Tournament NDOTSL I - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by sealoo

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

:heatran: HeeHee Heatrans (2) vs (4) Pokerich Clique :venusaur-mega:
National Dex LC: rarre vs Charis_Akins
National Dex STAB: The Dragon Master vs Ainzcrad
National Dex AAA: Tranquility vs Kayzn
National Dex NFE: Cao Jie vs sealoo
National Dex GG: cat vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
National Dex BH: anaconja vs Chessking345

HeeHee Heatrans (0) vs (0) Pokerich Clique
National Dex BH: anaconja vs Chessking345

The deadline for this week is Sunday, November 12th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
HeeHee Heatrans (3) vs (3) Pokerich Clique
National Dex BH: anaconja vs Nashrock

If tiebreakers occur then Heatrans should def pick BH. Ana is insane at BH and unless chessking is subbed in for tiebreaks out of nowhere, Ana will surely have a clear advantage.

Not too sure about Clique tho, maybe STAB.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Eulogies will come later (as well as my heartfelt mental breakdown :sob:) but for now let's get these predicts out of the way

HeeHee Heatrans (5) vs (1) Pokerich Clique
The goat of ndlc
TDM played really well last week, probably has the fundamentals to pull a win out here
Sorry Kayzn
Sealoo has been on a fine run so far
In fairness to maybca they could have done nothing last week but they did bring a base 100 attack cheempao... I believe in cat here
Anaconja clears

If tiebreaks do occur, naturally BH should be picked on the Heatrans side, and the Cliques should probably pick NFE? I think on paper the Heatrans have a strong advantage in this matchup however

HeeHee Heatrans (3) vs (3) Pokerich Clique
National Dex LC: rarre vs Charis_Akins: Charis used all his luck so i think rarre gets this
National Dex STAB: The Dragon Master vs Ainzcrad: i think ainz is the better player here
National Dex AAA: Tranquility vs Kayzn: more aaa experience
National Dex NFE: Cao Jie vs sealoo: they faced off once and PaulGod won, and CJ hasn't been doing all that good so I think he gets this again
National Dex GG: cat vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂: mayb is gonna abuse the brokens and get smth banned again
National Dex BH: anaconja vs Nashrock: better player

Tiebreak predictions
HeeHee Heatrans (2) vs (1) Pokerich Clique

HeeHee Heatrans vs Pokerich Clique

I may have lost to TDM but Ainz was the guy I spent 2 weeks preparing for.

Kazyn is a very solid player from what I've seen and I like his approach to AAA. Tranquility has been a bit hit or miss so far in terms of their team selections.

Can't speak too much. Both players are pretty balanced in terms of their builds and how they approach synergy with defensive and offensive components in teambuilding. Sealoo, whom I've played far far more than Cao, can win if he plays aggressively and bunkers down with reliable wincons (like u did that one time I brought weepinbell sun).

Gl Nash. Go all out with chessking prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)