Next 7* raid: Cinderace Terafight!

Considering we got the first starter, then another fire starter, my thought was honestly we'd get Typhlosion next. Maybe Hisui Typhlosion, because it would be worth a chuckle that it's impossible to get multiples of due to how that specific flavor of breeding works.
LA’s anniversary is coming up so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got one/all the Hisui starters. I also feel like they’ll definitely do Greninja at some point.

LA’s anniversary is coming up so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got one/all the Hisui starters. I also feel like they’ll definitely do Greninja at some point.
i'm also thinking that a 7* raid will be how they will distribute Battle Bond greninja.

Though idk if Battle Bond is better or worse than Protean nowadays, both got nerfed but Battle Bond feels like a huge commitment now due to the "one per battle" trigger.

i'm also thinking that a 7* raid will be how they will distribute Battle Bond greninja.

Though idk if Battle Bond is better or worse than Protean nowadays, both got nerfed but Battle Bond feels like a huge commitment now due to the "one per battle" trigger.
BB Gren will probably be through the Raids but probably not until Greninja is available "normally" in some capacity: you still can't breed Battle Bond Greninja.

Battle Bond will likely be the better Tera user compared to Protean, which you effectively lose upon Terastallizing. That's really the only niche I can think of, and will probably only fit Hyper Offense teams.

I had a strange experience with the raid ending early on me in single player, with the same AI since I hadn't reset. Stored Power barely didn't kill and Cinderace ended up putting up its shield at the very end of its health bar. I ended up using one last Stored Power to finish it off but Slowbro died to Life Orb recoil in the process. Even though the boss had fainted and I still had plenty of time left, Cinderace unleashed its energy and ended the raid. Thank you game freak.
Video: https://streamable.com/mh9l4p

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This has had to be the most organized disorganized party I ever got lol. Maybe word of "how to do" got around.
1673613979713.png

Espathra Reflect > Feather Dance x3
Armarouge doing Acid Spray x3 > Psychic Terrain
Me pressing Taunt > Acupressure intensely
Slowbro go brrrrrrrr

Oneshot the boss *through the shield* since it actually got it up due to timer

Fun moment ngl.

I tried my first Cinderace Raid today, I used my Level 85 (xD) Toxapex, did Iron Defense one time and then simply spammed Chilling Water until the end. We easily made it. Toxapex is so good for this raid :)

But I have to admit we also had a very good lineup for the raid in general (Slowbro, Espathra, Armarouge and my Toxapex).

I had a strange experience with the raid ending early on me in single player, with the same AI since I hadn't reset. Stored Power barely didn't kill and Cinderace ended up putting up its shield at the very end of its health bar. I ended up using one last Stored Power to finish it off but Slowbro died to Life Orb recoil in the process. Even though the boss had fainted and I still had plenty of time left, Cinderace unleashed its energy and ended the raid. Thank you game freak.
Video: https://streamable.com/mh9l4p
I've found the Cinderace raids to be an absolute mess when you don't manage to one-shot it with the Slowbro set up. I've been doing the daily 7*'s because I haven't been online since the last bout, and every now and then I miss a step in the setup and get KO'd, and then the game just goes to hell. Slowbro will come back in and then immediately faint, etc*. My guess is that something about it makes the game suddenly incapable of handling the async/real-time nature of raids and Cinderace does like 3 attacks in a row that don't get animated and you just die. While it was annoying waiting for other players in SwSh raids, the real time SV raids have managed to hit new lows.

(*I have saved a few videos of the get KO'd and immediately faint occurrences, but exporting videos from Switch is such an annoying process that I hadn't gotten around to uploading them to complain about this yet).

It's also felt like recently I've had a lot more occurrences of stored power not one-shotting even when I don't miss any steps in the setup

I've found the Cinderace raids to be an absolute mess when you don't manage to one-shot it with the Slowbro set up. I've been doing the daily 7*'s because I haven't been online since the last bout, and every now and then I miss a step in the setup and get KO'd, and then the game just goes to hell. Slowbro will come back in and then immediately faint, etc*. My guess is that something about it makes the game suddenly incapable of handling the async/real-time nature of raids and Cinderace does like 3 attacks in a row that don't get animated and you just die. While it was annoying waiting for other players in SwSh raids, the real time SV raids have managed to hit new lows.

(*I have saved a few videos of the get KO'd and immediately faint occurrences, but exporting videos from Switch is such an annoying process that I hadn't gotten around to uploading them to complain about this yet).

It's also felt like recently I've had a lot more occurrences of stored power not one-shotting even when I don't miss any steps in the setup
fwiw while twitter is....a sinking ship of a nightmare, you can just post videos directly to there and then just link the tweet

Whats wrong with ppl now? Ppl are joining this raid with mons like drum azumarill (insta dead), dragonites, charizards... In 3 hours Ive just won 2, due to ppl joining with stupid mons. Cmon...
Welcome to this raid, was exactly like this two weeks ago.

Personal recommendation if you value your time (and your sanity): always be the last to lock in, and if you see anyone locking in with a extremely questionable choice (aka, literally anything not bulky that doesn't resist both stabs not called Espathra) just leave.
Do note that Azumarill itself is actually fine, assuming people are doing Charm / Chilling water stuff, and not Belly Drum into death.

(This is also not foolproof, I can't forget that one time one guy came in with a lvl 75 just caught phisical slowbro...)

Welcome to this raid, was exactly like this two weeks ago.

Personal recommendation if you value your time: always be the last to lock in, and if you see anyone locking in with a extremely questionable choice (aka, literally anything not bulky that doesn't resist both stabs not called Espathra) just leave.
Do note that Azumarill itself is actually fine, assuming people are doing Charm / Chilling water stuff, and not Belly Drum into death
I stopped joining raids with azu after 5 doing drum into death and then spamming play rough for nothing. No dude, I did like 60 raids before and ppl did bring the right mons: chilling water mons, the bros, armarouge or espathra. But now, is like if ppl has liberated their mons xD. Gosh, Ive even seen raids with iron hands...

I stopped joining raids with azu after 5 doing drum into death and then spamming play rough for nothing. No dude, I did like 60 raids before and ppl did bring the right mons: chilling water mons, the bros, armarouge or espathra. But now, is like if ppl has liberated their mons xD. Gosh, Ive even seen raids with iron hands...
Yup, sounds about same as 2 weeks ago :tymp:

I don't trust azus either, and honestly I'll be dodging anything that isnt Slowbro, Espathra or Armarouge.
I will usually give a chance to people locking Ceruledge, Qwilfish (as if anyone other than me runs this), Toxapex, Slowking, Gyarados (sometimes) and similar other "double resists" since generally they are probably going to be useful assuming the other 3 are correct mons

Pelipper is something I was actually using at very start myself. Works ok, though honestly Gyarados at that point does all pelipper wants to do and better since if you die you also come back with intimidate.
Drizzle is cool on paper until one realizes that Espathra aside everyone uses fire resists so the rabbit mainly only spams Acrobatics anyway

Ive seen some qwilfish, I trust in them.
Tbfh Qwilfish is one of these mons where if you see it, you know someone read our guide, cause noone sane in mind would even think of it otherwise :wo:

I heavily dislike espathra. Its lumina crash fires very fast the shield on cinderace, ruining the whole setup... And yes, all Espathras Ive found just spams crash after crash...

Yeh Espathra is kinda like Azumarill... if the person has a clue, will go Reflect > Feather Dance spam and only throw a lumina crash or two, if they don't, they'll just Lumina Crash into shield or even worse buff clear into horrible death.

Triggering the shield itself isnt a "huge" deal, Slowbro can still chew through it. In fact most of the successful raids i've done so far ended up having the shield come up due to timer anyway.
It's the buff wipe that's an almost guaranteed death.

Funny story I wanted to share with you guys. Everyone's talking about the slow twins, Qwilfish Espathra, some are even using left field choices like Armarouge and Ceruledge. Saw a guy using Dachbun the other day to good effect. All solid choices - resist/immune to most of Cinderace's attacks, and/or have ways to debuff the bunny. I booted it up this morning to do my day's raid, one person joined using something very strange. I bought Qwilfish. 2 other people bought Slowbros. The final person bought...Ting-Lu! Not only did it get repeatedly killed, its ability lowers the special attack of all other Pokemon on the field.

Dumbest choice for a max raid I have ever seen.

Funny story I wanted to share with you guys. Everyone's talking about the slow twins, Qwilfish Espathra, some are even using left field choices like Armarouge and Ceruledge. Saw a guy using Dachbun the other day to good effect. All solid choices - resist/immune to most of Cinderace's attacks, and/or have ways to debuff the bunny. I booted it up this morning to do my day's raid, one person joined using something very strange. I bought Qwilfish. 2 other people bought Slowbros. The final person bought...Ting-Lu! Not only did it get repeatedly killed, its ability lowers the special attack of all other Pokemon on the field.

Dumbest choice for a max raid I have ever seen.
I see your story and follow with my most recent raid from literally 2 minutes ago.
I think this one had 2 of the biggest disappointments i've seen in a while.

First, a Skeledirge who had... Shadow Ball. Hyper Voice. Overheat. Yep, no Torch Song or Will o Wisp. At least he had the decency of using cheers...
And a Slowbro who... buffed up regularly, and I even went Acupressuring him... and then he used Psychic. PSYCHIC. I was like BRUH YOU HAD ONE JOB.
Still won btw cause fish is op and the other Slowbro actually had a clue. Was super close tho, last Stored Power nuked the boss just as there was a sliver of timer left.

Finally got around to doing the raid today. All it took was three tries, a ton of grinding, lots of luck and love, and a single Slowbro.

Build used:
Big Boom (Slowbro) @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 21 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 19 Spe
- Stored Power
- Iron Defense
- Psychic Terrain
- Nasty Plot
[name was received after the fact]

Pre-Raid Preparation:
- Lots of grinding in general, lots of positioning so I could get optimal EVs from the Gym leader rematches [minus Katy]
- Lots of Bottle Caps for hyper-training [I was also preparing an Iron Hands build so I can BTFO 6-star raids]
- Lots of grinding Tera raids for XP Candies
- Lots of money to buy stuff to grind
- A few EV-resetting berries after the 2nd attempt to check for and get rid of unwanted EVs
- More money, probably
- Finally hit the optimal EVs!

Chronicle of all of my attempts [may not be 100% accurate]:
Attempt 1:
- Went in, and got surprised when Cinderace immediately BU'd
- Didn't have the Intimidate that would save me on the winning try so the initial Acrobatics hit very hard
- Play went as this: 2x Iron Defense, 3x Nasty Plot, Psychic Terrain. used heal and def boost cheers at some point down the line to try and save myself from death
- Used Stored Power, Cinderace lived even with Psychic Terrain up [the time it took to set it all up didn't proc the barrier]
- Unlucky Acrobatics crit at like ~+4 Atk or smth kills Slowbro [not like it would've mattered lol, it would've died anyways because I was at too low HP]
- Cinderace sets up the Tera barrier, I realize I can't win because Cinderace boosted itself too much and I can't get back up in time, so I concede.
Attempt 2:
- Went in, now I knew!
- There was no Intimidate
- Play went the same as last time. at some point might've used the def/atk boost cheer to boost stored power or smth idk
- Apparently, I get unlucky with Tera barrier proccing and it does.
- Slowbro dies again, I concede because I can't win
Attempt 3 [the winning attempt!]:
- Went in, THIS time I got the Intimidate that won me the game since it nullified Cinderace's Bulk Ups [as well as Clodsire and something else I can't remember]
- Play was the same. Don't remember off the top of my head if I used any of the chants though.
- Cinderace sets up the barrier yet again due to timer, but this time I'm able to break through it with 2 Stored Powers.
- Slowbro dies but because of repeated Intimidates, I'm not at a disadvantage. Best of all, I take the barrier down with me before I die.
- I set up Iron Defense twice and Nasty Plot once, then proceed to BTFO Cinderace with 2 Stored Powers while its attacks bounce off of me
- Victory is mine, I get the coveted Cinderace!

also got a Tera Steel Haxorus from a 6-star Tera Raid today [and my 1st one too, no less].

Attempt 3 [the winning attempt!]:
- Went in, THIS time I got the Intimidate that won me the game since it nullified Cinderace's Bulk Ups [as well as Clodsire and something else I can't remember]
<snip/>
- Slowbro dies but because of repeated Intimidates, I'm not at a disadvantage.
Yup this is why when I was repeat solo-ing the raid by resetting the system clock I would simply leave if the CPU didn't bring intimidate. No cost to quitting with AI teammates.
Guidance on this thread helped a lot

FWIW the AI will always cast a Defensive cheer at start (a slightly more powerful one than the one you get with humans), and that stays for like 4 or 5 turns.
There's no point in using your own Defensive Cheer (while they do stack while solo, the effect is minor at that point), and by the time it expires you should be at enough +defense to shrug them off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)