New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW RU Edition

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Isn't that the standard CM set from the fourth gen? Just switch Sub & Sitrus berry for Rest & Chesto Berry

Pretty much all the Seeds I've seen had Gyro Ball. Yeah, good luck shuttin' it down.
Assuming for standard EV spreads, Ferroseed's Gyro Ball is doing 14.6-17.0% to his Samurott. So unless you consider 10HKOing an opponent not shut down, Taunt kinda shuts him down.

Bauhauss (Probopass) (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

It's great and especially loves those set up leads like venemoth and gorebyss. It functions most commonly in 2 ways. On set up leads it just uses Twave and SR while they the opponent sets up. Then spam Twave even if they are paralyzed (you don't wanna switch in onsomething boosted so high) they attack, you live w/ sturdy, they get phazed out w/ red card and you Twave w/e comes in. Since it's slower now you can pain split up and get your glorious health back. Or you see a standard lead, yall both set up hazards, you Twave on their switch (or via redcard) and Painsplit or Voltswitch. I do like voltswitch on this set as it allows Pass to hit something and take a hit (if it hasn't used Twave) from something that someone else wouldn't like while STILL getting in the switch that turn. Obviously ground and fighting hurts a lot :/ But this thing was able to live a sandslash's EQ and painsplit. I may take out the HP EV's for better painsplitting potential, but I'm not sure yet.

I would probably run something to break substitutes on Venomoth otherwise it will easily destroy that lead.

Assuming for standard EV spreads, Ferroseed's Gyro Ball is doing 14.6-17.0% to his Samurott. So unless you consider 10HKOing an opponent not shut down, Taunt kinda shuts him down.
This. Lets not forget that Gyro Ball has 8 PP, meaning that Samurott doesn't need any attacking moves to kill Ferroseed, let alone HP Fire. Honestly the turn after you Taunt you're better off trying to catch a switch with Hydro Pump. It's not like it's a costly mispredict if they decide to stay in and Gyro Ball for approximately LOL damage.

Well there's a lot of good sets here and I didn't wanna just take and not give so here's a little something:

Gallade "come at me bro" (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 240 HP / 20 Atk / 204 SDef / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Taunt

This is one of my favourite wall-breakers in the tier and it can quickly become unstoppable if given one chance. The EVs allow him to outspeed all walls including Cresselia, special bulk is invested enough to survive any unboosted special attack in the tier (including Choice Specs Yanmega's Air Slash). Bulk Up makes him physically bulky and strong, Drain Punch lets him last while Psycho Cut is an amazing secondary STAB to have and has great coverage. Some of you may be thinking "well Cresselia walls you hard", and some of you may already be foaming at the mouth at the possibilities Taunt provides.

Yes Taunt is the real star of the show and because you outspeed Cresselia, you can Taunt it into attacking you with its feeble Psychics or Ice Beams and proceed to get to +6 without any problems. This Gallade actually loves setting up on Cresselia because once it gets to +2 or +3 the enemy team basically has no chance. Every wall in the tier pretty much suffers the same fate: Tangela can't Leech Seed, Mandibuzz can't phaze you while its Brave Bird does less and less damage, Ferroseed sits there peeing its pants, and Dusknoir can't Burn you while its feeble attacks aren't touching you anytime soon.

Rhyperior is one tank that you don't want to risk Taunting so it could theoretically Roar you out but that doesn't exactly threaten you. If it attacks then you can BU and Drain Punch for your life back and you will only lose to a crit. The only notable exceptions are Alomomola and Blastoise simply because they have a 30% chance of Burning you; but that is not a good sign for your opponent if they must depend on a 30% chance to do something. Besides you can still keep Bulking Up even with a Burn and they can't do jack.

Counters to this set basically are all Pokemon that packs a really strong super effective physical attack; which there really aren't that many of. Honchkrow, Scyther... I honestly have not faced anything else that can cause it problems. Cofagrigus gets a mention for having moderately powerful Shadow Balls and Gallade can't Drain Punch it for health back so it can win 1 on 1 unless Psycho Cut crits. Gallade was one of my favourite Pokemon to use and this set is one of the most unstoppable sets I have ever used. Taunt doesn't even get mentioned in BU sets for Gallade which is surprising considering its utility and its immense wall-breaking power. I hope you have fun with this Gallade, it's got street cred and heaps of attitude.

Anti-lead Archeops
252atk/252 Spe/ 4HP?(I don't remember if i put them into HP or not, you want odd HP for SR obviously)
Dedeatist
Jolly @ Bug Gem (or flying if you want)
Taunt
U-turn
Rockslide/Stone Edge
Acrobatics

This (for the most part) will work as you anti-lead and can scout. Archeops is super fast so he can use taunt to stop in hazard leads or anything that wants to set up. Then you U-turn out with your bug gem boosted U-turn for switch advantage. And since you Taunted their SR you can come in later for free (hopefully) and hit them with you powerful acrobatics (since you lost your bug gem) It works great for me. I love this set.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In response to come at me bro the gallade i thought of a krookodile set that serves the same purpose, a stallbreaker.

Krookodile W/ leftovers @ intimidate
Adamant nature
evs: 216hp 120atck 172spdef
Substitute
Taunt
Bulk up
Crunch

this set is the best cress counter in the game, it utilizes a combination of substitute, taunt, and bulk up to completly break stall. The evs give it a lefties#, the ability to 2hko cress after one bulk up, and decent special bulk. The evs can be tailored to your needs. It does not need any speed because it already outspeeds all ru walls anyway. Substitute allows you to not be revenged as easily, as well as to scout for pokemon that may want to counter it. as well as protect against cress's ice beams. taunt allows you to stop any set up sweepers/status inducers trying to be an ass. while bulk up is for stat boosting. Crunch is your main attacking move, as it gets stab and has good neutral coverage. as i said this is the best cress counter i the game, and if played correctly counters stall in general.

In theory, wouldn't Drapion make a better Cress counter? He can still Taunt and retains a Psychic immunity, but he also is immune to Toxic and is only hit neutrally by Ice Beam. I've been playing around with something like this:

Drapion (M) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 32 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SDef / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake/Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Rock Slide

Fairly straightforward, but it serves it's purpose. The EVs allow to outpace + Natured base 90s down (Non-Scarfed PZ, Liligant, Moltres, Venomoth and such), with the attack investment guaranteeing that your Crunch will break Cress' sub, with it's Ice Beam only dealing 19.4-23.2% unboosted. Obviously Crunch is for stab, with either EQ or Brick Break for coverage. Taunt allows Drapion to fill the role of stallbreaker much better, though you can use Rock Slide if you want that extra power vs. Yanmega (or hit Honch if you choose to run EQ).

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In theory, wouldn't Drapion make a better Cress counter? He can still Taunt and retains a Psychic immunity, but he also is immune to Toxic and is only hit neutrally by Ice Beam. I've been playing around with something like this:

Drapion (M) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 32 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SDef / 216 Spd
- Crunch
- Earthquake/Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Rock Slide

Fairly straightforward, but it serves it's purpose. The EVs allow to outpace + Natured base 90s down (Non-Scarfed PZ, Liligant, Moltres, Venomoth and such), with the attack investment guaranteeing that your Crunch will break Cress' sub, with it's Ice Beam only dealing 19.4-23.2% unboosted. Obviously Crunch is for stab, with either EQ or Brick Break for coverage. Taunt allows Drapion to fill the role of stallbreaker much better, though you can use Rock Slide if you want that extra power vs. Yanmega (or hit Honch if you choose to run EQ).
you know, never thought of drapion. Good idea bro!

I have a bulky offense set that sets up on an awful lot of RU, but it needs team support to work best.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
128 HP/252 Atk/40 SpDef/88 Spe
Adamant / Water Absorb

Substitute
Bulk Up
Waterfall
Focus Punch

It throws up substitute vs. Blastoise and company, and can start setting up Bulk Up against status opponents. Substitute and Focus Punch is a good combination, particularly with a lot of powerful foes running around. If SubCM Cresselia runs Psyshock to get past Munchlax at +6, then it loses to this Poliwrath set, and you can 2hko with Waterfall after a lot of things. Focus Punch gets nice 1hkos on a lot of things, and can 2hko bulky Blastoise. The SpDef EVs can go into Speed, but I don't think it outspeeds anything significant, since you outspeed 4 spe base 80s. Poliwrath is incredibly bulky for RU considering that it can 2hko pretty much anything with Focus Punch, and is a great switch-in for Entei, Kabutops, Durant, Armaldo, and other top physical threats where it can start setting up. It beats pretty much any other Bulk Up user because of the great power of Focus Punch.

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Timid, 92 HP / 224 SpA / 192 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Aromatherapy

when i first got started in ru i knew i wanted to use lilligant. quiver dance is one of the best new moves of bw, and lilligant is one of the best abusers. with that said, i knew the standard set used sleep powder, but for some reason i told myself that i didn't want to use it lol (i think it was something along the lines of everyone expected it and it only gave me one shot at getting past a 'counter'). needless to say, i searched for a 4th move, and after skimming through its movepool i stumbled across an interesting option: aromatherapy. i slapped it on and the rest is history: this set is the most dominant set i've ever used in any tier. because lilligant is such a fast threat after a quiver dance, revenge killing it is incredibly hard. after that, the second most popular option for dealing with offensive threats is status. with aromatherapy, lilligant not only easily sets up on status mons, but it supports its teammates at the same time. just qv to +3 or something while taking toxic damage, aromatherapy it away, and giga drain back your health; simple and easy to use. as for ev's and nature, timid + 192 outspeeds modest yanmega, 92 hp gives you a lefties number, and the rest is thrown in spa.

sidenote: completely destroys most stall, just sayin.
I must say, I'm using this set now, and it's AMAZING. Too many people switch in Moltres and Yanmega to revenge her, only to be blasted to death by HP Rock.

Poison EXTREME KILLER Zangoose

Zangoose@toxic orb
Adamant nautre
252 Attack/ 128 hp/128 speed
Protect
Quick Attack
Pursuit
Brick Break/swords dance

I love this set. Protect get poison then sweep. Usually takes out 2 pokes at least.

IF cress carries ice beam bye bye drapion. JUST saying.

(sorry if this is a double post.)
Um, did you bother to read the post? Because I believe I did mention that Ice Beam is dealing 23.2% max to Drapion, making it a 5HKO at most (considering Lefties recovery). In that time Drapion could accumulate +6 via SD, which really isn't something you want to be up against.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Poison EXTREME KILLER Zangoose

Zangoose@toxic orb
Adamant nautre
252 Attack/ 128 hp/128 speed
Protect
Quick Attack
Pursuit
Brick Break/swords dance

I love this set. Protect get poison then sweep. Usually takes out 2 pokes at least.
1) DW zangoose is unreleased

2) why run 128hp? zangoose is still frail as hell

3) Why run quick attack when you can run a meaty FACADE with 210 base power?

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Timid, 92 HP / 224 SpA / 192 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Aromatherapy

when i first got started in ru i knew i wanted to use lilligant. quiver dance is one of the best new moves of bw, and lilligant is one of the best abusers. with that said, i knew the standard set used sleep powder, but for some reason i told myself that i didn't want to use it lol (i think it was something along the lines of everyone expected it and it only gave me one shot at getting past a 'counter'). needless to say, i searched for a 4th move, and after skimming through its movepool i stumbled across an interesting option: aromatherapy. i slapped it on and the rest is history: this set is the most dominant set i've ever used in any tier. because lilligant is such a fast threat after a quiver dance, revenge killing it is incredibly hard. after that, the second most popular option for dealing with offensive threats is status. with aromatherapy, lilligant not only easily sets up on status mons, but it supports its teammates at the same time. just qv to +3 or something while taking toxic damage, aromatherapy it away, and giga drain back your health; simple and easy to use. as for ev's and nature, timid + 192 outspeeds modest yanmega, 92 hp gives you a lefties number, and the rest is thrown in spa.

sidenote: completely destroys most stall, just sayin.

What about using this as a clean up sweeper near the endgame with petal dance?

Pretty much QD once or twice (not even needed tbh) and just use petal dance. Own Tempo prevents it from being confused so you can spam away.

What about using this as a clean up sweeper near the endgame with petal dance?

Pretty much QD once or twice (not even needed tbh) and just use petal dance. Own Tempo prevents it from being confused so you can spam away.
Thats the usual. The set posted is the creative part. Without Giga Drain, Lilligant cant set up on Toxic users.

Absol @ Focus Sash
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat
- Sucker Punch
- Filler

This set is hilarious, yet effective at the same time. Let's say you come across a Steelix lead.

Steelix: Cool, I'll set up rocks on the switch!
*Absol Magic Coats*
Steelix: FUUUUUU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)