Resource [NEW!!] UU Team Bazaar

hey ! here are some of the interesting teams i've built and played around with on ladder!!

:ss/Shedinja: :ss/Obstagoon: :ss/Primarina: :ss/Skarmory: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Seismitoad:

This is a really wild team with a bunch of units, but I've played a ton with this squad and they've complimented each other nicely. Shedinja is definitely a wild one, but I really had this team back when Latias came back down for a bit, and had protect to scout for mystical fire to wall it, but I still think the pokemon can do some annoying things, especially with correct scouting. Obstagoon is still a nice breaker imo, and a good status absorber, with the rest talk set being a pretty reliable way to deal with stuff like amoonguss. Sub cm prim is just a nice wincon, and also can be a nice check to stuff like moltres etc. Skarm is just an amazing wall that beats too many things, and with toxic+body press it can deal with the troublesome ground types to let the absolute demon, regieleki, kill way too many things than it should. Toad to round off the team for rocks and its nice typing/ability.

:ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Swampert: :ss/Volcanion: :ss/Noivern: :ss/Tapu-Bulu:

A pretty standard looking balance team with a bit of unorthodox sets. Mandibuzz is just a nice glue mon that annoys things w/ knock off and provides slow u-turns for aegislash. I used specs aegi on this team, but I'm sure sub toxic works well too, but I just wanted an effective breaker to take advantage of the slow pivot in mandi. Defensive pert for rocks/another slow pivot move, and then a weird one in rest talk volc. This provides a very similar role to rest talk primarina, only it deals with different things better that this team can find annoying, like amoonguss and steels, mainly. Noivern is for some much needed speed control and hazard removal, and a bulky sd bulu set as a nice soft check to conk, and a way to sweep later on after aegi has blown holes in teams.

:ss/Chandelure: :ss/Mienshao: :ss/Weezing-Galar: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Excadrill: :ss/Golisopod:

This is a neat team that I made recently, with the idea that weezing/golisopod/exca set up/control hazards while the other threats force switches, resulting in opposing mon getting status/ knock'd. I really wanted to use hextech chandy so I started with that. Mienshao was initially LO b/c I liked the wallbreaking it did, but the team desperately needed more speed so I switched it to scarf. Still, it's a really great and fast mon and the knock off utility is crucial with a team like this to chip opposing mons. Weezing is ofc a great conk counter, but tspikes and spreading burns is also greatly appreciated, although I might test other moves on it in the future, as it has a lot of neat ones like haze,taunt, toxic, etc. NP dual stab hydreigon has been incredible for me, and leftovers on it rather than something like LO lets it take advantage of it's surprisingly nice defensive utility. Proper play is of course required with a set like this though, as doubling on incoming fairies and hitting them with a status move is key to winning with this team. Spdef exca is super annoying for teams to deal with, as with its deceptive bulk, it can stick around forever as long as it doesn't get knock'd (weezing is a great knock sponge btw). The last member, golisopod, has been really interesting to play with. This is the first time I've used this mon, and I gotta say I love how it plays. First impression forces out a ton of switches, giving you free spikes/knocks letting you get closer to the eventually chandy wincon, and it's insane bulk lets it be a solid exca check, as well as other physical attackers.

With all this being said, there are a few flaws with some of these teams, (the last team kinda gets 6-0'd by keldeo lol), so I would love to hear input if u want to pm me :-) thanks for reading !

Sun player here to provide odd sun teams that work:
https://pokepast.es/aaefdac65e08bdce - Bulky Sun?
Incineroar icon
- Slow Parting Shot user or Flare Blitz Kamekaze to get other teammates in safely.
Chansey icon
- Teleport user or Healing Wish Kamekaze to get other teammates in safely.
Leafeon icon
- Powerful Solar Blade user (probably the strongest?) and has decent bulk that let's it not care about priority (including ice shard from Mamo). Really solid for a sweeper to have in a meta full of priority: E-speed Zydoge, Accel Rock Lycan Rock, Mach Punch Conk, A Jet Crawdaunt, and the list goes on. Lefties gives it a little more support to stomach neutral hits better, as well as, prolong longevity when using double edge. Speed EVs outspeeds Regieleki so, under sun Leafeon is pretty much the fastest mon alive.
Venusaur icon
- Set-up Sweeper with a little bit of bulk.
Torkoal icon
- Rock Spinner. Clear Smog comes in clutch against set-up sweepers (like Gyarados or Salamence).
Ninetales icon
- Two Sun Setters is better than one imo. Both are weak to rocks so, meh, one is bound to die fast. Thing is, Torkoal has great phys def and Ninetales is fast with great SpDf, so one can come in clutch late game or early game and they both have a lot more utility than setting up sun. And it's useful against opposing weather.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1483291439-mckkeck9ajrn7jqb2obp1g8qw7f75lzpw

https://pokepast.es/f03aff44bce5e2c3 Sunzilla - Attack All Monsters

Darmanitan icon
Leafeon icon
Ninetales icon
Torkoal icon
Chansey icon
Venusaur icon

Darm and Leafeon are the wall breakers (Leafeon's weather ball does a lot to Celesteela and Skarmory), and the rest work towards getting them in safely to beat the opposing team or weaken them enough so Venusaur can sweep. Very simple.

I love Weather in general so here are some other teams you can use:

https://pokepast.es/736b55d29effc2f7 - Sneaky Sand
Flygon icon
Durant icon
Excadrill icon
Gigalith icon
Swampert icon
Tangrowth icon

Flygon's set is for luring in Skarm for Exca to sweep better. Durant is the wallbreaker.

https://pokepast.es/fc063e8f586dea15 - Omastar's Rain Brigade

Politoed icon
Omastar icon
Ludicolo icon
Chansey icon
Toxicroak icon
Thundurus Shiny sprite from Bank

Team Description - Miror B's Ludiloco is just a fun guy dancing with friends.

This team supports lycanroc-d through the roof with rocks and many ways to deal with pokemon that can deal with it.

Jirachi:
- supports lycan with healing wish
- revenge kills many Pokémon
- can pivot lycan in especially since it forces many pokemon to switch out vs it as iron head flinches can cheese many pokemon out

Amoonguss:
- Helps against grass types that lycanroc can struggles against
- Gives a way for lycanroc-d to freely switch against opponents by putting them to sleep
- Is a great pivot to scout what the opponent can do and is a great mixed wall here

Lycanroc-d:
- Breaker of the team
- Revenge kills many Pokémon with high speed + priority
- Forces pressure on chansey, moltres-g, and many offensive Pokémon by ripping them with its high power moves

Mandibuzz:
- Fogs for the team as its very helpful to keep the team at high health especially if the team is dealing with Offense and HO or its about to face a very long game against stall and it should be able to keep hazards off to prevent the team from getting to worn down
- Pivots in lycanroc-d, and mence to wreck havoc on the opponent
- Knock off helps remove recovery tools, choice items, and helmets which annoy pert, rachi, and lycanroc-d

Salamence:
- helps lycanroc-d and rachi with grass types and threatens physical walls that otherwise stop half the team in the tracks
- Is able to provide counter play against Pokémon like conk, mamoswine, and zygarde-10% by softening their hits with intimidate
- Can take advantage of the holes broken by lycanroc-d to clean the game especially against weakened pokemon such as celesteela, primarina, slowking, swampert, and more

Swampert:
- Gives a rocker for the team
- Provides a slow pivot
- Can toxic many grass types such as tang, bulu, and primarina to be able to wear them down and generate momentum of them by flip turning into mence
- Gives the team more breathing room vs thundy-t and physical Pokémon such as zygarde-10%, exca, and conk

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-606341
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1502681580
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501484152
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501845749
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501480120

Struggles the team has from pretty light to not something you want to see on preview:

- zygarde-10% especially if they pilot it correct
- Scarf diggersby can clean most of the team and just generally output a lot of pressure. SD claims a kill if it can SD on smth like a switch to amoonguss
- SD cobalion or support cobalion can be really threatening if it is safety goggles as you already waste a turn trying to spore it and if something else is spored you have to play really carefully with pert, mence, and lycanroc-d. Tricking is a last ditch effort that usually works if the scarf is not useful for anything else
- CM reuniclus pretty much force rachi to iron head spam it or trick on them and this can be scouted or rachi is not unable to burn it down with flinches or force lycan to trade damage vs it so it can be kept in check. Another way I have dealt with it is Spore but this can be scouted as well or be nulled with speed ev's on reuni
- Specs primarina if it can click buttons good enough and ends up wearing ur team down / psychic on amoonguss

Last edited:
this thread needs love . cause i think its a cool resource but i cant be asked writing out descriptions for each team so here ya go. some of them are outdated, some of them are mid and some were made within like 5 mins, but i think theyre decent/fun teams

:ss/Nidoqueen: :ss/Tornadus: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Zarude: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Primarina:

itemless torn/buly nidoqueen (ur gonna fear zarude w/ this lol)

:ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Starmie: :ss/Swampert: :ss/Tapu-Bulu: :ss/Toxtricity:

goggles hydreigon might be a bit outdated with the slight amoonguss dip, so maybe that could just be LO 3 attacks/roost, bulky starmie is pretty mid but i think lefties > boots to help it in those awkward stalls you'll have vs rockers, toxtricity owns in any matchup that doesnt have excadrill or chansey, scarf bulu can catch things off guard but u have to play smart with it (dont lead off with it turn 1 vs an expected zarude for example)

:ss/Celesteela: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Amoonguss: :ss/Mamoswine: :ss/Diancie: :ss/Tornadus:

sub over protect on celesteela makes it play pretty differently from regular defensive versions, and with some air slash flinches can be a real annoyance to things like slowking. crazy spread is to give it special att boost for air slash annoyance (ur prob never sweeping with this thing, but kinda just denting teams with it, plays like sub toxic aegis) added trick room on last for diancie for anti trick room tech (was laddering with this and seeing a lot of tr lol) but this could be anything really, prob body press to nail excadrills

:ss/Slowking: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Cobalion: :ss/Nihilego: :ss/Golisopod: :ss/Golurk:

GOL GANG golurk is something that can either 2hko everything slower than it, or almost ohko anything faster than it (i think only gyarados and moltres are the relevant ones?) iron fist ice punches for mandibuzz, cc for cobalion/hydreigon/zarude, then stabs hit everything else really. golisopod is something that helps with speed control with dual prio thats a decent exca check, so thats why theres another shitmon there (i still think this thing is decent btw) grass knot > knock over nihil to avoid anti synergy with poltergeist and cause swampert is annoying

:ss/Obstagoon: :ss/Azelf: :ss/Swampert: :ss/Tapu-Bulu: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Salamence:

obstagoon team. foregoing rest talk set for a more tempo-esque version, and its going to have more longevity since u have bulu on ur team.

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Tornadus: :ss/Tapu-Bulu: :ss/Heracross: :ss/Darmanitan:

ANOTHER torn team, but this time with some more shitmons like heracross and darmanitan. this is a bit more recent team as boots darm has seen a bit of an uptick on weatherless teams, and it can still be threatening when it gets in to be fair. scarf heracross for nice speed control and tbh, also pretty hard to switch into. double hazard removal to help the torn get in and click acro more.

:ss/Conkeldurr: :ss/Entei: :ss/Zarude: :ss/Swampert: :ss/Celesteela: :ss/Salamence:

pretty standard team with some pivots to help entei and conk get in as much as possible. espeed and mach punch should help balance out the somewhat shaky speed on the team.

ok thats it

:ss/zygarde-10%: :ss/chansey: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/nihilego: :ss/excadrill: :ss/salamence: <- Team paste click on sprites

Zygarde-10% - pairs well with the rest of the which weakens the team or zygarde-10% itself weakens opposing pokemon into range for nihi or mence to clean the game. I chose it here as the desired breaker as the team can easily abuse tangrowth with pokemon such as toxic drill, toxic chansey, special mence, and nihi and zygarde-10% itself can toxic it to make it a living hell for it.

Chansey - Helps against most special attackers and can pivot in mainly zydog with teleport while nihi and mence can abuse teleport to get in on pokemon that take advantage of chansey such as conk, keldeo, skarmory, roserade, and more. It is chosen over potentially something such as slowking as chansey can help against the prim MU.

Tangrowth - Physical wall and deals with many pokemon while knocking off targets which can help soften them up for the breakers to clean them up such as removing helmet's from amoonguss to make zydog outrage not be punished by recoil. It also helps deal with many volt turn teams such as against zarude, jirachi, thundy-t, and can chip down pokemon such as lycanroc, zydog, gyara, and mence into range of teammates to clean them up.

Nihilego - Designated Rocker of the team, deals with grass types while zydog deals with many steel types and special walls such as slowking, chansey, and swampert. Stealth rocks help put many pokemon into 2hko range of zydog and mence such as slowking, amoonguss, swampert, skarmory and more. It also helps get rid of many items with knock off as nihilego and tangrowth usually have different pokemon who absorb their items.

Excadrill - Spinner of the team. It threatens most grasses and water types with toxic which allows them to be worn down into range of mence and zydog which allows them to break through the opponents. Exca also provides with better nihi counterplay and provides checks to many pokemon which can threaten the team otherwise such as bulu, chandelure, aegislash, and mamoswine.

Salamence - Abuses weakened teams that were punched through and helps weaken teams into range of zydog. It helps deal with many grass typse zydog struggles against such as against zarude, amoonguss, tang, and tapu bulu while also pressuring slowking, skarmory, and hydreigon from making much progress.

Team doing good work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1513273907
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1513237303
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512993046
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512546644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512213060
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1511960091

Team poor MU's

mamo - kinda destroys the team if it gets a clean entry on smth like mence or zydog and you can attempt to use drill to tank ice shard to force it out but that is a short term thing. Chansey can trade knock for toxic to put it on a timer so that the process it makes is very limited as it is on a very short timer

skarmory + very offensive team: hard to spin in general and team may get overwhelmed if skarm gets way to many free entries on tang, chansey and exca which you need to aggresively double switch to mence, and nihi to force it out.

DD mence: A tough MU and you have to trade usually one mon to chip it down into espeed range such as using helmet and wearing it down or poisoning it and stalling turns.

BD azu: it can often 6-0 if it sets up on a pokemon that i switch out such as exca or nihi predicting CB aqua jet and it can be very hard to deal with but usually making it hit helmet a couple times will do the trick and espeeding it to finish it off or hurricane from mence can kill it

RE:The role logic (pokepast.es)

MAIN CONCEPT... Fatty offensive mon's bulky offense. This team has sky-high offensive pressure and decent defensive strength by cutting passive mons and frail mons as much as we can. This team is a bit slow but 2 priority user can make up for slowness of this team.

Salamence...Great wallbreaker. These three attacks combination cannot stop except chansey. Modest can OHKO non-bulk investment aegislash and nearly 2HKOes nihilego. This mon can switch in easily due to its physical bulk investment.

Reuniclus...Scout specs prim and counter for venusaur. this spread OHKOes venusaur except min damage.

Excadrill...Hazard remover. AV boosts its bulk without much investment and offer the better mu with aegislash, salamence, and hydreigon. I wanted stealth rock but normal exca set cannot get the many chances to spin and this team hates hazards very much, so I had to give up stealth rock.

Conkeldurr... I can't understand why most players use fast conk. Bulk investment for faster pokemon. Its main role is soft check of mamoswine and break defensive cores. this team has no scarfer so mach punch is a very important thing.

Zarude...Normal zarude. The fastest mon in this team. Provides pivot move and useful typing.

Aegislash...I wanted one more priority user which isn't frail. The main reason to run band is that boosting shadow sneak is important for this team. Banded shadow sneak is broken. Please make shadow sneak special move.

Bad mu:

Goltres... Hardest mu. exca's chip damage plus mach punch is the best way to deal with.
Azumarill... Read is all. do not let azu land safely. All mons can hit azu hard.
Stall... Future sight plus aegis or conk. Treat conk and aegis carefully.

Charizard sun

https://pokepast.es/3587bffc8e9b8c5a

Hey there. I used a Zard sun team to get to 1500s and I built the team around it. I love its nuking power in the sun which allows Venusaur to clean up late game and has only chansey and nihilgeo (if no sands) as a switch in. I have 3 fire moves on zard - overheat for ohkoing Hydreigon and Mandibuzz all the time though fire blast kills hydrei after rocks in the sun. Fire Blast 2hkoes Chansey most of the time in the sun and weatherball is the most spammable move 2hkoing the entire tier and does 44-52 to Chansey on the switch. Torkoal is the sun setter and also sets up rocks, spins hazards and burns physical attackers. Darmanitan is a source of speed control with a choice scarf and hits pretty hard in the sun with flare blitz. Rock slide and Earthquake provide additional coverage and u-turn allows it to pivot. Trick is an option to cripple fat. Hatterene is a source of magic bounce to keep rocks off and healing wish for Darm and Venu to clean up late game and also checks Hydreigon in a pinch. Venusaur is a sweeper cum cleaner of the team and in general the win-condition for sun. Sludge Bomb, Weatherball and Giga Drain cover a good chunk of the tier and with growth its able to break through amoongus and celesteela in the sun. Excadrill is in the last spot. Its a electric immunity, steel type and 2nd spinner in one slot. Ive gone for a bulkier spread with hp and spdef to check Nihilgeo better. The ev spread is to live a +2 shadow ball from timid Polteageist from after rocks.

Here are the replays I have

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1543037625-38lq452d1jlxtuwhdhdbam2lu9exc2ipw - Proof of Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1543033384-u2amwimp7o5g2lhwpvc9rerga8xf1rkpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1543032223-ooo2020306jz6m0mvuo2mjouf2j2dy4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1543029437-yyvawwlxgsmcizwfy9xo4u4agx6fff2pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1532645753-wsvsi749o6vl3q2gtgc12hjicna6z0bpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501639923-mu48gc4zcmk9rc2k50rggcon8adkriwpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501637714-u2uiozsvmrjjtkmssv24pbn9rvzjpl7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1505452214-1yletm646eb2wbdlse3bi5fc6tavltdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1485890362-9528q69ikt44nlyqqqo4hl8vesl5no1pw

Yes, this squad will have struggles vs Dusk Lycanroc and to an extent Nihligeo, Zydog and Salazzle. Chansey can somewhat be annoying too. But overall its still a fun sun squad to use with all the fire nuking power of Charizard and Darmanitan despite their limited longevity.

Last edited:
Recently, I have been feeling unmotivated towards teambuilding, so to help with this, I gave myself a challenge last week to build a team around a randomly-chosen UU Pokemon each week. I'm happy to say that I was able to complete the challenge, and I'm going to share the teams I made here for anyone who would like to use them. Click on the teams for the pastes of each one. Notes on each aren't going to be super-in depth, but just a little bit about each one. Enjoy!

Day 1: Amoonguss

This team is definitely one of my favourites because I got to use 3 non-standard sets on Pokemon rather than a more boring team. The first one is Stun Spore Amoonguss, which is great for allowing Amoong to cripple stuff even after something has been slept already. The second is Substitute + Bulk Up Zarude. This set is a cool way to allow Zarude to beat Chansey and act as a wincon, since Zarude can reach 404HP and not have its Substitutes broken by Seismic Toss. Finally, my favourite one, is Hypnosis Crobat. I'll go into this more in a Creative Sets post, but basically Crobat can make great use of Hypnosis thanks to its incredible speed and good bulk, and since Rotom is handling hazard removal for this team. This one is a lot of fun and I definitely recommend giving it a go.

Day 2: Krookodile

Krook is a tough mon to build with right now, but this team is actually the best-performing one out of all of the ones I made for this challenge. The sturcture is nothing special, just a Fire/Water/Grass core, but I was happy that I was able to make a very consistent team with a mon that's been looked down on a lot lately.

Day 3: Venusaur

Another fun one here. When Venusaur got picked I knew I didn't wanna go with the easy choice and just fit it on a sun team, and having used utility Venusaur before, I was happy to get a chance to do so again. Venu's defining trait as a Grass/Poison that diffferentiates it from Amoonguss is its access to Knock Off, which is incredible on any Pokemon. Venu's bulk isn't bad, and it's much speedier than the mushroom, so it gets a fair few opportunities in each game. This team performed rather well, and I'd def recommend trying this one too.

Day 4: Crawdaunt

This one was unfortunately not fun at all. I tried many different builds that were not Trick Room to make Crawdaunt work, but it's really poorly suited to the current metagame for a number of reasons: it has a lot of very common checks, can come up short on KOs, is very slow, provides next to no defensive utility, etc. Additionally, the final team ended up just being IP's old Trick Room sample with a Crawdaunt slapped on instead of Moltres-Galar. Definitely not happy about this one (although the team is not bad by any means - just uninspired).

Day 5: Swampert

Back to the fun teams with this one! After getting Swampert, I again didn't wanna go with the boring old standard set, so I went with a Choice Band set. This thing actually hits really hard, and has Flip Turn to keep up momentum - I'm surprised I haven't seen more of it! Besides that this is a more offensive hzard-stacking team also featuring Lycanroc-Dusk and Nasty Plot Hydreigon, two lesser-seen offensive Pokemon in the current meta, but still very potent. Another team I recommend trying!

Day 6: Jirachi

This one pains me. Jirachi is my 2nd-favourite Pokemon, but it has so many roadblocks in the current meta. Like with Crawdaunt, I tried a ton of different builds with this thing, but it's either not very good at a lot of the roles it wants to do right now or is outclassed in performing them. Ended up putting it on a stall team alongside Salamence for the classic Steel + Dragon pairing, but the team is definitely not the best stall you could use. Saddened and disappointed with this one.

Day 7: Hatterene

The final one! This one took a lot of tries to get right, but I'm happy with how the end product performs. This is a fast-paced offensive team. It trades a lot with the other team, but also has decent bulk and lots of pivoting ability to get its threats in consistently. Hatt here serves to beat Skarmory and, if not beat, heavily damage special attackers like Hydreigon, Azelf, and Thundurus-Therian for its other teammates to clean up later. It uses very standard sets, but still requires some finesse to play well, so I think it's a good choice for people looking to get a little better at the tier to use.

That's all! This was a great experience for me and definitely aided my motivation in teambuilding - I'd recommend others to give it a try if you are feeling unmotivated or bored in the builder! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy using these teams!

Post GMoltres HO Squad

:azumarill: :scizor: :salamence: :azelf: :darmanitan: :keldeo:

Screenshot from 2022-05-29 16-12-10.png

In my observation, the dominant playstyle in high ladder UU is bulky offense, typically supported by fat cores of Pokemon like Slowking, Amoonguss, and Hippowdon. Many people have derided HO as mediocre due to GMoltres's ban and the unavailability of Light Clay. I do not agree with this assessment. Even in a post GMoltres meta, I want to prove that HO is not dead; it is alive and flourishing. This team is highly customizable, and the given sets can be modified greatly to suit meta trends or your personal preferences. This also can be of use in tournaments to make your opponent unsure of what version of the team they are facing. What is dangerous about this team is that, apart from the suicide lead, every member of this team can be used as a win condition. The two water types are good at wallbreaking for each other. I have gotten reqs for 2 suspect tests and reached top 20 on the ladder with this team (or variations of it). At the very least you can try to use this team for quick Aegislash reqs.

In particular, I noticed that UULT players in particular predominatly prefer balance/bulky offense, and by making this team public, I hope I can spice up the UULT playoffs :). I've pretty much only encoutnered BO above 1500 during my UULT run, and I was often the only HO player. The average game length is under 20 turns. I think it will be a nice change of pace, and I think this team, with a few improvements and modifications, may really throw some opponents off guard. I find that with good play, the powerful breakers on this team are good at blowing through the defensive cores found on typical BO teams. Sometimes you may need to make a few predictions or double switch to put yourself in an advantageous position, but all teams require skill to pilot. Certainly the skilled players of UULT should be able to perform better than me with this team.

However, there is still more work to do. This team is still flawed, and admit I'm not the most knowledgable teambuilder. In particular, the lack on an electric immunity hurts. I have considered running something like Zygarde-10>Keldeo to patch this, but this comes at a huge cost to the Hippowdon matchup. The Scizor set can probably also be further optimized. There are better UU teambuilders, and hopefully they can find improvements. If any play in UULT and use an improved variant of this team, I would like to know. This team is your project too, if you wish to join.

:azumarill:Belly Drum Azumarill is one of the most terrifying Pokemon in the tier, and should be a staple on every physical HO team. The set is fairly standard, with Jet/Knock/Play netting a OHKO on nearly the entire tier at +6. Azumarill can be used as both an early game wallbreaker to bust through annoyances like Tangrowth and Amoonguss as well as a late game cleaner. If the enemy team lacks a Zarude or Rotom-W, Azumarill is exceptionally deadly. If those checks are present, you should generally refrain from drumming and instead try to catch them on the switch with a Play Rough. However, if the opponent also has a bulky grass in addition to Zarude/Rotom-W, you may consider drumming anyway, since they are more likely to switch to their bulky grass (Amoonguss/Tangrowth) first. Then you can demolish their bulky grass and open the door for Keldeo.

:scizor:Scizor is the 2nd member of the team's primary offensive core. Running U-Turn and SD on the same set may seem very strange, but I've found that I often use Scizor for pivoting early game, U-Turning against things like Tangrowth and Slowking, and SD+BP is useful for cleaning late game. Roost enables Scizor to maintain longevity throughout the match. The given EVs are not set in stone; you can run more speed or more defense depending on your own preferences (136 speed EVs to outrun Azumarill is one option). Running Knock Off over either U-turn or Roost is also a viable option (If you do run Knock, I would run 216 speed EVs to outspeed Aegislash).

:salamence:Dragon Dance Salamence rounds out the Fairy/Steel/Dragon core. This is a hot take, but I prefer Intimidate>Moxie on even DD Mence, since the extra bulk is useful in helping Mence set up more safely and check things like Zarude, even if it is just once per game. In any case I find that Moxie can be overkill at times; when you really start snowballing with it you've usually won the game anyway. Nonetheless, there is merit to Moxie for helping blow past things like bulky Scizor, so it remains a viable option. The moveset can also be tailored somewhat to your personal preferences, such as running Dual Wingbeat over Fire Blast/EQ, but I find that the given moveset is the most consistent (EQ is great in an Aegislash meta). In any case I really hate missing Dual Wingbeat. Fire Blast is very useful against Scizor, Celesteela, and Skarmory.

:azelf:Focus Sash Azelf is my go-to suicide lead in most situations. Only Stealth Rock and Explosion are fixed; feel free to tailor the other two remaining slots to your team's needs. Flamethrower nails Scizor, Aegislash, and bulky grasses; Energy Ball destroys Swampert leads and chunks Slowking, while Shadow Ball allows Azelf to beat Hatterene. You can even run Knock Off or U-turn if you wish. EVs spreads can also be highly fluid; feel free to tailor them to hit benchmarks you need. Taunt is also an option to deny opposing hazards and/or Defog but I find that it's rarely used and too telegraphed. If they are going to Defog just boom. This will severely damage or even kill their defogger and make sure hazards stay up.

:darmanitan:Choice Scarf Darmanitan is this team's speed control, revenging threats like Celesteela at +2, Thundurus-T, DD Gyarados, and Modest Scarf Hydriegon. U-turn wears down checks like Rotom forms while also grabbing momentum. Rock Slide is a coverage option that can catch Salamence and Moltres off guard should they attempt to switch in. Darm's scarf combined with the sheer power of Flare Blitz is also excellent for cleaning up late game. I haven't tried it but you can also experiment with LO/Band which will ease prediction and completely destroy Moltres and Slowking switch-ins. If you do drop scarf on Darm, consider running Scarf Moxie Mence instead of DD Mence.

:keldeo:Sub CM Keldeo is the last member of this team. This slot is kind of flexible, and I've tried some other mons in the 6th slot, experimenting with things like Conkeldurr, Zarude, and DD Zygarde-10. Zygarde-10 provides an electric immunity which eases pressure from opposing Thundurus-T, as well as priority Espeed to finish a Venusaur weakend by Scizor's BP. However, I've found that Keldeo considerablly improves the Hippowdon matchup. With a bit of prediction, the Sub CM set really puts in work against Aegislash, especially Sub-Toxic Variants. If you prefer, you can run CM+3 attacks and possibly experiment with different item choices. If the Sun matchup is really giving you grief, you can opt for a Rindo Berry and run Air Slash>Sub. Rindo+Air Slash should also help against bulky grasses (Tang, Amoon) in general.

The most serious threat to this team is Sun, which often has Hatterene to deny hazards and Chlorophyll Venusaur to blow through most members of this team, especially after a Growth. The key to playing against Sun is to keep your Mence healthy for their Venusaur and never ever let them get a boost. In emergency situations Scizor may be able to finish a chipped Venusaur with BP but that is not something to rely on. I often just lead Darm against Sun (they usually just lead Torkoal) and try to blow through as much of their team as possible by using their own Sun against them. Try to bluff a pivot Azelf set and get up hazards when they don't expect it! Damage to Torkoal is always good and if you kill Torkoal the match is often won. The matchup is hard but doable!

Replays: I did not save any but I can provide replays within a few days.

One final note is that I encourage you to modify and experiment with this team at your lesiure. My time is limited, and I have not explored all the possible variations this team could offer. If you do use this team, I highly reccomend you innovate. I'm sure you can improve the team. HO is not yet lost!

Let me preface this by saying this team is like hella outdated and isn't very optimal anymore, I've had this in my builder since UU masters where I would've brought it but lost to KM in 2 so I didn't have the chance to show it off. Still, it's a cool team I made and I'd like to store it here if anything so even when I remove it I can theoretically come back to it. I took inspiration from a team by Lily where she had Mienshao + Specs Prim (zydog later replaced shao) and was super cool to use and see in action. I chose Specs Aegislash since it was a rare yet super scary wallbreaker to use, as Ghost is a broken offensive typing and the surprise factor was also useful. Zydog came in as speed control, volt immunity, and physical wallbreaker that enjoyed spikes greatly for slowking. SkarmChansey was the unbreakable core that also covered entry hazards, while Tangrowth was the zydog switch-in and provided Knock Support. Chansey on Spikes with no removal is weird but it’s been fine from when I used it, mainly because skarm was underrated at the time. You can put Defog on Skarm as an option though. Ditto closed out the team as insurance against hyper offense. I had my successes back in the day, don't have any replays to show for it though. Now, I'm laying this team to rest, mainly prompted by the Aegislash ban. However, I hope that this team will at least give some building inspiration for whoever reads this.

EDIT: adding another old team rather than making a whole new post. I gave this idea to Moute who used it in UUPL and other tours, it's done well. A relatively simple team structure, Hippo + Skarm make a key hazard stacking core + defensive backbone that walls 90% of the tier. Jellicent was experimented with at the time and I liked it for its defensive stallbreaking and MU into Keldeo and defensive Celesteela. Zarude was an additional pivot who didn't mind Spikes while also having the benefit of being the status absorber vs Slowking. Hatterene is the team's win condition, as once it gets going it can be very hard to stop with Calm Mind. It also denies hazards since no removal. Lastly, Diggersby is Speed control and Knock Off to remove boots to let the hazards do their work. It's worked well from time to time, though it's 6-0d by Autotomize Celesteela so be careful, but regardless I've enjoyed using it and don't mind posting it for others to use since I don't plan on using it for any tours. The paste is down below.

Last edited:
Dumping some teams that I've been using on ladder successfully because this thread should be more active

I chose Hatterene because it's been great since the Aegi ban, being able to block hazards effectively and sit on Skarmory. Azelf lures in darks like Mandibuzz in for Hatt to set up on, and Cobalion provides rocks and a much-needed knock absorber. Moltres helps pressure steels and is an additional Scizor check. AV Tangrowth glues the team together, checking opposing Prim and Thundurus. Scarf Rotom-W is for more speed control and removal.

I also built around 3 attacks Sub Primarina. I added Salamence to beat the Grass-types that Prim struggles with, specifically opposing AV Tangs. Cobalion acts as a Scizor check with SD and compresses rocks. Tangrowth checks Zydog, and Raikou pressures Celesteela and provides speed control. Excadrill adds hazard removal and a volt immunity, and with rocks on Coba, it can run Toxic to cripple AV Tang and Slowking for Prim.

I have a lot of teams sitting around so I figured I'd dump them here.

Calm Mind Necrozma Bulky Offense
:necrozma: :hippowdon::hydreigon: :cobalion: :primarina: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/62ba14da1cf0e20e

Lycanroc Bulky Offense
:lycanroc-dusk: :hippowdon::hydreigon: :thundurus-therian: :celesteela: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/9f023e2e579baf3a

Nasty Plot Togekiss Bulky Offense
:togekiss: :nidoqueen: :rotom-wash: :hydreigon: :cobalion: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/0edcff6f38797040

Tox-Taunt Chandelure Bulky Offense
:chandelure: :hippowdon: :rotom-wash: :noivern: :cobalion: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/f1029623b514c922

Keldeo + Scizor Bulky Offense
:keldeo: :scizor: :nidoqueen::salamence: :azelf: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/080c35265dfeea8e

Reunilcus Bulky Offense
:Reuniclus: :Hippowdon: :Hydreigon: :Cobalion: :Primarina: :Amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/78cf996eea88718d

Mamoswine Spikes Stack
:mamoswine: :nihilego: :skarmory: :dhelmise: :noivern: :primarina:
https://pokepast.es/d13adf7a8a6316f4

Golurk Bulky Offense
:golurk: :cobalion: :rotom-wash: :hydreigon: :togekiss: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/be514f58c0819953

Hydreigon + Slowking Balance
:hydreigon: :slowking: :hippowdon: :salamence: :scizor: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/82bd6fa14bd52d49

Specs Primarina Bulky Offense
:primarina: :nihilego: :excadrill: :hydreigon: :scizor: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/640636523edec1a1

Sub Dragon Dance Gyarados Bulky Offense
:gyarados: :krookodile: :dhelmise: :hydreigon: :rotom-wash: :celesteela:
https://pokepast.es/b3d9a81fa940139a

I realize now that I use AV tangrowth too much, but I hope you enjoy these teams if you decide to use them.
After adding the new teams, I realize I also have a chronic addiction to scarf hydreigon.

Last edited:
:ss/vanilluxe: :ss/arctovish: :ss/excadrill: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/hydreigon:

Taking this team from last week's cold storage, I have struck another demonstration of the power of "ice cream go BRRRRR." Vanilluxe + Fishious rend (the other one) is a criminally underrexplored yet devastating core in UU and RU alike, mirroring the Kyurem + Dracovish core that was so terrifying while it was legal in OU. Vanilluxe has no switchins in the tier besides the meh chansey and the tier lacks sturdy water resists that don't crumple to arctovish's coverage. Excadrill is a specially defensive pivot and a check to stuff like nihilego, jirachi, chansey, etc., while also providing the crucial stealth rock + rapid spin combo. Previous variations of the team used only one move (which is what I usually recommend to reduce overloading supports) but over the course of testing it became clear that excadrill would more often than not have the ability to fulfill both functions with little hindrance, freeing up a teamslot. Amoonguss and rotom form the ever reliable defensive core, amoonguss checking 2/3s of the tier and rotom checking another quarter, each being incredibly difficult to switch into due to coverage and status while providing pivot support to the team's offensive apparatus through sleep and volt switch. Scarf hydreigon wraps the team up with speed control and the ability to roast cobalion, zygarde, etc. at lead, while carrying mild defensive utility vs many psychic and water types.

I've gotten to 1560 with the team so far, it has been incredibly consistent overall. Unfortunately I have not been as diligent as usual about saving replays, although hopefully the team shouldn't be too difficult to pilot.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.58.17 PM.png

Feel free to pm me for questions. Have fun :)

Last edited:
1663287196175.png

:ss/tornadus: :ss/swampert: :ss/hatterene: :ss/jirachi: :ss/sirfetch :ss/amoonguss:

I wanted to build a Torn team because Flying is a really hard type to switch into in current UU and I almost never build with Torn. It was fun! The Torn was originally a Choice Specs version but I appreciated being able to switch moves if needed. Originally, I had Grass Knot on the set for Hippo, but Hurricane hits it hard enough, and I needed some way to deal with Meteor Beam Celesteela, so I slotted on Tailwind to make use of Prankster. Swampert was the next addition to deter Volt Switch spam which Torn obviously opens the team up to. I made it max physical bulk for all the ladder Darms out there (please stop using it). Pert is also the Rocker for the team and pressures hazard removers with its STABs and Toxic while generating momentum with Flip Turn. Hatt was next to keep rocks off my side as much as possible and to really take advantage of Skarmory while giving another win condition and potential to beat special attackers after a few boosts. The team was looking pretty soft against Nihilego at this point and needed some Speed control so I picked Choice Scarf Jirachi for the next member. It's been looked down on a lot lately but brings some great traits here, mostly keeping the Rock-types in check but also Tricking passive mons like Chansey and proving Healing Wish support to give the more offensive members a second chance to do some damage. Sirfetch'd was chosen to break through Chansey and threaten Azelf with First Impression since the team is otherwise vulnerable to it outside of Iron Head flinches with Rachi. Also gives you an out to Chlorophyll-boosted Venusaur, and acts as a secondary Hydreigon check. Finally, Amoong is the obligatory check to U-Turn spam, Primarina, and Keldeo, and can put Thundy to sleep in a pinch to allow the other members to take it out. Don't ask about the EVs IDK what they do LOL. Enjoy!

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1665342151-rvy7qm9cl7wtsf8a53gm08wp9tjh5cppw

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/f5b0defa4ed1324e

:roserade: :cobalion: :hippowdon: :hydreigon: :slowking: :Thundurus-therian:

This team is mainly built around roserade and phys def hippo. roserade provides spikes for the team which pokemon such as thundy-t, SD coba, and scarf drei, it gets many opportunities to throw down spikes against tang, amoonguss, mandibuzz, skarmory, rotom-wash, slowking, and pert and using those spikes it can allow the team to pressure them later on.

Phys def hippo with sand force allows the team to have a better zydog MU and allows roserade to have reliably healing in synthesis which with sand stream would be limited. It spreads toxic and hazards to wear the opposing team down further and especially if it lands toxic on pokemon such as tang, slowking, and opposing hippo as this allows SD coba to go to town. Boots make sure that hippo is still a stable counter to deal with opposing hazard stack physical mons such as zydog, SD coba, most of CB lycan-d moves besides CC, and maybe some more.

Coba is here to deal with the zarude, scizor, jirachi, phys def tang (lacking SE hits), and can take on meteor beam nihi which is a pain for this team. It is able to force a ton of progress against teams relying on stuff such as tang, skarm, hippo to take the hits as with spikes, toxic, and hazards it can just overwhelm them and especially with a justified boost which is not the hardest thing to achieve consideirng how much knock off is spammed.

Thundy-t forms a volt turn core with hydreigon as everything hydreigon fails to beat such as togekiss, prim, azu, celesteela,mandi, etc thundy-t can help it by forcing them out by volt switching on them or theatening a knock. Thundy-t also pairs extreemly well with cobalion as awnsers such as av tang, amoonguss, zarude, and chansey as it can nuke them by using them as setup fother. It also loves abusing spikes as most of the awnsers are grounded and take so much chip as a result

Scarf drei is speed control and its used over diggersby since it outspeeds +2 steela and can nuke it with fire blast which otherwise this team gets abused by a lot. Mentioned before but it abuses spikes since most of its awnsers take damage from it which allows it to clean late game.

Calm slowking is the wall of this team and helps to deal with moltres, nidoqueen, keldeo, and azelf which calm is used for to tank energy ball better. Slowking is able to pivot in coba or rose in a lot since pokemon such as tang, bulu, mandibuzz, CM prim, NP azelf, and daunt want to switch into it and it can pivot out to those pokemon. Boots slowking allows it to be able to sustain itself muhc better in hazard vs hazard wars esp when everything is littered with spikes and it will take so much damage over the course of a match

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1671550926
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1670656648
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1671542195-vwcioc7vpwwndmcof0u6np65s2vn803pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1670741819-g5qxwvbw34z9ul0cnluzy7umy5k43lapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1669895112-bndp88bf0f96k3lducx7osfd7c7rsl5pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1674235242

Last edited:

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
wanted to share some fun stuff I've made recently with the generation coming to a close and all

:Doublade: :Crobat: :Diggersby: :Tangrowth: :Cobalion: :Tentacruel:

https://pokepast.es/c4cf3becacdf0802
The rise of cobalion after aegi was banned made me want to try to find new mons that could take advantage of it, or at least keep it at bay somewhat, and what better place to start than doublade? This team admittedly only pretends to have answers to some top threats in the metagame, like diggersby, scizor, tangrowth....... probably more but I promise doublade actually has quite promising offensive and defensive utility, and I hope that if you give this team or another one that features it a whirl, you'll come to the same conclusion.

:Hippowdon: :Excadrill: :Skarmory: :Rotom-Wash: :Nihilego: :Tangrowth:

https://pokepast.es/505b096e0a7adf09
Having excadrill and hippo in our tier just makes sand look so tempting to try. This team is pretty much what I imagine would be the prototypical sand if sand was actually a top play style in uu. One of my friends actually described this team as "too cute for it's own good" after I lost with it in swiss. I think that friend might have a point but at the same time it's fun to use cute teams and there is no better place to put a team of that description in than the team bazaar, so here you go.

:Vanilluxe: :Keldeo: :Nihilego: :Moltres: :Slowking: :Excadrill:

https://pokepast.es/be8d3b4aa5f50fac
So I know what you're thinking. "Isn't this just a pretty normal ice cream team except you gave three of the mons uncommon (bad) sets?" No lol lefties flip turn toxic keldeo is elite trust
(credit to an udongirl team for introducing me to it)

Hello this tier is bad and I'm done playing it with boots around plus Gyara, Celes so ima just drop the teams I built in my 4 weeks of playing it, maybe some of you will find them useful even though theyre bad (I wont share the HO I been using, theres enough cancer running around)

the 2 alts I played on mostly:
double peak.png

basic bo.png

One of the first teams I built in this tier, most of it is very basic and I'm sure all of you have some variation of this in your builders. I use scarf Mamo over Diggers cause of surprise factor and shard being amazing vs all the shit HO running around. Encore Prim helps to some degree vs bulky setup plus you can at least force momentum vs chansey somewhat. I use Iron Head Coba cause all of my builds are weak to Nihi somehow. You can use Knock on Nihileg here if you want to pressure Chans more, but be aware Mamo is a bitch to face.

alt version.png

Alternative version of the first build that I havent really tested a lot, but looks okay on paper.

cm hat.png

Now this build I seen somebody else use on ladder and I dont know who built it first, but the sets are pretty telegraphed anyways, so I'll just share it. Dual Helmet users to chip away at opposing zor, plus mamo to pressure steels further to enable a CM Hat sweep in the end. This team creates a lot of opportunities for Mamo to hit with Voltturn and CM hat just straight wins quite a few games. I have the "bad" Coba set here cause I dont lose to Gyara (clueless) and have dual helmet already but use whatever on it honestly.

Hopefully next gen will be better, see you guys then :)

Last edited:

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Hello this tier is bad and I'm done playing it with boots around plus Gyara, Celes so ima just drop the teams I built in my 4 weeks of playing it, maybe some of you will find them useful even though theyre bad (I wont share the HO I been using, theres enough cancer running around)

the 2 alts I played on mostly:
View attachment 460181

View attachment 460182
One of the first teams I built in this tier, most of it is very basic and I'm sure all of you have some variation of this in your builders. I use scarf Mamo over Diggers cause of surprise factor and shard being amazing vs all the shit HO running around. Encore Prim helps to some degree vs bulky setup plus you can at least force momentum vs chansey somewhat. I use Iron Head Coba cause all of my builds are weak to Nihi somehow. You can use Knock on Nihileg here if you want to pressure Chans more, but be aware Mamo is a bitch to face.

View attachment 460184
Alternative version of the first build that I havent really tested a lot, but looks okay on paper.

View attachment 460185
Now this build I seen somebody else use on ladder and I dont know who built it first, but the sets are pretty telegraphed anyways, so I'll just share it. Dual Helmet users to chip away at opposing zor, plus mamo to pressure steels further to enable a CM Hat sweep in the end. This team creates a lot of opportunities for Mamo to hit with Voltturn and CM hat just straight wins quite a few games. I have the "bad" Coba set here cause I dont lose to Gyara (clueless) and have dual helmet already but use whatever on it honestly.

Hopefully next gen will be better, see you guys then :)
is the mence on the first team supposed to be impish? or is it meant to be bold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)