabite and a full health Kadabra. Not my best work in all honesty but weakening the grimer helped alot with firium z lampent.

Week 4 vs Ara:

:sm/mienfoo: :sm/magmar: :sm/staravia: :sm/grimer-alola: :sm/quilladin: :sm/gabite:

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME QUILLADIN IS GOOD? this mfer 1v1d a clefairy and a roselia. Fast bulky taunt with spikes is soooo fun. Will probably use more often. Mienfoo put in some pressure other fighting types can't, fake out chip. Remember when i said chip is crucial? Mienfoo really was the best mon who did that for me. Knocking a clef knowing it wasnt gonna hit me, to beating machoke after a groundium from a Gabite, which i really loved using. Scarf Intimidate Staravia was such a good lure, Endeavor to support the Mienfoo. Made sure to bluff Bulky so i can outspeed and weaken stuff. Really loved this team alot and Mienfoo is soooo good. its amazing in SS. Underrated

Week 5 vs Miyami:

:sm/combusken: :sm/grimer-alola: :sm/machoke: :sm/haunter: :sm/ferroseed: :sm/wartortle:

Man i was hoping to use this Combusken but they brought Hail. But Machoke stays broken by walling tf out of sandshew alola. Also Thief Grimer to take knocks and get my eviolite back, just like SS when people use Covet on Roselia. Also wish Wartortle got to use counter in here but eh didnt. Machoke with No Guard Defensive is an actual set people should use. Its offensive varient is decent. Combusken shall rise once again

Finals vs neomon:

:sm/servine: :sm/electabuzz: :sm/vullaby: :sm/duosion: :sm/hakamo-o: :sm/marshtomp:

Finals are here and i wanted to sweep with either Duosion or Haka, but first lure in some grounds and weaken the darks. Physical Ebuzz i was super proud of because it can lure the grounds and weaken to kill. I didnt stick to my gut and popped it like i should. Sad and this was my first and only lost to the otherwise Undefeated season of NFEPL. I regret not using the z when i had the chance. then lost some speed ties.

Conclusion:

I hope i proved myself to everyone who doubted me. I was undrafted last season, got picked for 4k, and was voted last on the SM Players pool. I set myself to prove i am not last on the list of SM Players and will definitely play more of this meta. Guys its sooooo much fun. Thank you lepton for Drafting me when no one else wanted to. and having the confidence in me to prove others wrong. Dragonillis for help with advice incase i messed up. innovamania for letting me help you when you asked and to the entire Lampent Legion for being amazing and watching you guys succeed. For the first time managing, 2nd place isnt bad for Lepton. I sure hope i can be drafted again and relive this experience. Building and battling brought back a passion i had lost for a while. And i hope you guys enjoyed watching these battles when seeing the tech i pulled. Amazing season and Lampent Legion for Life

FINALLY Nuzleafs got the win after 3 years of tryharding. I was worried the semifinal curse would take us down once again, but this AMAZING group of people helped breaking it. Everything went after plan: Draft at least 4 winning slots(+ myself), then find the perfect cheaper pickups and the most important thing on top of that was to find out who we can have the most fun with. We also wanted to make sure everyone had touched the tier and can somewhat build for themselves too. Pinorska was an exception but he said he was a try hard and he seemed fun in zupl so we thought why not :v). This tour I have literally almost done nothing building wise and I'm basically as far as burned out as possible. You guys made this SO easy and I'm super thankful for that.

85percent This ending for us is basically Oscar award material if they make a movie about it. Met randomly in zu like 4, soon 5 years ago through a young asian kid(imkoolkidz xD) that wanted us to be on a 3 man team tour together. We lost early, but did we really? I feel like we have won in the long run. Always a pleasure to talk with you and I hope we can keep contact. This will probably be the end for me here, and I think for you too? I couldn't ask for a better ending.

ArcticBreeze I like to believe that u started ur "professional"(yes) Pokemon career in NFE and I feel like I was one of the first people you really got to play and talk to(this is definetly wrong and I know u love when I talk like this, but hey I like to believe it like this). You are 10x better than me now and you have definitely matured a lot even tho one of ur most used sentences is "that team is bad". Sometimes u say terrible to switch things up. Love it. Anyways I'm very glad we finally picked you up after ignoring u 2 pls in a row xD. In our defence your price in previous pls has been sky high. Again, ending this with you here is also a perfect ending.

TheFranklin After getting to know you in the previous pl we just had to pick you up again. Great player, active and best of all an amazing person. Even if you are in other "official" tours you still found time here for funny comments, team upgrades and just casual talk. Gl in scl, I know you will do great. Toto get it together man https://www.smogon.com/forums/attac...454252/?hash=bf03438e6e127afa5faa9be39a38ae1a

The Strap We have known each other for years el strapo and you are very funny and add great chat to the team. Great player too. You were a key pickup for this team even tho you left we still had the strap mentality inside us. I hope you are doing fine and I would love to hear from u.

neomon You were actually the last player we picked up after 85 recommended and you were a perfect pick. Previous sm council and 85+Stevy already knew you from Monferno Mafias. Your discord got hacked apparently and I must say I honestly got sad when I had to kick Anders out(this was the hacker disguised as neomon for 4 weeks until we realised the real neo wasn't actually in the discord). Great guy... Jokes aside I'm glad that you stepped up and won all ur games after we had to so some changes in lineup after strap left. You are also a great lad and when u built for urself too I was like oh my god yes I actually don't have to do anything this year.

CrazyStevy Honestly I think you are my oldest friend on this site. We met in oras pu in like 2016 for the first time I think but we started bonding more a bit later. I asked u how you would react if I told you 6 years ago that we will win a team tour together in 2022, and you said that you would call the police and tell them that there is a crazy man walking around in Norway xD. Stevy has these "gold corns" as we say in Norway all the time and it really is nice to have in a team chat. Again ending this with u too is just adding on to the perfect ending on my "career".

raf Strap pmed me in the draft and said get get raf. We did not have much interaction before this pl, but I knew you had played the tier before and I knew you were friends with strap. You ended up being a great pickup. I feel like I am repeating myself at this point but u have great chat presence and you were always there when we needed you. Great player. 5th times the charm Raf, glad we won together ;)

pinorska You popped up in zupl out of nowhere I feel and both me and 85 felt like you were a fun guy that would be cool to pick up when we saw u signed up for nfepl aswell. I asked durza how u were like and he only had good things to say. You also said u were tryhard so we felt like this would be around 3k pickup for a lot of value. And that was correct!

HSOWA You were our second "retain". I knew we had to get you this year too because of how great you are both on the field and in the chat. You are one of the best DPPers in my eyes and the fact that you also build for yourself is just amazing. Such a perfect person to have on a team. I also learned this tour what HSOWA stands for and oh my lord did my jaw drop.

gorex You will always be a Nuzleaf, Gorex even tho we couldn't pick you up this year. You are simply amazing. Ty for the help when you joined in.

Mirbro Mirbro you have to be one of the nicest people on this site. You make any room bright. Keep being you. Thanks for the help when you joined in.

Shing'n Streets Even tho you joined like every other team to help we still found a way to beat you..(like always).. Just kidding! You are great for this tier and I hope u somehow stick around. People like you aren't common. Ty for testing stuff with me and I would like a rematch in chess sometime. You are always welcome at my place.

Some last words if I didn't make it clear enough: Winning with these players meant a lot to me since we all had some sort of history so I'm super proud of us. Also I did not read through twice, but hopefully you will understand that this meant a lot to me. Ty guys.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)