Netbattle just got DPgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't connect to this new Netbattle, and I can't connect to Shoddy either. I'm beginning to think its a problem on my end, but before I look too deep into it, has anyone else had the same problem?

netbattle's main server's been down for ages, and shoddy's acts up occasionally. you can connect to shoddy with advanced --> shoddybattle.smogon.com:50000.

Hmm...doubles battles are my favorite kinds of battles(through I'm probably better at singles) but they're real fun~

But Shoddy...I like how it works better, it looks smoother,you don't need to scroll down an annoying bar to set the EVs and other things.

I guess I'll just play NB if I feel like Double battles and Shoddy otherwise.

Whenever I try and battle someone, and whenever they accept the challenge, the battle screen doesn't show up on NB Supremacy, and i get a Runtime Error 9.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Interesting. I always prefered Netbattle to Shoddy. Once it runs with an acceptabley low amount of bugs, I'd definitley make a switch.

How has no one mentioned the awesome user info section? I tried downloading and when I installed I got a ton of errors. It's probably my antivirus or lack of hdd space but if it happened to anyone else and they know why please let me know.

Just wondering... is anyone else having the same troubles connecting to the registry? I keep getting this error message....

The following error occurred while trying to connect to the Registry:
10060: The attempt to connect timed out

This error may mean the Server Registry is temporary disabled. If this is the case, it should be back up shortly. If you know the server's address or IP, you may enter it at the following screen. If not, please visit the Netbattle: Supremacy website at www.nbsup.com for a list of commonly active servers.
It has been like this for the past couple of weeks, anyone know how I can get back onto the official server? Or is everyone having this problem?

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Just wondering... is anyone else having the same troubles connecting to the registry? I keep getting this error message....

It has been like this for the past couple of weeks, anyone know how I can get back onto the official server? Or is everyone having this problem?
I have the same problem, and by looking at a lot of other posts in this thread, it seems like a lot of others are having this problem too.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Version 1.0.42 released:

-Database fix-ups (Kricketot, Chatter, Seed Flare, Starly's back sprite, among others)
-Glitch fixes and general improvements to the Voice Chat protocol.
-Integer Division (\) now possible in Server Scripts, to facilitate use of Supreme Points.
-D/P Battle mechanics: All moves are now used before a new Pokemon is sent out, including Double Battles.
-Evasion Clause added as a Battle Rule.
-Surf now hits all other Pokemon in D/P Double Battles.
-Intimidate is Traced properly.
-Ditto's Quick Powder and Metal Powder loses its effect upon transformation.
-Item Clause/Uber notification fixed.
-Lunar Dance now heals your PP, in addition to your health and status.
-Using the Configuration Wizard no longer screws up your password. Also, canceling the Wizard now actually works.
-If a Pokemon KOs its foe using U-turn, the U-turner must select a Pokemon first. The other player will be able to see this before making their choice.
-Will-O-Wisp now activates Flash Fire on all Pokemon in D/P.
-Away/Access Team Builder while battling glitch fixed.
-Poison-type Levitators/Flying-types no longer get rid of Toxic Spikes.
-Hiding/showing your team through server commands no longer resets every time you switch teams.
-Acupressure can now sharply raise Accuracy and Evasion.
-Use of Captivate is blocked by the trait Oblivious.
-Roost only removes the user's Flying-type for the rest of the turn.
-Power Trick and Gastro Acid are Baton Passed properly.

Download at nbsup.com

There are some nice fix ups in the new version, most notably imo the WoW activating Flash Fire since I can't even recall the numerous times I switched in Heatran on a Will-O-Wisp. It's also good to see the Gengar absorbing Toxic Spikes won't be happening anymore.

Hmm, I am still having trouble connecting to the registry. I downloaded the update from nbsup.com, but it says that I am connected to the registry than it quickly disconnects me.

-D/P Battle mechanics: All moves are now used before a new Pokemon is sent out, including Double Battles.
Did anyone else pause here?
I hope this is refering to self-deaths before the opponent has moved and not an auto-pursuit on every move...

At least it looks like updates are regular. We'll just give them some time to migrate to Smogon's tier system or they won't get any activity.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What that is talking about is replacing a fainted Pokemon. If a Pokemon faints in DP, it is sent out at the very end of the turn (it's the final end-of-turn effect, other than the incoming Pokemon taking various spiky damage). The old code had the Pokemon being replaced immediately (which is what happened in ADV).

how do i play showdown rule son this? It keep saying invalid team when i have 4 pokes all lv 50 for showdown rules

You basically add to Worthless Pokemon to your team that won't effect the battle, like a Lv. 1 Weedle that only knows String Shot or something to that effect and then you forfiet once the 4 Main Pokemon have fainted. Stadium Mode for Doubles still needs to be fixed :\

Terrific, now I've a reason to start using this again; as I've found that sending pokes in immediately like that was a real pain in the ass, especially against Explosion teams. Surf being fixed now also makes my rain team viable again.

I downloaded and installed the version on the first page, but i need the most recent version to play, anyone know where I can find the update with the site down?

I had to put in a google search and download it off of another site, don't remember the name, though.

How exactly are you suppose to play with Platinum mod? Or rather, have it recognize platinum moves and such?

http://pmnb.net/index.php?categoryid=9
There are couple bugs that still are pretty anoying, in fixing the release of new pokemon into the field after all the moves have gone through, you have to wait an extra turn to send out the next pokemon if they after the moves have been made but before the turn ends, like when a Pokemon dies due the Weather or Status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)