Other Necturna playtest coordination (PS is READY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I spent a coding spurt today finishing up the last of what needs to be done for Necturna on PS.

DONE:

- CAP Necturna Playtest format created and bans implemented: CHECK
- Necturna dex entry implemented: CHECK
- Necturna learnset data implemented: CHECK
- Necturna non-animated sprites implemented: CHECK
- Sketch-egg-move teambuilder support: CHECK
- Sketch-egg-move ladder team validator support: CHECK
- battle logging: CHECK

LEFT TO DO:

- Necturna animated sprite
- Necturna 32x24 icon
- Necturna weight

Thanks to verbatim for getting Necturna's learnset into PS format.

It logs the winner, the names of the players, the number of turns, and the teams of the players into a log file. It logs only ladder matches: private challenge matches are unlogged.

If you guys think of any other requests for things to log, I can do those, too.

Right now, the only things left to do aren't absolutely required for the playtest, so I declare myself (and verbatim) officially awesome.

Cool, but just be careful to not jump the gun. I think it's alright that people can build their teams now in anticipation of the playtest, but I want to emphasize that for tradition's sake, the inaugural battle must be the, you know, inaugural battle. I read that you've implemented bans properly, and been contacted by PM from users who were on IRC when you did this to ensure me that all is well, but take care here.

The 32x32 icon is typically done by Wyverii and has been for every other CAP we've had, and so I will contact her to have that taken care of. Weight and height will be decided by final product, so no fear there. We currently do not have requirements for animated sprites, but if someone is particularly motivated to work on one, more power to them.

...and thanks. A lot. I'm very glad that we get to do this playtest on PS instead of PO, and am hopeful that this will prevent the delay in the CAP project that happened between CAP 1 and CAP 2 from happening in the future. Cheers.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In other news, aesoft is beast and I nominate him for President.

Thanks for the update aesoft.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
lol, yeah, PS has a lot of ways to play test games that have no bans whatsoever, so I had to add an exception just for Necturna. Basically, if you try to use it in, say, Debug Mode, it turns into Venusaur.

I'm assuming Wyverii still remembers that icons are actually 32x24, not 32x32.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you very much, aeo! Ever since I first checked out Pokemon Showdown a month or two ago, I've been highly impressed with what you've been able to accomplish. I think playtesting CAP2 on PS will mutually benefit both parties involved. It gives us a malleable program to create and test our CAPs, while simultaneously bringing more users into the CAP subforum from PS. In return, we'll be able to populate your simulator and give you plenty of feedback. If you ever need anything from us to make your task easier, just let us know! Thanks again; I can't WAIT to being laddering.

Yes, and the playtest will start after Final Product, which I'll post later tonight. For future reference, questions of this nature are best served in the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)