Next 7* raid: Cinderace Terafight!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I think Espathra is actually quite good in rando raids (I've also been using Toxapex when I see another rando using Espathra), so here's what I've been using.

:sv/espathra:
Espathra @ Light Clay
140 HP / 252 Def / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
tera type: Psychic
ability: Opportunist
-Reflect
-Feather Dance
-Lumina Crash
-Roost

The 116 Speed EVs are key: they let Espathra outspeed Cinderace, so you can get Reflect up before it hits you. This can also become important in some late game scenarios, where you might need to Roost while your partners like Slowbro get ready.

Feather Dance is also important early game, imo its best to defbuff Cinderace as much as possible. That way, when it starts wiping stats, you arent suddenly facing like, a +4 Cinderace or something horrific like that lol.

It seems like folks are already catching on for the meta stuff, been seeing a ton of Slowbros in randos. Slowbro is still great there, but I feel like you want to support it when possible, and Espathra and Toxapex are pretty easy choices!

I've also seen Accupressure / Chilling Water Quilfish, who seems shockingly pretty good!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I made a Stored Power Slowbro and soloed my personal Cinderace raid pretty easily. But Slowbro is not very fun to run in rando online mode. Too many people spamming attacks and ruins the whole "setup and one-shot" strategy that Slowbro needs. The nice thing about Slowbro is that it doesn't die in online rando raids, so it's not a team liability. But unless the randoms know what they are doing, you're probably just wasting your time because you're gonna lose the raid anyway.

I have started leaving the lobby instantly when I see an Azumarill enter. Not because support Azumarill can't work in a Cinderace raid -- but because the number of randoms that are actually running support Azumarill are next to none. 99% of the Azus you see in the lobby are gonna Drum on turn one and begin the cycle of instadeath and burn out the timer for everyone.

Unlike the Charizard raid, there is no room for even one bad player in this Cinderace raid. Against Zard, you could carry one noob (even two sometimes) if the other players had mons built to win. But with Cinderace, it just hits too hard, too fast to carry a player that isn't prepared for it.

For that reason, I built an Armarouge today specifically for rando online raids against Cinderace, and it has been much more enjoyable.

Armarouge @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpAtk
Modest Nature
Tera Type: Psychic
Ability: Flash Fire
-Stored Power
-Iron Defense
-Clear Smog
-Acid Spray

This build is a decent balance between helping the team, but also able to deal good damage if things are going ok. Flash Fire is so choice because it allows Arma to preserve Fire defensive capability even after it Teras into mono-Psychic, which is normally the huge downside to Tera'ing in most raids. Clear Smog is just essential for online rando play. Even people that come in with ID Slowbro or whatever, it's amazing how everyone button-mashes attacks and no one bothers to do heal cheers which are needed. So trying to put a cap on Cinderace's DPS is crucial to team survival. Acid Spray is similarly vital to helping almost any rando team win. Since I exit any lobby with the usual Swords Dance/Belly Drum raid stars like Azumarill and Hands -- debuffing Cinderace for special attackers makes battles go quickly, if the rest of the team doesn't die first. Big if there....

Overall enjoying this Cinderace raid, but definitely harder to farm loot than the Charizard raid right now. Hopefully the word will get out and more people will start bringing more durable mons to rando raids.

Another funny Bronzong set I wouldn't recommend over the meta Slowbro/Armarouge but I wanted to try anyway:

Bronzong @ Shell Bell
Ability: Heatproof
Tera type: Psychic
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Def / 150 Sp. Atk
Bold nature
- Iron Defense
- Reflect
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Unlike Charizard (which you could get away with no npc support), I think you do need to fish for one of the Intimidate npcs. Start with 3 Iron Defenses, Stored Power thrice so you can Tera. Reflect before it clears stats (180 seconds in), though you can get away with not Reflecting if you hit 180 seconds before the boss status reset (60% HP left). Get Iron Defenses up again, Calm Mind as desired, then nuke with Stored Power.

Weird ev spread is such that +1 Cinderace 4HKOs through Reflect, but considering I haven't figured out how to prevent a death spiral without an Intimidate npc yet, I'd consider moving some evs if I weren't lazy.

People went crazy with this lol. I haven't had my twitter blow up like this ever. Here, take a meme someone made in reaction too:

I will say, I'm surprised Shellder does still have legs now that we're past the first hour meta of barely squeaking by on Skeledirge. It's relying a lot more on Iron Defense + Chilling Water, but it's doing the work it needs to. It is definitely not Blissey where things bounce off it and you can just life dew the whole game, because if you don't chilling the bulk ups, the mid game haze will actually slap you around a good bit. It's been a pretty nice partner for Slowbros online, particularly because it helps with the one shot with HH after stabilizing early game with ID -> Chilling -> Life Dew -> Go all out. It's also pretty solid on botched one shots because it can keep supporting the bros as they set back up. I actually just got off of a win with two bros and an Oricorio(??). I appreciate the attempt to cook on the flamenco bird, but it just taunted, rain danced, and died three times lol. Still, we got by and big HH stored powers with three indestructible Pokemon put in work. :blobthumbsup:

So pardon the double post, but it's been almost half a day and this stuff is so good it honestly deserves to bump the thread.

If you are looking for the ultimate support Pokemon for online randos, I have to say, this thing is absolutely amazing:

1672491578333.png

Qwilfish @ Brightpowder (Would NOT recommend leftovers for sucking up raid timer)
Intimidate
Bold / Relaxed / Lax (consider burning your Lax mints here just because there's no better use for them and it makes no difference)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
-Chilling Water
-Acid Spray
-Accupressure
-Minimize / Filler

I know that AustinJohnPlays made a post showing off how good Accupressure Qwilfish is in a coordinated group trying to go as fast as possible, but it's also extremely good even in uncoordinated groups. Intimidate + Chilling Water is perfect for Turn 1. From there you can click Accupressure like a battle tower Drapion until one of your ally Slowbro's an ungodly monster. Acid Spray just also of course makes it so much easier, and lets you crack shields with less problems. Just be careful about giving newer players ideas. I have yet to click minimize, but in theory it's nice at the stat reset if things go wrong. Hell, honestly, death isn't even that bad given you hit them with an intimidate immediately, presumably after the stat changes, and probably calm down a +1 or worse Cinderace for the rest of your team.

With it I have won:
-Several raids where the Slowbro pops it prematurely
-Several raids where a rando popped the shield early from damage / dieing
-Several raids with unideal Pokemon durdling around
-A game where the Slowbro was AFK for the first half (lol)

Losing raids with randos is honestly way more a rarity now than it was before. It's great!

Give it a try if you want some nice raids online with randos and don't mind the resource investments. You will need to burn a patch, but I've been very happy with it so far. I actually prefer doing this to date trick slowbro stuff now, hah.

Last edited:
I can confirm Slowbro works solo with some luck.

Other things I tried which did not work:

:dondozo: Dondozo <Ghost>
@ Shell Bell / Leftovers
252 Atk / 252 Def
Unaware
- Aqua Tail
- Waterfall
- Tera Blast

Unaware to ignore Bulk Up and simple Water coverage. Ghost Tera type can help by causing High Jump Kick crashes.
Overall this works somewhat but just does not hit hard enough for solo.

:arcanine: Arcanine
Intimidate
- Howl
- Will-o-Wisp
- Play Rough
- Helping Hand

Support Arcanine I tried together with a Ceruledge. This might have worked with more hard hitters.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So if you're like me, you raid a lot, and when you raid a lot in events... you start to max out your shards! So to help with that (and me, good lord I need to spend them tonight lol), let's look at some potentially interesting things to spend those fighting shards on!

This has a Battle Stadium Singles focus in mind, not really sure much in VGC wants Tera Fighting that doesn't already get it naturally. Note that the Fighting Tera isn't TERRIBLY common in Battle Stadium Singles, but its on a few Pokemon!

I'll also link to any analysis where the Fighting tera is mentioned!

Really Good Tera Fighting Users

:sv/magnezone:
Magnezone

Tera Fighting lets Magnezone own Kingambit (especially if you use Magnet Pull), and it helps a lot against Hydreigon.

:sv/breloom:
Breloom

Due to how this game's dumb move relearn system works... Breloom can NOT learn Spore without evolving from a Shroomish that had Spore already (and it can't even relearn it if you get rid of it!). Because of this... getting Tera Fighting Breloom for those sweet boosted Mach Punch and Close Combats can be a real pain, so this is a good tera shard investment!

:sv/espathra:
Espathra

Tera Fighting Espathra means Kingambit isn't gonna do too hot against you anymore, and it helps against the tons of Hydreigons running around too!

Good Users

:sv/ceruledge:
Ceruledge

Getting a boosted Close Combat is pretty useful on that Sash set!

:sv/corviknight:
Corviknight

For Iron Defense sets, Body Press gets a nice boost from Tera Fighting. Just make sure to Tera it late in the match, because losing Corviknight's wonderful typing is a shame unless you know you can win with the tera!

:sv/armarouge:
Armarouge

Armarouge is actually pretty niche in BSS (most of its usage comes from a team that was making rounds on rentals), but it hits pretty hard, and Fighting can help out against Dark-types that try to eat it up.

Weird stuff I'm thinking about

Don't take these as definitive ideas. this is just stuff I'm thinking about burning shards on because I got too many lol. Do this at your own risk!

:sv/mimikyu:
Mimikyu

I'm thinking about this because... if Kee Berry ever comes back, that SD + Drain Punch set might be ballin with a Fighting Tera! Plus, maybe when paradoxes and ruins are allowed, Tera Fighting Drain Punch can come in handy.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo

Unlike OU, you don't see a ton of Fighting Gholdengo around. I'm interested partly because... I hate Focus Blast and would rather use Tera Blast!! More seriously though, a Dark resistance sounds nice with so many Hydriegon and Kingambit around! Might come in handy more in the future too when the Legendaries are allowed.

:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult

So I've actually seen Fighting Dragapult a few times before, and it's there for one reason I think: it messes with Kingambit lol. That's sorta an extreme reason on paper, but Kingambit is REALLY hard to check with its OHKO nonsense, so it might be worth it. Could do a ton to the offensive legendaries whenever those are unbanned!

:sv/gengar:
Gengar

So Gengar has found its place in BSS because of fast Encore stuff, but... Fighting is sorta a weird fit on it because Gengar tends to prefer tera types with immunities (think Normal, Flying, and Fairy). That being said... a Sucker Punch resistance could come in handy maybe!

:sv/scizor:
Scizor

Look, I just like powerful Close Combats OK? Could def help against Kingambit, though otherwise Tera Steel generally makes more sense against stuff like Hydreigon.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow, what a difference a day makes. The word is definitely getting out and more and more randoms are getting the playbook for beating the Cinderace raid. I am seeing a lot less randos running Azumarill in the lobbies, and Slowbros and Armarouges are all over the place (that's good). And even better, much more often than yesterday, the randoms are playing much more like coordinated teams. I would say more than half of the rando raids I join, if there are only Bros and Armas on the team, the team plays it textbook and we win the raid easily. This raid is actually super-fun because it's cool to join a random team, hoping everyone does the right thing, and then they do it! And when doing the Slowbro strategy, it is just so deeply satisfying to see a Slowbro pull the pin on the Stored Power grenade and one-shot Cinderace :-) And the Stored Power animation is just perfect for it, as if a nuke is dropping from the sky and lands on Cinderace, watching the healthbar wipe like it's the mushroom cloud :-D Yeah, I gotta admit -- I love it when it goes like that!

Here's "the playbook", or at least the playbook that has been working for me and others in randos:
  • Join a team with a combination of Slowbros and Armarouges, usually
  • I have both, so I enter the lobby with Bro, but wait to see if other Slowbros join (which is most of the time) and I switch to Armarouge
  • Slowbros all Iron Defense from the start and then start Nasty Plotting after 1-2 Iron Defenses
  • Armarouges have lots of tricks up their sleeves for support, and they go to work with their moves -- usually a combination of Iron Defense, Reflect, Clear Smog, Acid Spray, Psychic Terrain and Heal Up or Hang Tough Cheers
  • The name of the game for Arma/Support mons is to debuff Cinderace, buff the heavy hitters, and keep everyone alive while the Bros get in their Nasty Plots.
  • The only real must have is that Cinderace gets Acid Sprayed down to -4 SpDef or more and we don't proc the boss shield.
  • At that point, one of the Slowbros pops the Stored Power and Cinderace goes bye-bye

When I am playing support, I try to keep an eye on other Armas and their use of Acid Spray so I don't waste unnecessary moves. Right about the time that Cinderace is at -4 SpDef or so, it gets tense because you don't want the shield to trigger, you don't want someone to die, and you don't want some idiot to bust out a move that makes it clear the team ain't on the same playbook and it's not gonna go to plan. It's such a disappointment when some dumbass Armarouge pops an Expanding Force early and ruins everything. Or like one battle I was in, where a Slowking (should have been my first clue they were noob) after dutifully Iron Defensing and Nasty Plotting for several turns like a champ -- proceeds to Zen Headbutt Cinderace doing nothing and the shield proc'ed shortly after that and the raid fell apart quickly from there. Huge facepalm moment. But hey, that happens sometimes in rando raids. I'm just glad there seems to be a much larger contingent of rando players that know what is going on than just 24 hours ago. It's made it pretty fun, and much easier to haul in the loot.

After reading TheMantyke post about Qwilfish, I just had to give it a try myself. And I must say, I really like the little blowfish! It ABSOLUTELY works as an easy-to-play allstar support mon for these raids. It's an all-purpose swiss army knife that helps almost any team, whether they know "the playbook" or not. I made a few tweaks to the build suggested by Mantyke, but the role is the same. Here's mine:

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Poison
Naive nature
EVs: 166 HP / 168 Def / 176 Speed
- Chilling Water
- Acid Spray
- Acupressure
- Rain Dance

For me, the key things that standout for this Qwilfish that really separate it from the pack of Slowbros and Armarouges out there are:
  • Intimidate allows the team to start the battle on an even field with Cinderace. With only Slowbro and Armarouge, you are going to eat a +1 attack no matter what. Taking no more than normal damage that first turn is a massive help to every team.
  • Naive with 176 Speed Ev's put Qwilfish at 275 Speed which outspeeds this raid's Adamant Cinderace. This is SO HUGE for this raid, imo. Firing off a Chilling Water before the hit is just night and day different than Clear Smogs from Armarouge, for example. It is particularly important after the boss clears the team boosts or on those nailbiter turns where Cinderace Bulks Up twice in a row. I had one battle (not when I was playing Qwilfish) where it Bulked Up THREE times consecutively and wiped out the entire team the next turn! I'm not saying Qwilfish would turn the tide in a battle like that -- but going first is such a nice change from Armarouge and Slowbro always taking sloppy seconds.

Acid Spray is a table stakes move for this Cinderace raid meta. Acupressure is fun, and very powerful for Slowbro teams, even if it is unreliable in terms of giving legit boosts. When I’m on teams with random Bros that go off script, I suspect they don’t even realize how much up I am boosting their Stored Power DPS with weird Acupressure boosts lol ;-) I put Rain Dance on for the occasional times that I can boost the DPS of Chilling Waters from the team and cut damage done from Cinderace Pyro Balls. I've only used it once iirc, and that battle had already gone sideways and we lost. But still, it's an option.

Big thanks to TheMantyke for turning us on to the potential of the spiky blowfish -- it's been lots of fun to play!

Last edited:
Acid Spray is a table stakes move for this Cinderace raid meta. Acupressure is fun even if it is unrealiable. And I put Rain Dance on for the occasional times that I can boost the DPS of Chilling Waters from the team and cut damage done from Cinderace Pyro Balls. I've only used it once iirc, and that battle had already gone sideways and we lost. But still, it's an option.
I'm actually not running Acid Spray and instead using Taunt. Usually the Armarouges will have it themselves, and Espathras have their Lumina Crash, however if you see that there's the risk of pushing into the shield, a quick emergency Taunt can actually in a pinch save the raid since Cinderace won't manage to get to +4 right away after clearing everything.
Also Acid Spray actually lowering spdef can be a detriment since Slowbro/Armarouge (whichever is doing the Stored Power stack) doesn't need it to oneshot, and it buffs its own damage which can risk putting the boss in shield range expecially if someone else is using Chilling Water off an actual Spatker like Slowking or Slowbro themselves.

As for Acupressure, I wouldn't really call it unreliable. It's just arbitrarly increasing the Stored Power BPs, "potentially" also giving useful stuff like +speed/evasion to slowbro or +defense to Armarouge. In reality all you care is just adding 60 BP per cast to Stored Power, what stat it's buffing isn't really relevant.

I've been using either Qwil or Ceruledge as my go-to support, but actually ran with friends occasionally, doing a Slowbro (support) / Armarouge (support) / Armarouge (stored power) / Qwilfish setup, and basically Slowbro debuffs atk (defensive cheer t1), the support armarouge goes reflect -> acid spray, the other armarouge stacks up calm mind while I click Acupressure on it and then it just blows up.

10/10 recommending spiky fish if you have slowbros even in randos. Praise lord and savior TheMantyke for exposing us to the spiky godfish

DougJustDoug

WOW! Great tip, Worldie ! I just removed Rain Dance and added Taunt to Qwilfish and it has proven instantly useful. Much, much better than anything else in that 4th slot. Particularly with a +Speed nature Qwilfish that outspeeds Cinderace, getting off a fast Taunt is just fantastic. It sucks if the shield goes up, but on random teams where you can predict that they’ll proc the shield, getting in a Taunt is huge to prevent those brutal Bulk Ups from Cinderace! Fantastic tip Worldie and it really rounds out the Qwilfish set.

You make really good points about Acid Spray, and I agree it might help proc the shield in some cases. But for uncoordinated teams I really think the rewards outweigh the risks imo. Also, I edited my post about Acupressure to make it clearer about the “unreliable” thing about Acupressure, particularly on rando raids.

And that’s something I want to emphasize about Qwilfish — it is NOT some superstar mon that will solo this raid. In fact, quite the opposite. If anyone out there is making a Qwilfish to solo their personal raid, you‘re doing it wrong lol. For individual brute force, I’ll take Slowbro or Armarouge in this raid any day. But where Qwilfish really shines for me, is that it can play on lots of rando teams and help contribute to wins at a higher rate than the S-tier mons for this raid (Bro and Arma, imo)

Past the glory of Shellder memes, I would actually highly recommend this Slowbro build people are using for one tapping it offline:

:Slowbro:
Slowbro @ Life Orb
Whatever Ability
Modest / Quiet / Rash
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Def
-Iron Defense
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic Terrain
-Stored Power

Iron Defense twice, Nasty Plot thrice, Psychic Terrain, Go All Out Cheer, then hit the Stored Power for the one shot. The only trouble is outspeeding your allies damage before they proc Cinderace to whip out its shield, which is why you're only using Iron Defense twice and your cheer last. Just got done mowing through three offline with the raid / date change stuff. :boi:

If you are like me and want to use your shiny Slowking instead, it also works with him too, though maybe go with max phys bulk since you lose a lot compared to Slowbro.

I have actually botched the set up a few times and left him with like 20% (there's also some weird phantom hit nonsense happening sometimes??). Even after that, it's not hard to do it all over again for the win.
this was the solution i used to beat cinderace btw. You really can't skimp out on the EVs, though. The differenec between max HP and no HP investment is.....stark.
also by pure happenstance i already had a Modest Slowbro; funny how that worked out. I could have even tera'd into Psychic.

I chose a Level Ball for its home.

1672569620711.png

I am a Support Iron Moth player.

It may not have Toxapex's raw bulk, nor Qwilfish's huge utility in Intimidate, but it is the first Pokémon I thought about when the raid was datamined and some friends and me began preparations. This is due to its access to recovery and Helping Hand!

Honestly, you catch the drift of how it works:
- You Acid Spray thrice (or less if there is another Acid Spray support on board).
- If need be, Lunge for your squishier teammates (applicable whenever, but easier to do with other Acid Spray supports).
- You then repeatedly use Helping Hand on the setup Slowbro or Armarouge until they decide to attack.

Thanks to the Mirror Herb copying the Defense boost from the opposing Cinderace's Bulk Up and max defensive investment, you can bypass your natural squishiness and ensure you live long enough to apply your debuffs. This item was a great idea from one of the friends I prepared with, and I was amazed at how easily Iron Moth ate attacks so shoutout to you DH (though you are not here). I thought the Cinderace would be way faster than it actually is (read: I thought it would be Jolly) so I decided not to invest in Speed. This has resulted in me not really using Morning Sun as much as envisioned.

1672572420200.png

Something I want to try for the event rerun is Bruxish in a physical debuff composition, with Taunt to prevent Cinderace's Bulk Ups, Screech and Chilling Water as debuff moves + Reflect. However, not much on the physical side seems to work on this raid and it seems like it will take time to get going. Thoughts on this?

1672572554258.png

Qwilfish on the other hand seems great, and the move Acupressure mentioned in the earlier discussions looks very interesting! I had considered Qwilfish but not this move, thanks for the idea! Will definitely train one for the rerun.

I forgot to put Tera Psychic and Poison on both other mons respectively, woops.

Last edited:
The problem with any phisical attacker in this raid is that cinderace spams Bulk Up, so you will be dealing with a minimim of +1 and often all the way to +4 or +6 defense.
While Chilling Water gets rid of the attack debuff even when shield is up, there is no realistic way to set up a phisical 1hko fast enough. I saw a Azumarill go for +6 play rough turn 2 and it barely did 25%.

Why does nobody mention that Will o Wisp for burning Cinderace is very useful for the support Pokemon without Iron Defense like the Bro ? :)=
While it is, it's kinda risky as it ticks down the boss and can trigger the shield early. It also gets cleared once ace clears debuffs.

I have it on ceruledge but only actually use it if the group has espathra / armarouges/ sighazumarill that will be hitting through the shield.
If they are clearly looking for a setup 1shot with slowbro, WoW is unnecessary and almost detrimental (basically same problem of acid spray, you are slowly but surely chipping the boss more than necessary for slowbro to oneshot)

All the above ofc applies to random group, we use WoW in our oneshot setup as 4

Past the glory of Shellder memes, I would actually highly recommend this Slowbro build people are using for one tapping it offline:

:Slowbro:
Slowbro @ Life Orb
Whatever Ability
Modest / Quiet / Rash
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Def
-Iron Defense
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic Terrain
-Stored Power

Iron Defense twice, Nasty Plot thrice, Psychic Terrain, Go All Out Cheer, then hit the Stored Power for the one shot. The only trouble is outspeeding your allies damage before they proc Cinderace to whip out its shield, which is why you're only using Iron Defense twice and your cheer last. Just got done mowing through three offline with the raid / date change stuff. :boi:

If you are like me and want to use your shiny Slowking instead, it also works with him too, though maybe go with max phys bulk since you lose a lot compared to Slowbro.

I have actually botched the set up a few times and left him with like 20% (there's also some weird phantom hit nonsense happening sometimes??). Even after that, it's not hard to do it all over again for the win.
I sunk all my money and items into this RabbitKiller and I was rewarded. Coupled with clock shenanigans, this strategy deserves all accolades.

Thank you TheMantyke

For the first last day I wanted to go for a solo Slowbro win without AI support from Intimidate/Sylveon's Charm/Drifblim's Will-O-Wisp, and ended up going for an alternate Slowbro OHKO from gamefaqs that also didn't need Psychic Terrain so it could work with Arboliva if time permits. It's basically the same Slowbro but with Slack Off over Psychic Terrain in between setting up stats which ended up being key to surviving to the end without Intimidate and still got the one shot off.
3x Iron Defense
1x Slack Off
3x Nasty Plot
1x Attack Cheer
1x Stored Power
I tested it out with a Dudunsparce/Umbreon/Garganacl team which got killed on most turns, so that may have helped to avoid damage. Cinderace did get paralyzed but it didn't proc on my turns.

I've also seen this other version with Shell Bell sustain with Stored Power midway through setup, but it seems to require specific Psychic tera type to break past the last shields to clear before stats get reset.

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/1007a32 Apparently the KO timer loss is based on BST/level in some way and so a level 1 Shinx with Intimidate can basically emulate the AI with little time loss.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Pogofiremaster/comments/1009q5q/timer_research/

Last edited:
For the first last day I wanted to go for a solo Slowbro win without AI support from Intimidate/Sylveon's Charm/Drifblim's Will-O-Wisp, and ended up going for an alternate Slowbro OHKO from gamefaqs that also didn't need Psychic Terrain so it could work with Arboliva if time permits. It's basically the same Slowbro but with Slack Off over Psychic Terrain in between setting up stats which ended up being key to surviving to the end without Intimidate and still got the one shot off.

I tested it out with a Dudunsparce/Umbreon/Garganacl team which got killed on most turns, so that may have helped to avoid damage. Cinderace did get paralyzed but it didn't proc on my turns.

I've also seen this other version with Shell Bell sustain with Stored Power midway through setup, but it seems to require specific Psychic tera type to break past the last shields to clear before stats get reset.

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/1007a32 Apparently the KO timer loss is based on BST/level in some way and so a level 1 Shinx with Intimidate can basically emulate the AI with little time loss.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Pogofiremaster/comments/1009q5q/timer_research/
This is the Bro I use, both of my raids (I missed a day oops) were without Intimidate and NPC.

I actually forgot about Psychic Terrain so Slack Off was there by default. I just went in with 3x set-up on each, attack cheer and then stored power. Didn’t have a need for terrain at all, or healing.

The NPCs whittled it down a little, so perhaps I was lucky enough to be in that “pre shield but enough for SP OHKO” area twice but hey, it worked and now I have a Fast Ball Cinderace

I expect the other two Galar starters will be next. Who’s ready for Grassy Glide Rillaboom with like Ground type Tera? :zonger: (probably some BS like unlimited terrain or terrain ext hold item too)

level 1 shinx play is the true galaxy brain strat

i'm talking exploding universe brain strats

I expect the other two Galar starters will be next. Who’s ready for Grassy Glide Rillaboom with like Ground type Tera? :zonger: (probably some BS like unlimited terrain or terrain ext hold item too)
Unlimited terrain isn't the kind of boss perk they mess with. Honestly Ground Boom with Grass Terrain would probably work in our favor lmao.

Considering we got the first starter, then another fire starter, my thought was honestly we'd get Typhlosion next. Maybe Hisui Typhlosion, because it would be worth a chuckle that it's impossible to get multiples of due to how that specific flavor of breeding works.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Okay, I have warmed up to fighting this raid after adjusting my Slowbro and Armarouge sets… it’s way tougher than Charizard but it is certainly beatable, me and my girlfriend managed to take it down with her using Dachsbun of all things because of the AI constantly clicking Pyro Ball into it allowing us to get free turns. also similarly to the Mirror Herb Iron Moth tech shown earlier in the thread, Mirror Herb Dachsbun to get some initial bulk before Cinderace starts hammering your team was invaluable especially with Reflect Armarouge support. (And as for who ended up doing the most damage, Howl Dachsbun with Defense boosts unironically carried cause I kept Clear Smogging the BUs :psyglad:)

I feel a bit ... disappointed by Raid 7 ! If you need only one or two strat with mandatory coordination with online guys without able to talk to them, I feel it's a bad idea to run "impossible" boss !

I would like to have parrallel raid with 1v1 Pokemon (maybe using my whole team) but "do-able"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)