Data New Approver Wanted (Application inside)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently, everyone has asked to become an approver. These same people have also pointed out flaws in the current system, and they are correct. Therefore, I'm now wanting a new approver. As an approver, your duties would be to approve (or not approve) various prizes and teams in both the registration and prizes. You approve a post if everything is correct, and you disapprove it if things are missing or incorrect. For payment, you have to keep track of how many approvals you have done, in each thread and of individual people, and you get an Approver Token (similar to a ref counter in that it can be applied anywhere). You get an AC once you have either approved/disapproved 5 Teams OR 10 Prize posts.

To be objective and fair, in order to become an approver, you must fill out an application and approve a test. The top five people on the test will conduct an interview of sorts with me to help me make my decision. If I can't decide after this, I will give the candidates a harder test and base my decision off of that. In order to apply, fill out the application, and point out every single problem in the test. Please don't make corrections over the test, just say what specifically is wrong with each pokemon. Also, on the test, assume pokemon are brand new and only get moves from level 25 and below(except for slowking; assume you can buy a slowking from the start, but it still has level 25 moves and under).

Name:
Time Zone:
Why you feel you are qualified:
Tell me a few things about yourself:

Slowking (Male)
Nature: Lonely (+1 Attack, -1 Special Defense)
Type: Water/Psychic

Abilities:
Ability 1: Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Ability 2: Regenerator: (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.
Ability 3: Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.

Stats:

HP: 100
ATK: Rank 4 (+)
DEF: Rank 3
SPA: Rank 4
SPD: Rank 3 (-)
SPE: 30

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Power Gem
Hidden Power
Curse
Yawn
Tackle
Growl
Water Gun
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt

Block
Belly Drum
Future Sight

Whirlpool
Teleport
Surf

Larvitar (M)

Nature: Hardy/Neutral
Type: Rock / Ground
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ground: Ground STAB; Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

MC: 5

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Attacks:
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away
Rock Slide
Scary Face

AncientPower
Stealth Rock
Iron Defense
Iron Tail
Pursuit

Dig
Toxic
Protect

Mudkip* [Swamp Thing] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+ * to Attack, - * from Special Attack)
Type: Water/Ground
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Torrent
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)

Ability 2 : Damp
Type: Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **** (+)
Def: **
SAtk: * (-)
SDef: **
Spd: 40

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun
Bide
Foresight
Mudsport
Takedown
Whilrpool
Protect

Avalanche
Gust
Yawn

Water Pulse
Rock Slide
Waterfall

Tangela [Messy] (F)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Regenerator (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Ingrain
Constrict
Sleep Powder
Absorb
Growth
PoisonPowder
Vine Whip
Bind

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Rage Powder

Hidden Power [Fire] (7)
Sunny Day
SolarBeam

Elekid (*), Faraday (M)
Nature: Naive
Type: Electric
Electric Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities
Motor Drive: This Pokemon nullifies any electrical attack damage and converts the energy from any electrical attack (inc. Thunder Wave) into an energy source that allows it to boost its speed by one (1) level. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 109

Attacks
Quick Attack (*)
Leer (*)
ThunderPunch (*)
ThunderShock (*)
Low Kick (*)
Shock Wave (*)
Light Screen (*)
Electro Ball (*)
Thunder (*)

Fire Punch (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Meditate (*)

Brick Break (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Thunder (*)

HINT: Use Bulbapedia/Veekun to help you check things

PM the application and test corrections when you are finished please, and make sure to double check your work; I AM trying to trick you, and if you aren't careful, you will fall for a few of them. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please post here in this thread or PM me on IRC. I will stop accepting applications in 72 hours. Good Luck!

Alright, so three days are up, and I've received about 15 tests. I won't post the answers to the test right now, as I want to re-use some of these tricks on the second test. However, I do have the scores. So, drum roll please...

Flamestrike: -1
Danmantincan: -1
GoldenKnight: -2
Zarator: -2
Rediamond: -2

Mewtwo15026: -3
Flora: -4
SevenDeadlySins: -4
Darkamber8828: -4
Destiny Warrior: -5
AlphaJolt: -6
Athenodoros: -6
Dogfish: -6
Limewire: -7
iiMKUltra: -9
Venser: -10
Nightmare Jigglypuff: -12
Galladiator: -14

Congrats Rediamond, Flamestrike, Danmantincan, GoldenKnight and Zarator! You all have gotten the top scores, and as such, will make it to the next "round." I will find you on IRC to interview you at some point. After this, you will all receive a second, harder test. The people who do the best on this test, as well as the impressions you leave with me with the interview, will help me make my decision.

To all of those who didn't make it, better luck next time. Some of you did extremely well, and only missed getting past the first round by a point or two. If you would like to know what exactly you got wrong, contact me on IRC.

Thanks for your participation everyone! I'll update this thread again when I've made my final decision.

After talking to Kaxtar, some of the stuff I missed was just lol. Congrats to those in the interviews and good luck!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After talking to Kaxtar, I'm kinda ashamed because the errors were something I'd never do if I were buying the Pokemon myself.

I call bs wax on a certain one of the errors, if you know what I mean

I guess you could, but you wouldn't get paid for it, of course. If you want to, I would ask you to PM the people who you find flaws with; otherwise, it would clog up the threads with wannabe approvers' posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)