NFE NFE Seasonal - Round 3 (Losers only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Art by Kolohe

Welcome to the NFE Seasonal!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 2023 OM Circuit information.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NFE ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown and can be found on the strategy dex.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • S/V cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Round 3 (losers only):

skippergamez  vs  Kaif
Scholar  vs  JeoZ
IRazvannN  vs  Xr_Kartana
RL  vs  Seraphz
Mada  vs  SpaceSpeakers
elleapple  vs  Velcroc
DugZa  vs  lepton
Rarelyme  vs  Shing
Icemaster  vs  fish anemometer
lemonstre1  vs  sleid
Turtlek  vs  TTTech
CyndaKill-SH  vs  Quinn
Kabilapok  vs  Pura Killa
Fraise  vs  Knight who says "Ni"
Medeia  vs  IoSonoNeon
Hats  vs  5Dots

Deadline for Round 3 is October 8 @ 9:59 PM GMT+2.

Last edited by a moderator:
won vs. Rarelyme in 2, ggs, and thanks for suggesting to play early!
G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nfe-1957837188-4x16slyrd4ubgyll4u77ldgmy5s9dc7pw
G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nfe-1957847276-ee7tl9ly1gkjbejnv2fi0oidi8amzfdpw
G1 Paste: https://pokepast.es/807fce8d25cde25a
G2 Paste: https://pokepast.es/34e29a14c0c36ed0

G1 Team - A sun team designed to beat against all other sun teams that run with Weepinbell. Vulpix is slightly bulkier and slower than the usual Vulpix set, but the bulk is critical against Knock Off t1, as it survives a hit against CB Sneasel and Thwackey, yet it's fast enough to outspeed CB Piloswine and 200 speed Tinkatuff and takes 4 SR damage if my calcs serves right. Moveset could be improved as Memento/Healing Wish does feel like overextending to Will O Wisp over Memento fwiw. Weepinbell EVs was something for opposing Weepinbell for the full health position, but I forgot the reasoning sorry, so you could change that. But the other aspect of the spread is for taking full advantage of Modest and outspeeding Sneasel and +1 Fraxure. Knock helps vs. Hakamo, Fraxure, and Lmapent as well. Charmeleon Specs hits hard and tears apart teams that are slow. The small difference here is the Fling option in order to remove the locked item if it ever occurs I'll be locked. I don't think it's a big tech since it's hard to get that position to begin with, so I recommend 3 fire ATKs + Dragon Pulse instead. Scarf Boots outspeeds Timid Weepinbell, and being a fire type means it can take advantage of Sun which is great to hear. I don't think it's a perfect revenge killer as it doesn't out every chlorophyll such as Nuzleaf e.g, but it's a powerful sun abuser. Probably possible to run CB with this thing as well. Clefairy and Quaxwell are key to this team. Clef covers Knock Gurdurr, but more importantly, creates a Double Healing Wish Synergy with Vulpix which comes in handy if you want to have sun + another sun abuser. Quaxwell covers the Piloswine and Scarf Frog MU by removing hazards and being an excellent pivot as well.

The game was fine, but I could have made better plays at the endgame such as not opting for Flare Blitz Raboot and going HJK instead. Another turn was like at the end where I could have Encore'd the Piloswine into Icicle Crash and then gotten a safe path from there. Otherwise, I got to play it around. Will say the Hwilfish + Missy + Piloswine + Sneasel made this matchup incredibly more trickier due to their bulk and difficulty switching in.

G2 Team - Saw Lepton's game at W2 and decided to take the inspiration to make my own take since it had a lot of potential. Sub Gurdurr is a set that has a shitton of potential in order to take advantage of its faulty checks. I preferred Poison Jab over High Horsepower mainly because I didn't want to think too much about Clefairy + Twave option, and nailing down Clefairy means I'll be in such a strong advantage. Koffing is covered by Modest Weepinbell, which is designed to take on Gurdurr and Naclstack at the same time. It had Knock Off, but I preferred Thief to cover the Thief Koffing interaction and then added Sludge Bomb in order to pressure the switch-ins more. Synthesis over Strength Sap mainly because I need it healthy, and I didn't want to think too much about vs Hattrem MU. Modest + 180 speed means that it's able to outspeed Ada Gurdurr and OHKO non-eviolite Naclstack so I'm not too stressed bout that mon. Gligar Scarf is an excellent revenge killer and I wanted some speed control rather than the last mon itself. Originally I had t-spikes, but due to the heavy usage of Hwil and Koffing, I gave it spikes instead. Will say the set isn't as perfect imo. I was debating on changing U-Turn<Acrobatics since Gligar rarely uses U-Turn and it provided another revenge killer against Thwackey. Tinkatuff is the best rocker IMO since it puts progress against the common defogger/spinner, unlike Piloswine which needs support in order to beat Quaxwell. Play Rough + Knock Off + Thunder Wave still hits everything and forces the same switch-ins against it so in my mind this team appreciates Tinkatuff's multiple opportunities to get rocks in the field. 200 Speed to outspeed CB Piloswine is extremely nice tbh. Quaxwell is Quaxwell, but made it slightly faster to avoid 167 Piloswine and 20 SpDef for better rolls vs. Specs Frogadier. Drakloak is a big changeover from Sneasel here but felt like it kept sudden threats much better in check. E.G I found that vs. Qwilfish-H was a difficult one to revenge kill, especially with Terrain support but I also wanted to have a check against Raboot and Drakloak is an excellent revenge killer against both. Sub is mandatory for vs. Raboot, and with Quaxwell you can really create a ton of mindgames vs Raboot. Will O Wisp is for Raboot, but it also helps vs Hwilfish and Thwackey to some degree.

I really like both of my teams rn. Sun is a very fishy matchup, but it proved quite effective against the current trend and can be pushed in the meta. Weepinbell is pretty cool as well by being an offensive wallbreaker that aren't afraid of Will O Wisp Koffing.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Act:
skippergamez  vs  Kaif was given the win
Icemaster  vs  fish anemometer was given the win
DugZa  vs  lepton was given the win
Scholar  vs  JeoZ was given the win
Kabilapok  vs  Pura Killa inactive opponent
Hats  vs  5Dots inactive opponent
Turtlek  vs  TTTech inactive opponent
Fraise  vs  Knight who says "Ni" was given the win

Flips:
RL  vs  Seraphz
Mada  vs  SpaceSpeakers
elleapple  vs  Velcroc
CyndaKill-SH  vs  Quinn
Capture.PNG

If you disagree with a decision made, contact me or the OM staff quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)