Tournament NDPL III - Finals [Won by Galarian Phoenix]

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Art by Dharma
Rules

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the fantastic Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

Finals

:victini: Vice City Victinis (3) vs (5) Galarian Phoenix :moltres-galar:
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin

Vice City Victinis (0) vs (0) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin

Replays are mandatory.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, November 13th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

Vice City Victinis (4) vs (4) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine - TJ is undefeated in OU and probably the better player, sorry clem :(
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald - roginald must have sacrificed multiple children to get bailed out like that in tbs. Unfortunately that was only a one time deal with the devil.
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean - nick is too clean, he does not lose
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit - tlenit has definitely looked more solid so far and royal got farmed by specs steela in semis. Hopefully with pz qbanned we don't see another ho fest
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex - beraldinho is undefeated in RU after having a bad start in UU, but gorex has shown himself to be capable of winning games that should not be won. should be a fun game.
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau - i don't know anything about mono, bolding cielau in hopes of manifesting tiebreaks
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus - lotiasite has had some pretty impressive wins so far and brings unconventional stuff but pichus is pretty good too. This is definitely a game to watch.
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin - devwin is back in form

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Vice City Victinis (6) vs (2) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine clementines ego will stop him from doing good prep and loading a good team VS tj so i predict he's gonna get outplayed and blame MU
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald roginald is good at the game
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean doesnt load dogshit teams vs [redacted]
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit my UMPL teammate vs PUWC teammate. i will be judging this based on the tours. PUPL is cool and all but it feels a bit silly to have a tour with 4 ss slots 2 weeks before ss becomes an irrelevant tier, UMPL is like cool i guess but its still kinda cringe to put 4 tiers that all have their own pls into one big pl, what are we, SCL? that being said i think UMPL is probably more fun than pupl because i prefer NFE or ZU to PU any day of the week, so rooting for royal.
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex ive teamed with both these guys before and with beral u feel relieved whenever he plays cuz u think "oh thank god bera is playing we got this lgi" but when gorex is playing its like "why did this bro just click that NAHHH how did we lose from this position".
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau nonfrench vs french
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus mickey mouse tier i hope u guys gentleman to play dlc1
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin u could not pay me to root against kate, that being said i do think that devin is always taking the OU game, so if he can manage to win uu or ru he could take the series, altho i heavily favour kaitlyn in both of those tiers

while i did predict tinis to win i dont want that happening, ryuji deserves his first TT ring more than isza deserves getting carried to his third. go phoenix Jordy why did you dodge tj?

Last edited:
Vice City Victinis (2) vs (3) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine TJ is mom lover certified
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald Coin flip time
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean clean is the goat dont sleep
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit saw them play good in a replay thats good enough for me
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex PENGUIN GANG PENGUIN GANG
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau Big fan of qwily even tho u traded me in ballsack PL
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus Mickey tier idc
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin never seen devin lose

ong

Banned deucer.
Vice City Victinis (4) vs (4) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine TJ is a better clicker and overall solid play w Kate and Isza prep
National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald Rogi is going to have to get bailed 10x over again like he did in semis to win this game
National Dex OU: Gray vs clean if nick doesn’t bring a dogshit team he wins 75/25
National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit lenit’s play has been very solid throughout this entire tour so gonna have to go with him to win
National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex This mu can really go either way but gorex has Dlanyer and Ryuji prep in RU
National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau mu fish tier but Qwily is better
National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus also better clicker but mickey mouse tier
National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin his name is devwin for a reason, Kate’s play hasnt been as solid as of late so have to go with devin

Vice City Victinis (5) vs (2) Galarian Phoenix

National Dex OU: TJ vs Clementine 70/30
TJ is 4-0 in OU while clem is 0-2, also TJ is rly good, could always expect some upset with ryuji preps but i think tj is quite favored here

National Dex OU: Isza vs Roginald 65/35
both have very good records but i think isza has been clearly better in his games so far and i also think he is quite good at mons, rogi could take it with ryuji preps tho

National Dex OU: Gray vs clean 40/60
none of them are doing well in this tour but i rate clean a bit higher rn

National Dex UU: Royal1604 vs tlenit 30/70
tlenit is one of the best players in the pool while royal is 1-3, don't have much to say there tho as i didn't watch a lot of games in this tier i might be wrong

National Dex RU: Beraldinho vs gorex 60/40
beral has been very solid so far and seems better than gorex ingame, gorex rly can take it with a solid prep tho his tour hasnt been bad at all so far

National Dex Monotype: QWILY vs Cielau 50/50
i feel like qwily is better ingame but cielau could take it with a better prep, very close matchup

National Dex AG: lotiasite vs pichus 55/45
both seemed good, going with lotiasite for the slightly better record but it's very close tbh

National Dex Bo3: Kate vs devin 55/45
Kate seemed more solid so far and she also actually has good knowledge of these tiers but devin can win here if he tries a little bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)