SS OU NEED HELP WITH THIS TEAM! Demon mew+Support team

Hey y’all, new team builder here. I used to just use pinkacross and all those profesional team builders teams, then I thought, why don’t I just make my own? And I did, and its been working pretty well to my surprise. I want to see what you all think, however, and hopefully get some feedback on where it can be improved. Thanks y’all! Oh yeah, my peak is around 1500 elo with this team, thought I should include that. Happy reading!

D e m o n (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 HP / 100 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Roost

First: We have typical demon mew. I don’t know if leftovers is the best item, so feedback would be great here. Other than that, standard set with standard moves. It comes in on a Pokémon that can’t reliably 2HKO it, starts setting up, and usually leads to a sweep. You do have to play around toxic+leech seed chip, however.

Failed experiment (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Second, we have a standard specs dragapult. I needed something to break walls with sub and other threats like this, and with its reliable speed control, dragapult seemed to be the best option. U turn allows it to predict switches and let it have a more favorable matchup against things that would normally wall it, and flamethrower is preferred over hydro pump due to ferrothorn being exceptionally common and this team not having a lot of other things to deal with it.

Toad (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Third, this is a bit of a weird pick but it has really good synergy with Rillaboom because of healing for eruption damage, while also reducing earthquake damage, even though you probably won’t survive one. Scarf Heatran is a rarity nowadays, and catches people off guard with powerful eruptions and a very surprising speed stat. Earth power is to win over other heatrans, flash cannon is for another powerful stab move, and dark pulse is for dragapult, common ghost types, or for an RNG way out with scarf+Flinch chance.

Ryan (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail

Next, we have bulky swords dance scale shot garchomp for possible sweeping or just reliable damage in earthquake. I run aqua tail for Lando-T’s, as I get one swords dance up after the intimidate, and unless the Lando is full defense and HP evs, it reliably kills. Scale shot and earthquake are pretty self explanatory for the purpose of this garchomp as well, and Rocky helmet is because I was having some problems with physical attacker, and the amount of damage provided by rough skin plus Rocky helm is really nice.

Angry monke (Rillaboom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off

Next up, we have typical choice band rillaboom because I realized I badly needed priority on this team, and it’s also nice for the grassy terrain healing and checks a lot of rain team mon. If you play against a rain team, rillaboom is extremely helpful. U turn allows it to play around switches, and wood hammer is for extremely powerful stab. Knock off is for pesky dragapult and other common psychic+ghost types. Rillaboom with priority 90 something BP grassy glide on grassy terrain kills a lot more than I thought it would originally, and has come in clutch many many times.

Angry Chicken (Mandibuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Finally, I realized that I had a crippling psychic weakness, and my original stall-esque pivot, clefable, was not exactly helping that. I look over the available mons and realized that mandibuzz would fit in much better with the team, and took care of the ps weakness, and was just very good overall. Overcoat helped with chip from weather and powder moves, and the typing was just what the team needed. Foul play is very reliable, and roost, u turn, and Defog are all pretty self explanatory.

Thanks Yall for reading so far, and now comes the fun part, time to rate my team! Anything is apreciated!

Abbehat

Madrane pas libérable
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hi ! I recommend that you first put the remaining 16 Evs of your Mew in Special Defense, same thing for Dragapult, then I think it would be better to put the Leftovers on Garchomp, because Rough Skin already punishes physical attacks quite hard and this will allow your Garchomp to have a passive recovery, for Heatran, putting Magma Storm instead of Dark Pulse to trap certain Defensive Pokémon seems better to me, also, i think Hydro Pump or Thunderbolt would do better than Flamethrower given that you already have Heatran for Fire-type attacks but no Water-type or Electric-type special-type attacks.
Your team also lacks entry hazards I think.

Hi ! I recommend that you first put the remaining 16 Evs of your Mew in Special Defense, same thing for Dragapult, then I think it would be better to put the Leftovers on Garchomp, because Rough Skin already punishes physical attacks quite hard and this will allow your Garchomp to have a passive recovery, for Heatran, putting Magma Storm instead of Dark Pulse to trap certain Defensive Pokémon seems better to me, also, i think Hydro Pump or Thunderbolt would do better than Flamethrower given that you already have Heatran for Fire-type attacks but no Water-type or Electric-type special-type attacks.
Your team also lacks entry hazards I think.
Thank you friend, I appreciate the feedback and will definitely try those things out

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
just wanted to mention some alternative methods of using demon mew and supporting it to become a more reliable wincon. to answer your question about the item, weakness policy is almost always better than leftovers to add some more punch to your stored powers and stop you from being entirely stonewalled by steels on offensive teams, taking advantage of mew's bulk and how people answer it well.

also prefacing that demon mew is at a pretty low point in general, and has been declining since kyurem got banned

for cosmic taunt, the obvious main obstacles are the dark-types you find yourself walled by. in the past, tspikes and flame body heatran have been a few common options to help get past weavile and tyranitar specifically. body press > taunt sets are usually better on hyper offense, from what i've seen? taking a hit from an unboosted weavile or something is a lot easier when you have screens support, and more aggressive teammate options to punish otherwise-answers like haze toxapex or status users.

the real flaw with this set is being unable to reliably get its setup without either being crit or overwhelmed by strong attackers/forced into 50-50s vs status users with taunt, which is why it's kind of faded from existence

just wanted to mention some alternative methods of using demon mew and supporting it to become a more reliable wincon. to answer your question about the item, weakness policy is almost always better than leftovers to add some more punch to your stored powers and stop you from being entirely stonewalled by steels on offensive teams, taking advantage of mew's bulk and how people answer it well.

also prefacing that demon mew is at a pretty low point in general, and has been declining since kyurem got banned

for cosmic taunt, the obvious main obstacles are the dark-types you find yourself walled by. in the past, tspikes and flame body heatran have been a few common options to help get past weavile and tyranitar specifically. body press > taunt sets are usually better on hyper offense, from what i've seen? taking a hit from an unboosted weavile or something is a lot easier when you have screens support, and more aggressive teammate options to punish otherwise-answers like haze toxapex or status users.

the real flaw with this set is being unable to reliably get its setup without either being crit or overwhelmed by strong attackers/forced into 50-50s vs status users with taunt, which is why it's kind of faded from existence
You bring up good points, thanks for the feedback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)