All Gens New teambuilder update

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Among all my other updates to the teambuilder recently, the teambuilder should now work perfectly in past gens.

This includes tier lists, learnsets, item lists (including gen 2 items), gen 1-2 EVs/DVs, types/stats in the pokemon list, types/categories/BP/accuracy/PP/descriptions in the moves list, descriptions in the items list, etc.

I think this is most of what's left for past gens. Does anyone have remaining requests?

When you hover over a rotom form in gen 4 it says its gen 5/6 typing. If the hover field could be changed to ghost/electric for all the rotom forms that would be nice.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
When you hover over a rotom form in gen 4 it says its gen 5/6 typing. If the hover field could be changed to ghost/electric for all the rotom forms that would be nice.
Whoopsie, I forgot I'm still working on in-battle hover stuff. Rest assured that's coming next. That said, the teambuilder should be done right now.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Will there be any issues with the new gen 1-2 DVs/EVs and imports from the past? I have imports that have 252 EVs in every stat and I have ones that don't have any. Does the stat exp get maxed out by deafault in those cases?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Will there be any issues with the new gen 1-2 DVs/EVs and imports from the past? I have imports that have 252 EVs in every stat and I have ones that don't have any. Does the stat exp get maxed out by deafault in those cases?
EVs: Both will import exactly the same way. Try it.

(To be exact, they have slightly different internal representations - if you change the team's gen to 3 or higher, the 252's will stay 252's and the blanks will stay blank - but if the teambuilder is in gen 1-2 mode, you won't be able to tell any difference at all except in export mode)

DVs: The export format for DVs has not changed.

Apart from what i told you about the tier listing in RBY, maybe you could make the sprites look like the gen that they are.

Something like this:

This has already been done...

It would be very useful for past gen OMs if they were treated as their respective gen in the teambuilder. Right now a gen 1 mod would be treated the same as a gen 6 mod in the teambuilder

There are also some small nitpicks to be had with how some moves are classified in old gens (or at least gen 1, I haven't checked others). For example Stun Spore is listed as 'usually useless' for Exeggutor (same with Wrap Dragonite, Clamp Cloyster, Self-Destruct Snorlax, likely numerous others).

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How on earth do I get my hidden power to be the appropriate type in the new teambuilder? all my Zapdoses are getting dark'd

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
All tooltips are now accurate for past gens.

How on earth do I get my hidden power to be the appropriate type in the new teambuilder? all my Zapdoses are getting dark'd
This should be fixed now.

It would be very useful for past gen OMs if they were treated as their respective gen in the teambuilder. Right now a gen 1 mod would be treated the same as a gen 6 mod in the teambuilder
They are. Make sure your gen 1 mod's name starts with "[gen 1]".

There are also some small nitpicks to be had with how some moves are classified in old gens (or at least gen 1, I haven't checked others). For example Stun Spore is listed as 'usually useless' for Exeggutor (same with Wrap Dragonite, Clamp Cloyster, Self-Destruct Snorlax, likely numerous others).
Fixed.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's currently too many degrees of freedom in the GSC DVs. The HP DV should not be independently controllable; its value should be dependent on your other DVs. In particular, you get +8 if your Attack DV is odd; +4 if your Defense DV is odd; +2 for Speed; and +1 for Special (might have mixed up speed and special there). So if you use, for example, Hidden Power Water, your HP DV cannot be any higher than 7 because your Attack DV needs to be even (14).

Sorry if this isn't completely related, but for RBY, the sim has Tauros's base Special as 40, when it's actually 70, according to both Bulbapedia and the analysis.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I think the destriptions need to be fixed for some move in past gens that have a different effect then in gen 6.

Example Gen 5 Defog:

Gen 5 Defog.PNG

There are probably other moves as well that need to be fixed.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I think the destriptions need to be fixed for some move in past gens that have a different effect then in gen 6.

Example Gen 5 Defog:

View attachment 55349

There are probably other moves as well that need to be fixed.
What are you talking about? That's how Defog works in gen 5.

We already use different descriptions in past gens.

Compare:

Gen 5: "Removes target's hazards, lowers evasion by 1."
Gen 6: "Removes hazards from field. Lowers foe's evasion."

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ugmm in case I really forgot Defog did not remove any hazards in Gen 5 and would just lower foe's evasion? Rapid Spin was the only for of hazard removal before Gen 6 or is my whole life a lie?

tehy

Banned deucer.
Ugmm in case I really forgot Defog did not remove any hazards in Gen 5 and would just lower foe's evasion? Rapid Spin was the only for of hazard removal be for Gen 6 or is my whole life a lie?
defog removed any hazards you laid down (since they're with your 'target', a concept tough to wrap your head around but the wording does say so. though i guess it could be changed to make extra explicit for new players, because that's a really wack change if you didn't know about it)

edit: well basically:

if you use stealth rock yourself, it's on the opponent's side of the field. when you use defog on your opponent, it clears all the stuff around your opponent, including those rocks (or spikes, etc)

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
defog removed any hazards you laid down (since they're with your 'target', a concept tough to wrap your head around but the wording does say so. though i guess it could be changed to make extra explicit for new players, because that's a really wack change if you didn't know about it)
I actually had no idea about that, but wouldn't target implies the opponent? Shouldn't it be replaced by user or something?

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I also can't get any Hidden Power that's not Dark on PS. No idea why. I was supposed to have HP Ice Zapdos and HP Electric Cloyster, first game, Zapdos was HP Dark while Cloyster correctly had HP Electric, the following three games I tried both Zapdos and Cloyster were HP Dark. Something is very weird @_@

Zarel

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I also can't get any Hidden Power that's not Dark on PS. No idea why. I was supposed to have HP Ice Zapdos and HP Electric Cloyster, first game, Zapdos was HP Dark while Cloyster correctly had HP Electric, the following three games I tried both Zapdos and Cloyster were HP Dark. Something is very weird @_@

Zarel
Is the team set for the wrong tier? You have to make sure you set the tier first before clicking "HP Dark" or else it'll set the IVs for the wrong gen...

Confirming that "HP Dark bug" was not affected at all in OU by last two server restarts.

however the most recent update seems to have solved the issue in gen 2 randbats alone

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I don't know where else to post this, but I really would prefer if we added back the gen 6 stills in the teambuilder instead of the sometimes low quality stills that are used now. Here is an example:
Before:

After:

I find it looks more appealing before, then after (especially with Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza). Can this please be brought back Zarel :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)