Multi-gen NFEPL IV - Finals [Won by Cursed Corsolas]

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL IV - Finals

20200617_150440-removebg-preview.png

Art by Zephyr2007

Standings and Records

All slots are bo1 by default. However, all slots can be played bo3 if both parties agree to bo3 beforehand via PUBLIC SMOGON VM. It needs to be public and visible to the hosts; a private Discord confirmation or PS message just before the game is not valid.

SM NFE will be played in the gen 7 OU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
ORAS NFE will be played in the gen 6 RU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
BW NFE will be played in the gen 5 Ubers format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
DPP NFE will be played in the gen 4 UU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.

Managers and Assistant Managers are responsible for ensuring that their players do not bring illegal teams to their games. If a player brings an illegal team, the opposition are free to either take the win or offer a redo.
To this end, the ROM server has a functional team validation system for Generation 4-7 NFE (NOTE: Horsea is banned in DPP NFE, but this ban has not been updated on the validator on ROM yet). I highly recommend checking the validity of any Old Generation teams on the ROM server prior to any games. However, please play your games on either Smogtours or the Main PS! Server in the formats listed above, as ROM has been known to be glitchy mechanically and in terms of uploading replays.
Regarding DPP NFE, if the game ends up as a draw due to both Pokemon fainting on the last turn (Explosion, Recoil, Status Damage etc) then another game must be played until someone wins. Teams can be changed for a rematch.

Bless up for no semis TBs.

Finals

:corsola-galar: Cursed Corsolas (6) vs. The Monferno Mafia (2) :monferno:

SS NFE: Kaif vs. Euphonos
SS NFE: velvet vs. Hamhamhamhamham
SS NFE: pileosand vs. bugzinator
SM NFE: CrazyStevy vs. Thiago Nunes
SM NFE: King Leo V vs. Hys
ORAS NFE: Monsareeasy vs. anime sans
BW NFE: ggopw vs. PH
DPP NFE: Tomahawk vs. mael

Deadline is Sunday 13th September 11:59PM GMT -4.

Last edited:
SS NFE: Kaif vs. Euphonos - E has quietly put together a very nice record with a little bit of good fortune, looks a fair more comfortable player in SS never fucking evolve then Kaif
SS NFE: velvet vs. Hamhamhamhamham - Velvet has been the best and most pleasant surprise of the draft, HamX4 is obviously the much more experienced player and coming of a good win against Friso, but I’ll tip the upset as long as velvets MU isn’t too brazy
SS NFE: pileosand vs. bugzinator - Pileo has dropped off in the last few weeks unfortunately whereas Bugzi doesn’t seem to be phased by fuck all, as well as having more skill and experience
SM NFE: CrazyStevy vs. Thiago Nunes - Thiago and Stevy are both above average SM, I think this is a 50/50 mu
SM NFE: King Leo V vs. Hys - both quality, but Leo’s ability to to read the end and mid game is seriously good and that will be the difference here
ORAS NFE: Monsareeasy vs. anime sans - Quality mu, Sans has probably surprised even themselves this PL, this is by far their toughest mu under finals pressure. Close to a coin flip as well as prior to PL I’d have said that Arctic was the better player but sans is red hot atm, so slight edge
BW NFE: ggopw vs. PH - My boy PHillam finally getting a chance and holding up well, ggopw has the better pedigree but I think this game will depend a lot on team composition and prep, slight edge to the banned deucer
DPP NFE: Tomahawk vs. Mael - Both great dpp players whose records should be better, will be super close and another coin flip

3-3 with two coinflips, bring on the tiebreak

pazza

Banned deucer.
PAZZA PREDICTIONS OF NFEPL FINALS LETS MAKE SOME NOISEEEEEEEEEEEE
:ss/Corsola-Galar: :ss/Monferno:
Euphonos has been owning noobs this whole tour only losing to stresh (8-0 in nfepl) and frisoeva (undisputed goat). To Euphonos, kaif is just another milk cartoon waiting to get picked up and thrown down. Euphonos should win this game unless kaif somehow l2p's miseries.
Hahamhamhamhamham is a threat to soceity, this man has a 100% winrate against Friso and is a pretty cool builder. velvet could win but I think ham is the better player in general.
There is a 0 and I mean ZERO chance pileosand loses this match, after losing to friso and rav3dan pileo has decided to step up the game and go 100% power in nfepl and absolutely destroy his oppenet in finals and bring home the dub to cursed corsolas and thimo's name in honor. unless he dc's and then bugzinator turns on timer and takes timer win :bloblul:
I think stevy is the better player and a better builder, didn't really watch Thiago vs Aesf but I heard that Vullaby just walled aesf whole team and lost bop. Thiago also isn't doing that hot this tour with a 3-5 record compared to Stevy's record of 4-1, beating Catalystic the 2nd time and only losing to Catalystic the first time they played which had some mild hax in it.
Play offs Leo is too strong for any man to handle. He's also got great support with stevy/kaif helping him test and build and has been doing really good this tour. On the other hand I think Hys is a good builder but playing wise isn't that good having a recrord of 3-5 but idk mang could prolly just be focusing on other slots but I don't really see the king losing here.
What a good ass match oml. Week 1 we saw the same matchup and anime sans got completely bagged by arctic, wasn't even funny either sans stayed in as a marshtomp and got giga drained by tangela gone. But this is 7-1 anime sans we're talking about here. Will be a close match but depends on who has better prep since I think they are both at the same skill level but I have to give the edge to sans seeing how good she's been doing lately.
How is this even fair putting up PH one of the best BW, no one of the best Pokemon players EVER against a 1v1 main. not close ph god stomps ggopw so hard he gets permabanned again.
Both have been doing pretty good this whole tour although Tomahawk has been getting really unlucky in some of his games. Both are good dpp players and can build well. Should be a good match but I don't know much about dpp

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
RAF PREDICTS: THE FINALE. i wish i got paid for these

:corsola-galar: Cursed Corsolas (4) vs. The Monferno Mafia (4) :monferno:

euphonos is the anime protagonist and kaif is the young side character that might be the protagonist in the sequel, sorry bro

i think this one is anyones game bc theyre both solid players and SS nfe is already a tossup but ill give it to ham bc his name is cooler

pileo may have lost 2 in a row but now he got the super depressed power up so he cant lose unless he gets ddosed and then bugzi timers him turn 1. GG was a fun one!

Steve almost beat cata the first time and then actually beat him the second so im scared of what this guy can do. Thiago isnt too bad but he also hasnt really beaten any real players this tour.

how do you predict against playoffs leo

this might be my favourite match because oras is funny and sans lost to arctic week 1 and then never dropped a game again, while arctic was strong af the early weeks and then started fucking up. Imo (in my opinion) they both are equally good at oras but sans is my friend and i dont wanna bold any "vs." in the finals so ill give it to her

having a clown in a starting roster in the finals might seem sketchy but my man PH might be the only one capable of taking down the BW behemoth that is ggopw. no bias here i swear, just facts and logic.

i have no clue who tf wins this, dpp might just be the biggest coinflip meta but its still entertaining to watch so fuck it. bolding tomahawk so i get the sweet 4-4 final score overall so there can be a tiebreak bc i like to watch people suffer.​

Hi, I should probably do shoutouts because I became the de facto manager of the Mafia for the whole season

I'd like to thank our SS core Hamhamhamhamham bugzinator Euphonos for trusting in my builds, for giving me inspirations for building, and of course playing your hearts out all season. No matter what people may say about the Morgrems or any other team; you three were the best SS core in the tour IMO, far and away. Always nice typing "goat" after every match because the wins came so naturally. Sorry Ham that you got haxed so much, sorry euph for not checking over that final build, and sorry bugzi for never making a team that fit perfectly

I'd next like to thank the de jure manager anime sans for drafting such a nice group of players, glad we all got along

Next up is mael for being way better in DPP than his record showed, and for shouldering some of the building himself by the end; very appreciated since I was getting frustrated with everything

PH sorry I couldn't get you a title you truly deserved, but i'm proud that you're starting to come into your own as a player. keep up the good work

Thiago Nunes I was the one who pushed for you to get drafted in the Mafia, and im glad we got you even if the early season was rough. If we had known all we needed was 20 mins to talk together to make builds you were comfortable with I would have put in that time way earlier.

Meri Berry Thanks for being Bugzi's partner in crime, his record wouldn't have been nearly as good if you hadn't stepped up in that regard. Also, thanks for being the sub when we needed you.

Thanks to everyone who was a testing partner SpacialRendevous (BW), Tomahawk (DPP) raf (ORAS) Catalystic Marjane Jett (SM)

Losing sucks, and this is my first time being pretty subpar and I think i'll have to re-evaluate playing next year. Part of it is burnout, so I think we should have stayed with 6 teams but I always said that so w/e.

Screenshot (66).png

Too bad suckers...

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Velvet gets act over ham

Congratulations to the Cursed Corsolas for winning NFEPL IV! You lost three team members by midseason, including your former manager, but still managed to pull up and win the entire thing, p inpressive.

Shoutouts HSOWA for being a goat co-host and shout-outs everyone in the community for making this a p smooth and easy tour to host, safe.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
shoutouts shoutouts shoutouts go go go

King Leo V thank you so much for picking me up and giving me the opportunity to play. You also built the most goated teams a clicker could ask for, and made me realize how awesome NFE is. also playoff leo cannot lose Thimo ty for letting me play

CrazyStevy Kaif u guys are funny and made me laugh a lot

velvet Monsareeasy ggopw zioziotrip Tomahawk the rest of the corsolas for being goated and always supporting me :)

:corsola-galar: CURSED WIN :corsola-galar:

copying pileo w/ quick s/os I don't have v much to say, wasn't on the team for very long xd

King Leo V ty for picking me up regardless of literally 0 showings it was a blast and I'm p happy I got to play some games. that dpp vs ttk was one of my favs since it was 23 turns in 3 mins which was super flames, s/os Toy Time King for that one. The quick catch-up on what walls what you gave me really helped vs czim.

Kaif ty for jerking me onto the team fren :] it was interesting building ss nfe (albeit I think this tier has hella issues, I wouldn't be one to say how to fix that but I think it's mostly just the usual issue of ss tiers being bad due to an awful monpool) I'm glad you got me into nfe, I may stick around for classic or w/e but ig we'll see

Tomahawk CrazyStevy Monsareeasy you guys made this cord super fun so thanks for that, arctic I will convert you to a 1v1 player, never thought I would speak to my first-ever tour loss crazystevy back in 2016 when I went by a stupid ass name ur a super funny dude hope to see you around, and toma really cool dude it was super interesting to discuss dpp nfe and various other shit w/ you

ggopw I'm gonna call up a discord admin and try to get ur image perms revoked ngl

aight that's all from me [one of two undefeated players in nfepl] peace

Cursed corsolas win.png
I dont know how to start this because im still all over the place right now but I wanted to do a shoutouts post aswell for the amazing people that I met and for my amazing team ofc! This tour had so much up and downs for our team and at the end, all our hard work paid off which is just an incredible acomplishment. Probably a lot of people would agree with me if i said that the tour drained almost all of our energies and that we were getting pretty exhausted at the end but nontheless, it was an amazing experience from start to finish! Im aware that no one actually reads all this text.

First off all, I want to thank Simbo and HSOWA for amazingly hosting the tour! You guys dont get enough credit for all the work put into it behind the scenes, so this one goes for you 2!

Secondly, HUGE shoutouts to my team for the amazing performance all season long, and for the super fun and active chats we had. This wouldnt be mildly as fun if it wasnt for you guys. Love each and any of you from the deepest of my heart even tho i might not have shown it at first glance

King Leo V : The name really suits you after ive learned who you really are. This dude was pretty much all of our father figure all tour long, he would scold you for poor behaviour, teach you how to play and tell you what to use. And if you managed to win, he would just tell you to prep for the next week opponent even tho we didnt know who we are playing. Jokes aside, Leo really deserved to win this tour and im glad i was able to help him fulling his second pl win in a row! Love you leo, dont change <3

Kaif : Not gonna lie. I myself was really sceptial about you at the start, ive heard some stuff you did in the past and that just made me feel. But good god was I wrong. Youre literally a different person now and a respectable player. You aswell put a shitton of work into your teams and helped others with building. And im so glad that you won your last battle, im actually proud of you. Youre a funny dude and really showed everyone that youre skilled and a good person now!

pileosand : Im actually happy that thimo and OD dropped out, because i wouldnt have had as much fun in this pl if you werent in our team. Your first few battles were beatdowns and you got unlucky later on which took your undefeated steak away sadly. But youre still undefeated in our eyes. I hope you you stick in nfe and show that undefeated pileo isnt just a 1 time thing! Stay the way you are <3

velvet : The emoji master. Velvet would show up and post the link of her win post without telling anyone that she even played, aka the goat from the shadows. Velvet is another played who i didnt know before but im happy leo knew her potential. velvet, you went nuts the last 4-5 weeks and fixed your record to a dope ass 5:2. I hope you will remember me when you become global mod one day :)

Monsareeasy : We pretty much knew each other just from battling oldgens before the tour even started. We both are pretty cocky about our gamestyle and thats what made playing you even more fun. Arctic was always the direct dude who would tell you what you did wrong and thats why I like him, and if someone else told me that id just tell him to fuck off. Arctic is one of the best players nfe has to offer and hes only going upwards! Ill see your around mr.thats a bad play <3

ggopw : omg Milan i fucking love you. This man aint just funny, hes the fucking goat at everything he touches. Always had nice chatts with you and you were the best gen5 player in my humbe opinion. Watching your games always had me on the edge of the seat and then you just win the impossible matchups. Jebem ti mater, bolje da te vidim sledeće godine opet u nfepl 5.

Tomahawk : Me and you always had a different playstyle and we could contradict each other a LOT. But i respect each decision you do and you can back it all up with your amazing skill. The amount of prep you did each week was just mind blowing. And your inovations were top notch. You said you liked the tier so i hope we can play once in a while just to stay in contact. Love you bro even tho i might have sounded like a douchbag at times.

zioziotrip : Sadly you werent able to play too much but you still went undefeated! Im happy that the 1v1ers said to pick you up after w2 because you showed your worth. Youre a chill dude and hope to see you around aswell <3

ayedan : dude i love you. You might not have played too many games but your discord presence was a blast. reformed ayedan was such a nice guy to have around and thank you for testing with me! <3

Some other shoutouts:
PD LITERALLY CHAD, man i fucking love you and youre the funniest dude ive met. Sadly your team didnt somehow manage to qualify (shoutouts to all the brionnes aswell, my favorite team) but you showed your dominance nontheless. I hope you come back next nfepl bro
Quagg Gotta give my man a shoutouts after like 4 years of knowing you. first time that i actually won something instead of second place. Love you and thanks for helping me test and build <3<3
tlenit you might not have been officially on our team but you were helping us in the last few weeks a lot with building and team testing.. thank you man
pazza the demigod needs to get a ping aswell to show his worth. Glad that i met you trougout the tour, really funny dude and memer. Gotta show the public soon what we are brewing this PL. thanks pazza for being pazza
dom(cant find his username) You were with us from w1 and helped us a lot with out testings, thanks for it all!
Another shoutouts goes to everyone who i talked with and had fun chats with! just too many people to ping but i love you all

Was a fun tour, stevy out.​

Last edited:
WE WON WE WON WE WON CURSED CURSED CURSED

NFEPL4 Journey:

King Leo V asks Shing'n Streets for co-managing just to get rejected.
He was making plans to ask ho3n.
Enter Thimo, and asks to co-manage.
King Leo V too nice to reject so says ok.
Thimo asks for team name and the player with absolutely no creativity says Cursed Corsola's and that becomes the team-name and features in a one-liner manager signup.

Draft Plan: Tryhard King Leo scouts all players, and makes approx 4 different kinds of draft plans all including either Monsareeasy or CrazyStevy for old gen support. ggopw for BW for sure, and another dpp who is not toma or mael cause they can be expensive. Decides to go play sm along with OD and buy some decent ss spot who although would ideally be xavgb (But can never be in this draft plan) so someone like mamp who is goated but may not go for as high a price and some 3k/4k slot which I assumed to be velvet/pileo/roseybear. Thimo wanted his friend donnothefirst, King Leo says ok as expected.

Draft: Buys both managers. Gets ggopw for bw as planned but for a way more cheaper price than expected, gets arctic for big money as planned, bids on Crazystevy and holy shit gets him too. Solid dpp slot and means others team get their old gen support cut. Already happy with the draft. Bids on Tomahawk and gets him too just for 8k WOO. Change in plan Crazystevy gonna do sm cause he can do anything and If I get od I'm gonna SS, EZZ tour win. Gets Od just for 10k. All that's left is ss slot. Poor kaif was not getting picked by anyone, not a bad player so feels bad. Verifies if he is gonna get along with ggopw and cause of his friends asking, buys him just for 3k. Bought donnothefirst as planned, asks Rosey if he was interested and nom's but quag steals. Buys velvet goat(Totally forgot about her until I saw the pool again and realized she was still there;-;).

Team:
SS1: Thimo
SS2: King Leo V
SS3: Kaif/velvet blood/donnothefirst
SM1: CrazyStevy
Sm2: OD
Oras: ArcticBreeze
Bw: ggopw
DPP: Tomahawk

Gets criticism for buying both CrazyStevy and arctic in the same team cause they serve the same purpose in the team(Helping old gens). But once on my team, no one is getting traded for any reason except that they hate me and wanna leave. So ignores all of them and wonders about how they don't see the no-support for any other team part of buying Stevy. BP asks for a trade and says Stevy reached out to them for trade. :blobsad: Asks Stevy if he did not like the team and he says he did not have any problem really, just asked cause he had friends in another team. No way I am trading my team members' dammit. ALL SET TO WIN IT.

Week1: Thimo does not respond to anything. GG. OD does not come on. GG.
Lineup changes as a result. Now the ss slot which would have been two 15k's is 3 3k's.
Week2: Donno does not respond either. No team members to even substitute a player.
Week3: Gets subs Pileo and ayedan. And ZioZioTrip a week later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monsareeasy - This man is sick, he is a goat but it is so hard to make him change what he wants to use. Really expected him to go undefeated, he lost 3 games dammit. Still 6-3 is goated and did not lose in playoffs, so who cares.

Kaif - Week1 he made me regret buying him with that hamhamhamham incident ngl, but then I don't know what happened dammit. He was a changed man, he was so active in prep and was a totally nice guy. Really took all the bullets in SS slot tbh. I kept faith in him and he won 3 games which is great considering he won in the final :heart:. I was very happy for getting you, since week2.

ggopw - 1v1 legend. I was pretty confident that he'll do good in BW and he just proved why It was ok for me to think that. Barely lost a game or two. Scared me with that incident but phew. I am so happy I got you and thanks for not getting banned :bloblul:

Tomahawk - Obviously a goat player and you were exactly the kind of people I love on PS. I'm always scared about getting tour players cause they might not care about the tour, but you literally were on par with the tier by week2. INSANE. Thank you very much man, hope I get to team up with you again.

velvet - GOAT, went from 1-3 to 5-3. This nerd would have honestly not lost the matches she lost if she cared more in the initial weeks. Even the later she just won with 5-minute team building. Soo good.

pileosand -I wanted you, and after a lot of things happening I got you, you play pretty solidly, I know you are upset about not going being able to beat the best, but stick to things we trained. Believe the process and you'll get even better in no time. You really saved us with your goat 4 win streak, remember that.

CrazyStevy - Goat Goat Goat. Although his record shows one loss remember that it was to a last turn focus miss. Although the record does not say that you did not drop a single game. Your vacation kinda sucked for us in the later of weeks but well WE WON.

ayedan - Unfort pl for you, I don't think you deserve the record you had, playing Plas, and melancholy hills who was undefeated until then. You certainly are better than what it shows in the record. Control that you say man, you are jolly all the time, which is great but sometimes...you just talk without processing what you say. I just hate the fact that you make people hate you for no reason.

zioziotrip - This man saved us with that win vs ttk. Honestly, he literally won that game in 3 minutes loool. Aggresive as f, which really worked in DPP. Sorry that I could not give you more chances despite you being undefeated at 2-0.

I would like to thank dom for your support, tlenit for that final team that kaif used, Shing'n Streets for giving a team that one time I asked, pazza for joining server for final kek. Simbo and HSOWA for hosting.

Also gg monferno's, you did well. Hopefully you'll win the next time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)