New here, a couple of questions

Hi,

I played a lot of competitive back in gen 4, on shoddy battle, and did read some stuff from smogon, but I never bothered to make an account. I played a little into gen 5 (on pokemon online) but didn't love the format so I started playing UU. I really enjoyed this, but about a year and a half ago, I lost interest in pokemon and haven't touched it since. Now with gen 6 out, I thought I'd get back into competitive pokemon, but I have a couple of questions first:

I see that there is a new simulator called Pokemon Showdown. Obviously this is supported by smogon so I'm sure most of you use it, but I did really like PO, and I see there are still heaps of people using it. What are the pros and cons of each simulator?

Also, I would like to know how long it is before gen 6 gets sorted into proper tiers (even if they are rough at first) I still like UU so much more than OU, and at the moment it is just OU for Gen 6. I realise it takes a while to get accurate stats to make tiers but I'd just like a general timeframe of when these tiers will be implemented.

Thanks

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Hi,

I played a lot of competitive back in gen 4, on shoddy battle, and did read some stuff from smogon, but I never bothered to make an account. I played a little into gen 5 (on pokemon online) but didn't love the format so I started playing UU. I really enjoyed this, but about a year and a half ago, I lost interest in pokemon and haven't touched it since. Now with gen 6 out, I thought I'd get back into competitive pokemon, but I have a couple of questions first:

I see that there is a new simulator called Pokemon Showdown. Obviously this is supported by smogon so I'm sure most of you use it, but I did really like PO, and I see there are still heaps of people using it. What are the pros and cons of each simulator?

Also, I would like to know how long it is before gen 6 gets sorted into proper tiers (even if they are rough at first) I still like UU so much more than OU, and at the moment it is just OU for Gen 6. I realise it takes a while to get accurate stats to make tiers but I'd just like a general timeframe of when these tiers will be implemented.

Thanks
Goddamnit people why can't you just use the SQSA :/

Pokemon Showdown: Difficult one, as we do not use Pokemon online anymore. For the regular user, the obvious boon is not having to install anything. We cannot judge the UI properly, as it is probably a matter of taste. You should give it a try and see if you like it. For question about Pokemon Showdown you should visit its forum: Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition.

Tiering: A long time; the research is still on-going. If you can, you might help them with the Research, but we do not recommend any rush until you are a bit more familiar with the forum.
That is the XY Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!). If there is any more question about the metagame ans such things, ask it there.

Also, you should read the rules such as the OU FORUM RULES (Read before posting or you are held liable for your own infractions) - sound a bit threatening, but are ultimately useful in order to keep the forums clean and in order not to draw unhelpful and rude stuff like the last one; it also makes searching easier, in the case this thread does not get deleted.

Ok, I will do that in the future. Sorry for any rules I broke, and I'm happy for a mod to lock this topic if they want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)